Dice [h.s.]

By tpwk_pleaseeee

"She was an angel craving chaos. He was a demon seeking peace." -Helen - Their love wasn't supposed to happe... More

warning/intro
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
Prologue I

4

3.5K 85 33
By tpwk_pleaseeee

"To understand another person, you must swim in the same waters that drowned them." -Unknown

    Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. What the fuck was I gonna do? Why did I have to be good at blackjack? Fuck me. It's okay, you're gonna be a badass today no matter what happens. You're gonna show them who's boss. Natalie was not helping my case at all, pacing back and forth in my living room all night after I told her about how brave I was going back to the casino and demanding he helps find my father's killer.

    She didn't think I was very brave. She thought I was stupid and ignorant and a dumb mother fucker. I mean, I couldn't disagree with her because in retrospect I just made a deal with the real life devil. Well, my devil. The way he looked at me yesterday, all sinisterly and confidently. You could practically see the flames of hell burning in his pupils. The green was only a disguise for the smoldering red behind them.

    Natalie had spent the night in my apartment, yelling and drinking then yelling some more. She finished my favorite bottle of whiskey! When it was finally time for me to report to the devil's palace, the bitch fell asleep! She left me alone, working on zero sleep and the nerves of a little girl performing on her first ever stage in front of a huge audience. In my case, the audience was 5 sexy men and a bitchy woman. I am royally fucked.

    My apartment was a very rustic yet modern apartment. You first walk into a tiny hallway that leads up at the all brick kitchen. It had stainless steel appliances and a little bar looking out to the living room. Beside the kitchen was a few folding chairs around a table with a fruit bowl in the center. There were three stools on the outside of the bar, which were also sat in the living room.

    The living room was a small room with huge windows that were ground to ceiling. It was a large brown sofa and a tv hung on the wall. There was a furry white rug under your feet and two matching lounge chairs. My desk was also under the table where my laptop and filing cabinet sat.

    Across from the kitchen was my bedroom and bathroom. I had a white door covered in random sticky notes leading to my bedroom. My bedroom was a grey room with a king bed in the middle with dull white sheets. I had the messy closet on the go thing in the corner and a small dresser. Two white bedside tables and a small tv on the wall.

    There was a door connected to my room, which led to the small yet usable bathroom. It was an all white marble bathroom. Big see through shower with grey tiling. There was a his and her sink with one big vanity and small cabinets under the sink. Then a toilet between the shower and sinks that sat awkwardly between everything. I liked my apartment, I moved in here back in college.

I sat on my bed, staring at my boring dresser. I don't know what the fuck to wear. They all look so fucking amazing in everything they wear and I'm just, blah. I just put on a pair of high waisted ripped jeans and a Metallica baggy t-shirt. I slid my feet into my dirty white vans and called it a day. What was I supposed to wear, Gucci that I don't have? Sure, I'll just go steal it real quickly no problem. Sure they'll love to hear about me robbing a store.

    I stuffed my pack of cigarettes and lighter in my back pocket, and stuffed my phone in the other one. I grabbed my car keys and pressed a gentle kiss to Natalie's head. She looked so peaceful, yet stressed with frown lines cemented on her forehead out of worry. I honestly felt bad causing so much stress on her. This was my mess, I shouldn't have dragged her into it to help me. I had an army knife in my car for safety so I'll bring that just in case. Ya know, maybe I'll have to stab someone for trying to have sex with me again. 

    I walked down the first set of stairs beside my apartment and stopped on the first floor. The apartment building was old and rusty, but the rent was cheap so I didn't mind. This place would definitely fail a health inspection. I smiled at the clerk who I passed everyday. She was an old lady with a smile who could make anyone happy. I pushed through the set of revolving doors at the front of the lobby and to my car parked on the street. Those doors are the most expensive things in this place.

    I climbed into pretty Silvia and started her up. She was a little tired since it was pretty early, but eventually began to kick start. I searched my dashboard and grabbed my bedazzled army knife. My dad gave this to me when I first went to college, I needed to use it against the bad boys as he put it. I carry it around with me all the time now. I know how to use it so I'm prepared, just in case I ever have to use it. God forbid. 

    My mom and dad actually taught me a lot of protection now that I think about it. My dad taught me how to shoot multiple guns as a young girl, and my mom taught me how to defend myself physically. My dad taught me a few things with this army knife alongside his friend Leonardo. He was a nice man. Slick suits like the boys but way less intimidating. Kind of like a cuddly giant. He may look mean but he's actually really warm and fuzzy inside.

    I drove the short drive down the block, parking in the farthest spot in the big front lot of the casino and putting my car in park. My hands started to shake around the steering wheel as soon as my car calmed itself down. Why was I so nervous? It was just an information meeting, hopefully. It's not like I'm gonna go on any actual errands today, right? I took a deep breath and stepped out of Silvia, hopping onto the hard pavement being smothered by the sun's hot rays. It was so sunny here in august. Middle of the summer.

    With every hesitant step towards the casino, I took more and more breaths between each pause. I was trying my best to calm my nerves, but I knew there was no way to do that without involving drugs. Ya know, I should have brought the gun I keep in my safe back in my apartment. I would have felt way more protected. Not that these guys are gonna pull a gun on me, I just feel more safer with having the advantage. I reached the glass front doors, and stopped before I could open the door. There was quiet laughing coming from inside, and some soft snickers. I opened the doors slowly and stepped inside. There's no going back now.

    The laughing came to a halt and all eyes moved to me and my entrance. Standing in the front entrance of the casino was everyone but Harry. Zayn was wearing a baggy black tuxedo, Liam wearing a white tuxedo, Louis wearing dress pants and a sweatshirt, Ryleigh was in a tight black dress that stopped at her calves, and Niall had a tight red tuxedo on. They all looked so... rich. I feel like a hobo compared to them.

"Well look who decided to come?" Ryleigh snickered, looking me up and down and scoffing.

Okay this bitch is getting on my last nerve.

"Ryleigh, leave her alone. It's her first day." Zayn shot Ryleigh a dangerous warning glance.

"Did you guys see what she did to him? I wouldn't have come into work with that big of a target on my back." Ryleigh gave me a I'm kind of proud look.

I don't appreciate your look bitch.  

"Whatever." Zayn rolled his eyes and grinned at me. He could tell how uncomfortable I was.

    Zayn gestured for me to stand beside him, to which I happily obliged. I scampered over to him, standing beside him like a child hiding from their parents. I was too terrified and intimidated to move or stand beside anyone else.

"Welcome to the devil's playhouse." Zayn whispered into my ear, gesturing towards the group who had resumed their previous laughter.

"Thanks." I bit down on my lip and looked to my feet. My knee was gradually tapping faster and faster the longer time went on.

Fuck off nerves, not the time.

"I'll probably be briefing you today, so don't be nervous." Zayn flashed a reassuring grin and turned towards the group.

Somehow that made me feel even more nervous. He seems the nicest out of all of them but also the most two faced. I just wanna retreat into my invisible turtle shell.

My eyes wandered up to the front doors, where in came the boss man. Well, who at least I think is the boss man. Harry came walking in, buttoning his all black suit and fixing his jacket collar. He had his lips in a straight line, and he looked pissed. He always looks pissed. Like there's a permanent pussy cat face on his beautiful face. He should smile more, I think it would look nice.

Harry's emerald orbs grazed over everyone's faces until his eyes locked on mine. I felt all organs stop working as his eyes narrowed and flatten back out, looking to my face with zero emotion. He walked towards me and stopped abruptly in front of me. Our shoes were nearly touching at how close he was.

His closeness made me raise my head to look up into his eyes. He was taller than me, already asserting dominance. I kept my fear at the back of my throat, keeping a straight face while staring at him.

"Leave us." Harry shooed his friends away. Ryleigh snickered before getting shushed by the boys.

    Their voices got farther and farther away until they were gone. Our gazes still upon each other, fixated on each other's eyes. I honestly would have stayed in this position all day if it meant staring into these emerald crystals. They were so beautiful, yet filled with the devils glare. So intriguing.

"Brave of you showing up." Harry's voice was deep and raspy, almost like he had just woken up and this was his morning voice.

"You told me I started today." I kept a poker face, not showing an inch of fear anywhere that his eyes could see.

"Good. Let's keep it that way, ya know, following the rules." Harry lowered his face closer to mine, twitching his eye.

"Thanks capt-. Sounds good." I cleared my throat, stopping myself from being my usually snarky self.

"Speaking of rules..." Harry trailed off, lowering his face down lower until our lips nearly touched, and then casually started to walk behind me.

That son of a bitch.

    Harry cleared his throat, making me turn around and follow him across the casino.

"No talking back to me." Harry stopped me in my tracks, spinning around and keeping his dead lock expression.

I nodded.

"No asking questions. Unless they're about you." Harry continued his walk back towards the back of the casino.

I gulped back my sarcasm and questions.

"Lastly, no disobeying. You do what I and the boys say. Otherwise there will be consequences." Harry lowered his voice as he spoke the last word, making it ring in my ears. I don't even want to imagine what the consequences would be.

"Understood." I mumbled back, unable to keep up the brave structure of my voice. It's nearly impossible around him.

    Harry wandered to the back of the casino and sat down at the bar. He hopped on to the bar top and looked down on me, narrowing his eyes.

"My father, along with everybody's here today, owns this club. We are the moderators of the club." Harry ran the tip of his fingers along the glass of the bar top under his ass.

"Wh-"

"Uh-uh. What did we say about questions?" Harry shook his head and slid a smirk on his face.

"It was about me. I can ask questions regarding myself right?" I folded my arms, letting my sassiness go. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

Harry rolled his eyes and nodded.

"How do I fit into this? You know nothing about me so how can you assume I'm loyal?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Kennedy Lilith Monroe. Born on February 14th, 1999. 21 years old, born in Brooklyn, New York. Mother is Katherine Nadia Monroe who was married to Jack Arthur Monroe. You went to an all girls middle school and finally went to a public high school after showing your mom you're not a little girl anymore by losing your virginity when you were 13. She found out when you didn't wear your purity ring anymore. You went to college at Nevada State College to become a writer. You have a side job as an editor. Shall I keep going?" Harry listed off all these facts about me that only someone who was in my family would know.

"How do you know all that about me?" I stepped towards him, forming my hands into fists.

"A magician never reveals his sources darling." Harry smirked, and trailed his eyes down to my whiting knuckles.

    He got me so mad. No one knew about that shit. How long has he known this stuff about me? How is it he knows that stuff? Harry shook his head and looked back into my raging blue eyes.

"Calm down, love. You're going on an errand with me today." Harry hopped off of the counter and started to walk towards the front.

"How the fuck do you know all that?" I demand again. Harry stopped and turned around slowly. He lowered his expression.

"Don't ask questions you don't want answers to, Kennedy." Harry winked and continued his walk.

    I followed him like a puppy. I couldn't just sit there and pout like a baby, so I decided to just go. Maybe I can pry it out of him somehow. Harry led us out the front doors and to a shiny black Lamborghini sitting in the front of the parking lot. It had only two doors and a license plate that said Styles on it. Not gonna lie, really sexy.

    Harry got into the driver's seat, which I guess meant I got into the passengers. Harry went straight to checking his blind spots, not even bothering to put his seat belt on. I stumbled with my seat belt, plugging it in and tightening it around myself. Without warning, Harry dragged us back and out of the parking lot, nearly giving me whiplash.

    He sped down the road, swerving through pedestrians and other sports cars. The interior of this lovely car was black leather with red stitching and it had tinted windows so we could see out but people couldn't see in. I looked over to Harry who looked genuinely happy, watching him as he drove dangerously down the long roads.

I was too busy watching his happy smirk to notice he was slowing down. Before I could peel my eyes away from him, he put the car in park and looked towards me. I wiped the smile off of my face and matched his unphased face.

"You're driving us back." Harry spoke quickly before he was running out the car, throwing me the keys and leaving me with the million dollar vehicle.

    I shook my head, trying to comprehend his words and quick movements. I guess I was a nice little getaway driver today. Wow, he must really trust me, I climbed over the center console and sat down in the driver's seat. It was such a nice car, snazzy and rich. I had only driven one of these in my life. It was my mom's coworkers who leant it to me for my prom night. This shit is so fun to drift in. I felt like I was in Mario kart, racing down side streets in that thing.

    I ran the tips of my fingers over the smooth leather in the car, biting my lip out of excitement. The fact that he was just trusting me with this car is astronomical to me, but I'm not complaining. I gripped the steering wheel with my hands, watching as my knuckles whitened at my firm grip.

    I didn't realize it, but there was a new car behind me. A matching red Lamborghini, nearly bumper to bumper. I looked behind me, looking at the car and turning my head. There was loud knocking at the window, making me flinch and turn my head towards the sound.

    Harry was knocking frantically, practically begging me to open the door. I unlocked it hesitantly, watching him climb into the car as fast as he could and locking it behind him. His chest was heaving up and down roughly.

"What's wr-"

I was cut off by the sound of a bullet hitting Harry's window and the muffled sounds of Italian men screaming.

"DRIVE!" Harry yelled.

    I gripped the makeshift, throwing us into drive and thrusting us forward. The speed on this thing picked up in second because we were already at 90 in less than a few seconds. Two cars started to follow us, screaming and nearly hitting our bumpers as we drove bumper to bumper.

Okay Kennedy, it's just a speed chase. You've seen people do this in movies, you can do this.

    I turned us sharply down an alleyway, barely fitting through, squeezing us through to the other end. The other cars followed us, still close on our trail. I pulled back sharply, throwing our heads on the back of our seats. The men following us cornered us from the front.

I know how these Lamborghinis work. They have a way of drifting and making donuts. I began to turn us, spinning us around slowly until it started to pick up. Smoke started to form all around us, until it reached over our car.

I stopped the circles and stepped on the gas pedal as hard as I could, leaving the smoke behind us. Harry had his eyes fixated on me the whole time with amazement while I bit my lip in concentration. I never said I wasn't a bad driver, I'm actually really fucking good.

Harry turned back to see if we had lost the cars in the cloud of smoke I had created and were speeding back to the casino as fast as we could. I kept my eyes on the road, glancing over every now and then to watch Harry's mouth gape open at how I just did that.

"Where did you learn to do that?" Harry asked, confused. He looked dumbfounded. I smirked.

"I am an amazing driver." I answer back, looking over to him briefly before looking back to the road.

I turned us sharply down a side street, pulling up to the casino and parking in his original parking spot.

    I put us in park, catching my breath as the adrenaline rush I just got slowly came to a close. First day on the job and I had to use my impressive driving skills, nice. Harry was still looking at me with lust in his eyes over how amazing I just was.

"That's how I know you're loyal and that you'll do just fine running errands for me." Harry chuckled.

I bit my tongue, trying to stop a huge smile from forming on my face. That's the closest thing I'm probably gonna get to a compliment from him.

    Harry and I eventually got out of the car. I tossed him the car keys and followed him back into the casino. He gestured for me to follow him to the devils lair. Harry was all sweaty and was holding a small white bag in his leg arm. What was that errand for?

    I followed Harry into the lair, pushing my black loose ends from out of my face. When we reached the bottom, everyone was holding cards. Natalie had showed up, and was playing with them. Harry cleared his throat, making everyone turn their heads and focus all their attention to us. Harry threw the white bag in the middle of the table and smirked.

"We got it." Harry snickered.

"All of it? Without a scratch?" Louis asked excitedly. He looked like a kid on christmas looking at this bag.

"Not to my car but to me, yes." Harry smirked, flashing two prominent dimples on either side of his face.

I never noticed those before.

"Nice." Louis smiled.

"Natalie, bring Kennedy outside." Harry ordered, looking directly to Natalie and back to me.

"On it." Natalie smiled.

    Natalie took my hand and led me up the stairs. She closed the door behind us, and didn't flinch as loud cheering erupted in the devils lair. It was nice to hear happiness from there and not utter silence. Natalie dragged me outside and sat down on the pavement outside the casino. It was hot from the sun, burning against the rip in my jeans beside my ass.

"How was it?" Natalie took my hand in hers, giving me a sympathetic look. I felt a smile spread across my face.

"It was fucking amazing. First day on the job and I got to drive a lamborghini away from two cars that were chasing us." I knew my eyes were on fire with excitement. It was so fucking epic.

"Woah, right into some action." Natalie chuckled, keeping a warm smile on her face. It's almost like she knew this was going to happen.

"I just wanna know why I had to do that. But Harry said no asking questions." I frowned.

"You'll find out sooner or later." Natalie moved her arm around my shoulders, pushing me towards her.

    I relaxed my head on her shoulder and nodded. I think Natalie knew the things I didn't. She's been with them for years now, I wouldn't doubt it. I want to learn. I need to learn. What they do, why their dad's own this casino. Why the fuck I had to help Harry escape from a group of angry Italian men.

    I guess these answers are gonna come with time. But I didn't want to wait. I wanted answers now. I wanna know why Harry doesn't express much emotion, why Ryleigh is a mega bitch, and why me and Natalie had to leave the room when they were ready to open the bag. I know he said not to ask questions, but how can you not? This whole ordeal is so interesting and left open for interpretation.

"Nat. Is there a reason we left?" I looked up to her, watching her eyes trace over the hot cement of the parking lot.

"Don't ask questions you don't want answers to babe." Natalie hugged me tighter to her and went back to her stare on the cement.

    Oh god, I really did make a deal with the devil.

-
-

a/n: Hey babes! Hope your enjoying the book so far. I'm having a lot of fun writing it:) Anyways, enjoy and thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 1.9K 49
*TW: 18+/very mature* Preview~ "It was a mistake?" He questions me raising his brows high as he didn't expect that from me. Sweat forming on my hair...
498K 10K 65
𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. "Y-you want to kill me?" "No, I want to ruin you." Death Hood. A clo...
166K 3.6K 51
*Story contains mature content* They always told me that I will become the person they raised me to be but they never mentioned that one day a green...
137K 2.6K 60
"Are you gonna call me Mr. Lizard from now?" "Of course." [Book One of The Adelaide Duncan Series] HIGHEST RANKINGS~ #79 in mazerunnerfanfiction #1...