Soft Whispers - Fred Weasley...

By uglydiaries

πƒπŽπ'𝐓 π˜πŽπ” 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 π˜πŽπ” πƒπŽ π“πŽ πŒπ„? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, πŽπ‘ ππ‹πŽπŽπƒπ˜ 𝐓... More

Author's note
[ Chapter 1 ]
[ Chapter 2 ]
[ Chapter 3 ]
[ Chapter 4 ]
[ Chapter 5 ]
[ Chapter 6 ]
[ Chapter 7 ]
A/N
[ Chapter 8 ]
[ Chapter 9 ]
[ Chapter 10 ]
[ Chapter 11 ]
[ Chapter 12 ]
[ Chapter 13 ]
[ Chapter 14 ]
[ Chapter 15 ]
[ Chapter 16 ]
[ Chapter 17 ]
[ Chapter 18 ]
[ Chapter 19 ]
[ Chapter 20 ]
[ Chapter 21 ]
[ Chapter 22 ]
[ Chapter 23 ]
[ Chapter 24 ]
[ Chapter 25 ]
[ Chapter 26 ]
[Chapter 27 ]
[ Chapter 28 ]
[ Chapter 29 ]
[ Chapter 30 ]
[ Chapter 31 ]
[ Chapter 32 ]
[ Chapter 34 ]
[ Chapter 35 ]
[ Chapter 36 ]
[ Chapter 37 ]
[ Chapter 38 ]
[ Chapter 39 ]
[ Chapter 40 ]
[ Chapter 41 ]
[ Chapter 42 ]
[ Chapter 43 ]
[ Chapter 44 ]
[ Chapter 45 ]
[ Chapter 46 ]
[ Chapter 47 ]
[ Chapter 48 ]
[ Chapter 49 ]
[ Chapter 50 ]
[ Chapter 51 ]
[ Chapter 52 ]
[ Chapter 53]
[ Chapter 54 ]
Surprise <3
[ Chapter 55 ]
[ Chapter 56 ]
[ Chapter 57 ]
[Chapter 58]
[ Chapter 59 ]
[ Chapter 60 ]
[ Chapter 61 ]
Author Note <3
[ Chapter 62 ]
[ Chapter 63 ]
[ Chapter 64 ]
[ Chapter 65 ]
[ Chapter 66 ]

[ Chapter 33 ]

3.1K 64 73
By uglydiaries

(y/n) stirred in her sleep as she heard a faint scream. She slowly opened her eyes as darkness filled them. Fred was sleeping peacefully next to her in his bed- an arm wrapped protectively over her.

After making out and some more kissing the two had slipped upstairs and called it a night. She still felt over the moon about the outcome of their relationship even though they hadn't specified what they were to each other. It still didn't feel real to her.

"Freddie," she said slightly shaking him.

"Mhmm?"

"I think someone just screamed."

"(Y/n) it's probably-"

"AHHHHHHHH!"

Fred opened his eyes- bolting straight upward as he locked eyes with her. Lee and Wren who were currently all tangled up together opened their eyes as they sat up.

"Did someone jut scream?" George asked.

"C'mon let's go see what's going on," (Y/n) said getting out of Fred's bed and heading down to the common room.

The common room was lit with a glow of a dying fire, still littered with the debris from the party.

"What's going on?" Angelina asked as she went to go stand next to them. George only shrugged as he put an arm around her- brining her in closer to his chest.

"Black! Sirius Black! With a knife!" Ron yelled, "I saw him."

(Y/n) looked up and met eyes with Fred, she knew there was a possibility he might be able to find his way into the castle but with the dementors and the safety of Hogwarts it felt unlikely.

"What?"

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming Ron?"

"I'm telling you," Ron said moving forward towards the center of the common room so everyone could see him. "I saw him!"

"Professor McGonagall told us to go to bed, what is going on?" Percy said coming down from the staircase. As (y/n) looked around she realized that more people had started to fill the common room to see what all the commotion was about.

"Perce- Sirius Black!" Ron said faintly. "In our room with a knife! He woke me up!"

The common room went still as everyone looked at each other. (Y/n) felt a hand slip into hers and she looked up to see Fred giving her a small smile.

"Nonsense!" Percy said, shaking his head but there was a faint startled look on his face. "You had too much to eat Ron- had a nightmare."

"I'm telling you-"

"Now, really, enough's- enough!" Professor McGonagall had entered the common room. She slammed the portrait behind her as she stared furiously around. "I am delighted that we won the quidditch cup, but this is getting ridiculous! I expected better from you Percy!"

"I certainly didn't organize this professor!" Percy said frantically. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed. My brother had a nightmare-"

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME HOLDING A KNIFE!"

"Don't be ridiculous Weasley, how could he have gotten through the portrait hole?" McGonagall said looking at him indiscreetly.

"ASK HIM!" Ron yelled, pointing a shaking finger to Sir Cadogan's picture. "Ask him if he saw-"

Glaring suspiciously at Ron, Professor McGonagall pushed back open and went outside. The whole common room held their breath as they listened.

"Sir Cadogan, did you let a man enter the Gryffindor Tower?"

"Certainly, good lady!"

There was a stunned silence, both inside and outside the common room. (Y/n) slightly squeezed Fred's hand as she looked worriedly towards Ron and Harry.

"You- You did?" Professor McGonagall said crossing her arms frantically. "But- But the password!"

"He had' em!" Sir Cadogan said proudly. "Had the whole week's m'lady! Read 'em off a little piece of paper!"

Professor McGonagall pulled herself back through the portrait hole to face the stunned crowd. She was white as chalk. "Which person," she said, her voice shaking. "Which abysmally foolish person wrote down the week's password and left them lying around?"

There was utter silence, broken by a terrified squeak- Neville Longbottom, trembling from head to toe stepped forward raising his hand.

Professor McGonagall just shook her head as she looked out towards everyone. "I need you all to stay here while we search the castle. No one is to leave," she said turning her back and walking out. She slowly stopped as she did a double take.

"Wren?" Professor McGonagall asked looking over to the blonde boy. "What are you doing here?"

"Enjoying the protection of the lions?" He said giving her a small smile.

She just shook her head. "Don't leave this common room."

***

No one in the Gryffindor tower slept that night. They knew that the castle was being searched again and the whole house stayed awake in the common room, waiting to hear whether Black had been caught. (Y/n) had a feeling that he had gotten away and her suspicious were only confirmed when Professor McGongall had come back and announced the news. She placed an arm around Ginny protectively who was dozing off on her side.

Ron was being seen as a celebrity as everyone came up to him to ask him what happened, as he told this overdramatic tell of fighting Sirius Black off. Neville, was no longer allowed to know the password and had to wait for someone to let him in. He was also banned from Hogsmeade and was given detention for the rest of the year.

The worst news yet, which (y/n) had heard from Hermione was Buckbeak's execution. She had become very fond of him and it broke her heart that he was going to be killed.

"When is it happening?" Fred asked leaning closer to her as they walked back to the common room.

"Tonight," (y/n) said sighing. "I'm going to meet up with Ron, Harry, and Hermione before it happens and visit Hagrid. We'll meet up after okay?" She asked turning towards him and placing a small kiss on his lips and she turned away.

"Whoa, hold on," Fred said with a cocky smile as he grabbed her arm and pulled her into him. Placing his lips with her as he deepened the kiss. "Now that's better. I'll see you later, love."

(Y/n) just shook her head smiling as she made her way to the library where Wren was waiting for her. She was about to enter when a hand stopped her.

"Cedric?" She asked, giving him a warm smile. "Hey, what's up?

"Is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"Are you dating Fred Weasley?"

(Y/n) looked over at him slightly confused before nodding her head. "I mean we haven't specified all the details since everything happened so fast, and then we had the Sirius Black break in but I say we're heading on that path."

Cedric gave her a small smile before nodding. "I'm happy for you," he said before walking away- leaving her alone in the corridor.

She starred at where he was only moments ago before shaking her head and entering the library. Wren was sitting in his usual spot towards the back.

"I can't wait for our OWLS to be over," she sighed leaning her body over the pile of books Wren had spread out for her.

"Oh yes, get rid of our OWLS just for our NEWTS to come into place," Wren said sarcastically. "Have you picked a career path?"

"Auror."

"Look at the badass Gryffindor," Wren said laughing. "Those Dark Wizards better watch out."

"Oh, shut it! What did you decide?"

"I was thinking of being a professor," Wren said shyly. "I know it's not that cool or anything, but-"

"Wren I think it's amazing!"

Wren gave her a gratitude smile as he opened up a potions book and started reading. They spent the next three hours studying for their upcoming OWLS. If it hadn't been for Hermione coming and getting her, she probably would of studied all throughout the night.

"Where are you guys going?" Wren asked as he collected his belongings.

"We're going to go visit Hagrid before Buckbeak's execution. You're more then welcome to join us," Hermione said with a smile. Wren nodded as he followed the girls out to the courtyard where Ron and Harry were already waiting for them.

"Come on, lets get under the cloak."

(Y/n) was currently squished next to Ron and Wren as they made their way to Hagrid's hut. Harry slightly knocked but when no answer was heard he decided to knock again.

"Hagrid, its us. We're wearing the invisibility cloak. Let us in,"

"Yeh shouldn've come," Hagrid whispered as he opened the door and stepped back so they could pile in. "Wan' some tea?" He asked with shaking hands as he reached for the kettle.

"Where's Buckbeak?" Hermione asked reluctantly as they all looked around.

"I- I took him outside," Hagrid said- spilling milk all over the table as he filled up his jug. "He's tethered in me pumpkin patch. Thought he oughta see the trees an' – an' smell fresh air- before-"

Hagrid's hand started to tumble violently, and (Y/n) got up placing her hands over his for support as she sent him a small smile.

"Isn't there anything anyone can do?" Harry asked- helping Hagrid with the tea.

"Yeah, what about Dumbledore?" Wren asked.

Hagrid only shook his head. "No, he's tired, and he's got no power ter overrule."

"Well, it doesn't matter because we're going to stay down here with you," (y/n) said.

"Yer ter go back to the castle. I told yeh, I don' wan' yeh watchin'. An' yeh shouldn' be down here anyways.... If Fudge an' Dumbledore catch yeh out without permission, yeh all be in big trouble."

Silent tears were streaming down Hermione's face and it took everything for (y/n) to not burst into tears. Then, as Hermione picked up some milk she let out a shriek.

"Ron! I- I don't believe it! It's Scabbers!

"Scabbers?" Ron said blankly. "Scabbers! What are you doing here?"

Hagrid suddenly stood up his eyes fixated on the window as he turned back to the kids. "They're coming. Yeh got to go!"

Ron stuffed Scabbers in his pocket as (y/n) grabbed Wren's hand and they raced towards the backdoor. They threw the cloak over them and exited out as Fudge and Dumbledore walked in. They walked over to a patch of pumpkins crouching down. Hermione let out a small whine nose as she tried to wipe the tears streaming down her face.

"Ow!" Ron said, "Scabbers bit me!" He said dropping the rat as it scurried off. "Scabbers come back!"

"Ron!" Harry whispered.

"What's going on?" (Y/n) asked she watched Ron run from out of the invisibility cloak after his rat. Ron slid in the grass catching Scabbers in his hand as he sighed in relief.

"Come on we got to get back to the castle," (Y/n) said looking out towards the sky. It was getting dark, and she knew curfew was about to go into place.

"(Y/n)! Harry! Hermione! Wren! Behind you!" Ron screamed pointing a shaking finger. (Y/n) twirled around to see a black dog pounding on the ground and he snarled- lunging forward and biting down on Ron's leg.

"RON!"

(Y/n) tried to take a step forward to reach Ron, but a hard force knocked her backwards.

"(Y/n) are you okay?" Harry asked as he ran next to her and helped her up. Another branch whipped through the air almost knocking Wren on his back.

"(Y/n)! Transform. It'll be the easiest way through the Whopping Willow tree," Wren called out.

"Transform?" Hermione asked looking confused. (Y/n) took a shaky breath as she and Wren transformed together. She felt her body get smaller as she ran under each breath effortlessly, distracting the tree to give Harry and Hermione time to run through.

"You're animagus?" Hermione asked looking at them confused when they had finally reached them. "That's illegal!"

"And we just saved your butts, now come on. Lumos." (Y/n) said pushing them further into the passageway. "Where do you think this goes?"

"I have an idea," Harry said. "I just hope I'm wrong."

(Y/n) looked around the hallway trying to get a grasp of where they were. Her eyes fell on a wooden chair that was entirely ripped to pieces and she instantly knew they were in the Shrieking Shack. 

A creak was heard overhead, and the teens made their way up the stairs trying their best to not make any noise.

"Nox," (Y/n) whispered as she dimmed the light to her wand. It was best they go unseen. She opened the door slowly as they peered inside. Ron was sprawled out on a queen size bed. His leg bleeding profoundly.

"Ron? Are you okay?" Hermione asked coming into the room and rushing by his side.

"Harry! It's a trap-"

"What-"

"He's the dog... He's an animagus..."

(Y/n) turned around fast, wand pointed out as the door closed behind them. He was filthy, covered from head to toe in dirt. His eyes were hollow, as no light shined through them. There was no doubt in her mind that Sirius Black was standing in front of them.

"Expelliarmus!" He croaked pointing Ron's wand at them. (Y/n)'s wand flew straight out of her hand. "I thought you might come to help your friend," he said looking at them.

"We're not scared of you," (Y/n) said stepping forward.

"Yes, we are." Ron whimpered as Hermione pulled him closer to her.

"You really are Amelia Potter's daughter aren't you? She was just as fierce as you. Always stood up for her friends."

"Potter?" Harry asked, looking over to her. "Your mom is a Potter?"

(Y/n) just nodded her head slightly as she looked back to Sirius. "If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" she said fiery, not backing down.

"There will only be one murder tonight," Sirius said widening his grin.

"Then it'll be you," Harry said lunging forward and tackling him to the ground. Sirius Black only laughed as Harry pointed his wand at him.

"Are you going to kill me Harry?"

"Expelliarmus!"

(Y/n) felt Wren grab her hand as they looked up to Lupin entering the room. "Well, well Sirius, looking rather ragged aren't we? Finally, the flesh reflects the madness."

"Well, you would know all about the madness within, wouldn't you Remus?"

(Y/n) looked over, not knowing if what she was seeing was right as Remus helped Sirius up and brought him into a hug. "NO!" She said, stepping forward to help Harry up. "I trusted you!"

"All this time you were helping him?" Hermione said stepping next to them. "He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes" She said causing Wren to do a doubletake.

"How long have you known?"

"Since Snape did the essay."

"You've been helping him this whole time!" Harry said shaking his head.

"I haven't just let me explain," he said reaching over and throwing them their wands. (Y/n) caught hers effortlessly and she pointed it directly at them. She had never perfected wordless magic, but she knew she might have to do it to give them an advantage of getting out of here.

"If you haven't been helping him, how'd you know he was here?"

"The map," Lupin said stepping forward. "The Marauder's map. I was in my office- examining it-"

"You know how to use it?"

"Of course, I do, I helped make it. I'm Moony. At first I thought the map might be malfunctioning, because how could he possibly be with you."

"No one else was with us," Harry cried out.

"And then I saw another dot, moving fast towards you. I watched as he pulled two of you down towards the tree."

"Only one of us!" Ron called out.

"No, Ron." Lupin said shaking his head. "Two. Do you think I could see your rat?"

"What does Scabbers have to do with it?"

"Everything, can I please see him?" It took some time to convince Ron, but eventually he pulled Scabbers out of his pocket and handed it to Lupin.

"That's no rat," croaked Sirius.

"No, he's not," Lupin agreed examining it.

"What do you mean?" Wren asked.

"An animagus," Sirius said. "By the name of Peter Pettigrew."

A/N: Sorry, I know Fred isn't really in this chapter but I promise to make it up to all of you next chapter. Expect lots of fluff. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 61.8K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...
11.7K 144 22
This story was previously named "The Things You Do To Me." And "The Blue Rose" - The Main antagonist in this story; Voldemort. When Voldemort recrui...
110K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
100K 2.4K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...