Little Miss Maisy

By MiniMe_fandoms

After a nasty divorce, and some custody issues-Maisy finally makes it back home. Maisy Rose was taken away w... More

Trackers
𝕒𝕖𝕀π•₯𝕙𝕖π•₯π•šπ•”π•€
Chapter one: Re-introductions
Chapter two: Here we go
Chapter three: My light and stars
Chapter four: Love is in the air
Chapter five: Hurricane Maisy
Chapter six: The Starry room
Chapter seven: Bubbles
Chapter eight: Final words
Chapter nine: Maisy takes on Eric
Chapter ten: Unfinished
Chapter eleven: This Sh*t is Bananas!
Chapter twelve: The mystery becomes history
Chapter thirteen: Jeanie's creation and a glorious mess
Chapter fourteen: The fault in the vase
Chapter fifteen: Questioning Eloise
Chapter sixteen: A day in the life of Maisy Rose
Chapter seventeen: Our sunshine
Chapter eighteen: Everyone has their own battles
Chapter nineteen: Lucky
Chapter twenty: Don't poke the bear
Chapter twenty-one: The calm before the storm
Chapter twenty-two: Maisy's dillemas, and an unbroken home
Chapter twenty-three: Filling in the gaps
Chapter twenty-four: The trip, a lie, and the ar(gumen)t of monopoly
Chapter twenty-five: Sleepy nights, and stuffies rights
Chapter twenty-six: Maisy's favorite, The Game! Plus hidden talents
Chapter twenty-seven: The thing about babies
Chapter twenty-eight: Kennedy Grace, and Maisy's ongoing fascination
Chapter twenty-nine: The beauty of rain
Chapter thirty: A day of splashes and love
Chapter thirty-one: The one all about lobsters
Chapter thirty-two: Sass reveals itself
Chapter thirty-three: A break from reality
Chapter thirty four: Ballerinas
Chapter thirty-five: Spookity dookity, the Halloween special
Chapter thirty-six: The glue that holds us together; Maisy.
Chapter thirty-seven: Enjoying the little things
Chapter thirty-eight: We're almost there
Chapter thirty-nine: Oopsie-Daisy
β€’ Le Grand Finale β€’
~ QUICK NEWS BEFORE THE BONUS ~
β€’ I promised a Bonus β€’
Final Bonus | Lots of love β™‘οΈŽ
Guess what book is COMPLETED?!
?

Chapter fourty: Final Goodbyes and Tying up loose ends

7.7K 203 20
By MiniMe_fandoms

1

"What do you think he wants?" Sawyer and Cassidy were walking to Chases office together, Sawyer came for moral support (and for the taco place that just opened near it.)

"I'm not sure...I'm hoping he isn't going to ask me to come work for him again. It was utterly exhausting when I had to turn him down last time."

Cassidy thought back to when he called her to 'double check' and told her to sleep on it. But she knew what she wanted.

It had been two days since they ran into Chase on some sidewalk, and the curiosity has been eating away at Cassidy. Likely the main reason she even agreed to meet with him again.

Chase was vague about the details, only saying that it was a conversation that deserved better than to be told over a phone.

Sawyer and Cassidy split up right in front of the office, Cassidy went in, and Sawyer walked to the taco place.

•.                                         •.                                  •.

"Ms. Rose, it's always a pleasure."

Chase shook Cassidys hand before he offered her a seat in a big chair in front of his desk.

"Thank you for meeting with me today, I wanted to talk with you about your restaurant." He folded his hands together, making Cassidy a little suspicious.

"I already told you it's doing just fine, I'm staying with my own restaurant." Chase only smiled at her, waiting for her to finish.

"I know. You were very clear about that, I wanted to talk about something else." Chase slid over a check to Cassidy, and her eyes widened when she saw the number written on it.

"What the hell is this?" She didn't touch it, just stared back up at Chase.

"I want to invest in you. I believe that any restaurant being run by you will be successful, and I want in." Chase leaned in with a serious face, and Cassidy continued to stare.

He went on to explain the hard ships of owning a restaurant, and that he's willing to pay for some of it if it means success.

•.                                        •.                                  •.

"What are we supposed to do with it?" Miles refused to touch the urn, and let Beau grab it out of the box.

"Well...We can each say our goodbyes, and we can go spread some of it somewhere she loved."

Eric had a small smile on his face and handed Maisy the bubble wrap. "You know, far away from Dad."

They all shared a smile at that, towards the end Wyatt and Darlene really did despise each other.

Maisy stayed out of the conversation and sat on the opposite side of the room with Teddy and the bubble wrap.

"I had an idea of what to do with some of her, we could make something." Beau looked over the urn, examining every inch of it.

Miles and Eric looked at him with semi disgusted faces. "Did you say make something out of her?"

Beau rolled his eyes at them and set the urn down on the coffee table. "Yes, haven't you seen that you can have ashes turned into small decorations, fireworks, I guess plants, jewelry, records, some people get tattoos-"

Miles stopped him before he went any further. "Yeah, yeah. We got it."

Amber smiled at Beau's words though. "I like that."

They sat in silence for a moment, well-Almost silent. Maisy was still popping the bubble wrap as if her life depended on it.

"Hey guys! Oh...did Mom come?" Cassidy set the bag of tacos on the counter, deciding they can wait for now.

"That's what he said." Miles gave Eric a disgusted look and smacked him upside the head. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Beau normally would've scolded them, but this time he just let it slide.

"Yeah..." Cassidy walked up to Beau, taking the remains of what was once their mother into her hands. "...wow."

Sawyer was right behind her, and put a comforting hand on her back. "Are you okay?"

Cassidy nodded, but the mood changed and it looked as if she was trying not to cry. "Yeah...yeah, I'm okay."

After another quiet moment, Cassidy handed it back to Beau. "Hey, I'm just gonna be a minute. Tacos are on the counter if you're hungry."

After that, Cassidy disappeared upstairs for a little while.

•.                         Two weeks later.                      •.

"I know you don't exactly love getting dressed in the morning, but you can't go outside half naked."

Cassidy helped Maisy step into a pair of leggings, paired with a white shirt.

Today was the day they get to say their goodbyes. The last words to their mother at this little ceremony.

In reality, they were just talking to an urn. But it was still meaningful, they were making the best out of it.

They were having it in a park near the house, Darlene used to take them for family bonding when they were younger.

Maisy huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "I don't wanna skip ballet class."

Cassidy looked over Maisy, straightening her shirt and tucking some stray hairs behind the little girls ear.

"Well, this is very important. We're saying goodbye to Momma, and we're celebrating her life." Maisy's lip stuck out a little at the mention of her Momma, she still misses her very deeply, as any four year old should.

"I don't want to say goodbye to Momma."

Cassidy put a small smile on her face to keep herself and Maisy calm, while stroking her hair. "I know baby, but it's really important that we do."

"It's important to celebrate Mommy's life. She wouldn't want you to be sad, would she?" Maisy pretended to rub her eye to itch it, but was hiding a tear as she shook her head.

"Exactly. Mom would want you to see you grow up to be a strong happy young lady. But it's normal to be sad today, okay?"

Maisy nodded and then leaned forward into Cassidys chest, while Cassidy hugged her back.

•. •. •.

"Alright...I know we all have our own feelings about Darlene. But she was our mom, and she deserves a final goodbye."

Beau set the urn on a faded wooden table that sat near a fountain. At the familiar park where they had many family picnics, played when they were little, and where they bring Maisy to play on the nearby playground.

They all stood around the table, Sawyer and Amber next to their partners and Maisy in Cassidys arms.

"Uh...I took a little bit of the ashes and I had it turned into this." Beau took a necklace out of his pocket, a silver chain with a small dark tinted diamond.

It was made for Maisy, of course the chain was a little long because of how small she is, but Beau clipped it around her anyways.

They all smiled as Maisy quietly examined it in her fingers, being careful not to drop Teddy as she did.

They went on to have their individual moments with Darlene, the rest of them went for a small walk while one of the siblings said goodbye.

•.                                      •.                                  •.

Beau's moment:

"Hey Mom..."

Beau was quiet for a moment, trying to think of something meaningful he could say. Some sort of memorable way to say goodbye.

"It's been a while, huh?" Beau smiled to himself and picked at the cuff of his button up shirt. "I guess I don't really have much to say to you."

So for Beau's portion of their time, he just reminisced back to his childhood. When things were simple, and his parents were happy.

•.                                      •.                                   •.

Cassidys moment:

"Hey Mom."

Cassidy held the urn in her lap, running her hands over the smooth metal as she quietly spoke.

"You've missed a lot...Maisy's growing up." Cassidy laughed through the tears that were forming in her eyes. "She really loves music from the 80's."

Cassidy wiped a tear that escaped away with her thumb and kept talking. "You'd really love her now, she's into ballet and her stuffed animals."

"I wish you were still here...or that you would've came back."

"I have a girlfriend now, her names Sawyer...she's pretty awesome." Cassidy glanced behind her at Sawyer, she was playing with Maisy and trying to keep her content.

"The restaurant is doing good, I actually own it now." Cassidy said it with a hint of pride, deep down she actually never fully believed she could do it.

She continued to talk, telling Darlene more about Sawyer, and a couple stories about the restaurant.

Soon after she went, it was Miles' turn.

His only took a few minutes, telling her about Amber. It just felt plain weird to him to be talking to a metal pot, so he kept it short and to the point.

Sure enough, Eric didn't want to say anything. So Maisy went next. With some moral support of course.

"S' okay Teddy...everything's okay." She clutched Teddy closer to her and took a deep breath in as she looked at the urn that her Momma is in.

Beau and Cassidy stayed close by in case she needed them, but she insisted that she could do it alone.

"...Hi Momma. Beauy says that you're in there. Kinda like a genie."

Maisy rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, a little nervous. "And Cassidy said that I shouldn't be sad because you don't want us to be."

Maisy thought to herself for a second before walking forward and gently kissing the urn.

"I love you Momma."

•.                                       •.                                   •.

After the emotional day in the park, Cassidy and Sawyer decided to stay behind and continue walking through it.

The fresh air seemed to be helping Cassidy feel better.

"I think it's sweet that Beau had some of the ashes turned into a little diamond for Maisy, something she can keep forever."

Sawyer squeezed Cassidys hand a little tighter as they walked down the sidewalk.

"Yeah...I wish I had something like that. Meaningful and sticks around forever." Cassidy thought of how Maisy would grow up with that piece of their mom.

Sawyer frowned and looked at Cassidy as they stopped walking. "I can be your thing that sticks around forever."

Cassidy smiled but gave Sawyer a look. "Yeah right, what are you gonna do? Marry me?"

Sawyer smiled and just shrugged, making Cassidys eyes widen. "Really?"

Sawyer order and they kept walking at a slow pace. "I mean, yeah. You're my best girl, Casserole."

Cassidy smiled a little bigger and looked back at Sawyer. "You're my best girl too, Soy Sauce."

____________________________

Who's ready for the final chapters that are coming??

(There might just be a lil bonus in there *wink wink*)

Ooh- Commitment of SASS

How do you guys think it'll end?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

504K 9.4K 51
On April 1st a babygirl was born but she was switched with another babygirl. Her parents and brothers didn't notice the change and yet there was anot...
859K 45.5K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
1M 23K 189
"i can't fall for him again." [ocxmarksloan season 3-? ]
Princess By Maiya

Teen Fiction

365K 7.3K 44
Ariel Waters had a pretty normal life for a 17 year old girl. She lived with her mom, dad and 18 year old brother Eric. Having a brother one year o...