The Fae Witch || Twilight

By witchingwillowwp

Cynthia thought that her purpose in life was to save the Fae from dark magic. However, that was before she me... More

Introductions
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
12
13
14
15
16
Author's Note

11

1.3K 56 0
By witchingwillowwp

Music of the Day
The Emerald Realm by Brandon Fiechter
¥

Alice Cullen waltzed down the dirt trail after a quick hunt. She peeked into her visions, seeing that Jasper would be returning home from his classes soon. The Cullens had moved to Ithica, New York. Northwest Ithica to be precise. Right after the incident at Bella's birthday party, Edward had convinced the family to leave Forks. Alice sighed, suddenly saddened at the thought of Bella and her brother. She peeked into the future again, looking for Edward. There he sat, unmoving in a cave somewhere.

Edward didn't move to Ithica with his family, he went off on his own. For the second time in his undead life. He had reduced himself to the life of a nomadic vampire. He barely hunted, sometimes weeks at a time. He wore the same clothes from that awful night, uncaring that the clothing was worn, torn in many places.

Alice was nearing home, humming a sad tune. She was suddenly pulled into a vision, seeing something truly awful. There was this thing, it was grotesque. And it was clinging onto Bella's wrist. Alice was then thrown into another vision, this one made her scream out. She was unable to hold herself together. She saw Bella in the heart of an explosion, one that she has never witnessed before. There was no way Bella survived it.

Alice started running then, panting, even though she had no need to breathe. She burst into their home, startling Esme and Rosalie.

"Alice, honey, what's wrong?" The motherly vampire rushed after her panicked daughter.

Alice ignored her, slamming shut her bedroom door. She packed a bag, mainly for appearances. She could barely hold herself together now. She couldn't believe it, she just couldn't believe it! Why had this happened? Why was Bella in the heart of such a massive explosion? Alice flitted out of the bedroom, bag in hand.

"Alice? Where are you going?" Esme had become truly worried now, seeing Alice in such a panicked state.

"I have to go back," Alice muttered to no one in particular.

"Go back? To Forks?" Rosalie huffed.

Emmett caught wind of the commotion, quickly snatching Alice's bag as she walked passed him.

"Hey!" Alice gasped, frustrated that she hadn't seen him make that decision. "Give that back!"

"Wait a minute, shorty. Tell us what's up," Emmett grinned, ever the laid back man.

"Give it back!" Alice demanded again, growing more agitated by the second. She tried to reach her bag, only for Emmett to raise it high above him. He, unfortunately, thought that it was a game.

"Ali, c'mon! What did you see?" Emmett did not asses the tension in the air.

Poor Alice lost her temper. She snarled at Emmett, her face contorted into that of a predatory vampire. She said words that no one thought she would say.

"Fuck you, Emmett!"

Alice was so far gone that she didn't even hear Jasper walk into the room. He tensed as he felt fury rolling off his mate in waves. He stepped foward, eyeing Emmett before he focused on Alice. She could feel her tense muscles slowly relax, her eyes suddenly drooping. Jasper came up behind her, cradling his mate in his arms, whispering sweet nothings in her ear. Once Alice's fury had dissipated, all she felt was despair.

She sank to the floor, Jasper sinking down with her. Emmett was still visibly shaken, he had never seen Alice react that way; no one has. Esme had a hand over mouth, trying get a hold of her worrying.

"Alice," Jasper breathed. "What did you see?"

Alice's head was propped on Jasper's shoulder; she stared blankly at the wall.

"Bella," Alice's voice cracked. "She's dead."

Esme couldn't hold back the gasp that escaped her. "No."

Rosalie furrowed her brows, looking away.

Emmett had to sit down.

"I have to go," Alice continued. "I have to check on Charlie. God, he must be devastated."

"Are you sure about this?" Jasper asked of his wife.

Alice didn't answer, but Jasper could feel the determination in her. She would go even if he disapproved. He sighed, placing a kiss on her lips. "Please, be careful."

In Faeland

Bella awoke again in the cushy bed. She could immediately tell that something was different. Why were there so many voices? Why were they being so loud?

She's awake!

Hush, she can hear us now.

She is extraordinary to survive that.

She survived Master Mirror.

Pretty soon, the voices started overlapping. Bella groaned, rubbing her temples. "Ugh."

She sat up, wondering why she didn't feel groggy. She took in her surroundings, gazing at the beautiful scenery outside the window. She looked around again. She was alone.

"Cyn?"

She'll be back in a moment.

Bella whipped around. "Hello?"

Don't fret, sweet thing. You are now connected.

Connected? What does that mean?

Just then, Cynthia came trotting through the door way. "Oh, good! How are you feeling?"

"Uh," Bella swung her feet to the stone floor. "I'm okay, I guess."

Cynthia arched an eyebrow. "You guess?"

Bella started to fidget with her hair. "I keep hearing voices, but no one is around. They say I'm connected."

Cynthia smiled widely; brightly.

Because you are connected, Bella heard Cynthia's voice loud and clear in her head. Bella gasped.

"What you did in the Mirror dimension was something extraordinary," Cynthia gathered up Bella's hands in her own. "The magic answered your call. Now, you are connected with it, just like I am. And now we are all connected."

"Really?" Bella breathed. She held a shy smile upon her face. She started to giggle with glee, but was stopped short when she looked down.

Her arm. Her scars. She slowly pulled out of Cynthia's hands. God, she felt so ugly. Cynthia knew why she suddenly changed moods, and she couldn't stop the tears that flowed.

"I'm so sorry," Cynthia manged to whisper. Bella looked up shyly as Cynthia continued. "I shouldn't have brought you here. I should have known better."

Cynthia couldn't help but feel an overwhelming amount of guilt. She felt that it was her own fault that Bella had been scarred.

"I don't blame you, Cyn," Bella stated calmly.

"Why not?"

Bella thought for a moment, daring to glance back down at her arm. "Things happen for a reason. You taught me that. Yes, this is awful. I want to hide it, I don't want anyone to see... this," Bella grimaced.

"But... all I can think about is why this happened. I know it was a trial that this world required, but am I also being tested for something else? Was this a test to see if I'm ready for something bigger? Is there a reason I survived? No humans have ever survived, right? Why am I the only one?

There's a reason for this. We just don't know what it is yet."

"You are very wise," the queen startled the two. They were so wrapped up in their conversation that they didn't even notice her standing there.

Bella wasted no time running to the queen, throwing her arms around her. She knew that the queen somehow healed her. The words 'Thank you' threatened to come out, but she held it back.

The queen held Bella at arms length with a warm smile. "I took the liberty of fashioning something for you."

The queen then presented a simple moonstone ring, letting Bella grasp it gently.

"This ring is enchanted. No human eyes can see your scars when you wear it," the queen informed.

As Bella put on the ring, Cynthia saw the scars vanish before her eyes. However, Bella could see her own scars. Bella gulped. "Can you make it to where I can't see them, either?"

"No."

Both Bella and Cynthia flinched at the bluntness. The queen smiled; sympathy shone in her eyes.

"I do not say this out of malice or to punish you. I feel that you should be able to see them. This is a reminder that you survived something that no other human could."

Bella could only nod minutely.

Cynthia stepped closer to her sister, smiling. "Are you ready to go home?"

"Yeah, sure," Bella forced a smile.

The transportation back to Cynthia's cottage was quick, almost as if it never happened. Bella soon after was transported back to her own home to get some rest, for she had a teeming adventure.

Unbeknownst to her, Alice Cullen was there waiting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 6K 62
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ꜱᴛᴀɴᴅ ʙʏ ᴍᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ɪꜰ, ɢᴏᴅ ꜰᴏʀʙɪᴅ, ꜰᴀᴛᴇ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ɪɴ ---- "You saved me the day we met, and you kept saving me from every moment...
133K 3.1K 19
" drowning in my demons, but maybe my angel can save me. " in which bella swans older brother hopes to be saved from his demons. [ twilight ] [ book...
1.6M 52.5K 84
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐃| ❝︎Why are you so paranoid?❞︎ ❝︎Why aren't you?❞ 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞 �...
241K 5.8K 39
In which the twin of Isabella Swan has her dreams come true. Paul Lahote x Fem!OC