Baby Grey (Grey's Anatomy) AB...

By mill25x

ABANDONED "Part of being dark and twisty is not having good relationships with people, but here I am, surroun... More

CAST
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thirty three
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty six
Thirty seven
Thirty eight
Thirty nine
Forty
Forty one
Forty two
Forty three
Forty four
Forty five
Forty six
Forty seven
Forty eight
Forty nine
Fifty
Fifty one
Fifty two
Fifty three
Fifty four
Fifty five
Fifty six
Fifty seven
Fifty eight
Fifty nine
Sixty
Sixty one
Sixty two
Sixty three
Sixty four
Sixty five
Sixty six
Sixty seven
Sixty eight
Seventy
Seventy one
Seventy two
Seventy three
Seventy four
Seventy five
Seventy six
Seventy seven
Seventy eight
Seventy nine
Eighty
Eighty one
Eighty two
Eighty three
Eighty four
Eighty five
Eighty six
Eighty seven
Eighty eight
Eighty nine
Ninety
Ninety one
Ninety two
Ninety three
Ninety four
Ninety five
Ninety six
Ninety seven
Ninety eight
Ninety nine
One hundred
One hundred and one
One hundred and two
One hundred and three
One hundred and four
One hundred and five
One hundred and six
One hundred and seven
One hundred and eight
One hundred and nine
One hundred and ten
One hundred and eleven
One hundred and twelve
One hundred and thirteen
One hundred and fourteen
One hundred and fifteen
One hundred and sixteen
One hundred and seventeen
One hundred and eighteen
One hundred and nineteen
One hundred and twenty
One hundred and twenty one
One hundred and twenty two
One hundred and twenty three
One hundred and twenty four
One hundred and twenty five
One hundred and twenty six
One hundred and twenty seven
One hundred and twenty eight
One hundred and twenty nine
One hundred and thirty
One hundred and thirty one
One hundred and thirty two
One hundred and thirty three
One hundred and thirty four
One hundred and thirty five
One hundred and thirty six
One hundred and thirty seven
One hundred and thirty eight
One hundred and thirty nine
One hundred and forty

Sixty nine

8.6K 269 63
By mill25x

•legit had the day from hell so hopefully this will cheer us all up... erizona coming within the next few chapters my people don't worry😂

————————————————

"Hi, mama," Arizona smiled at Erin as she wheeled the baby's cot into the hospital room.

"Hi," Erin smiled tiredly at her. "Can I have him?" she asked.

"He's all yours," Arizona said. She lifted him out of the crib and put him gently in Erin's arms.

Erin stared down at her son, feeling tears fill in her eyes.

"He's so beautiful," Erin whispered, stroking her finger across his cheek. He opened his mouth and Erin traced his chin. She looked back up at Arizona, who blinked and turned away to hide the tears in her eyes at witnessing such a private moment between a mother and her child.

"He'll be hungry soon. Are you still trying breast first?" Arizona said.

"Yeah," Erin said. She looked back down at the baby. "I made this," she said.

"You did," Arizona chuckled. "He's all yours," she said.

"That's terrifying," Erin's face went pale as she looked at Arizona. "He's mine," she said.

"He is," Arizona nodded confusedly.

"He's mine," Erin whispered in horror. "I have a kid. Oh my god, my kid is going to turn out exactly like me and is going to resent me because the only mother I have to look up to is Ellis freakin' Grey and she should not be my example going into this. Oh my god, what did I do?" Erin cried.

"Erin, it's okay," Arizona said quickly, stepping to her side. "It's all gonna be okay. You don't have Ellis as your only example. You have Meredith. She raised you. And you have Callie, too. She's a new mom, so she's probably feeling a bit scared too. It's gonna be okay. We can do this. You have a village to help you," Arizona said.

"I am gonna be a terrible mother and my kid is going to hate me," Erin pouted, leaning back against the pillows. "What did I do?" she asked miserably.

"Hey," Arizona said, pointing at her. Erin raised her eyebrows. "You are going to be a wonderful mother and you know why?" she said.

"Why?" Erin mumbled.

"Because you are so worried about how he's gonna turn out already. Do you think a bad mom would care how her kids turn out? I don't. So, that makes you a pretty good mom already. And you're gonna make mistakes, Erin, but that doesn't mean you're a bad mom or that he's gonna hate you," Arizona said.

"I guess," Erin looked down at him. "He's just so perfect. I don't want to hurt him more than the world already will," she said.

"That makes you a good mom. You're gonna do everything you can to make sure that you don't hurt him. I know you will, 'cause that's the kind of person you are. You do the most for the people you love and it's not gonna be any different with this little one. If anything, you'll do more," Arizona said.

"You think?" Erin sniffed.

"I know," Arizona said. She wrapped her arm around Erin's shoulders and kissed her forehead. "I know," she said again.

"Thank you," Erin leaned her head against Arizona's cheek, closing her eyes as she just let Arizona hold her for a few seconds.

"I got you, baby Grey," Arizona reminded her.

"I know," Erin said.

"You up for any visitors?" Meredith smiled as she knocked on Erin's door a few hours later.

"We are," Erin smiled.

Meredith stepped in, Derek, Lexie and Alex at her heels. Cristina, April and Jackson were behind them, with Richard, Bailey, Arizona and Callie at the back.

"I call first hold," Meredith said quickly, scooping the baby out of the crib. "He's gorgeous," she pouted at Erin.

"I know," Erin sighed happily.

"I want next hold," Alex said.

"No way! I'm her sister," Lexie said.

"I'm her brother," Derek said.

"In law," Lexie said, sticking her tongue out.

"I'm the kid's godfather," Alex said.

"I've known Erin the longest," Cristina said.

"I have, actually," Derek said.

"No, you haven't. I have," Richard smirked teasingly. "I've known Erin since she was two months old. I trump everybody in this room," he said.

"Except me. I've known Erin since she was the floating baby in mom's tummy," Meredith smirked. He laughed.

"Right you are, Meredith," he said.

"Still, I call next," Derek shrugged.

"I call next," Lexie said.

"Okay, guys, stop fighting over my baby," Erin laughed.

"Lexie, you're next. Then Derek, then Alex. Then it's free for all with the rest of you," Meredith said.

"Can I go back to sleep, then? If you've all got my child," Erin said.

"Yeah," Arizona nodded, walking over to Erin. She sat on the edge of the bed beside her and squeezed her hand. "I'll wake you up if he needs feeding," she said.

"Thanks," Erin said, leaning her head against Arizona's shoulder. "Like, really. You're an angel," she whispered.

"My turn," Lexie piped up.

"Fine," Meredith scowled, handing the baby over to Lexie. She stared down at the baby with wide eyes.

"You made this," she looked up at Erin.

"Believe me, I was just as freaked out, too," Erin smiled slightly.

"He came out of you," Lexie said.

"He's been washed," Bailey rolled her eyes.

"You created him from nothing. Holy shit," Lexie said, looking back at the baby.

"That's kind of how babies are made, Lex," Erin said.

"I know. It's just... This is your baby," she said.

"Yeah, I know," Erin laughed.

"Wow," Lexie said.

"He have a name?" Alex asked.

"Not yet," Erin said. "I mean, he's three weeks early. I thought I had more time," Erin said.

"Good point," Jackson smiled.

Meredith walked to Erin and kissed her cheek.

"I am so proud of you," she whispered.

"Thank you, Mer," Erin whispered back, smiling tiredly at her sister as she leaned against Arizona's side.

"Go to sleep. Addison called and asked for me to send her and Amelia pictures when you're home so let's get you rested and get you home," Derek said.

"I love Addison and Amelia," Erin yawned, closing her eyes as Arizona started stroking through her hair.

Meredith walked back to the baby, who was now being transferred to Alex.

Alex stared down at the baby, a small smile on his face as he met his godson.

"Hey, little guy. I'm Alex Karev. I'm your godfather and your mom is my best friend. She's really cool, you know? She works on tiny humans like you with me and Robbins. You're really gonna love having her as your mom," he whispered.

The baby wrapped his hand around Alex's pointer finger and Alex smiled, rubbing his thumb over the back of the baby's hand.

"Yeah, we're gonna have loads of fun, little guy. I'm gonna teach you how to hotwire a car, but we aren't gonna tell your mom," he whispered.

"If you're teaching him to hotwire a car, it better be a good one," Erin mumbled, drifting off to sleep a few seconds later.

Alex laughed and leaned down, kissing the baby's hair softly.

"You heard your mom. Only good cars," he whispered.

"My turn," Bailey beamed, holding her arms out.

"No, my turn," Callie said.

"Mine, actually," April said. "I live with them," she said.

"So do I," Jackson said.

"I've seen Erin naked. I trump all of you," Cristina said.

"You don't even like babies," Arizona snorted.

"I like Erin's baby," Cristina shrugged.

"My turn," Bailey said, taking the baby from Alex.

"God forbid when our kid is here," Meredith whispered to Derek, who laughed and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I can't wait," he said.

"I need to name you before we go home," Erin told the baby as she changed his diaper. He was lying on the bed and she was dressed in joggers and a hoodie, but the baby still wasn't named.

The baby stared blankly up at Erin and she sighed.

"I know. Choosing a name is a big deal, but you kind of need one or I'll get in trouble. I'm gonna say a few, let's see what you think," she said. The baby blinked. "I'll take that as a yes," she said. "Okay. Freddie," she said. "Nope. Jack. Nope. Uh, Cameron? Nope," she mumbled.

"What are you doing?" a voice came from the door.

Erin looked up, smiling when she saw Arizona leaning against the doorframe.

"Trying to name my baby," she said.

"Need help?" Arizona said.

"Yes," Erin said. Arizona walked over and sat on the end of the bed, stroking the baby's hair while Erin finished changing his diaper.

"Okay," Arizona smiled, taking him and lifting him into her arms. "Hit me," she said.

"I don't know," Erin said. "I was thinking maybe Charlie, or something with an ie ending. His middle name is Alexander, after Alex, and it works for Lexie, too, 'cause her name is Alexandria. I just need a first name," Erin said.

"Okay. Well, let's think," Arizona said. "Names ending in ie. Archie, Charlie, Eddie, Freddie, Georgie, Mattie, Ronnie, Stevie, Teddie, Vinnie, I'm running out of names," Arizona said.

"I like Archie," Erin said, moving so she could look down at the baby. "He looks like an Archie," she said.

"He does. Archie Alexander Grey," Arizona said. Erin smiled and took Archie, kissing his forehead.

"Yeah," she said.

"I'll finish up his birth certificate, then, and sign off on you and Archie to go home. I'll take you home, too. I finished my shift ten minutes ago," Arizona said.

"Thanks," Erin smiled at her best friend, watching her walk out of the room. She looked back down at Archie and kissed his forehead. "We're gonna be okay, Archie. We're gonna be okay," she said.

"Okay," Arizona sighed, putting the carseat down on Erin's bed. "You need anything before I go?" Arizona asked. Erin looked around her room and winced. It was still a mess from when she'd gotten ready for work the day before.

Erin opened her mouth to ask Arizona to help her tidy up but Archie opened his mouth and started crying.

"It's feeding time," Erin said, unbuckling Archie out of the carseat. Arizona cleared a spot for her on the bed and Erin sat down, helping Archie latch on.

"You know, I think I'm gonna stay a while until Meredith gets home. Help you settle in and stuff," Arizona said.

"Thanks," Erin nodded gratefully.

"I'm gonna make you some food and some tea and then I'm gonna tidy up. Sit tight," Arizona said, handing Erin her television remote and phone before disappearing downstairs.

"What would we do without her, Archie?" Erin whispered to her son with a smile. "She can stick around. I hate tidying up," she said.

"Can I ask you something?" Meredith said, staring at Erin as she fed Archie. They were in the kitchen. Erin sat at the table while she read over some cases Alex and Arizona wanted her opinion on. Meredith was at the stove making pasta for lunch.

"Always," Erin mumbled, not looking up from her work.

"Do you think you're gonna be a good mom?" Meredith said. Erin looked up and shrugged.

"I don't know. Some part of me wants to say yes because you raised me and I've not turned out to be absolutely terrible. But part of me wants to say no because I don't know the first thing about raising a child. I still feel like a child half of the time. Why?" Erin asked.

"Derek wants us to adopt one of the African babies, Zola," Meredith said.

"Oh, spina bifida baby," Erin realised. "And you're worried you won't be a good mom," Erin said.

"Yeah. We're hardly mother material, Erin, and I'd love to be able to do it, but look at how mom raised us. Can we juggle surgery and babies?" Meredith asked.

"Well, I kept him for a reason. I want to be a good mom. I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure he is never raised like we were. So, maybe we can do it. Maybe we just have to be better than mom was," Erin said.

"Good point," Meredith sighed, putting a bowl of pasta in front of Erin. "Eat," she said.

"Yes, mom," Erin teased, taking a large bite to stop Meredith from worrying.

"Erin! Great to see you," Owen smiled as Erin walked into the conference room a week after Archie was born, Archie in his pram.

"Hi," Erin smiled, sitting at the chair opposite him with a yawn. "Sorry," she said.

"Don't worry about it. How's the little man?" Owen said.

"I had no idea babies ate as much as they did," Erin said. "Or shit their pants as much as they did. I mean, nobody actually gives you the statistics behind being a parent," she said. Owen laughed.

"Yeah, I imagine so," he said.

"It's ridiculous. I mean, I had to actually learn how to do the laundry because he either shits or vomits on everything he wears. But, other than that, he's great. He's sleeping well, doesn't cry much, eats well. Just vomits and shits a lot, too," Erin said. Owen laughed again.

"Sounds like you're loving it," he said.

"I am. I mean, it's kind of hard not to love it. I made him," Erin smiled proudly.

"You did," Owen said. "I'm sorry to call you in so soon but we need to talk about chief resident," he said.

"I don't want it," Erin said quickly.

"You don't? You're one of the top candidates," Owen frowned.

"No, I really don't want it. Chief resident is managing schedules and bossing people around and less surgery. I'm already gonna be busy managing my normal workload now I've got a baby I have to consider, and with boards coming up this year, it's just not a good idea for me to take on too much. It's great to be considered, but I don't want it," Erin said.

"You know, we can help you manage it all. It's not like you'd be on your own to do it," Owen said.

"Oh, no, it's really okay. I don't want it. I love being a surgeon, I hate doing the paperwork side. Chief resident seems like a lot of paperwork," Erin shrugged.

"Yeah, it's not fun doing paperwork," Owen sighed. "Okay. Any ideas on who should be chief resident, then?" he asked.

"Well, I'm obviously gonna say Meredith, because she's my sister, but there's good reasons for all of them. So, don't make me pick. I need my village to help me raise my kid. I do not need anybody in said village hating me," Erin smiled.

"Fair enough," Owen smiled back. "Are you missing surgery?" he asked.

"Not yet. I mean, I've been helping Alex and Arizona look over their cases and I've been watching a lot of my mom's old surgeries because they seem to help Archie fall asleep. I think I'm too tired to miss surgery, yet. Maybe when he drops a feed and I sleep more, I'll miss it," Erin said.

"Well, you're always welcome here whenever you want to be here," Owen said.

"Thanks. I actually have to head up to the nursery at some point to get Archie's paperwork finished, so I'll probably come by and bring him a few times before I go back to work so he can get used to it," Erin said.

"That's a good idea," Owen nodded. "Make the transition easier from having you all day every day to being on the schedule," he said.

"Yeah," Erin agreed. There was a knock on the door and they looked over, Erin smiling as Arizona walked in.

"Hi," Arizona beamed, walking in and over to Erin. She kissed her forehead and then leaned over, kissing Archie's forehead in his pram.

"Everything okay, Robbins?" Owen asked.

"I heard my favourite people were in today so I wanted to come and visit while I had a minute between surgeries," Arizona said.

"What surgery?" Erin asked.

"Pancreatic transplant on a five year old," Arizona smiled.

"Oh, Archie and I will watch," Erin said, standing up and smiling at Owen.

"Have fun," he laughed, watching Arizona push Archie's pram out of the conference room while Erin spammed her with questions about the surgery.

Meredith was lying in bed with Derek when she heard Archie start to cry from Erin's room. Derek was asleep and Archie's crying wasn't stopping, so Meredith assumed that Erin was either downstairs or had gone to the bathroom.

She stood up and walked down the hallway, pushing Erin's door open. Erin was holding Archie against her chest, rocking him to try and stop him crying while she blinked rapidly to try and keep her heavy eyes open.

Meredith smiled softly. She knew the first week had been hard for Erin, especially considering she had been expecting more time to prepare and actually learn how to handle a newborn. She'd been learning on the job and, while she'd been doing a great job, she was still exhausted.

"Hey," Meredith said.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up. I've fed him and changed him but he's just not happy," Erin mumbled, turning away to yawn into her shoulder.

"Give him to me," Meredith stepped into the room.

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry. I'll take him downstairs," Erin said.

"Give me the baby and get back in bed, Erin," Meredith said.

"I don't need you to help me, Mer. It's not your job anymore. I'm not a baby," Erin said.

"I know you don't need me to help. I want to help. And it's always gonna be my job to look out for you and help you out. You're my sister," Meredith rolled her eyes teasingly, stepping closer to Erin. "So, give me my nephew and get some rest," Meredith said.

Erin sighed but handed Archie over. She didn't get back in bed, though, just watched them for a minute. Archie was still crying, but Meredith just started patting the bottom of his back rhythmically, positioning him so he could hear her heartbeat.

"Get into bed, Erin," Meredith said again. Erin nodded and got back in bed, lying down against the pillows.

"I'm sorry," Erin mumbled.

"He's a baby, this is what they do. Don't apologise," Meredith said. She kissed Archie's forehead, starting to hum Rainbow Connection by Kermit the Frog.

"You used to do that to put me to sleep," Erin smiled fondly.

"I know. And, look, it's working," Meredith whispered, motioning to Archie who's cries were dropping off.

"Thank you," Erin sighed.

Meredith continued humming until Archie was asleep and then looked up, seeing Erin was also asleep.

Meredith smiled to herself and lay Archie back in his mosses basket. She kissed his forehead and then Erin's, closing the door as she headed back to her room.

"Where'd you go?" Derek mumbled, throwing an arm over her waist.

"Archie wouldn't settle so I got him down and put Erin back to sleep, too," Meredith chuckled.

"You're gonna be an amazing mother," Derek kissed her cheek with a smile.

"I hope so," Meredith smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 32.8K 98
❝I'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.❞ She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...
697K 15.6K 45
IN WHICH two sisters try to get their lives back on track, while working as interns in the same hospital. With a rough childhood, an absent mother an...
673K 18.2K 89
Saving lives is all I wanted to do in life but something harder than a open heart surgery is protecting your own heart. I thought I was strong enough...
57K 1.3K 36
What if meredith grew up with an younger sister who was a very smart child, at the age of 13 she was finishing high school with her older sister mere...