Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 94

294 17 7
By Veikari

Freed woke up in the morning, looking at the clock.

"Laxus", he whispered when turning towards the blond. "It's already nine, we should get up."

"Don't want to", Laxus grunted not opening his eyes. He had a few drinks during the night but not enough to cause him a hangover. He was just feeling tired.

"I'm sure Felix is already up, we can't make Roscoe watch after him the whole morning", Freed chuckled.

"Sure we can, let's just not get up yet", Laxus said wrapping his arm around his husband and pulled him closer. "See? It's this simple."

"We need to go talk with Master Bob", Freed reminded amused. "And go back home. If everything goes fine, we can get back to Magnolia by the evening."

Laxus huffed and he brushed his face with his hand with a small groan. Freed smiled and kissed him gently.

"Fine, I'm awake", Laxus finally grunted and opened his eyes, looking at the rune mage. "Feeling okay?" he asked.

"Yes actually", Freed nodded and he sat up. "And it surprised me."

"Don't push yourself", Laxus said as he sat up and gently kissed Freed's neck. "We can wait a moment."

"I'm alright", Freed assured, patting Laxus' hand. "I want to go see how Felix is doing anyway", he said and got up from the bed, heading towards the bathroom to take a shower.

After a while, when they were both ready, they left the room and could hear voices from the big living room that was meant for the guild members and their guests to relax together. Freed and Laxus walked in seeing Felix, Chester and Theophilius already awake and with Bickslow and Roscoe. Bickslow was amusing them by tossing around some bottles while making them juice to drink.

"Good morning", Freed said as they came to the bar counter.

"Morning mama", Felix smiled. "Dad is awake too."

"Yeah", Laxus grunted and he sat down on a lounge chair near the counter.

"So what can I get to you guys?" Bickslow smirked.

"I'll take tea and I think Laxus wants to have a big mug of coffee", Freed smiled and he sat down beside Felix.

"I don't really understand why people have so many bottles with weird drinks assembled like that, but it is really funny to see Bickslow tossing them around", Theophilius giggled while holding a coconut cup which had a straw and a little paper umbrella. He was sitting on the counter and looking at Chester who as behind the counter with Bickslow.

"Chester wanted to learn that too", Felix said to Freed.

"I see", Freed said amused. "Well in that case, could you make me some iced tea?"

"What kind?" Chester asked.

"You can surprise me."

"Okay", Chester nodded and he looked at Bickslow.

"You can use these glasses", the seith mage said, showing the tall glasses and step by step Chester managed to make a basic herbal tea with ice and a slice of lemon.

He set the glass on top of Pippi who giggled and flew over to Freed.

"Thank you", he said taking the glass and took a sip. "This is quite good", he praised and Chester blushed slightly, muttering something.

"Make me a big cup of black coffee", Laxus said.

"That's easy", Chester said and he went to pour some coffee in the biggest mug he could find and then let Peppe to bring it over for Laxus. "Just the way I like it", the Thunder God smirked taking the mug.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to let him be there?" Roscoe asked and he was sipping coffee as well. "With all that alcohol and stuff."

"Don't be so serious, baby", Bickslow cackled waving his hand. "He's a smart kid, he won't drink those things", he said ruffling Chester's hair.

"I don't like alcohol, I've seen lots and lots of drunkards on the streets", Chester said looking at Roscoe. "I'm never going to drink alcohol."

"You don't have to if you don't want to, ever", Roscoe said. "No matter what."

"That is true", Freed nodded. "You never have to do anything someone tries to tell you to do if you don't want to do it."

"Yeah?" Felix asked.

"Yes. Except when we tell you to eat your vegetables."

"Oh..."

They were talking some more and after a while Evergreen joined them in the living room. Felix was a bit confused how they were the only ones in the living room. Wasn't anyone else awake yet? He got down from his stool and walked to Laxus who was watching the big lacrimavision.

"Why isn't Master Bob here yet?" he asked.

"He'll be here", Laxus said. "You heard what they said, he was visiting another town but will be back today."

"But he's here already", Felix said and now Laxus looked at him. "We saw him."

"What? When?" Laxus asked with a frown.

"Uh, um... Yesterday, when we couldn't sleep", Felix murmured and he realized he had just revealed how they had been sneaking around during the night. "And we wanted to see what you all were doing..."

"So you left your room without a permission and walked around the hotel during the night?"

"Not around, we only went down with the elevator and in the ballroom where you were", Felix assured quickly. "And then we came back with Master Bob right away."

Laxus was about to say something, when they heard steps from he doorway.

"We're gonna talk about that later", he said and got up from his seat, turning towards Bob who came in with Hibiki, Ren and Eve.

Felix sighed, but he quickly forgot that when looking at Bob again. He was still wearing a skirt and a pink top which looked a bit odd at first, but in some way they also suited him. The man looked interesting and his red lips were smiling, which made him look gentle even if otherwise he might look even a bit intimidating. He was a big man after all.

He looked at others and saw Bickslow and Chester going around the bar counter and Freed and Evergreen got up as well. Roscoe was a bit of a different story though. The man blinked and he looked more than surprised when he could finally see the Master of Blue Pegasus. He didn't look what he was expecting, considering how others in the guild were wearing suits and such.

Master Bob just smiled as he tiptoed to them with his cute pink shoes. He could see that surprise on Roscoe's face and it was really amusing, it was always funny to surprise people.

"Good morning you all", he said happily to them. "It is so wonderful to see you all after such a long time."

"Master Bob", Laxus said with a nod.

"You know you can actually call me just Bob now?" Bob chuckled looking at the blond. "Master Laxus", he teased and Laxus rolled his eyes.

"It's just a habit", he grunted.

"Still as grumpy as ever, it's so cute", Bob tittered patting Laxus' arm. "But that grumpiness is not enough to hide that big and soft heart you have inside you."

"Whatever", Laxus grumbled with a small blush.

"And Evergreen, oh sweetheart", Bob smiled holding out his hands and Evergreen chuckled, taking them.

"Master Bob", she said and they gave kisses to each others cheeks. "It's good to see you're doing so well."

"Of course I am! This beauty never fades", Bob said with a theatrically shy wink.

"I'm here too!" Bickslow grinned hopping beside the bald man.

"Of course you are, Bickslow!" Bob chuckled and they bumped their hips together. "And this man here, he must be the older brother of yours I've heard of", he said looking at Roscoe who finally managed to get up from his stool. "No need to be shy, darling. I'm really happy to meet you after hearing so much about you."

"Uh... Nice to meet you, I'm Roscoe", Roscoe managed to say clumsily.

"I'm guessing I'm nothing like you were expecting?"

"I don't mean to be rude", Roscoe assured quickly.

"I know that, honey", Bob smiled gently. "You were just surprised. But who is this stunningly glowing creature I see here?" he said looking at Freed who smiled amused.

"It's good to see you again, Master Bob", he said with a nod.

"And always so polite", Bob chuckled coming closer. "Can the old man have this tiny wish?" he smiled and it did surprise Freed a bit.

"I guess that is alright", he said, feeling maybe a little embarrassed because of such a request. Bob just smiled and his hands touched the small bump and oddly, it had a bit of a calming effect.

"Why do you feel embarrassed?" the old man asked softly.

"I'm just not used to people wanting to do that", Freed said.

"People don't get too close I believe?"

"That is true."

"Yes. Because what most of them see is just a pregnant man, something that shouldn't exist", Bob said. "When we're talking with logic, that is. Magic is unfamiliar area for most people, it's even scary to them. It's understandable, people often get scared of something that is not familiar to them", he smiled and pulled his hands back. "Because imagining what's under the surface, it's a lot harder than one might think."

"I'm aware of the fact that not everyone thinks this is alright", Freed nodded. "But I don't think I should feel ashamed because of it."

"That's good", Bob smiled. "Because you shouldn't. Just because something is unusual, doesn't make it a bad thing. If anything, I think there are not many things more beautiful than this in the world what magic could possibly do. Naturally, this is only one way to have a family but it doesn't make it any more less important to those who can have this opportunity."

Freed nodded and he smiled when looking how Bob went to greet Felix, Chester and Theophilius. He knew he had no reason to be ashamed of his situation, even if it was quite odd. But in the end, if he was honest, maybe he was. Not because he was regretting it or because it was wrong, it was simply because of how some people looked at them. They were confused, some even disgusted.

Laxus stepped beside him.

"You okay?" he whispered.

"I'm always amazed of his abilities to see right through everyone", Freed said with a small chuckle. "Don't worry, I'm fine."

Laxus nodded, but he was still a bit worried.

"If someone says something stupid -" he started but Freed lifted his hand.

"I know, you'll make sure it won't happen again", he smiled. "And I appreciate that", he assured and Laxus grunted.

Finally they all sat down and Bob looked at the clock on the wall.

"Now where on Earth could they still be?" he said. "We promised we would meet up all here in time."

"Who?" Laxus asked looking at Bob. "Were we supposed to meet someone else too?"

"We didn't agree anything, but I took the liberty to call some backup", Bob chuckled mysteriously.

"We just got a message, they're coming up", Hibiki said from the doors.

"Oh, this is splendid. I know this will be fun."

"What are you planning?" Laxus asked narrowing his eyes.

"Don't be so suspicious, Laxus. I wouldn't do anything that might cause any harm."

"I've learned it ages ago that you old farts can do exactly that if it amuses you", Laxus growled.

"Who are you calling an old fart, brat?" they heard a chuckle and looked at the doors.

Spiked collars were shining as three members of Quatro Cerberus came in. Bacchus looked already wasted and Rocker huffed with a small smile, crossing his arms as they stayed behind. Goldmine gave them all a smirk, stepping beside their chairs.

"Who would have thought that I would live long enough to have to join in a meeting with Makarov's little grandson?" he said.

"Hell, I was sure you would die long before I would have to deal with you", Laxus snorted with a smirk.

"Hey, it's Bacchus and Rocker!" Bickslow cackled. "Haven't seen you guys for a while!"

"What are you talking about? I can see you three just fine!" Bacchus laughed loudly while swaying.

"He said... Nevermind", Rocker said rubbing his forehead.

"So why did Bob call Quatro Puppies here?" Laxus asked.

"Oh yeah, that nickname one of your guild mates forced us to take during the Grand Magic Games years ago", Goldmine huffed amused.

"To his defense, what Bacchus was demanding if he won Elfman was a lot worse", Freed reminded.

"Yeah, I can't deny that", Goldmine nodded. "We have had a little chat with Bacchus about that since then. But anyway, we're now here so feel free to explain us the whole situation what has happened. We understood that we could help protecting some town?"

"We're not gonna beg for your help if you're thinking about that", Laxus said immediately and it made Goldmine laugh loudly.

"I know that", he said sitting down. "So I'm not even trying to suggest something like that. We're here purely because we know that if this enemy of yours manages to do whatever he's going to do, it will eventually bring problems to us. Two towns have already been destroyed, it's not difficult to imagine what would happen if we won't stop them now."

"So let's all get along now", Bob smiled and Hibiki, Ren and Eve served them drinks. "And talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.6K 2.3K 108
A young mage who was hunted in the past for her magic, joins the Fairytail guild as a last resort to her finally finding happiness. Will Fairytail fi...
41.4K 1K 33
He's just a shy, green haired kid who comes across a guildhall in Magnolia. Not much is known about his past, and not many people try to question it...
178K 3.9K 52
Gajeel is assigned to spy on Raventail for Master Makarov when he finds Ivan's little secret. Ivan's daughter, Maylene Dreyar, and poor Maylene is af...
62.6K 2.7K 55
"Sometimes the brothers that you need in life are fosters." Cold, sadistic, and a hint of crazy describes the pyromaniac perfectly. Never choosing to...