✓ Heavenly

By demetersdoom

you have aroused my anger and turned your back on me ✶ Harry Potter / Order of the Phoenix - Deathly Hallows More

Angel face, devilish thoughts. . .
000. The Death/The Birth
Part One: Blink from a Universal Eye
001. Just Like Astrid
002. Parental Guidance
003. Hogwarts Express
004. Ministry Interference
005. Poison Ivy
006. Eye To Eye
007. Heavy On My Mind
008. Defense Against The Dark Arts
009. Eyes Of The Ministry
010. Mind Over Matter
011. Little Sister
012. Lovegood
013. I Must Respect My Superiors
014. Nothing Special
015. Law Of Attraction
016. Life and Death, Good and Evil
017. When Push Comes To Shove
018. Halo Model
019. Only In My Dreams
020. Hog's Head
021. The High Inquisitor
022. In The Fireplace
023. Halfbreed
024. Dumbledore's Army
025. No Such Thing
026. Heavens And Back
027. Absolute Power
028. The Voice In The Void
029. Girl Interrupted
030. St. Mungo's
031. A Single Cry On Christmas
032. Valentine's Day
033. Kindred Spirits
034. The Tiger and The Tigress
035. The Plunge
036. In Control
037. Department of Mysteries
038. Beyond The Veil
039. Guardian Angels
040. Judgement Day
Part Two: A New World Order
041. Revelations
042. Holy Terror
043. Lazarus Rising
044. Venus Black
045. No Rest For The Wicked
046. Coconut Vanilla
047. House Of Cards
048. Dumb Luck
049. Teenage Dream
050. 'Tis The Season
051. Light And Dark
052. Nobody Likes A Bitch
053. God's Grace
054. Trouble In Paradise
055. Kiss And Tell
056. Lightning-Struck Tower
057. Time Will Come
058. Getaway Angel
059. Life After Death
060. Until Hell Freezes
Part Three: Drunken Gods of Slaughter
061. Universal Law
062. Angels On The Line
063. Resurrection Alone
064. Stairway To Heaven
066. The Ministry Has Fallen
067. September First
068. Teenage Rebellion
069. Target Of Tyranny
070. Malfoy Manor
071. Fight Or Flight
072. On The Other Side
073. Angel Not On Earth
074. Room Of Requirement
075. Commencement
076. The Battle of Hogwarts
077. Only The Dead Have Seen The End
078. Value Of Life
079. The Human Heart
080. How We Survive
081. Who Wins The War
082. Epilogue / After the Storm

065. Always A Bridesmaid

1.7K 88 34
By demetersdoom

Part Three / Chapter Sixty-Five

An awfully gleeful Harry and Venus exited the room.

They relished in their alone time after their friends unexpected visitation. Expecting to enter back into the lively party they'd left from, instead they found out that Remus and Tonks had left and the Minister of Magic was standing there in the Weasley's living room. His sunken eyes and wrinkled skin were enhanced by the warm light of the candles in the Burrow. He looked like a zombie.

"Sorry to intrude," said Scrimgeour, as he limped to a halt before the table. "Especially as I can see that I am gate-crashing a party."

His eyes lingered for a moment on the giant Snitch
cake. "Many happy returns." Then his eyes went from Harry to Venus who was stood beside him, her side glued to his. Scrimegour's lip quivered with disgust at the sight of her.

"Thanks," said Harry, shuffling in front of Venus so Scrimegour's evil eye was blocked from her view.

"I require a private word with you," Scrimgeour went on. "Also with Mr. Ronald Weasley and Miss Hermione Granger."

"Us?" said Ron, sounding surprised. "Why us?"

"I shall tell you that when we are somewhere more private," said Scrimgeour. "Is there such a place?' he demanded of Mr. Weasley.

"Yes, of course," said Mr. Weasley, who looked nervous. "The, er, sitting room, why don't you use that?"

"You can lead the way," Scrimgeour said to Ron. "There will be no need for you to accompany us, Arthur."

Everyone shared concerned looks with the trio. Constance stood up from her seat and walked beside Venus, watching as Harry, Hermione and Ron were led out of the living room by Scrimgeour. Harry gave her one last fleeting look before disappearing.

"What was that about?" Constance questioned.

"No clue." Venus replied, keeping her gaze at the empty hallway.

The partying mood had quickly been killed. Mrs. Weasley cleaned up, who had now been forcing her husband to look over wedding decorations and everyone else ( who faked a yawn ) retreated to their bedrooms. Ginny, Constance and Venus settled down in Ginny's bedroom where her and Constance had already fallen asleep. Her best friends not so quiet snores echoing throughout the bedroom. Then, the door cracked open and there stood Harry. His piercing green eyes glowing through the slit. He motioned her to get up, grabbing her hand once she'd reached the doorway and dragging her up to the attic room where Hermione and Ron were already sat.

"What did Scrimegour tell you three?" Venus shuffled into the spot beside Hermione.

"It was more like he gave us something. Dumbledore left each of us something. Ron got some sort of glow stick..." Hermione began explaining.

"Deluminator." Ron corrected.

"Whatever. He gave me this book and Harry got a snitch. A sword would have come along but Scrimegour didn't have it in his possession." Hermione held up a book to Venus.

"The Tales of Beedle the Bard. I recognize this. My aunt would read it to me every night." Venus reminisced, letting her fingers trace along the sides of the leather cover. She furrowed her brow when Hermione and Harry gave her bewildered stares. "Have any of you heard of babbity rabbity?"

"Yes!" Ron celebrated, wrapping his arms around Venus. "Thank you."

She patted his back awkwardly. "You're welcome." Venus lowered her eyes as Ron sat back in his spot. "Any idea why Dumbledore wanted you guys to have this stuff? Would it be useful for the mission?"

"Both answers to your question are: we have no clue." Harry chuckled, spinning the golden snitch between his fingertips.

Venus still hadn't found the right moment to tell Constance she was leaving. Maybe she wouldn't tell her at all. But Constance was her best friend, she had to tell her. It felt like a betrayal leaving her behind so suddenly. She couldn't bring herself to do it. If Venus was being honest, she wasn't sure if she wanted tag along with the trio. Of course she wanted to help her friends, but there were other factors that played into this.

Metatron. The Angels.

They've been inactive for months, ever since their attack on Hogwarts during the school year. Metatron hadn't made another appearance. Not physically or mentally. Venus' dreams were free of the archangel. If they pop up again while she's with the trio ( doing god knows what ) who would protect witches and wizards from someone they're completely powerless against. There was only one thing that'd happen if they decide to resurface.

Absolute extinction.

Harry gave Venus a small peck once they all left the attic room to get to bed. Her and Hermione crept back into Ginny's room as quietly as possible. Venus pulled her covers to her face. Would she go with Harry, Hermione and Ron or stay here with Constance and her family? That question was left unanswered all night and into the morning where Venus was met with even more disaster. The house was swirling with activity for Fleur and Bill's wedding.

Ron was chasing Fred who'd stolen his pants.

George was brushing down his tuxedo, while his hair was being slicked down by a comb levitating in mid-air.

Harry ran up to Venus with five ties in hand. "What color is your dress?"

"Blue, why?" Venus raised her eyebrows.

"No reason. I'll be wearing the blue tie." He chuckled, kissing her in the cheek and darting back inside Ron's bedroom.

"Ouch... Ouch... OUCH!"

Venus pulled away from Constance who had already stabbed her in the eye three times with her mascara wand. She seethed holding pressing her palm to her eye.

"I'm sorry!" Constance apologized. "We can forget the mascara." She tossed the tube behind her. "I don't know why I just did that I need this." She spun around looking for the mascara tube in Ginny's wedding-distressed bedroom.

Hermione and Ginny had been stressfully fixing the rip in Ginny's bridesmaid dress, even though Hermione couldn't find the dress she'd packed for the wedding. Nonetheless, the four girls looked disastrous. Everyone else had already went outside to assemble the tent for Fleur and Bill's wedding. Venus tapped her wand to her eye and the smudged mascara had disappeared.

"The wedding starts in an hour and we're still in here. We're going to ruin the wedding, oh god." Hermione paced back in forth in the bedroom, panicking at how time consuming getting ready was.

"Calm down, 'Mione. Just because the wedding starts at three doesn't mean people are going be there exactly at three. We've technically got until like 5:45 to get ready." Ginny explained, her wand tracing the rip on the side of her dress. The fabric swiftly knitting itself together. "See, problem fixed!"

"I'm sorry I blank out when I'm nervous," Hermione sighed, taking her suitcase and rummaging through it once more. "I can't believe I didn't pack my bloody dress. What am I going to do?"

Constance shot up from the ground, with her mascara tube and an accomplished look on her face. "Don't worry, Hermione. There's a reason I'm here."

Hermione's cheeks flushed as she watched Constance made her way to her suitcase and stuck her arm inside. All three girls stared in disbelief as she pulled out a rack full of dresses. Constance had never been the best at Charms and seeing this had certainly impressed Venus.

"Take your pick." Constance said. Hermione opened her mouth. "Actually I think I have the perfect dress." Constance scanned the rack and plucked out a glamours baby blue gown. "Try this one."

Hermione nodded, quickly slipping the dress on. Constance walked up behind her and zipped the dress up for her, making Hermione's face redder than a tomato. Constance grinned smoothing out the dress and turning Hermione around to face her.

"You look beautiful." She smiled. Hermione's eyes widened. Ginny and Venus shared a glance before looking at the two again.

"You didn't have to Constance, I—" Hermione stopped when Constance raised her eyebrow at her. "Thank you."

"Of course." Constance replied. "What are... friends for."

"Yeah... friends." Hermione nodded, looking down at the floor that had become very enticing to her at that moment.

Constance looked at Venus and gasped.

"What?" Venus asked, looking behind her urgently.

"Your hair! It's not done. It's okay, I can fix this." Constance said as if she were Superman, taking her wand and swaying it over Venus's hair. Slowly but surely, her curls had looked noticeably rejuvenated. They sat perfectly across her chest, two french braids crowned the top of her head ending with a ribbon tying them together. Constance truly had a gift.

"Wow, Constance. You've truly outdone yourself." Venus smiled.

"It's what I do." Constance shrugged, giving Venus a quick kiss on the forehead. "Let's go girls. We've got some stunning to do, and I'm not talking about the spell."

The humid air made Venus nearly choke as she climbed her way towards the tall marquee in the centre of the orchard in front of the Burrow. She nearly tripped over her heels four times, getting caught in dirt every minute. They finally reached the rest of the Weasley's just as multiple figures popped up out fo nowhere one by one. With sweat dripping down her face, Venus quickly wiped it and put on her best face, even if her heart felt like it was on fire.

"You look stunning." A boy said beside her. He had bright red hair, well resembling the Weasley's. She's assumed he was a family member. Venus eyed her surroundings and Harry was nowhere to be seen.

"Thanks, person I don't know, but I've got a boyfriend." She said pointedly, smoothing out her dress nervously.

"I am your boyfriend." She whispered.

"You're mistaken." She said coldly, just about ready to sprint to Constance.

"Jesus Venus and I thought I was oblivious." He chuckled, looking at her one more time. "It's me, Harry!"

"What?"

He pulled out a pair of black circled glasses from his front pocket, raising with eyebrows in amusement. For extra precaution, she looked at his tie. It was a perfect match to her dress. Venus punched his shoulder.

"Ouch." He winced shockingly. "What'd you do that for?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were taking Polyjuice Potion?"

"Fred and George thought it'd be funny seeing you react, which is ironic 'cause they're not even here."

"I'm going to murder them." Venus grumbled. "Y'know you didn't have to take that Polyjuice Potion. I could've handled it for you."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"You don't think I've got a few tricks up my sleeve?" Venus said surprisingly. "Why do you think I look like me and not some blond girl from Ottery St. Catchpole?"

"Hermione won't like where this is going." Harry said fearfully.

"Well, Hermione isn't here, is she?" Venus grinned. She took her hand and placed it on his shoulder. Within a second, the effects of the Polyjuice Potion wore off and Harry's face returned to normal. "You'll look like you to us, but like that other boy to everyone else."

"Where'd you learn to do that?" Harry asked, looking at her as if she were the most brilliant person ever.

Venus shrugged. "I don't know. Lately it's like I've been learning new things but without it being taught to me. Kind of like, I've known the tricks already and they're just now coming to me. Y'know?"

"No." Harry shook his head. He held his arm out, facing the marquee. "Don't want to miss the wedding, now do we?"

Venus linked her arm with his and the two entered the marquee with three other newly-apparated guests. As soon as the pair entered the tent, the blistering heat that slowly fried Venus' skin was replaced with cool, refreshing air. She sighed out of relief wiping another glistening bead of sweat from her forehead. The first thing that caught her eye was the color purple. The color of purple and blue hydrangeas dangling gloriously from the sides and ceiling of the tent. Butterflies and doves flew magnificently in the air, some landing prettily on a guests table or a girls hair. Everything was lovely.

"Wotcher." A familiar voice said behind the two as Tonks and Remus walked up to them at the queue.

"Dee!" Venus squealed in excitement.

"Everything well, Vee?" Tonks asked, rubbing Venus' back comfortably.

"As well as it can be. Still can't get over the look Scrimgeour gave me the other night." Venus took a glass of ( what she hoped was apple cider ) from a nearby caterer.

Tonks huffed. "I'll kill him."

"I love you too, Dee. But I don't want your arse thrown in Azkaban." Venus chortled.

The wedding had been thrown into full swing. Couples are spinning on the dancefloor. Bachelors and Bachelorettes were flirting with one another at the tables. Parents were chatting with others ( most likely about Fleur's decision with the centerpieces. ) Venus took another small sip of her water. Ron had been dragged into the dancefloor by Fred and Charlie, Hermione was awkwardly chatting with Viktor Krum ( making occasional glances toward Constance, who was ball-dancing with George. )

A hand appeared at her left. Harry stood tall, a small smirk etched on his face.

"Can I have this dance?"

Venus shook her head playfully, letting her hand snake into his. "Yes. You may."

Harry and Venus walked into the dancefloor ( although to them it felt like they were floating. ) Venus' heels made a distinct click on the lacquered floors. Her left hand stayed intertwined with Harry's right as her other hand eased up his chest and onto his shoulder. His hand laced across her waist as they fell into step, allowing the slow, melodic rhythm control their movements. His emerald eyes twinkled down at her. So, she set her head on his shoulder to hide her smile.

They stopped in the middle of the dance floor, toe to toe. Other couples circling around them gracefully, the skirts of the girls dresses spread their wings like a dove as the wind brushed against Venus' legs. Harry grabbed her hips to pull her closer to him. Their eyes laid on another, entranced in each others eyes. The space between them disappeared. The twinkle in Harry's eyes inched closer toward hers. Their lips inches... centimeters... millimeters apart until they were touching. Suddenly, a powerful gust of wind nearly knocked them both back, forcing the two apart dramatically. Something large and silver discolored their setting. The warm hues that hugged the tent had been drained out colorless. It was a patronus. The lynx shined and gleamed gracefully as it sprang from the entrance to the center of the dance floor; parallel to Venus and Harry. The band stopped playing abruptly, partygoers stopped chatting and dancers froze in their spots watching the glowing lynx in awe. Then it's mouth opened, then the voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt rumbled throughout the tent.

"The Ministry has fallen, Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

author's note.
HI GUYS! I'm so happy to finally be back and writing chapters. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and forgive me for not updating in a while. I'll be posting regularly if I can. I am already working on a Fred Weasley fic but it won't be published until August. Again, I'm glad to be back. Also I did not proofread this chapter because I wanted to publish it quickly so if they're any grammar problems, my bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

593K 20.1K 89
❝ you're like a mystery just waiting to be solved. ❞ in which 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐭𝐭 holds more...
21.5K 1.1K 15
𝗜𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝗶𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗲 𝗣𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲...
2.9K 73 35
"And I told you that it was a stupid mistletoe! I don't like her anymore!" Violet yelled back, making Harry's glare turn into a surprised look. ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇ...
2.4K 109 13
"𝐌-𝐀-𝐌-𝐀-𝐁-𝐎-𝐘, 𝐌𝐀𝐌𝐀'𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐘, 𝐌𝐀𝐌𝐀'𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐘" ━━━━ ━━━━ "have i ever told you that you were beautiful?" "a million times, leo." 𝒉𝒆...