Living With Animals

By SavWrites22

BOOK TWO IS UP HIGHEST RANKINGS- #1 out of 6k in living- #1 out of 958 in Leukemia-#2 out of 1.14k in cancer... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chaoter 49
Chapter 50 y'all!!!!!!!!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60! THE LAST CHAPTER BEFORE BOOK 2
Epilogue/Preview
YALL

Chapter 23

162 0 1
By SavWrites22

Claire's P.O.V

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Alright, Claire. I'll leave you to change, then we do the Lumbar Puncture."

"Okay, thank you." I smile at her and she lives as I get dressed.

Claire's P.O.V.

After the appointment

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey, Claire. Hey, Claire's mom," Connor says as we walk into the kitchen. "How'd the appointment go?"

"Fine. Have you seen Lilia? I need to talk to her about Halloween costumes."

"Sorry about it but I haven't. I can call her though," he says.

"Yeah can you tell her to come over around 4:00? I need to talk with mom for a few minutes."

"Sure."

"See you later Connor."

"Bye Claire."

Mom and I turn around and head to my room but I'm stopped when I see Jacob standing there, clutching his shoulder. He stops when he sees me piecing two and two together and he looks like a deer in headlights.

"You never got that checked out in Boston, did you?"

"No," he murmurs. I sigh and shake my head at him.

"Oh my god. I'll be back in 10 minutes, then we are goign to get that checked out you idiot."

"No," he whines.

"Yes."

I continue up the stairs, mom following behind and enter my bedroom.

"Why did you say you 'had' to move there."

"Because that's where your dad wanted to move."

"Why does that have anything to do with it? You two are married. You're supposed to make decisions together."

"Because it just does."

"No mom. There's always a reason. What is the reason?"

"This the reason, okay," she yells, lifting up her shirt to show her stomach. There's a huge purple-blue bruise, very similar to mine, and a few lashes on back.

"Your fucking kidding."

"Language."

"Now is not the time to watch my language. How long has he done this?"

"Since you were 10." I don't respond, but I let the hatred show as I storm downstairs.

I run downstairs and bump into Jacob.

"Kill him. Murder him. Burn him. Kill his fucking soul, for all I care. Just get rid of him."

"Woah, woah, woah. Who did what this time. And you have arms. Your probably stronger than me," he jokes.

"Now is not the time for jokes," I respond, voice ima serious tone. "He's abused my mom for 6 fucking years, and she doesn't say anything. I don't care if he hurts me, but my mom is a different story. I don't care how cliche that sounds." His face turns emotionless as his lips purse in a straight line.

"Okay breathe. Deep breaths. We will fix this. We will calm social services or something. We can call the cops. Just calm down."

"6 year, Jacob," I cry. "That's 3 more years than me. She doesn't deserve that. And know we have to move into a house with him."

"Shh, Claira," he comforts, running his hand on my back. "It'll be alright. We will figure this out." He hugs me tightly, wrapping his arms protectively around me, as he always does. He lets me cry, not caring that i'm soaking the shoulder of his t-shirt.

"No we won't Jaocb. He'll find a way to get out of this if we take him to court. And if he does make it out of court, he's just going to hurt us worse for ratting him out. And if we don't it will stay the same. Jacob why does it have to be like this. WHy does my life have to be such a mess? It's not fair."

"I know, Claire, I know. It will get better. I promise."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Later that night

Claire's P.O.V.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I ended up having to call Lilia and have her come over tomorrow after school. She's staying at a distant relatives hosue as I've right now, about 27 miles from here.

My phone rings on the counter right next tot eh dinner table, where all of us are eating. Including my dad. He gives me a look, and I just glare back. I run up tot he counter and recognize the number as the doctor's office. I hold up a hand, signaling everyone to shh, and then put the phone on speaker.

"Is this Claira Johnson?" The doctor asks on the other line.

"This is she."

"We have your results for the Lumbar Puncture."

"Okay," I respond, enthusiasm in my voice. I know these results will be good. The doctors were certain they will be.

"The leukemia spread. To your central nervous system." Or not.

"It did?" I shakily ask. I try to keep my composure, not letting anyone know I'm flipping out.

"Yes. I understand you need time to process this, but first, do you have any questions?"

"No."

"Okay, we can schedule your appointment for tomorrow at 2 if you would like."

"That's fine. Thank you."

"Anytime." the line goes dead and no one says anything. I walk over to my seat and sit down shaking.

"Are you okay?" Jacob asks.

"Yeah," I respond, nonchalantly. I bite my lip and he gives me a suspicious look.

I play with my food for a minute, and then decide I lost my appetite.

"I'm done. If anyone needs me I'll be in my room." I set the plate in the sink and walk up the stairs to my room.

I sit down on my bed, connect my headphone to my phone, and turn on music. My luck is that the song "Princesses Don't Cry," comes on, when I'm trying not to cry. ANd I have no skips left.

No, I'm fine, I'm lying on the floor again
Cracked door
I always want to let you in
Even after all of the shit, I'm resilient

I take a deep breath, still trying not to cry, but it all comes unfolding.

I angrily through the pillow lying on my bed a the closet, and fall into a ball on the floor. I want to yell. Scream. I have a freak out. But I can't do that here. So I get up, grab my small backpack, and my keys. then run out of my room. I walk down the stairs and see everyone watching as I walk out of the house, slamming the door.

A few princess doesn't cry (no)
A princess doesn't cry (no-o)
Burning like a fire
You feel it all the time
But wipe your teary eyes

Cause princesses don't cry

Don't cry, don't cry oh
Don't cry
Don't cry oh
Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, oh

Cause princesses don't cry

Girls so pretty and poised
And soft to the touch
But God made me rough
Girls, so heavy the crown
They carry it tall
But it's weighing me down

I can see clearly, that Jacob wants to follow but he restrains himself. I hop into my truck and buckle the seat-belt, then start driving to the only place I know. A small secluded corner of the park.

The songs over by now, and before another song comes on a makes me cry my heart out, I agressively shut off the music.

When I arrive at the park, I run over to my bench and sit down. They are many people at the park, but if I'm quiet enough, no one will hear me.

I pull out the plain blue notebook, marked with Claira's music, from my backpack, and open it to the next empty page.

This people filled, city hooks, all the pity looks.
Try to hide her face in books, but they still notice her.

Feel like the main movie character, with all this bad stuff happening.
And it is really, quite maddening

Did I do something to deserve this, hurting pain
Why do I deserve to cry, and say i'm fine
This isn't fair at all but I guess that's how life goes
But why did this happen to me
No one knows

My best friend had gone and left
for heaven, against her will
My dad hurts me,
more than any guy ever will

My body is sick
and I can't get rid of it
It's a illness spreading now
One I that is supposed to
be controlled but how?

Did I do something to deserve, this hurting pain
Why do I deserve to cry and say that i'm perfectly fine
Thai isn't fair at all, but I guess that's how life goes,
but why did this happen to me?
No one knows.

Can someone please stop this madness?
It only causes me pain and sadness.

Did I do something to deserve this hurting pain?
Why do I deserve to cry, and tat i'm perfectly fine.
This is fair at all, but I guess that's how life goes,
but why did this happen to me?
No one knows.

I love music. I can pour my soul into it.  It's amazing.

I watch a tear fall into my notebook, and lol. up as i run my eyes, noticing a few people watching me, one videoing.

When I see them, I panic, so I just smile, then pack up and leave.

"Wait! What's your Instagram?" One of them yells. She's around my age. And she's the one with video camera. Not thinking, I quickly respond.

"ClaireElaine11."

"Thank you!" she yells, as I rush to my car. I throw the bag. I don't want to go home yet so I run into the coffee shop and take a seat, after ordering a coffee. Few people are here, yet I still manage to bump into a small girl.

"Oh! I'm so sorry," I say crouching down to her.

"It's okay." She gives an adorable smile, and then runs to a boy who looks like a mix between Mason and Drew, but more so Drew's age.

He looks up at me and when he meets my eyes, he quickly looks away. Jim's md the girl sit down at the booth, and for a second, I wonder if that's his daughter. It looks like a possibility, as she's around 2 or 3, and he looks around 18,19.

I stand up gl grab my coffee, then wave to them, walking out of the shop.

I hear the shop bells jingle as I walk to my car and the boy comes following me.

"I'm Braxton," He claims, sticking a sticky note on my back. "You look like your having a. tough time, and I've been there. So please, call me if you ever need to talk to someone."

"Oh, I'm Claire. And I will thanks." I take the sticky note of my back, study the number written on it for a moments time, and then shove it in my backpack.

"Bye."

"Bye."
~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
La di da, Do re mi, what did you think that, chaptee. That's not even a word I just like to rhyme!

Anyways, O hope everyone liked that chapter, and please please please please, do not steal that song that Claire wrote. It's an original song I wrote, just now. I relate to it i'm no way shape or form and probably will never publish it, but I still hate when people steal my dosas or songs.
Anyways I hope everyone has or had a great day! Feel free to comment!

QOTC: Do you wrote songs?

AOTC: Yes I write music all the time! When I ahve time, more so. I love writing music as it helps me expression my emotions like I never could in normal words

Have a nice night!

-Sav<3

(The song in bold is not my song btw. It is princesses don't cry by Aviva/ CARYS)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241 31 6
Please, let me make your world spin around. Let me tell you about Bella, her best friend and her brother Ben. Let me make you question everything. Th...
39.9K 1.6K 56
Molly has never felt safe. For four years she has lived in constant fear that the serial killer that murdered her family is coming for her. She has b...
13.9K 1.6K 103
WARNING: My story contains mature and sensitive content. Please read at your own risk. *** Previously "Saving The Girl Who Thought She Was Broken" **...
1.1K 155 28
First of all, if a feel like ANY characteristics of this book are base off of one of your ideas, feel free to take some credit or something, but it's...