Andante - R. Lupin

By halcyonedaysx

'Andante, Andante Oh, please don't let me down' In which Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague just wants to be loved... More

- CAST -
- Playlist -
- PRELUDE -
- 0.1
- 0.2
- 0.3
- 0.4
- 0.5
- ACT ONE -
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
35.
- ACT TWO -
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
- ACT THREE -
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88
89
90.
91.
92.

34.

1.2K 68 12
By halcyonedaysx

{.33. The Last Full Moon of Sixth Year}

Trigger: blood warning, mentions of abuse

The end of Ally's sixth year ended up coming around a bit too quickly for her liking, Ally had been placing all her focus into the end of year exams. As she had no wand she was actually allowed to participate in the practical parts of the exams showcasing what her wandless magic could do. She only hoped this would be the case for her actual NEWTS next year. If it was she knew that she'd be able to do so much better than what she could do normally; she'd almost have a chance at doing really well.

She and Remus still hadn't made up, they'd spent the last few weeks awkwardly avoiding each other especially after she left him with a bit of food for thought, Ally had been out on prefect duty with Toby which meant she didn't even have to awkwardly encounter him then. She actually thought she was a bit grateful for that if she was being honest.

There was also no news from anybody about her mishap, it had happened one more time. This time though it had happened when she was holding hands with Reggie in the corridor when she had began to feel overwhelmed. She had grabbed onto his hand and within minutes he had to pull his hand away because she had burnt him.

He had no idea still what was wrong, he hadn't been able to find the book that he had been thinking of — he was going to check the library in grimmauld place over the summer. Ally had felt awful when it had happened but Reggie had told her there was no need to worry, she hadn't hurt him and he was ok.

Ally had also been thriving in her lessons with Professor McGonagall, it was the only time Perseus allowed her to have her wand and Professor McGonagall was incredibly impressed with how well Ally had improved, it was like she had a new found confidence. Of course, Professor McGonagall knew that Ally was able to perform magic with a wand in a duelling scenario now, she had seen Arlo after Ally had hexed him and how furious he was and dare she say it, Professor McGonagall had felt quite proud of the young girl. She'd never admit that to anyone of course, it would have been utterly unprofessional but she noticed how far Ally had come and it put a smile on the elder witch's face.

It was now the last full moon of Ally's sixth year and she had made plans with Toby and Luke to go watch it together on top of the Astronomy tower. Regulus and Caspian were going down by the black lake to watch it so she knew that they would be able to go to the astronomy tower undisturbed.

It was one am when the trio had decided there was not enough snacks yet and they were hungry. So Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague was waltzing around the castle trying not to get caught. Toby was currently with Luke in the astronomy tower. Ally had drawn the short straw and had to go and get the snacks from the kitchens because that's how it worked in the muggle world apparently. She didn't like the idea of walking through the castle by herself but ultimately she had no choice according to the boys as it's what happened when the short straw was drawn.

They'd been up there for a while so it was only natural they'd be hungry after a while.

She was singing a Muggle song that she had heard and was dancing around the corridor when she heard grunting coming from behind a statue. She wasn't sure she'd heard right at the start, she let out a loud sigh and got her hand ready incase she needed to retaliate against an attacker.

She moved slowly and got closer to the statue and she saw a trail of blood, she was a bit scared but poked her head around the corner and jumped when she saw Sirius sitting there with a scratch mark down his side, a bleeding nose and a cut to his head. Ally gasped and bent down in front of him.

"Shit Siri," she whispered grabbing her scrunchie from around her wrist and tying his hair up with it

"Should see the other guy," Sirius slurred with a cough at the end followed by a groan — ally noticed he had sweat trickling down his face and looked slightly pale

"Siri this isn't the time to joke, you're bleeding so bad." Ally panicked, thinking about what to do "Ok, I'm going to get Perseus ok? H—"

"No teachers Al,"

"Siri please, he's got my wand anyway and I—i'll ask him to come as a brother not a teacher," she stuttered

"Take me to the room of requirement, find your wand and come back alone,"

"Sirius—"

"Star—"

"Siri—"

"star—"

"Fine!" she sighed exasperatedly "ok fine, you win. Do you think you can walk or are your legs injured?" She asked

Sirius grabbed Ally's hand as she helped him up, he wrapped one arm around her neck and kept the other firmly wrapped around his side. It was difficult for them to walk through the castle and Ally was tempted to levitate him but Sirius was determined he was going to walk.  Sirius showed her to a wall on the castle and told her to think of the room they needed and walk back and forth three times.

I need a safe place for Sirius, I need a safe place for Sirius, I need a safe place for Sirius

She had thought of that over and over again until a door materialised in front of them, ally pushed the door open and helped Sirius inside. She smiled softly when she realised that it was an exact replica of the room he had in James' house. She helped Sirius onto the bed when she noticed that there was a picture of him and Regulus in a frame when they were younger.

Ally's heart felt all sorts of pain when she realised that the two brothers still cared for one another and that their care-free and rude attitudes about one another weren't the case at all. It really made Ally feel warm inside knowing that there still might be some hope somewhere.

"Ok Siri I'm going to get my wand ok? I can do healing spells with my hand but they're not very good," she whispered tucking a strand of hair that had fallen out of the scrunchie away

"Take your time Allystar," he mumbled

"I'll be back as quick as I can," she whispered kissing his forehead and running towards Perseus' quarters.

If she was being honest seeing Sirius in that state had terrified her and she was honestly so scared. She had tears running down the side of her cheeks but she was quick to wipe them away when she got to Perseus. She tapped quickly and vigorously at the door as she tried to compose herself but she didn't think it was working. Perseus would be able to see through the young girl easily, he had been the one to more or less raise her as they grew up.

The door flung open and Perseus stood there in an unbuttoned shirt with his pyjama bottoms on. He gave ally a kind smile until he noticed that she looked distressed and had blood soaked into her top.

"Alcyone my dear, what's happened?" He asked seriously

"I need my wand Perse," she replied

"Cece, you can't use your wand you know that it isn't suited for you, what is the meaning of this?" He asked gesturing her in "Alcyone you have blood on your t shirt, are you hurt?" He quizzed in a stern tone — Ally was always Perseus' main priority, so he needed to establish that she was ok first

Ally huffed and walked in. She paced back and forth quickly as she tried to look around for where Perseus would keep her wand. Perseus sat down and poured a glass of fire whisky and sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I need my wand Perse ok? Just this is serious please!" She stressed, making herself feel more anxious

"Cece you didn't answer me, are you in trouble or are you hurt?"

"It's not me Persey, I'm fine, it's for a friend." She hurried rubbing her temples before looking at him, "When we were younger you always told me to help others to the best of my ability and if I ever came to you and I needed to do that you'd never ask me any questions. You'd help me by allowing me to help, then if I trusted you I would tell you. I need you to trust me here Perseus,"

"Someone's hurt aren't they? Is it dangerous? If you help will you be put in danger?"

Ally knew she had caught Perseus in a corner but it was true, the only reason he'd ever give Ally not to trust him was if he thought she was in danger and she didn't look like she was in any. She just wanted to help someone, which is exactly what he had taught her to do when they were younger.

He stood up and used a spell to unlock the drawer in his room and passed Ally the wand. He had never seen her so distressed about using a wand for magic before which meant he knew someone was hurt. He remembered that she had always been amazing at healing spells with her wand and it was why she would always use it because it was where she excelled.

Perseus kissed her forehead and she hugged him tightly. She was so very appreciative of him right now because she knew her other brothers would have a lot more questions for her.

"I'll tell you everything I promise I just can't right now. I love you Perse, thank you," she hurried before she ran out of the room leaving Perseus to smile at how selfless his sister was and that he had a part to play on the way she was

Ally ran the corridors and appeared outside the room of requirement and paced back and forth thinking of Sirius. The door appeared and she quickly ran through where she saw Sirius being sick into a bowl. She ran over to rub his back and once he stopped she gently manoeuvred him to lay back on the bed.

He gave her a smile and a wink like he normally would being his cheeky self and she laughed. She didn't understand how he could be so charming even when he was injured but she loved it and she loved Sirius so much. Seeing him in such an injured state had hurt her heart.

"Siri I need to take your shirt off amore is that ok? Can I do that, if you say no I can let you do the spell on yourself," she asked

"Ally, if you wanted me shirtless all you had to do was ask,"

Ally let out a snort of laughter and waited for him to nod before she removed the shirt from his body. She gasped in shock as she saw the claw marks that were down his side but that wasn't the most shocking part there were numerous scars that littered Sirius' body she ran her hand gently over the ones on his chest and frowned.

She couldn't believe the way that Walburga and Orion treated him, she'd never set foot in Grimmauld Place again and she was going to do everything she could to make sure that Caspian got Regulus out of there. When she grew up there was always moments where she had felt unloved by her father, the words he'd scream at her when he was drunk was proof of that, but Arcturus Montague would never have hurt his daughter or any of his children.

Ally couldn't imagine the fear that Sirius must have felt growing up and how bloody brave he was for constantly and actively going against everything his family had instilled on him. He was so strong and she wished Regulus had a little bit of Sirius in him because she knew that Regulus had so much potential, she knew that he did and she was terrified that it was soon to be wasted.

She would never want that, she couldn't allow it. She really couldn't believe that Sirius had endured everything he had for so long. Ally wasn't surprised that he went to James' house. The difference between Grimmauld Place and the Potter's was paramount and even ally felt the immediate warmth of the place when she went the one time.

She muttered a few healing spells over Sirius' body and she saw the wounds close over. He appeared to have a broken nose so she had to mutter a quick episky to fix it which caused Sirius to grunt. It was hard for Ally to hear, but she had sorted Sirius out to the best of her abilities and she gave him a soft smile when he realised she was done.

"Siri will you tell me what happened? These are claw marks?" She asked

"Will you cuddle me Allystar? James does when I'm not feeling well and it makes me feel comfortable," Sirius mumbled

"Will you tell me if I cuddle you?" She asked — Sirius nodded "do you want to be the little spoon amore mio?" She asked

Sirius nodded once more and ally moved so she could wrap her hand around Sirius' side. Sirius grabbed her hand and held it close to his chest before he brought it up to his lips and pressed a soft kiss to it.

"Remus isn't the bad guy you know Ally, he's just scared you won't accept him," he muttered "he didn't mean to hurt me," he whispered before ally heard a soft snore come out of his mouth

Ally was confused... Remus hurt Sirius? How was that even possible? She wasn't sure but she was definitely going to find out in the morning but right now she was glad that Sirius was okay. So she snuggled in closer and squeezed Sirius' hand three times before she pressed a kiss to his shoulder and fell asleep.

***

The next morning ally woke up with her head in Sirius' chest as he had both arms wrapped around her. She noticed Sirius was humming a tune and she sat up and looked at him with a small smile.

She couldn't believe she had stayed out all night and hadn't told her friends where she was? Poor Toby and Luke, did they even know that she hadn't returned? We're they even worried?? There were so many questions ally had running through her mind that she didn't know which she needed to address first.

"Morning Siri," she yawned

"Morning Allystar," He smiled moving strands of hair out of her face

"How you feeling today? I think you should go to Madame Pomfrey to make sure that I did the spells properly," she said

"Come with me?" He asked

Sirius remembered what he had muttered about Remus before falling asleep and realised he had messed up so he wanted to try and get Ally and Remus back together or at least speaking to one another. Ally stood up and held Sirius' hand as they walked towards the hospital wing.

She was wondering what was going through his mind because he didn't look like he was in pain so she assumed he was only doing this to appease her. She really wasn't very clever with things like this so she didn't really pick up on the hints that he was giving her.

Sirius has always promised Remus he would never tell anyone about what Remus was, he'd failed once but he'd never do it again. He sure as hell was going to hint at Ally though, if she could work it out Sirius wouldn't have told her and then Remus could see that ally was accepting and would care for Remus regardless.

They arrived at the hospital wing and ally was pulled away from Sirius and into a tight hug by toby who ran a hand through her hair and let out a loud sigh.

"Where on Merlin's balls have you bloody been!" He hissed "do you know how worried Luke and I were when you didn't arrive at the bloody astronomy tower after an hour!" He lectured

"I know I'm sorry," ally said sheepishly

"We were slightly terrified sweetie, where were you?" Luke asked hugging her equally as tight when Toby let her go — Toby and Luke were like her parents, and she felt extremely guilty "is that blood?" Luke shrieked as they came away from the hug

"I—" she paused to think about what to say before Sirius cut her off

"It's not her blood. She was with me, I'd had an accident," Sirius explained

Ally saw James potter come out from behind a curtain rubbing his eyes and running a hand through his hair. She was very confused but decided to give him a big wave which he kindly returned and walked over to where everyone was.

James was exhausted, it had been a particularly hard full moon for the group as Moony had been extremely frustrated which hadn't helped the transformation. They knew no matter how exhausted they felt, Remus would have felt so much worse.

"What's the commotion about here?" He asked as he joined the group

"Ally disappeared last night!" Luke cried exasperatedly

"Oi, look I didn't disappear! Sirius was hurt ok! I had to help him!" She argued

The next thing Madame Pomfrey pulled the curtain ally saw Remus laying there with scratches on his face too. She walked over and gasped as she held his hand tightly. She moved a strand of hair out of his face and couldn't believe that Remus looked so angelic while sleeping despite the pain that he looked to be in.

She brought his hand to her mouth and slowly pressed a kiss to his fingertips.

"She likes him a lot more than she lets on," Luke muttered

"Don't we all know it," James muttered

"Do you think he'd ever—" Toby started

"Not unless she worked it out," Sirius cut off

The group of boys watched the exchange between Ally, Peter and a sleeping Remus in blissful silence. Secretly praying that they would finally get their act together and work themselves out.

***

Unedited

Thank-you for 22k on this book! It's amazing, but please please comment to let me know what you guys are thinking!

See you next time, rhi x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

664K 22.9K 120
๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฌ๏ฟฝ...
21.2K 1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...
57.7K 1.8K 16
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ .หšแตŽโ”Š ๐—Œ๐—๐—‹๐–บ๐—‡๐—€๐–พ๐—‹๐—Œ โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”:๏ฝฅโ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘”๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘  ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘ , ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ , ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘”...
28.2K 567 14
"๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ด, ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ." ***** ๐ŸŒธ๐Œ๐š๐ซ๐š๐ฎ๐๏ฟฝ...