My Plant Girl || Neville x OC

By jamesmarchswifey

(14+) This is a Neville Longbottom fanfic. In it, he makes a friend called Naomi. There are a lot of things h... More

1. The train
2. New Beginnings
3. Hagrid's Lesson Gone Wrong
4. The Truth About Her Past
5. A Trip To Hogsmeade
6. Intruder
7. Pleasurable
8. The Kiss In The Library
9. The Howler
10. The Nightmare
11. Summer
12. Home?
13. Tournament
14. Unforgivable Curses
15. An Eventful Halloween
17. Running Away
18. Remus' Place
19. After The Party
20. The Second Task
21. Why Him?
22. He's Back?
23. Remus' Friend
24. Dolores Umbitch
25. Dumbledore's Army
26. Banned From Quidditch
27. Draco's Hamster
28. Christmas With Miles
29. Why don't you?
30. Confessions And Impressions
31. The Great Escape
32. Nice one, James!
33. Back Together
Discontinued

16. A Trip To The Hospital Wing

89 2 1
By jamesmarchswifey

-Naomi's POV-

Cedric had asked me to meet him in the courtyard today. It's been 6 days since Harry's and his names were pulled out of the goblet and I haven't spoken to him since. That lunch, I went to the courtyard and Draco saw me.

"Yo, Little"

"Oh, Draco, hey"

"Where you off to?"

"Well, Cedric wanted me to see him so....."

"Diggory? Why?"

"Why not? Draco, I think you're forgetting that I'm not your little pet."

"Jeez, all I said was why"

Cedric then came over and eyed Draco.

"Is Malfoy here annoying you?"

I looked at Draco then at Cedric and shook my head.

"No, he isn't. Just two friends having a conversation."

"Oh, well come over here, Little"

He said whilst ruffling my hair like some big brother. 

"Okay then, I'll see you later Draco"

"Yeah, later Naomi"

I followed Cedric and he led me to his group of friends. 

"Hey, guys, this is Naomi. The girl from the great hall I was telling you about."

They all waved and some even shook my hand, then Jake came over.

"Wait, Jake, right?"

"The one and only"

He bowed after he said this and then put a toothpick in his mouth before standing back up.

"You were right, Ced. She is really short isn't she?"

"Hey! I am not short! You're just tall!"

Cedric and Jake laughed and I punch Ced's arm jokingly. He didn't flinch or even react. 

"Ced? Why did you need me again?"

"Oh, right."

He reached into his bag and got out a ring. It had a little yellow gem on it and wings that made it look like a golden snitch.

"Wow, Cedric! It's beautiful. I'm sure Cho will love it."

"No no. This is for you! I know it's your birthday tomorrow so I thought I'd get you a little something"

"How'd you know it was my- Neville?"

"Yeah, he told me that you didn't want to make a big fuss of it, that's why I gave it to you today"

"Well, thank you, Cedric. I love it."

I put it on and it was a perfect fit! It's really comfortable as well. Just then, I looked over to a tree in the courtyard and saw Neville sitting there reading. I said goodbye to Cedric and Jake and left.

"Hey my prince"

"Oh, well hello, my princess."

I acted offended jokingly and faked fainting, whilst sitting next to him.

"I am a queen!"

"Oh right, sorry! My queen."

We both laugh and I kiss him on the cheek before leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Did you tell Cedric it's my birthday tomorrow?"

"Maybe."

"Nev, I told you it's not a big fuss!"

"your 15th birthday?"

"no! I told you-"

"That you've never celebrated your birthday before?"

"well, yeah."

"No, we're celebrating it this year like it or not"

"But Nev"

I say whilst pulling on his sleeve.

"Naomi, don't do that. It'll be fun!"

"no it won't! last time I mentioned my birthday, I got a broken wrist and rope burns around my ankles!"

"But this is Hogwarts, love."

"I know that. What if she finds out though?"

"she. won't."

I lean back on the tree and sigh as Neville places his hand on my thigh and kisses my neck. I let out a soft moan and grip on the grass, pulling some of it out.

"Easy there, my queen~"

He kisses my neck again then my chin then my lips and he bites them as he does. I feel a tap on my shoulder and look up to see Draco.

"Uhm- I'm a bit busy right now Dray."

"Yeah, I just wanted to give you this."

He held out a wrapped gift and I took it from him. I looked at him blankly.

"What's this?"

He stumbles for words before he mumbles out.

"just open it."

I open it and it's a packet of skittles, my favourite muggle sweet. But wait- how does he know that these are my favourite? I have only written about this in my diary.

"Draco. How did you know that skittles were my favourite?"

I said with a concerned look on my face.

"I- uhm-"          

"Dray, the only time I've ever mentioned skittles was in my diary."

Neville then realized what is going on and stood up, putting his book down. I was already stood up however.

"Draco, did you go into my girlfriend's diary!?"

"No- I mean- Yes!"

"How did you find it!? She always keeps it under her pillow!"

I could see the anger filling him up so I held his hand. He shoved me off and went to grab his wand.

"Neville, stop!"

A few students were now gathered around us, this included Cedric, George and Fred. I decided it would be a good idea to join the crowd.

-Neville's POV-

I can't believe that Draco has snuck into Naomi's dorm and looked through her diary. Merlin knows how much private information is in that thing. I do know she writes about her mum in there a lot and if Draco has seen any of those entries then she is in trouble. 

"Malfoy, I'm going to ask you one more time! How did you find it!?"

"Okay, fine. I found it under her pillow. She wasn't in there though, I swear!"

"Why did you need it in the first place!?"

"Because I'm worried about her! Every holiday, she comes back with another cut or bruise!"

"That's none of your business, Daddy's boy!"

"At least I have a dad, Longbum!"

At that point I felt like I could cry. Nearly everyone in our year was watching, including Naomi. I raised my wand at Draco and he raised his at me. I cast a spell at him and he starts shooting them back at me. Just as he cast a small one at me, Naomi steps in between us and falls to the floor as the spell hit her directly in the stomach. Draco hits me with expelliarmus as I go over to him and punch him in the cheek. He hits me with a big spell which sends me flying back as I hit the tree me and Naomi were just recently sitting under. I fall to the floor with a thud as Draco approaches me. He grabs the front of my robes and pulls me towards him so only I can hear what he has to say.

"You better watch your back, you parentless squib....."

He got on top of me and started punching me repeatedly. As I felt the warm blood gushing from my nose I heard the screams of Naomi as she tried desperately to pull Draco off of me. The world around me got dimmer and dimmer until all I could hear was beating of my breaking heart.

-Naomi's POV-

I woke up on the cold grass floor, all I could hear were the gasps of students around me. I was helped up by a familiar face. Fred. He tried to take me back to the crowd but what I saw made my stomach turn. Draco on top of Neville beating him senseless. I shoved off Fred and ran over to Draco, grabbing his arms and pulling him away. Neville was barely awake. I could tell he was but I didn't know if he was down to earth. I screamed at him telling him to get off as George ran over and attempted to help me. I glanced over to Neville again to see him out cold. He had blood running down his cheeks from his what seems to be, broken nose. Draco eventually gave up and I rushed to my love's side. I gently lifted his head onto my lap as I tried to wake him up. His breathing was raspy. Just then, Madame Pomfrey and Professor McGonagall came rushing over. They made all of the students who were gathered around leave and then Madame Pomfrey came to Neville's side. She took him away to the hospital wing as McGonagall dragged Draco away.

----------------------------------

The next few days were hard. I had not been able to see Neville at all. He was still unconscious in the hospital wing. I had been having a lot of nightmares too. I was avoiding Draco no matter how many times he tried to apologizing. He had nearly killed Neville. Fred and George have been accompanying me a lot. I couldn't go to the courtyard, let alone the tree where it happened. Even though it was 2 days ago, I still feel like it was partly my fault it had happened. If I hadn't have stepped to the side, then maybe Neville would be here, eating lunch with me in the great hall. After lunch when I was walking down the hall, Madame Pomfrey caught up with me. Fred and George left for their lessons.

"Ah, miss Little. There you are. He's awake."

"He is!? When can I see him!?"

"well, right now if you'd like?"

"Of course I would!"

She took me to the hospital wing and there he was. He was sitting up in bed with a glass of water in his shaking hand. I walked over to him and sat down before placing my hand on his cheek gently. He looked at me and forced a smile.

"Hey, Nev"

"Hi"

"How are you?"

"I'm better. My head still hurts a lot though."

He took a sip of water before holding my hand and sighing.

"I'm sorry, Naomi."

"Why are you sorry?"

"I shouldn't have gotten so....."

"angry?"

"yeah."

"It's okay. I just missed you a lot."

"how long have I been out?"

"Two days and 5 hours."

"you- you counted the hours?"

"Like I said, I missed you a lot."

"Have you been okay without me?"

"depends what you mean by that."

"Well, have you eaten?"

"yes."

"how much?"

"enough"

"So you're okay?"

"yes. You?"

"I'm fine. What about when Draco cast a spell at you? When you fell to the floor?"

"I was fine. Fred helped me"

"Oh, okay."

We talked until it was dark outside. Neville was allowed to come back to the dorm tonight. He had a bandage around his chest from when he hit the tree, so I had to be careful. On the walk back, we had a conversation that I had been dreading.

"Naomi?"

"Yes, love?"

"What are we going to do after Hogwarts?"

"Well, what do you mean?"

"Are we going to travel or start a family?"

At these words, I felt the ground beneath me become like goo. I stopped walking and looked down.

"Are you okay? Why'd you stop?"

"N- Neville. I really didn't want it to come out like this but....... I can't have children"

"Oh...... Wait, what?"

"I can't carry children, love."

"Wh- why?"

"My mother......... she beat me so many times that my body just isn't physically able to hold them......."

"Oh, well that's completely fine"

I felt tears start to flow down my cheeks as Neville wrapped his arms around me.

"We don't need children to be happy, Naomi."

"I know but..... I know that you always get so exited about being a dad......."

"Naomi, you are the only one in this world who makes me as happy as I am today. Kids or no kids. Pluss, we could always adopt?"

"We should carry this conversation on in another couple of years. I mean, we're 15 s-"

"I missed your birthday!"

"Yeah......"

"I'm so sorry, love! I had this big thing planned out and I was gonna d-"

"Neville. It's fine, really."

We got to the common room and sat on the sofa for a while before I fell asleep, dreaming about mine and Neville's future. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 208 22
Jinx Darlington is a pureblood witch that was sorted into the House of Slytherin her first year at Hogwarts. She only has one friend, Severus Snape...
172K 6.3K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
6.3K 162 21
Yep this is happening! Dramione fan fiction. please don't come for me thanks. I don't feel like writing an actual description so lets just move onto...
248K 5.7K 21
it's your first year at hogwarts and you meet many new people. thing is, every guy you meet falls head over heels for you! follow yourself in this fa...