Runaway (Ranboo x Reader)

By Jjeve12

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈ "𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕒 𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕, 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕪 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕨𝕚𝕥�... More

✧1✧
✧2✧
✧3✧
✧5✧
✧6✧
✧7✧
✧8✧
✧9✧
✧10✧
✧11✧
✧12✧
✧13✧
✧14✧
✧15✧
✧16✧
✧17✧
✧18✧
✧19✧

✧4✧

12.1K 587 819
By Jjeve12

Over the course of several days, Ranboo would sneak his way into your humble abode, bringing you apples, crackers, and occasionally a few sticks of meat he was given. You had told him multiple times to save the food for himself, for the hard day of work would drain him if he didn't eat- despite this, he continued to share his rations with you.

"The Capitan keeps the keys to my chains in his left pocket- never his right." You had currently been munching on some small nuts Ranboo brought, delicately peeling the shells off so you could get to the flavoured goodness inside.

Discussing plans on how to get out of the hull had been your main priority, for if you couldn't get your chains off, there was no stepping off the ship. The golden watch Malek had thrown at you was long since destroyed by the heel of your boot, the ticking only edging your nerves. The only problem was how Ranboo would get the key from the Capitan's pocket.

"I could wait until he's drunk." Ranboo offered. You shook your head, brows furrowing in thought.

"No, a raging alcoholic such as himself never gets drunk. You would have a better chance if he was asleep." Flickering your eyes up to look at Ranboo, you noted how his tail swished in a steady rhythm, the fur puffing out at the end split between two colours, just like the rest of him. For part Enderman, most of his features looked awfully human, and the other half of him was even more mysterious.

You could recall the stories of the different races that walked the same lands as you, Piglins being the main rulers of the Nether- Their brute force and violent reputation never seized to excite you, mind drifting to the lakes of lava they built their castles upon.

Endermen had a different world entirely, only being visited by very important people with offerings and news. Other than those selected few, only the tall beings of the End had been permitted to come and go as they please, being able to simply teleport into different dimensions without so much as a second thought. Their homes had been built amongst the obsidian pillars within the end, defying the laws of gravity that applied to the Overworld. Rumours had spoken of a dragon that once lived within the realm, terrorizing the Endermen within and holding their minds captive.

You had no clue if any of it had been real, for you had only heard of stories and tales of such a place, you've heard of a three-headed beast terrorizing the Nether, only to be slain by magic. Such stories has seemed like far-fetched creations from a drunken story-teller, looking to gather coins for a crazy idea strewn together by alcohol. But you couldn't help but wonder if said stories had actually been as true as they seemed.

Your mind wandered to the first day you met the hybrid, his timid form not much different now. The memory of his scared eyes meeting your calm gaze just before the offers started rolling in, auctioneer saying anything to receive a buyer- It reminded you that Ranboo had come from the Holy land, a place rumoured to be of great wealth.

"Did you really come from the holy lands?" You mindlessly asked, eyes widening after you realized just what you said. The words had slipped out of your mouth before you could stop yourself, causing Ranboo to pause in eating his apple. He took a moment to consider.

"I wouldn't call the holy, but yes, I came from there."

"What was it like?"

The hybrid stopped for a moment, eyes gazing the floorboards with a sudden interest. His tail had stopped swishing, instead relaxing along the floor, tucked close to his body.

"It's a wonderful place." He began, eyes distant while he explained. "There are no traders there, and the people are kind so long as you're not a criminal. There are other hybrids too- piglins, ghasts, turtles, a variety that's very much refreshing compared to other countries I've wandered across."

"The winters are beautiful as well- the sun casting it's orange hues across the snow, it brings a glow to everything around you. As for the summers in the villages, colourful festivals take place with exotic foods, where everyone is just looking to enjoy the moment."

Tilting your head back, you closed your eyes and pictured what it was like- sky's as blue as the clear waters, a constant warmth from the sun before winter rolls around. Kind people that did not look at hybrids with nothing but a glance. The ghost of laughter echoing in your ears with the thought of yourself enjoying the festivities without a care in the world, dancing in cloths of different hues to enjoy the night. It all seemed like a faraway dream that Ranboo was trying to help you reach.

You would like to visit that land with him, to enjoy the winters and festivities he described- trying the exotic foods from masterful hands and enjoying how the stars sparkled. It wouldn't be such a bad thing.

A hum rumbled in your throat, smiling within the confides of your mind. 

"I'd like to see it one day." You whispered, settling on your back to look at the ceiling.

Ranboo nodded, making a silent promise to himself that day.

»»——⍟——««

Releasing a shaken breath, your arms wrapped your knees, head resting on the slightly damp clothes while you awaited for something to change. The waves had gotten more violent in the past few days, rocking the ship to a point where the barrels began shifting from their moulded points in the floors. Sometimes you would have to use your chain to prevent yourself from tumbling onto your side, the once golden light that trickled from the boards above nothing more than grey shadows that hardly reached your skin.

There was a storm brewing.

Wind pushed against the sails above, snapping ropes and pushing people off ships with the sheer force. The rain hadn't come yet- but once it did, they would be under dark clouds that would test their ships balance once again.

The shouts from above had been carried off in the wind, the force of nature stealing their voices in the creak of wood and wind. Thunder crackled while being closely followed by a blinding streak of lightning, the bolt grazing the tops of capped waves. It was as if the deafening noise was ripping open the clouds, a heavy rain beginning to patter down. Rodents scurried across the floor in search of a place to hide from the dripping water, eyes catching the blinding lights through the ceiling.

The ships rocking grew violent, water beginning to pool into the corners below deck. You could feel your stomach twist when the trapdoor ripped open, nearly flying off its hinges as the rain poured in.

A body had tumbled down the stairs, stopping by your feet, soaked to the bone.

Yanking against your confinement, you tried to reach your hands out as to whom had joined you once again. The trapdoor shut and clicked, separating you and the storm once more.

Ranboo laid unconscious by your feet, his breath shaking with shuddering body. Pulling against your restricting chains, your fingers had just barley been able to graze his forehead, eyes scanning for injuries that hadn't been hidden by his tatted clothes. You had to flinch back as soon as your skin came in contact with his, the burning sensation from his body travelling through your own.

A groan escaped his lips, shifting his body slightly before allowing a hiss to escape his lips. You could see the sheer coat of rain along his skin, the water sizzling off him as if trying to repel it-

And that's when it clicked.

Back during the trades, when the auctioneer spoke just of why Ranboo had been so much, not only because he was a hybrid, but because he was part Endermen.

And as much as you knew, Endermen hated water.

Ranboo was most likely no different. Your eyes immediately darted around the darkness for anything, hands groping the ground in hopes of finding a piece of fabric to help him.

Your fingers brushed upon a discarded sail that had been stuffed along the barrels, the fabric tattered and beyond repair. It had been just enough for you to rip off a good chunk with your teeth- Returning to the hybrid, your chains clanked with restraint right before you could reach him, hands just barley grazing his face.

"Ranboo, wake up, please." You pleaded. The hybrid didn't move, his body still visibly shaking- whether from the cold or pain you didn't know. "Ranboo!"

This time, his eyes fluttered open, just barley enough to shift his stare to you. The glow of his eyes was much more dim despite the darkness surrounding you, and you could see the painful look over in his gaze.

"Come closer- we need to get this water off you." Your voice was quiet compared to the thundering rain pattering above, the yells and shouts from above nearly drowned out by the crash of waves against the hull. Ranboo groaned as he shifted his body inches closer to you, shoes scraping across the ground as some of the skin along his body began to peel.

Once you could get a firm grip around his arm, you pulled him closer so he laid in front of you, allowing you to care for him. The pain he must have been feeling was too much, sending him into the confides of sleep in hopes to hide from the sensation of water burning off his skin. Taking the fabric of the cloth, you immediately began to pat the water off his skin, careful not to rub too harshly and cause more pain.

With each movement of your hand, a pained gasp would pass his lips, purple particles floating around him. It was almost like embers from a fire, the purple glow bouncing off your skin and casting a low light around your body.

You ruffled the cloth through Ranboo's hair, making sure to dry it off as best you could before moving to swipe off any moisture on his face. Gliding your hand down his cheek, his eyes parted just slightly to watch you, taking a deep breath before shifting his body ever so slightly.

As you moved to pat his neck next, you noted how the water on his clothes had been drying significantly faster than the rest of him, from what, you didn't know. You were grateful you wouldn't have to dry his whole body off.

As the water sizzled off his skin, along with the constant patting around the most damp areas around his body, every droplet had finally left him in a more comfortable state. The storm was still pelting the ship above, waves threatening to overtake the creation of it did not let up. The shouts could still be heard from above in a panicked shout, snapping lines causing old wood to creak with new weight.

Patting off the little water that remained, Ranboo's hand found yours, weak grip gently grasping it. Your eyes met his, a dim glow coming from his different coloured hues. Being so close to him made you note how a few freckles lined his cheeks very lightly, casting a innocent look upon his features.

His ears twitched while he squeezed your hand, wording a 'thank you' before slipping into the confides of sleep once again.

The rats around you scurried behind barrels as another strap of lightning shone through the boards, sending a roar of thunder seconds apart from it- a warning.

You wouldn't be surprised if you had ended up in the bottom of the sea by morning. But with Ranboo close to your side, it wouldn't be as bad as you thought.

»»——⍟——««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.6K 3.3K 16
•°. *࿐ ❝𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬?❞ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐢 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐠𝐡𝐨...
236K 8.7K 55
𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘯-𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦...
418K 21K 52
"𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕕𝕒𝕨𝕟 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕜 𝕚 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕞𝕪 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕. 𝕠𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕤 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕔𝕠𝕦�...
41.3K 1K 21
𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 ➪ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐘/𝐍 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐮𝐩𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐧�...