Baby Grey (Grey's Anatomy) AB...

By mill25x

ABANDONED "Part of being dark and twisty is not having good relationships with people, but here I am, surroun... More

CAST
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thirty three
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty six
Thirty seven
Thirty eight
Thirty nine
Forty
Forty one
Forty two
Forty three
Forty four
Forty five
Forty six
Forty seven
Forty eight
Forty nine
Fifty
Fifty one
Fifty two
Fifty three
Fifty four
Fifty five
Fifty six
Fifty seven
Fifty eight
Fifty nine
Sixty
Sixty one
Sixty two
Sixty three
Sixty four
Sixty five
Sixty six
Sixty seven
Sixty eight
Sixty nine
Seventy one
Seventy two
Seventy three
Seventy four
Seventy five
Seventy six
Seventy seven
Seventy eight
Seventy nine
Eighty
Eighty one
Eighty two
Eighty three
Eighty four
Eighty five
Eighty six
Eighty seven
Eighty eight
Eighty nine
Ninety
Ninety one
Ninety two
Ninety three
Ninety four
Ninety five
Ninety six
Ninety seven
Ninety eight
Ninety nine
One hundred
One hundred and one
One hundred and two
One hundred and three
One hundred and four
One hundred and five
One hundred and six
One hundred and seven
One hundred and eight
One hundred and nine
One hundred and ten
One hundred and eleven
One hundred and twelve
One hundred and thirteen
One hundred and fourteen
One hundred and fifteen
One hundred and sixteen
One hundred and seventeen
One hundred and eighteen
One hundred and nineteen
One hundred and twenty
One hundred and twenty one
One hundred and twenty two
One hundred and twenty three
One hundred and twenty four
One hundred and twenty five
One hundred and twenty six
One hundred and twenty seven
One hundred and twenty eight
One hundred and twenty nine
One hundred and thirty
One hundred and thirty one
One hundred and thirty two
One hundred and thirty three
One hundred and thirty four
One hundred and thirty five
One hundred and thirty six
One hundred and thirty seven
One hundred and thirty eight
One hundred and thirty nine
One hundred and forty

Seventy

9.1K 249 41
By mill25x

"I got suspended," Meredith breathed into the phone.

"You got what?" Erin whisper-shouted, putting her hand over Archie's exposed ear as she fed him.

"Suspended," Meredith said.

"You did it, didn't you?" Erin sighed.

"It's Adele," Meredith said.

"How did they find out? I didn't say anything," Erin said.

"Alex saw me when I did it. He wasn't going to say anything but he got plastered last night and spilled his guts to Owen, who told Derek, who told Richard," Meredith said. Erin scowled at the thought of seeing her best friend that night.

"What did Derek say?" Erin asked.

"He won't talk to me. And now we've just been granted temporary custody of Zola and Derek won't speak to me so I can't tell him and I'm so stressed," Meredith said.

"Okay, well, I'm feeding Archie so I'll put him down and I'll move the crib into her room and Archie will sleep in his moses basket until we can buy another crib. We can work on the clothes and the toys tomorrow," Erin said.

"Thank you," Meredith sighed. "I feel so shitty right now," she whispered.

"You did it for the right reason. For what it's worth, I'm proud of you. I would've done the same if it was me," Erin said.

"I just can't believe Alex sold me out. Oh, and Kepner is chief resident! How crazy is that?" Meredith said.

"Kepner?" Erin said.

"Yeah!" Meredith said.

"Oh, poor April," Erin whispered. "Nobody is gonna listen to her," she said.

"Exactly. Exactly," Meredith said. Archie unlatched from Erin and she lifted her shoulder to wedge the phone between her ear.

"I gotta burp the baby," Erin said, lifting Archie over her shoulder to wind him. "Okay, I need two hands for this. I'll sort the crib out so let me know what time you're gonna be home," Erin said.

"Thank you," Meredith ended the call and Erin dropped her phone onto the couch.

"Hear that, Archie? You're getting a cousin. Baby Zola," Erin cooed, rubbing Archie's back. "Yeah, you are," she said. Archie burped and Erin chuckled. "Good boy," she said.

"Erin?" Meredith gently nudged Erin with her knee. Erin's eyes fluttered open and she blinked tiredly at Meredith from her position on the couch.

"Oh, hey, Zola," Erin smiled at the girl in Meredith's arms, standing up and tickling her cheek. "The crib is in your room and little man is out for at least another hour so I've got time to help you put her down," Erin said.

"Thank you. Is Derek here?" she said.

"I haven't heard anyone come in," Erin said.

"I've checked everywhere and he's not here. Alex's things are gone, too. I told him to get out. I didn't think he really would," Meredith said.

"Oh, god," Erin sighed. "You know what? Let's ignore that for tonight. You go upstairs and get Zola into her pyjamas while I bring Archie and his basket up," Erin said.

"Okay," Meredith said. She gabbed her bags and headed upstairs with Zola, Erin following with Archie lying safely in his basket.

"Want me to get in with you tonight if he doesn't come home?" Erin offered.

"Is that bad for the babies?" Meredith asked.

"It's for one night. And, besides, they're cousins. They're gonna live here together for a while and they're gonna grow up having sleepovers. They need to deal with each other's sleeping habits," Erin said.

"Thank you, Erin," Meredith said. Erin nodded and carried the basket into Meredith's room. She put it on the bed and went to her room, grabbing the basket stand and her phone.

She set the basket up at her side of the bed, climbing in and lifting Archie out to cuddle while Meredith and Zola cuddled beside her in the bed.

"It'll be okay," Erin said.

"You think?" Meredith asked.

"I'm hoping," Erin said, smoothing a hand over Archie's hair. She looked at Meredith. "I don't think what you did was wrong," she said.

"Derek does," Meredith said.

"Well, then, that's Derek's issue. You guys won't agree on everything. And, besides, it'll be worth it if it works," Erin said. Meredith smiled slightly.

"It will be," she said. The doorbell went and Erin nodded.

"I'll get it," she said. She lay Archie in his basket and headed downstairs, opening the front door. "Cristina," she said. She heard footsteps and Meredith peered downstairs.

"Cristina? Oh. I was hoping you were Derek," Meredith said.

"Sorry," Cristina said, stepping into the house. Erin closed the door over behind her.

"Well, he took off, and the hospital gave me a baby. She's upstairs sleeping in Archie's crib," Meredith said.

"Uh, I'm getting an abortion... And Owen just kicked me out of my house," Cristina said. Erin and Meredith stared at her.

"What? You're..." Meredith trailed off.

"Pregnant," Cristina said.

"And you're..." Erin trailed off.

"Getting an abortion," Cristina said. Erin nodded slowly.

"Well... why didn't you tell us?" Meredith asked.

"You had a busy, busy day and Erin has a newborn. That's like, kicking a puppy dog," Cristina said.

"Hey, your body, your choice," Erin shrugged. Zola let out a cry from upstairs, setting Archie off, too.

"Come upstairs. We could do with outnumbering the kids," Meredith said.

"I... I can't. I gotta lie down," Cristina said, moving to the couch. Erin grabbed her a blanket from the closet before hurrying upstairs after Meredith to settle the kids.

"Okay, I love my baby but I miss cutting them open," Erin groaned, holding Archie as she watched the hustle and bustle of the ER.

"You've got nine and a half weeks of maternity leave left. You'll hate being back when you're back," Callie smiled. "I miss Sofia all the time. It's killing me, but I love breaking bones," Callie said.

"You've been back for like, a week. And you see her every time you get a minute to go into the daycare," Erin said.

"Yeah, I know," Callie smiled. "You going to that resident breakfast thing?" she asked.

"Why else would I be dragging my little man out of the house so early?" Erin said, tickling Archie's stomach. He cooed happily.

"Oh, I need to talk to you about the peds fellowship," Arizona said, joining them on the other side of Erin.

"What about it?" Erin asked.

"I've been getting tons of applications for it and while you are at the top, I really need something big to blow the rest of the competition out of the water. Like, I don't know, publish an article or create some new surgical method. Or fly to LA and do a supercool neonatal surgery with Addison. Just so there's nobody crying favoritism," Arizona said.

"Yeah, okay. I'll call her, ask her to let me know when there's some supercool cases," Erin said.

"Okay," Arizona smiled. "Look, we all know that it's gonna be you. I just need to be able to give everybody a clear reason why I picked you. I don't want people thinking it's because we like each other," she said. Callie smirked from beside them, making faces at Archie while Erin and Arizona talked.

"What about Karev? Is he applying?" Erin said.

"He is, but it's gonna be you over him. Especially after he ratted Meredith out," Arizona said. Erin rolled her eyes, bouncing Archie again.

"Uncle Alex made a big mess, didn't he?" she cooed. She looked back up at Arizona. "Thank you for telling me. I'll call Addie," Erin said.

"Want me to take Archie to daycare for the breakfast? You can have some time without him to eat, maybe grab a bite together for once," Callie said.

"Uh," Erin hesitated as she looked between Archie and Callie. "You know what, that would be really nice. Thank you," Erin said. Callie took Archie, kissing his chubby cheeks.

"How's my little man doing? You wanna go and see Sofia and Zola in daycare?" she cooed, taking the baby bag and walking away.

Erin and Arizona watched them get on the elevator before Erin pulled out her phone, dialing Addison.

"Hey! How's little man?" Addison answered after two rings.

"Hey, he's great. He's going to daycare to see Sofia and Zola so it's me you're stuck with right now," Erin chuckled.

"I guess you'll do," Addison teased. "What's up?" she said.

"Have you got any cool surgeries or anything for when I come back to work? I'm applying for the peds fellowship here and I could really do with something to push my application like, a mile ahead of everybody else's. I'm good on my own but the fact I now have my own child is a bit off-putting to some hospitals so I need the surgeries to back me up," Erin said.

"Well, you come back in ten weeks, right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. As soon as you're back, let me know. I'll send any cases your way and you can pick which ones you want to help out with. That way, I get to see little man and you get some cool surgeries," Addison said.

"Thank you, Addie," Erin sighed. Arizona's pager beeped and she winced.

"We've got a heavy incoming. There's a sink hole," she said.

"Oh, shit. Addie, I gotta go. Big incoming in the ER," Erin said.

"Good luck!" Addison ended the call.

"Think I could get privileges for the day?" Erin said.

"Go and ask the chief now," Arizona said, gently pushing Erin in one direction while she ran in the other.

"Chief?" Erin knocked on his office door. It opened and Meredith stood in front of her, jaw clenched. "Hey," she said.

"I got fired," Meredith muttered, brushing past her. Erin watched her go before turning back to the chief.

"What is it, Erin?" he said.

"We've got a trauma coming in, victims of a sinkhole. I'm here, Archie's in daycare. I can help," she said.

"Yes. Go get some scrubs on," he said. She nodded.

"You fired Meredith?" she asked.

"The board," he said simply.

"She did it for Adele," Erin said. "You know that, right?"

"I know. The board doesn't," Richard sighed. Erin nodded.

"I better go," she said. He nodded and watched her hurry off to get some scrubs.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Jackson looked up at Erin as she passed him in the ER in her scrubs, her gown and gloves on ready for the next patient that would come in.

"I was here for the breakfast and when Arizona said about the trauma, Callie said she'd take Archie up to daycare so I could help. The chief said I could so here I am," Erin said, handing Bailey the kit she'd asked for.

"Are you feeling okay? Did you pump?" Jackson asked, looking at his unconscious patient briefly before looking back at Erin.

"I'm feeling great. I think it's adrenaline and yes, I pumped. Archie is gonna be fine until I can get to him later. He's got four bottles," she said, rolling her eyes slightly at her friend.

"Is that enough? What if you get pulled into a surgery and it runs over his feeds?" he asked. Erin laughed loudly.

"You sound like Meredith," she said.

"We're your family. We care," Jackson laughed.

"Grey, over here!" Bailey shouted. Erin looked over, seeing Alex in dirt covered scrubs standing beside a kid on a gurney.

"Gotta go," Erin said, running over.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked.

"Meredith got fired so we were two hands down. I figured I could at least help out, considering she can't," Erin said. "What do we got?" she looked at the paramedic, ignoring the look on Alex's face.

"I missed this," Erin sighed, helping Alex and Arizona operate on the little boy he'd brought in.

"How's Nicky doing?" Derek asked, walking in and looking at the boy.

"I gotta do my final exploration, check for any missed bleeders, and then I'm out," Alex said.

"The kid had a renal artery thrombosis. I thought his kidney was a goner, but Alex and Erin did an interposition graft and saved it. They're doing an amazing job," Arizona said.

"I need to stabilize his spinal fracture. So, what do you got, about another hour or so?" Derek asked.

"Well, with the double trouble over here, you never know. I'd keep your pager close by," Arizona said.

"Mm," Derek hummed.

"Dr. Shepherd," one of the nurses said. He nodded. "Janet Meyers with social services needs to speak with you," she said. Erin looked up sharply.

"Oh, what now?" Derek groaned.

"She's waiting in the lobby," the nurse said. He sighed and nodded.

"I heard about Meredith. I'm sorry. But you know, Meredith's strong, you're strong. You're gonna make it through-" Arizona started.

"Could you guys just keep it down? I'm trying to concentrate. Please," Alex snapped. Erin looked back at him with raised eyebrows.

"Alright. Just page me when you're ready, okay?" Derek said.

"Yeah," Arizona said. Derek nodded.

"Where's Archie?" he said.

"Daycare. God, I think everybody prefers my son over me. All I've heard all day is where's Archie," Erin said, rolling her eyes.

"He doesn't disagree with me," Derek said. Erin sighed.

"You know, what happened was wrong and I understand why you're pissed, but have you thought for one minute about why she did this?" Erin said.

"She did this to ruin my trial," Derek scowled. Arizona rolled her eyes at Erin and she nodded.

"No, she didn't. She did this because we watched our mom disappear right before our eyes and she didn't want Richard to go through that with Adele. Do you know how devastating that disease is? Do you know how terrifying it is to know that you might have the gene for it?" Erin said, taking the clamp from one of the nurses.

"Did you find out?" Alex asked, looking up at her sharply. She shook her head.

"No, because Derek convinced Meredith not to find out and if she wasn't gonna know, neither was I because I wasn't gonna shove that bad news down her throat," Erin looked up at Derek.

"You could find out. I didn't ask you not to find out," Derek said.

"You asked my sister not to find out and she asked me not to find out. You know, maybe you don't get it because you've never lost someone to Alzheimer's, but when me and Meredith get the same disease our mom did and you're stuck raising your kids alone and my kids are doing joint custody between you and Lexie, then you can understand exactly why Meredith did what she did. And, just for the record, I would've done exactly the same thing," Erin said. "Suction," she said.

"Erin, she's ruined so many people's chances," Derek said.

"And she's paying the price. She's been fired. But that doesn't mean she needs her husband to dip out on her when they've got a kid at home," Erin said.

"I'm going to leave," Derek said.

"It's probably for the best," Erin snapped. He bowed his head and left the OR.

"Erin, do you want to leave?" Arizona asked.

"No. I want to make sure this kid gets out of here alive and then I want to take mine home and feed him because my boobs are in agony," Erin said.

"How's he been sleeping?" Alex asked.

"You would know if you didn't leave our house," Erin rolled her eyes. "He's fine. Getting bigger every day," she said.

"Meredith wanted me out. I wasn't gonna stay if she didn't want me there," he said.

"After you blew her up, I wouldn't have wanted you there, either. But, honestly, you're all idiots. You're an idiot for blowing her up, she's an idiot for letting you catch her, Derek's an idiot for being a dick, Richard's an idiot for firing her and clearly, you all fall to pieces when somebody isn't here to keep you together," Erin said.

"That somebody is you, I'm assuming?" Arizona smirked. Erin smirked back at her.

"Yeah. Okay, somebody close for me because my boobs are aching and Archie's gonna have finished his last bottle that I pumped," she said.

"Karev, close," Arizona said. "You go and feed my little man and make sure he's all big and strong," Arizona said. Erin chuckled.

"I will. You coming over?" Erin said, taking the towel from the scrub nurse to dry her hands.

"If you want me to," Arizona nodded. Erin nodded.

"Yeah. Thanks for the surgery, Zona. I needed it," Erin sighed, pulling her gown, gloves and mask off.

"Welcome, baby Grey," Arizona smiled.

"Grey!" Bailey knocked on the door to the residents lounge. Erin looked up, holding Archie against her chest as she fed him.

"You can come in, Bailey," she said. The door opened and Bailey stepped in.

"Are you staying here for the rest of the day?" she asked.

"No, Hunt said you've got everything under control. I'm just gonna hang out, wait for Arizona before I head home," Erin said.

"That's what I came to talk to you about," Bailey walked over and sat down across from her. "I'm giving the residents a Gunther patient. They're gonna be here for a while, the attendings will be, so you could head home if you didn't want to wait," she said.

"A Gunther?" Erin asked.

"A team building exercise," Bailey said. Erin nodded.

"Fair enough. I've got to finish feeding Archie and we'll probably have a nap, so I'll check in and see where they're up to then. Archie's gonna be spending a lot of time here, so we're gonna get used to it nice and early," Erin said, stroking his brown curly hair.

"He looks like you, even with the dark hair," Bailey smiled.

"I know. I'm so glad. I don't know how I'm gonna explain the dad situation when he's older. What do I say to a kid when he asks who his dad is and why Zola has one but he doesn't?" Erin said.

"You tell him that being a parent is a really special job and only some people are special enough to do it. You tell him that he doesn't have a dad but he does have a mom who loves him enough for two parents. You tell him that he has a whole family in this hospital who love him and that Jesse is missing out on what a good little guy he's gonna grow up to be," Bailey said. Erin nodded, looking down at her son.

"Whenever I asked my mom where my dad was, she told me he didn't want us anymore. I don't want him to think that he isn't wanted. He is, he's so wanted, and just because Jesse can't see what he's missing out on does not mean that he isn't wanted," Erin said.

"Erin?"

"Yeah?"

"You are a great mom already. So, stop worrying. This won't come up for years. Worry when you cross that bridge," she said. Erin nodded.

"Okay," she said.

"I have to run. I'll tell Arizona to page you when they're in surgery on the Gunther so you know how long she'll be. You won't have to wait around here, then," Bailey said.

"Thanks," Erin smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 1.3K 36
What if meredith grew up with an younger sister who was a very smart child, at the age of 13 she was finishing high school with her older sister mere...
1.2M 29.2K 70
"I don't get it." He shook his head at me, his frustration clear in his eyes. "Why can't you just let yourself be happy, for once?" "What makes you t...
81.3K 1.5K 125
You are Y/n Sloan, little sister of Mark Sloan. You are 26 years old and have been in the army helping out doctors as you wanted to help others after...
516K 8.8K 149
In which Audrey Davidson joins the Seattle Grace Memorial Hospital clan as a new resident (Sorry I suck at descriptions) Grey's Anatomy Seasons 1-7