Slow Poison

By Jannysweet487

[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories... More

SUMMARY
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32 (PART 1)
CHAPTER 32 (PART 2)
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58 (PART 1)
CHAPTER 58 (PART 2)
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
EPILOGUE (PART 1)
EPILOGUE (PART 2)
A/N + Announcement

CHAPTER 50

6.3K 202 91
By Jannysweet487

Christopher

After Nicole left, I had to bandage my shoulder all by myself. Though it was difficult, I managed to do it. It's still aching like a bitch, but I am not incognizant about the fact that I have more serious issues than this in my head to take care of. Resting my head on the pillow, I stare at the ceiling, thinking about everything that has happened. I am not gonna leave Richard for what he has done. What the fuck was going through his mind while he thought of sending his men to attack us. Has he fucking lost it? Anything could have happened at that time. Nicole could have got hurt. Fuck! This has to fucking end now. I am going to talk to him about this. I have already informed Max about it. He said that he is ready to offer any kind of help if I need it.

I turn around, feeling uneasy lying alone on this bed. It feels so empty without Nicole. I wish we didn't have had this argument so I could have slept holding her in my arms. But we had to do it anyway because it was necessary. Besides, she needs her space too. I can't suffocate her by always being around.

Before I could blink, I realize it's morning. I get out of the bed and head to the shower. I hope it would be a new day for me and Nicole. With much struggle, I get my shower done without getting my shoulder hurt. I dress into my usual sweatpants and head downstairs. It looks like Nicole would be still asleep, as last night seemed to be totally exhausting for her.

As I am thinking about making breakfast when I am about to step into the kitchen, I see Nicole already in there. I stop mid-track and look at her. She is wearing a silk camisole along with matching shorts. She has her hair loose, flowing beautifully over her back. My eyes then register what she is doing as she walks towards the dining table. I notice that a carton box is sitting on the table as Nicole looks into it. I don't know what's there inside, but from here it appears like she is too engrossed staring into it that she doesn't seem to catch me looking at her. After checking it, she turns around and makes her way back to the island. And I quickly take the opportunity to sneak in. I settle on a chair and instantly peek into the box and find the little pup sleeping in it with a blanket beneath. He looks to be in better shape than yesterday when we found him. I think Nicole bathed him.

I shift my eyes from the box to Nicole and watch her. She pulls her hair together and hoists it high to make a bun. As she does that, I get to have a glance at her inviting neck. Fuck! I control myself from doing anything stupid as I get this sudden urge to kiss her there. My eyes then slowly survey her body and finally drop down to her perfectly round ass. It definitely looks good through those shorts, but I would like it more without them. I don't know why, but every time I see Nicole, I could practically scan her body through her dress. I wish I could bend her fucking right now and take her from behind. What? You can't blame me. I am a 28-year-old man and sex is pretty much always on my head. As I am still lost checking her out, Nicole turns, and a surprised squeal escapes her mouth. I shift in my seat, trying to act normal and clear my throat.

I notice her body turning rigid for a moment as she looks at me. I guess she is thinking about the conversation that we had yesterday.

She looks at me and then asks. "How long have you been sitting here?"

I cough a bit and answer. "I came in just now. Good morning." I greet her with a smile. I don't know why, but this feels awkward. I really don't want us to communicate like strangers after the talk we had last night, but from the way Nicole responded, it seems like our conversation is going to be absolutely weird.

She scans my face for a minute and says. "Morning." She then puts a stray strand behind her ear and asks. "Coffee?"

I smile, letting my shoulders relax, and nod at her. Thank fuck! I guess it's not going to be as weird as I thought it to be. She fills in a cup of coffee from the machine and then hands it to me. I grin at her as I take it. She then moves to the side and looks into the cardboard again. I watch her pat the little pup lovingly and see the little dog instantly wagging his tail in response to her. As I am staring at her, she turns towards me and gazes anxiously at me.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks nervously. I assume she is still expecting me to ask her about what happened last night. But I know it would just ruin her mood in the morning, so instead, I choose to throw something else on her way.

"I am thinking about the possible ways I could use to throw this guy out of the window." I point towards the cardboard and tell seriously.

Nicole's mouth hangs wide open as she gawks at me. "How could you say that, Christopher?" She is cute! She actually thinks that I am being serious.

"I don't like the fact that he is getting too comfortable around you," I say amusedly.

As if sensing my playful tone, Nicole eases up and laughs. "So Mr. Christopher Harris is saying that he is now jealous of a little puppy." She crosses her arms and smiles.

"I am not jealous." I scoff. "I just aim to eliminate my competitors." I look at her and suggest. "Especially those who try to rob me of what's mine."

I shift my eyes back to the box and say. "And this guy here is exactly trying to do the same thing."

It appears like the pup is intelligent enough to understand what I am speaking as he peeps out of the box and starts barking, looking at me.

Nicole shakes her head and laughs. "Don't make him hate you already, Christopher." She puts him back into the carton and I roll my eyes.

"You better try to work things out with him because you guys have to live in the same house." She shrugs.

"Who said that he is going to live in this house with us?" I quirk an eyebrow at her playfully.

"Christopher?" She glares at me.

I take in her expression and smirk. "Okay, I'll think about it." I quickly grab hold of her hand and pull her into my lap. She seems to be surprised at first, but then she shifts to being calm as she adjusts herself in my lap to face me. "I'll let him live in if I'll get something in return. You know what I mean?" I say slowly with my eyes dropping onto the mole that she has above her left breast. My mind starts thinking about all the other moles that she has over delicious places of her body and especially the one that she has on her inner thigh. Fuck! That's my favorite one. I look back into her eyes and lick my lips seductively. She bites her lip shyly, clearly understanding my intentions as she scans my shirtless form. But suddenly her demeanor changes as her eyes fall upon my shoulder.

She touches the bandage over it lightly and says apologetically. "I am sorry. I left you last night like that..." I know what she means.

"Is it hurting?" Her eyes search mine with concern filling them.

I firmly put my arms around her waist and say. "It's fine now, Cole. Your touch is enough for it to heal."

She looks at me sadly and before I could say something to her; she wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me. She looks so small and vulnerable right now in my arms. I secure my arms around her and hold her to me. I hear a soft sob escape from her lips as she hugs me tightly. I know the thought that's torturing her mind. "Nicole, don't hurt yourself like this, please."

I run my fingers over her back, comforting her. "Forgive him. You need to do it." I sigh. "Just because your father made a mistake, doesn't mean that every other man would turn out like him. You have to understand that."

She doesn't let a word out as she buries her face in my chest. I am completely fine with her wanting to have some time to think. I am not gonna push her anymore now, it's her decision to make. So not trying to pester her about it, I just pull her closer to me and rest my chin over her head.

We share a quiet moment staying like that holding the time, after which I say. "I am going to see Richard today." My jaws clench automatically as I think about Richard. "I am not going to leave him for what he did, Nicole."

"What do you mean?" Nicole pulls away from me and asks.

"I am going to confront him and fucking end this once for all," I tell her what's running there through my mind.

"Whatever Richard is trying to do, I wouldn't let him succeed." Pursing my lips, I add.

She looks a little disturbed as she stutters. "But...but what if it's not Richard? You can't do something stupid Christopher without having proof about it." I don't know what's suddenly wrong with her. Why would she say that?

I frown and look into her eyes. "I know it's him, Nicole. I don't need to have proof about it. He is doing all this."

Nicole gets out of my lap in a hurry and faces the other side. She uncommonly fiddles with her fingers, and I could sense the nervousness in her behavior. "But? How can you be so sure? What if it's not Richard but someone else?"

I try to register what she is saying, and then something suddenly stuck to me as I watch her body grow tenser. It appears from her tone like she knows something, but she is not willing to share that with me. "Nicole, are you hiding something from me?" I reach to her and pull her arm to make her look at me.

She refuses to meet my gaze. "No, I am not hiding anything."

I can say from her face that she is lying. "Then why do you think it's not Richard?" I ask, scanning her face.

She looks away and doesn't respond to me, which makes me more anxious. "Nicole, tell me what the fuck is going on?"

She glances at me for a minute and then begins to walk out of the kitchen quickly. What the fuck? I follow her as she makes her way to the living room.

"Nicole, stop! I know something is wrong and you are not telling me."

She stops abruptly and turns to face me. "Nothing is wrong, Christopher."

"No, you are not telling me the truth," I state sternly. She looks at me and for a moment I see a hint of fear flash through her face. She then closes her eyes and exhales tiredly.

"Are you going to tell me or not?" I sigh. "Fine, I am gonna fucking find it myself." I declare in an irritated tone and turn to walk.

"Christopher!?" Nicole stops me before I could leave. As I turn to look at her, I see her moving towards the couch to get her purse.

I stare at her with a confused look on my face as she unzips it to take out something. "It's because of this note that I think it's not Richard." She sighs, handing a piece of paper to me. I take it and instantly unfold it to know what's in there.

I feel a gush of terror run through my body as my eyes scan the words written on it. "When and where did you get this?" I snap my eyes back at her and question.

"I got it at Peter's party." She whispers timidly.

"And you are telling it to me now when it's almost around two weeks? I fucking can't believe this, Cole?" I bark immediately with annoyance creeping through my veins. Nicole flinches away hearing my tone but says nothing.

I shake my head, raking my fingers through my hair in disappointment. "And you blame me for hiding things from you. What would you say about this?"

"I had my reasons, Christopher." She peers at me slowly and defends.

"And what makes you think I didn't have my reasons?"

"Don't you fucking realize how serious this could be, Nicole?" I wave the piece of paper in front of her angrily.

She doesn't answer my question, which indeed riles me up more. "You got a fucking death threat, and you didn't even found it necessary to tell me? Could you just explain to me why?"

"I thought it had nothing to do with you... So I didn't want to trouble you by telling about this."

"Fucking bullshit, Nicole!" I tap my foot angrily. Just because it was not for me she thought it wasn't important to inform me? It is about her life and I fucking care about it. Can't she understand that? I am so fucking disappointed by how unreasonable she is being right now.

She then fixes her eyes on me and says in a disgusted tone. "However, it talks about something that my dad did. I guess I am not the only one whom he has wronged."

"That's ridiculous! Your father is a police officer, Nicole. There could be thousands of people after him trying to seek out their revenge for what he might have done for his profession. Try to understand. You can't blame him for everything."

I let out a breath in frustration and ask. "What else are you hiding from me, Cole?"

"I am not hiding anything else, Christopher." she retorts.

Before I can say anything else, I hear my ringtone. I get my phone from the table and see Richard's name on it.

I glance at Nicole before picking it up. "Get here to Sophia's place in an hour. I want to meet you." Richard's stern voice reaches my ear and with that, he cuts off the call.

"Who was it?" Nicole asks me as soon as I drop the phone.

"Richard."

"What did he say?" Her eyes look at me curiously.

"He wants to see me. I need to go." I tell her straightly before starting to march back to my room. I know I am being rude to Nicole right now, but I don't care because I am fucking mad at her.

"Christopher wait! I know why he wants to meet you." She reaches me and stands right in front of me as I look at her. "He wants to confirm if you got rid of me or not. He thinks that I am the distraction in your way. That's why he came here and told me all that crap about you." She says desperately looking into my eyes.

"You know him better than me. Promise me that you wouldn't do anything stupid?" Nicole looks at me expectantly. "You wouldn't mention anything about last night to him, okay? We are not sure if he had been doing all this. So we can't take the risk of adding him to the list of our existing problems without knowing the whole truth." I just stare at the frown on her face as she speaks.

She looks at me carefully, expecting me to say something. "I am sorry I didn't tell you about the note, Christopher." she sighs and closes her eyes. "I just didn't want you to worry about me..."

I begin to open my mouth to tell her that I could never stop worrying about her because I fucking love her, but I refrain from doing it because I know it would be of no use.

"We need to do this together." She steps closer to me and whispers. "I need you to play along with Richard." She takes my hand into hers and says. "You have said this to me and now I am saying it back to you. Don't fall into his trap. I want you to be careful, Christopher."

I am aware of what she is trying to say. I look into her beautiful blue eyes gazing at me and simply nod.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

VICENZO By Walnut

Short Story

1.5M 39K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...
2.2M 66.7K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
1.2M 36.7K 48
BOOK 1 MATURE CONTENT 18+ Read at your own risk I slowly lifted the thin long sleeve over her head and she sat up a little in the process to help me...
1M 22.1K 31
BOOK I of the "Kings and Queens" series Suited for an audience 18 and older. Read at your own discretion. *** "Don't think for a second I don't hate...