Love Mystery

Door chelscarllyy

Harry takes muggle studies in sixth year. He finds out they're studying a muggle entertainment activity- one... Meer

Chapter 1 ~ Muggle Studies
Chapter 2 ~ Auditions and confusion
Chapter 3 ~ Mixed Feelings?
Chapter 4 ~ Kiss
Chapter 5 ~ The forbidden Scene
Chapter 6 ~ Before The Play
Author Note <3

Chapter 7 ~ The Play (Part 1)

6 2 0
Door chelscarllyy

Here is the long waited for chapter 7 of my Drarry fic. This chapter is entirely based on the play itself.

First before you begin reading, I would like to state that while I am good at Drama a school, I do not know much about it and the theatre terminology and theatrical terms so im sorry if this sounds bad XD.

Also, the play's storyline has changed slightly and im sorry if some things from the last few chapters do not add up. I had not actually finished planning the full plot of the play before I wrote previous chapters so some things may change, for example, the dance scene at the club; I thought that it seemed more like a fancy/ball dance, so I have changed the dance and have moved the original one.

xXx

Harry was unsure. He was nervous, excited, worried, sick, and humorous.

He was nervous because the play in front of half the school was going to start in merely ten minutes. He was nervous because that play consisted of him almost making out with Draco Malfoy in front of half the school, henceforth he was going to be coming out to half the school, including the teachers.

He was excited because he would finally get this whole ordeal over and done with so he could sort something out with Draco. He was excited to kiss Malfoy as well, but he was not going to go into details on that. He was worried because of the gay couple being the lead roles. Of course, Hogwarts was a supportive place but there is always going to be some homophobes, but he trying to ignore that. He was also worried because of a slight shift in the theme for the play. The professor had decided it needed some humour so they had added that in, but Harry was worried it just would not work. What if no one laughs? What if this just ruins the entire thing?

He hesitantly pushed those doubts away as he put trust into his muggle studies professor that this would work. He had seen many posters around the school advertising the show and he had felt sick eve then. But that could not compare to what he was feeling now.

He did not feel sick in a bad way, it was almost like butterflies making his stomach flip and turn sort of sickness. It made him feel worse when he thought about being up there on a stage in front of many people. Sure, he was Harry Potter and he had always had the popularity and publicity, but that was through newspapers, never on stage in front of a couple of hundred students and teachers.

The last part, he felt like laughing, imaging Snap and McGonagall's faces while watching him make out with his former enemy. Those two teachers were always the ones to deal with the results of their arguments and rivalry, so Harry could not help but laugh at the thought.

Harry was standing at the edge of the stage at the side; the curtains were drawn out front so the only people who could see the contents of the stage were several students on either side. Most of the students were out the back sorting out their costumes and such. The Muggle Studies Professor was standing beside Harry, clipboard in her arms and she was waving a bunch of students around telling them what to do.

The stage was set out the same way it had been when they practised the first scene, a few desks scattered around, various stationary items and papers to make it as realistic as possible. There was a bright white light casting light across the stage.

Harry fixed his costume stiffly, he felt like he was in school uniform. Long black pants, a white button up shirt, the only thing missing was his cloak and his tie, which was replaced by a dark blue one. He reached up to ruffle his hair out of habit but managed stopped himself, he knew the professor would kill him if he touched the gelled hair that they had somehow managed to half-tame.

The professor called out, "Alright, everyone for scene one onto the stage, we are beginning."

Harry's butterflies returned as he stepped onto the stage. Something shot up through his shoes, up his heels and up his legs along his spine, making him shiver. Stepping onto the stage this time felt different, even though he had walked across this exact stage so many times.

Harry walked over to his desk awkwardly. He was rather surprised that it had the exact same layout that it always did, I thought they would change it up occasionally. He did not really care but he was trying to distract himself from the fact that the curtains would be opening any moment now.

Then he heard the chatter from in front of the stage quieten, he held his breath as he heard the words from behind the stage, clearly from a microphone, "Witches and Wizards, Professors and Students, please quieten. The show is about to begin." He shifted on the spot, so he was mostly facing the front. He remembered dearly when the professor had yelled at him for facing away from the audience. It was clearly McGonagall's voice next that could be heard through the curtains.

"I would like to thank everyone for watching tonight and for coming. This production is for these students grades, Afterall, and they would appreciate if you gave some feedback after the show. These students have worked hard to play their parts, and they should be respected tonight as Hogwarts has never done anything like this before."

Harry was not even sure why he was so nervous, its not like this was a competition. It was just a stupid play...but it felt much more than that.

Harry noticed there was a white board screen lit up by a projector showing...himself? It was like a camera recording from behind him of his back profile. He frowned; we did not use this in practise?

Harry turned to the professor behind him by the side of the stage, "What's that?" He asked. "Just ignore it." The professor told him. "Just do your part as best as you can, alright?"

Harry nodded as he turned back, facing forward. He looked to the other side of the stage. He saw Amelia in a very office-like uniform dressed as her character. He looked beside her, Romilda was there, leaning against the side of the stage, clearly mad. Beside that was James, the boss, and then...Draco.

Harry's breath hitched in his throat, the blonde-haired boy was watching him, a small smile lit up his face when he met eyes with Harry. He was wearing long black pants and had a white button-up t-shirt tucked into it, showing off his perfect body along with a plain black tie. He gave Harry a quick thumbs up and Harry nodded. And then it happened.

Everyone was in place and a blinding white stage light illuminated the stage as the curtains were drawn aside. Harry panicked for a spilt second, his lines still foggy I his head. It had been a while since they had done this scene.

Hermione gasped in the audience as this happened, she and Pansy fangirled over the fact that their best friends were currently on stage in front of half the school, whereas Blaise and Ron watched contently, telling the girls to shut up. McGonagall smiled fondly at the sight of Harry, glad that he was participating in something so new and fun. It had been a while since she had seen a smile on the boy's face.

Harry threw his eyes down to his desk; he knew if he looked out to the audience it would make his heart stop and he would panic upon the sight of a few hundred sets of eyes on him. Just the thought made him shiver.

There was the quiet murmuring here and there and it was quite awkward to just stand there in front of four hundred people waiting for the play to start. And then it did.

Harry looked up and saw Amelia walking towards him, she herself looked rather anxious. "Good Morning, Detective Morse." She said loudly. It was the only thing that echoed throughout the great hall.

"Morning, Jess. Thanks." He took the folder from Amelia and thanked himself for not dropping it like he had done several times in practise. It was rather quiet as he added the file to his pile of papers and opened it, awkwardly crouching over the desk.

"Detective Morse." Harry looked up at the other voice and saw James and Draco walking towards him, Draco looking around. "Morning Sir." Harry said loudly. James pointed to Draco beside him who was now leaning against Harry's desk, looking at him with a smirk on his face. Harry had to bite his tongue to avoid smiling and blushing. "This is our new recruit, Alex Newton." James said. Harry looked at Draco who winked at him, "Greetings detective."

Harry turned a light shade of pink but remembered he had to say his line. "Hi, I'm Detective Lucas Morse." Harry held out his hand and Draco took it, shaking his hand. The blonde had to look away to stop himself from blushing at the contact. Gosh this is embarrassing.

Both boys had to stop themselves from casting a look out to the audience, both worried of people's reactions. Draco sensed that Harry was uncomfortable as he snatched his hand away rather quickly. Draco would have opened his mouth to ask Harry if he was alright, but James interrupted him, reminding him that he was in front of an audience.

"So, Alex here is going to be your partner for the case study." Harry looked at Draco who smirked at him. Harry bit down on his tongue harder. Do not smile darn it.

Then James left and Harry looked up at Draco but froze at the words that escaped his mouth, "So is it just you or do all the guys here look that hot?"

Harry turned red but rolled his eyes as according to the script. He refused to let his face flush at the compliment, he does not mean it. It is just a play. Stop putting ideas in your head.

"I'm not here to mess around." Harry snapped. "Solving cases isn't a matter of flirting and messing around," Harry picked up the file which held the case information. Draco shrugged, "All right, all right. I'll behave." Harry sighed.

"Do you even know what the case is?" Harry asked. "Nope." Draco said looking up at Harry from where he was half sitting on the desk. Harry turned away at how cute he was. Draco then smiled a little as he saw Harry blush. Gets him every time.

"A forty-seven-year-old man was murdered outside of a night club in Palem." Harry said, his face regaining seriousness.

"Palem? That's a small town..." Draco commented as he moved and stood next to Harry looking down at the file. "Wait did you say a nightclub?" Draco asked, "A drunk maybe?"

Harry shook his head, "I don't think a drunk person would murder. Plus, we can't put blame on anyone or anything until we have more evidence." Draco looked at the file pictures, "How was he murdered?"

"It says strangulation, see there's red marks around his neck, grip marks." Harry explained. "So how do we get more evidence?"

Harry shrugged, "The department has to do an autopsy, apparently there's more to the case. Speaking of that autopsy we're supposed to meet the pathologists to see the autopsy results."

"Well then detective, we better get going." Draco said. With that said and done the curtains had closed as there was a rush of people changing the set. Harry disappeared before Draco got a chance to say anything, and before he knew it, they were onto the next scene.

The next scene consisted of the two checking older files, Alex being a flirty twat, Lucas not being distracted at all and seriously dead panning anything Draco said. Then Alex and Lucas got signals that another person was a target at the exact same night club. Draco and Harry then got a break as Romilda and another boy who was to play the next bad guy at the nightclub scene. Then Lucas got an emergency call into a shooting at a bank.

Harry ran onto stage, fake gun in hand with Draco shortly behind him. Harry snuck around the props on the stage such as ATM machines and the counter in which was trying to resemble the inside of a bank. "Detective I don't think anyone's- "

There was several loud bangs and Harry pushed Draco behind a set of ATMs, he himself crouched to take cover, glaring at Draco, "I thought I told you to be quiet!"

"It's not my fault! They're the ones trying to rob the bank, not me!" Draco snapped. Harry gave him a look but had to turn his attention back to Jack creeping onto the stage as the scene continued.

"Can't believe I've gotten stuck with you," Harry snapped, glaring at Draco. Draco focused on the multiple men now joining Jack's side, yelling for them to come out. "Come on detective, have a positive attitude, at least you're not stuck with that Idiot of a woman, Gazelle." Draco scoffed.

"I'm second guessing picking you over her right now, trust me." Harry said, pulling his walkie-talkie out of his pocket and calling the police squad for help.

Draco's breath caught in his throat. Harry's tanned skin against the lighting shone and his green eyes stood out along with the shiny glare on his glasses, and his ruffled hair. Even his angry expression looked rather attractive. And those amazing green eyes turned to him, his mouth slightly parted and his shirt blowing against his chest in the artificial breeze created by many fans.

Draco scoffed and turned away, then his eyes widened, "Actually I think that's out suspect right there, behind Jack."

"What- no they would be here yet," Harry said, "It's not eve-"

Harry's eyes widened as he realised that it was in fact the man suspected of the murders of several cases they had been studying. "What- Alex that's him!" He exclaimed surprised. Draco smiled, "Told you im good at this detective- mind you that is why they hired me."

"Okay save the 'I told you so' for later, he's heading our way." Harry snapped, taking a shot at the student who was playing one of the hired men.

It was rather fun as they continued doing the said scene. Harry got to pretend to shoot people and was highly amazed by the technical team and how the lined up the sound effects with his movements so well. Both boys were surprised on how many laughs they got from Draco's flirting that he had added as well as Harry completely shutting him down. The play was turning out better than everyone thought. Hermione crossed her arms as the curtains closed once again, "They haven't kissed yet!"

Pansy shrugged, "The flirting is pretty cute. I can't wait to embarrass Harry after this, he went red so many times!" Hermione nodded in agreement, "We should video the kiss scene!" Pansy agreed.

Too soon Alex and Lucas where stumbling into the club, trying to find the owner of the club. Harry was glad that they were close to half-way done, he was tired of changing costumes so frequently, along with scrambling to find a script before he was thrown back onto stage. His tongue was rather sore after having to bite down so hard on it to stop him from blushing, laughing because of how cheesy Alex and Luca's love story was, and even just breaking out smiling in general every time Draco merely looked at him.

He was in so deep and he had not a single complaint about it at all.

Harry shot a glare at Draco, "What? What did I do?" Draco asked.

"Nothing yet, just stay quiet and let me do the talking, okay?" Harry said, slowly weaving his way through the crowd of people on the stage that was clearly imitating a full club full of drunks. "Don't worry, Lucas, I won't sneak off." Draco scoffed.

Harry ignored him and made his way to the centre of the stage, there were some drunk men who were stumbling around a pool table, "Do any of you know where the owner of this club is?" Harry asked one of the men, who was clearly a younger student attending Hogwarts with a face beard on that one of the professors had charmed onto him. Either way, he still looked much too young.

"Why? What's in it for us?" He asked. Harry frowned, "Excuse me,"

He pulled out his wallet and show them his police badge. "I just happen to be a detective working for the police squad, so if you don't mind, I would like to know where he is before I arrest you all for refusing to give valuable information regarding a serious investigation, which by the way, is a serious crime and counts as a form of treason." Harry said coolly.

Draco raised an eyebrow at him, in complete awe.

The man looked half-terrified now, "Over there, behind the bar." Harry looked in the direction that the man's hand was pointing in. There were few people behind the bar that was set up at the side of the stage. Harry did not hesitate in storming over, giving a stern, menacing look towards the bar owner as he did.

In seconds, the student looked up at him, and suddenly turned, scrambling away and off sight. "Hey!" Harry yelled, running in his direction.

The curtains lowered before he could make it off stage and Harry had to hurry to make it to the opposite side of the stage to where he was.

He started from the edge of the left side of the stage, everyone else had moved off the stage now, the curtains were already rising and the props for the bar had just been moved. Then the curtains were all the way up again, revealing the stage's backdrop which was now outside by the road.

Harry came running out onto the stage, the loud sounds of a car racing away were played and Draco appeared behind him. "He got away!" Harry sighed. Draco caught up to his side now, his gaze cast out towards the left side of the audience just like Harry, "Well at least we know he's hiding something, he wouldn't have run otherwise."

Harry frowned, "How did he know to run from me?" He asked, turning to Draco as if he had the answer. The blonde shrugged, "I don't know, you're the detective, not me."

Harry did not reply, turning away. "Come on, we need to go."

"Aww, I don't even get a little dance?" Draco asked, watching Harry turn on his heel, face red. "We aren't here to dance in the club! This is a murder investigation!"

Draco sighed, "Alright, alright."

Finally, they were over half-way done the play. It seemed to be dragging on a lot longer than Harry and everyone else thought. Draco seemed to be thoroughly enjoying himself, teasing Harry and then laughing at him off stage in the very little breaks they had.

So far in the play, Alex and Lucas had found the owner of the club dead, giving the impression that someone was orchestrating the deaths. Things got worse and there was a rapid increase in assassination attempts towards the Mayor of the city. Alex and Lucas agreed that someone is trying to take control of the city. A lot more deaths appear, and now Alex and Lucas are back at the office.

"Why are we back here?" Draco asked. Harry continued looking through various pieces of paper. "I'm checking something." Harry mumbled. Draco nodded, "Right. Look, I've noticed that you have a peculiar look on your face right now, is there a reason behind that, detective?"

"I think our cases...are linked." Harry replied. Draco raised an eyebrow, "Really?"

"Yes, all of our suspects were killed due to injuries on their neck. Coincidence? I think not." Harry said. Draco smiled at him, "Very good detective, but if we could talk about why you are so miserably single- "

Harry looked up at Draco with a frown on his face, "Excuse me?" Even Draco cringed at the terrible way to bring on the impression that he wanted to date Lucas. But he had to follow the script, even Harry's reaction was genuine because of how stupid it sounded.

"No that's not what I- I meant-"

"Detective Morse?" Draco was cut off and both turned to a girl now standing beside Draco. She had long, albino blonde hair just like Draco's, her eyes also almost the same shade of blue as Draco's. "Ah! Lily, morning." Draco knew very well that Harry could be bisexual, and the sight of himself but a female version, worried him. He could not help but feel a little jealous.

He pushed the thought out of his head, and paid attention to the play.

"Morning. James told me you called someone down from our filing department, that's me!" She beamed. Harry's expression seemed to soften at the girl, making Draco burn with jealousy. He is just acting; he is just acting. He does not like Clair.

"Thanks a lot Lily, I've got some files I need you to find for me, the recent murders..."

Draco looked between Harry and Lily, rather annoyed. "Excuse me?"

Harry looked up at Draco, "What?"

"Aren't you forgetting about me? I'm quite new and all, have no idea what you're talking about?" Draco snapped. Harry rolled his eyes, "Ignore this one, can you fetch those files for me?" Clair nodded, "Sure can!" And then she was gone. Draco peered at her and she walked away before turning to Harry, "Who's she?"

"A co-worker of mine, as many people here are?" Harry said, confused at why he needed to know. "Ah, yes but who is she to you?" He asked suspiciously. "A co-worker who works in the filing department?" Harry answered, his expression perplexed.

"Ugh, forget it." Draco snapped, waving his hand. Harry was still giving him a confused look when Clair returned, handing him the files, "Thanks Lily." And the girl was gone again. "Alright...Ah! There it is! They all look similar..."

"What does that mean?" Draco asked. Harry sighed, "It means we might have a serial killer on our hands."

xXx

Hey, I know this chapter is not as long as I wanted it to be, but I hadn't had the time to; school has just started back up and its hard lol.

I am hoping you can have this for now while I finish the chapter for the rest of the play. I am trying to put in ALL the scenes but im kinda lazy. Im trying though! Please send a review if you liked this, I love hearing from you guys :)

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

723K 22.4K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
422K 16.7K 105
Draco Malfoy was going to marry Harry Potter. It didn't matter that he was only eleven and had technically only met Harry Potter two months ago. He w...
159K 3.9K 21
"Yeah, um, I..." But the lingering effects of Felix wouldn't let me lie. "I do. I really like you." "Not platonically, then." "Not platonically." "We...
44.9K 1.2K 12
Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy didn't start off on the best terms but soon Harry decided he'd like to become friends with Draco, but there's a problem...