In a Past Time (Tom Riddle x...

By Struggl1ng_Auth0r

It's my sixth year here at Hogwarts, the date is December 16th, 2023 and I'm in Hufflepuff house, (I was almo... More

Before the Travel
The Storms Beginning
Into The Storm
What is He to Me?
Abraxas My Friend
Jealousy?
Double-Sided Sticky Tape
Fly-Paper
Caught in the Trap
Time Waits for No One
Important Notice: Dealing With COVID-19

Friends - Old and New

1.4K 47 31
By Struggl1ng_Auth0r

Days blend together for a while, nothing standing out, nothing changing. The most eventful thing that happens is when, because I opted to sit with Tom, Abraxas joins. The worst sparks fly, clear disdain in their eyes for the other that always manages to disappear for any split moments either looks at me.

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: Wake up, Breakfast in the Great Hall, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Herbology, lunch in the courtyard with the boys, Charms, then I'm out from fifth period to dinner. Reading or drawing seems to be an enjoyable pastime for me, although I have taken to an interruption in this schedule in recent times to have tea.

Friday I typically take time to study or to practice magic with Tom and/or Abraxas, although Tom's spells usually involve some form of dark magic disguised as DADA. Though not really a surprise, it is distressing considering how hard it can be to tear him away from it to do literally anything else.

Then there's Wednesday. Specifically Wednesday November sixth, I reunite with someone who meets me for the first time.

"Are there any books here that say something I actually need to know?"

A frustrated groan escapes from the isle in the library beside me. Bending down slightly to peer through the books I bend my neck to the side slightly, confused at the familiar, yet oddly strange voice.

Who?

Bending upwards from my position and standing up straight I quickly pace myself around the the other side where I see a young girl, most likely a first year, with her nose stuffed in a book.

"Are you looking for anything in particular? I might be able... to- uh-"

My voice slows to a halt, my mind shutting down for a moment.

"Well maybe. But only if you know how to find any information on a Sleeping Draught potion."

"Oh- I, well, yes, I do." I pause, attempting to regain my composure from the extreme shellshock I was experiencing. "What do you need to know?"

Perking up slightly the girl gets excited, clearly relieved at the words I've spoken.

"Really? Well excellent! Professor Slughorn gave us an assignment to go out and make our own potions and bring them to class. We all got to pick one so that each one was different and I landed on the Sleeping Draught. Unfortunately, I expected it to be a lot easier but unexpectedly I can't seem to get the potion to turn the colour it needs to be."

"What ingredients are you using?" I ask, curious and practically stifling a chuckle and the thought of such a strange occurrence. "It's either that or how you're trying to brew it."

"Well I know that much. I using four sprigs of lavender, six measures of standard ingredient mixed herbs, two blobs of flobberworm mucus, and three valerian sprigs."

"Well there's your issue right there! It's four valerian sprigs, not three."

"Four? Really? I could have sworn it was three..."

Giggling softly I smile at the girl.

"I'm positive," I start, "It's four."

"If you say so." Rummaging through her bags she pulls out six or seven books before rearranging them so the book she is holding also fits inside. "Stupid extension charm. I tried to cast it on my bag but it didn't make it as large as I wanted it too."

"Trust me, you will."

"You think?"

"Without a doubt. I can tell you're going to become one of the brightest witches in the world."

"I doubt that much!"

"You shouldn't, because it's true!"

Smirking playfully at the girl her doubtful, questioning stare turns into a cheerful smile.

"(Y/N), (L/N), and you are?"

I ask, holding my hand out to her.

"Minerva, Minerva McGonagall."

Drops of Christmas fluttering down from the sky, the white flakes quickly covering the castle and everything around it. All students wear their winter hats, scarves, gloves, and cloaks. Some students play around with snowballs and snowmen, others, like me, keep cozy inside the warm walls of Hogwarts. Somehow I'm managing to keep an even tone on both boys, but having Minerva around is always a relief (although I must admit it is still very much strange to be calling her by her first name instead of 'Headmistress').

"Honestly, (Y/N), if I were you I'd give those boys a piece of my mind."

Minerva argues with a huff. Having her around is so nice. I finally have somebody to take to that I know, that I've known. I studied under her, and now I study with her - different classes and years, yes, but still with her. Happy thoughts swarming my mind I chuckle.

"I wish it were that easy."

Laughing together we find our way through the halls before saying our goodbyes once hitting the Great Hall.

"There you are!" I hear Abraxas call out, quickly pulling me in and mumbling the second part. "You left me sitting here waiting with this Runespoor."

"Be nice." Stating my words sharply I shake my head, smile on my face. "Not sure why I try though considering how you both just do it to each other anyway."

"Do you really believe I would waste my time groveling with this Puffskein, (Y/N)?"

Shaking my head again I let out a heavy sigh. Though all of this seems childish on the surface, I'm nearly positive that, at least on Tom's side, it wasn't childish at all.

"Alright, alright, lets be civil here, guys." With a moment of silence following and both boys have a sour expression on their faces, Abraxas of course more expressive than Tom's simple distaste in his eyes. I ponder for a moment before catching a glimpse of the Christmas tree behind us. "Hey, what are you guys planning on doing for Christmas holidays?"

"Christmas? What else?" Abraxas says, grinning brightly, "I'm heading home to see my family!"

"Aah." I state, unexpectedly sharply, a certain bitterness in my voice. Be glad you have one to go home to. "That's great!" Attempting to save the slightly awkward tension that had grown for a moment. "You have to wish them my best!"

"Will do, (Y/N)."

Abraxas continues to smile brightly until Tom pipes into the conversation.

"I'll be here, like always."

"I guess we're on the same path then. Minerva said that she was going back home too," I mention with a sigh, remembering just how lonely this Christmas is going to be without Albus and his family. I wonder if they miss me? Wonder where I've gone? "Nothing to go back to." I say with an awkward chuckle as I scratch the back of my head, looking down towards the ground for a moment. "More time to study though, I guess."

"Tch, tch, tch," Abraxas clicks his tongue, "all work and no play."

"What else should I do? I'll still have the nice dinner they always have here, right?"

"That's just Christmas eve though!"

"Yeah and the next morning I'll wake up to nothing and no one." Laughing at myself in a moment of coping I quickly die down. The two boys look at me, eyes accompanied by a pitying expression. "Well either way, I guess I could always see if I can head down to Hogsmeade! That would be fun."

I nod my head, although my second verse doesn't seem to shake the boys faltering looks. Oops.

Glancing towards the tables around us I quickly pipe up.

"We should probably sit down already, dinner won't last forever!"

Attempting to simply escape the whole conversation I rush over to our usual area and sit down, the boys following suit. I hate this silence, oh my god. All grabbing some food we eat in silence, none of us speaking up so much as even once.

The night passes on, the three of us heading off to the Slytherin common room and heading our separate ways into our sleeping quarters with a flow of other students along with us. With a loud huff I flop down onto my bed, not bothering to get changed or ready for bed in any other sort of ways I simply wiggle my way under the covers and find myself falling asleep with racing thoughts in my mind.

"Stay safe!"

Waving my hand rapidly I say my goodbyes to Abraxas as he heads off back home to his family, looking on in envy.

"You too!"

He calls back, voice fading swiftly as the train races away, a bit of dust kicking up from underneath it. The loud chugging sends him off as I sit and stare a moment longer, lingering there. After a few more minutes pass I find myself coming back out of the trance I had slipped myself into. Everyone who was there to say goodbye is leaving, Professor Merrythought, who was supervising it, taps on my shoulder.

"Are you alright, Miss (L/N)?"

"Hmm?" I mutter, still analyzing the question before it registers. "Oh! Yes, I am. Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of goodbyes"."

Chuckling lightly I smile awkwardly at Professor Merrythought who simply smiles back.

"We should be heading back inside before we freeze ourselves into icicles."

Nodding lightly the two of us take the long walk back to the castle, making small talk along the way.

-------
Sorry guys! I was supposed to write a bit more on this and publish it yesterday but it TOTALLY slipped my mind until literally just now! I apologize that it's short, I promise the next more will be longer! The story line for this book is beat designed for a series more than one book, so during this chapter and the next that is why there are more time skips. Ideally, it would be:
Book 1: Year 7
Book 2: The years after (including the time Tom was gathering the Horcruxes and studying dark magic more, etc)
Book 3: The following years (where the first Wizarding war between Tom and the Order of the Pheonix would have happened in this time, along with the death if Lily and James)
Book 4: etc.
Unfortunately, as I am now, even with bigger plans, I'm only able to do one book. Because of this, I'm stuck with the awkward situation where for this chapter and at least part of the next (since I forgot to write yesterday with how chaotic it was) where I need to fast forward time. Not by a lot, just a few months, so I can't fill it in entirely. The book is already looking at a minimum of 27-30 chapters, not to mention any extention it might have. I have a lot of story here, but not a lot of time.
I hope this is alright cause it's what has to happen. We'll return to our regularly scheduled full, 4000-5000 full day/two day consisting chapters by either next week or the week after!

Love you guys lots! Sorry for the forgetfulness!

(๑′ᴗ‵๑)I Lᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 10 18
You have been kidnapped by Lord Voldemort and lost everything. You have been taken away from your loving boyfriend Draco Malfoy, your friends and you...
357 23 5
"I will find out what you are," Tom spoke emphatically. As he threatened, his voice was sharp and demanding, his eyes locked on Thea. He stepped clos...
22K 697 42
COMPLETED August 3rd Being conceived under a love potion made it impossible for Tom Riddle to ever love. But when Elayne transfers to Hogwarts in her...
920 14 6
CRINGE ALERT⚠️ This was my first story so it's horrible. I don't recommend reading it, unless you wanna laugh or cringe. Y/n L/n came from year 1943...