Harry Potter and the Bucket L...

By Darkpetal16

Being reincarnated as Harry Potter's fraternal twin sister really puts a new meaning behind "death is but the... More

Pre-School 1
Pre-School 2
Pre-School 3
Pre-School 4
Pre-School 5
Year 1 - 1
Year 1 - 2
Year 1 - 3
Year 1 - 4
Year 1 - 5
Year 1 - 6
Year 1 - 7
Year 1 - 8
Year 2 - 1
Year 2 - 2
Year 2 - 3
Year 2 - 4
Year 2 - 5
Year 2 - 6
Year 2 - 7
Year 2 - 8
Year 3 - 1
Year 3 - 2
Year 3 - 3
Year 3 - 4
Year 3 - 5
Year 4 - 1
Year 4 - 2
Year 4 - 3
Year 4 - 4
Year 4 - 5
Year 4 - 6 (The Yule Ball)
Year 4 - 7
Year 4 - 8
Year 4 - 9
Year 4 - 10
Year 5 - 1
Year 5 - 3
Year 5 - 4
Year 5 - 5
Year 5 - 6
Year 5 - 7 (Wand Monogamy)
Year 5 - 8
Year 5 - 9
Year 5 - 10 (Rosier Raid)
Year 5 - 11
Year 5 - 12
Year 5 - 13
Year 5 - 14
Year 5 - 15
Year 5 - 16
Year 5 - 17
Year 6 - 1
Year 6 - 2
Year 6 - 3
Year 6 - 4
Year 6 - 5
Year 6 - 6
Year 6 - 7 (Tom's Interlude)
Year 6 - 8
Year 6 - 9
Epilogue - Year 7
Epilogue - Graduation
The Bucket List / Q&A
NewGame+ 1
NewGame+ 2

Year 5 - 2

10.8K 683 520
By Darkpetal16

Beta: Cloudy

Surprise! :p

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

Things were going as well as they could be for summer. I was being tutored by Tom in math; a school had been built in Lunar's Orchid for magic and non-magic fluff babehs that was supervised by Odette; I could turn into a fox and be fluffy whenever I wanted; my ads were drawing in candidates for the teaching position; and best of all I completed the hybrid potion that combined all my previous potions into one (painless transformation, instant transformation, and perfect lucidity) for my fluffy children...

The only hiccup was Harry.

I loved my brother, truly I did. No matter what I would still love and care for him.

Even if, on occasion, I wanted to hit him repeatedly with a pillow.

It wasn't entirely Harry's fault. I did remember in the books that it was around the fifth year that Harry's hormones came a'knockin' and the baby boy didn't know how to deal with his spikes of anger. Some of that was due to biology, and some of it might have been because of his Horcrux. I had mine sealed up nicely so I didn't get any kind of second-hand nonsense from Voldemort but Harry was still in the early stages of learning Occlumency.

Sirius was a good godfather, but he lacked a certain intuition that made him...

Well.

Sirius would be better suited as a fun uncle rather than a father. He rarely enforced his own restrictions, more inclined to let us run freely. Had I not been an adult at the start I could only imagine the unintentional damage that could have occurred from his accidental neglect. He clearly loved us and did his best, but children needed a stern hand alongside the fun one.

Sirius was not the disciplinarian. Remus fulfilled that role on occasion, but he didn't live with us constantly and he had moved to Grimmauld's Place at the start of summer. Soon he'd probably be moving in with Tonks and starting his own happy little family.

I tried to be firm with Harry when I could, but my darling brother...

It was hard to enforce the rules myself when I was technically his younger twin and not an adult. If I physically restrained him from doing something bad I'd get equally punished.

Or worse, Sirius would just laugh at both of us and there would be no punishment.

For the past—oooh—fourteen-ish years that had been fine. Harry was such a sweetie pie. He had a good head on his shoulders (courtesy of Remus) and understood that rules were meant to be followed. Everything would have stayed fine if it weren't for his... changes.

Fifteen years old, puberty came, and boom.

Now my sweet, demure Harry was set off over tiny little things. If he finished a book with a bad ending he'd literally throw it into the fire.

They were short, those bursts of anger, but explosive enough to startle me at times.

Don't get me wrong, I never felt like I was in danger. Harry never raised a fist at me, nor pulled out his wand. The worst of it was a raised voice and venomous words.

Unluckily for me, I had also reached puberty which meant that even if I intellectually knew Harry didn't mean what he said, sometimes my heart took it way too personal.

Honestly, it was pretty embarrassing.

I didn't even know half the things that would set Harry off, nor did I understand why it aggravated him so. I did try to listen, but I quickly learned that if I tried to do anything close to disagreeing he'd flip out further and hurl hurtful words. I did my best not to react, but there was one evening where my own teenage hormones got the best of me.

I was on the living room couch working on my nails when Harry came in.

I didn't remember what started the argument. Maybe he stubbed his toe and I said something sassy or maybe I accidentally talked to Tom out loud and Harry got sassy with me.

It ended up with Harry quite literally screaming, "Stop telling me what to do! You think that because you're smart you know what's best for me? You're not my mom, stop acting like it."

He was absolutely right—I was not Lily, nor would I ever try to claim to be but—

My eyes burned, and my throat itched. I opened my mouth to respond, but only squeaks came out.

Harry's face was flushed, his expression caught between instant regret and hot anger. He didn't mean what he said, but in that heat of the moment, he was too prideful to back down or show remorse. He settled on continuing to glare at me.

Eventually something inside me just... broke.

It wasn't the, uh, stressful year before that made me cry. Wasn't the torture done to me at the end of said year.

Nope.

It was my twin brother telling me I wasn't his mom.

What the bloody hell hormones.

I sniffled, the tears shamefully crawling out of my eyes like the traitors they were.

Harry's face instantly morphed into that of horror and guilt. He had no words, stuck frozen like a deer caught in headlights as I started to cry. The humiliation was too much and I stormed out of the living room. I slammed my bedroom door shut as I heard Sirius ask, "What happened?"

Then I fell onto my bed and started bawling.

"This sucks. Fuck you hormones."

"I'm terribly glad I'm not a teenaged girl," said Tom, more amused by my outburst than anything. The irony was not lost on either of us.

"Did you ever have to deal with this bullshit?"

"I have struggled with anger issues. It was counterproductive to what I wanted so I learned to deal with them. There are certain potions one can take that will mellow everything out."

"Tom Riddle did you drug yourself to deal with your anger?"

"For my fourth year, yes," dismissed Tom. "I needed time to find a solution. It was destructive to get upset at my classmates, it'd only hurt me in the end if I let it continue. Professor Slughorn—he was my potions professor—kindly showed me how and let me use his lab. Eventually, I found some self-control techniques that I liked. I practiced them over the summer and by the time I returned to Hogwarts my fifth year I no longer needed the potion."

"Very mature of you."

"It was a logical solution, maturity has nothing to do with it."

"And here I am, crying in my bed over words. Words! Gah, how embarrassing."

"If you'd like, I can show you how to brew the potion," Tom offered.

"If I don't have a handle on my feelings when I go back to school I'll take you up on that. Thanks, Tom."

"You are welcome."

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

My bedroom door creaked open. I had been laying on my belly atop my covers in bed while reading some random trash fantasy novel I found. Every chapter there were at least two plot twists. I was honestly impressed with how creative the author was getting. I certainly would have never guessed the male lead would turn out to be the son of Cthulhu and the main protagonist was turning into some kind of succubus hybrid.

"Rosie?"

At Harry's soft voice, I looked over at my bedroom door. My brother shuffled in sheepishly, his cheeks and ears tinged red. His hands were shoved into his pockets.

"Hey Harry," I said.

Harry shifted his weight from one foot to the next, slowly approaching the bed. "Sorry."

"I know," I said. "You feeling better?"

"Yeah," he mumbled.

"You want some cuddles?"

"Yeah."

I scooted over on my bed and Harry laid down beside me. He curled next to me, resting his head on my shoulder. I kissed his head.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too."

"I'm really sorry, Rosie."

"I know honey. I forgive you."

Harry sighed. "It's okay to yell back at me, you know."

I shrugged. "I don't really want to. Is there anything I can do to help cheer you up?"

"Nah. I'm just... antsy. I don't like being stuck here," he admitted. "Paddy hides the newspaper, I can't write to my friends, and we haven't heard anything. I get why we need to be safe, but don't you think this seems a little excessive?"

Sirius hid the Daily Prophet because he didn't want us to see the media war going on. Things weren't as bad as canonical—no one was calling us insane—but the Ministry was going out of its way to take potshots. The biggest difference was that the Daily Prophet was an equal opportunity offender and prone to accepting bribes. As Enáretos it was a slice of cake to supply them with more than enough gold to have them fight back.

Really, though, Enáretos paid a hefty retainer fee to have Rita Skeeter and a couple of her colleagues consistently tear apart anyone who spoke out against Dumbledore.

It made for some great sales for the Daily Prophet. One day would be a toxic piece on how Dumbledore's going senile, and the next day would be about how Fudge is the only minister to have someone escape Azkaban. The following day I'm made out to be some attention-seeking misguided youth who can't be trusted, then afterward it's recounting how so and so was caught embezzling.

There was nothing about Voldemort.

I couldn't exactly force the issue. I was not the one who battled Voldemort and escaped—that was Tom. I had no memories to offer to a pensieve on my escape. If I was forced to take a truth serum and answer questions in court, there was a significant risk at revealing Tom.

At best, at best, I could show clips of my memories leading up to Voldemort's resurrection, but I would have to alter or cut out bits of it where I conversed with Tom. And I would not be able to show how I escaped.

It would be... extremely suspicious. It would draw more scrutiny to that night on both sides rather than if I kept my mouth shut.

Of course, I wasn't above using it as a bluff, but I definitely didn't want anyone to actually see those memories or use a truth serum on me.

So it was best to remain quiet on that front and let the Daily Prophet focus more on the scandals.

Luckily for me, Kreacher was a smart little elf and knew how to get around Sirius's orders so I still got to read the paper morning.

"Maybe a little," I agreed. "Do'ya wanna sneak out tonight?'

Harry blinked, surprise flickering over his face. "Wha—are you—you're serious?"

"Sure," I said. "Look, uh, we'll tell Paddy that we're not feeling well. Lock the door, and sneak out the back."

"When—?" Harry asked, sitting up and looking over the clock. It was a little after four.

"Now," I said with a big grin. "We'll eat dinner in town. C'mon!"

Harry stared at me in shock for another moment before breaking into a beaming smile. "Yeah! Okay."

I'd snuck out on my own several times already and had no issues whatsoever. Sneaking out with my brother shouldn't be that different.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

The sneaking out part was easy—Harry commented I was oddly too comfortable with it. We rode our brooms into London before landing somewhere inconspicuous. Our luxury brooms were pocketable—a tap with a wand would shrink them down, and no, that did not count as underage magic since it was the broom's magic—so we shrunk them down then stuffed them in our pockets.

We headed down one of the streets, window-shopping for a while until we found a yummy-smelling place to eat. Once our bellies were full from some Indian food we shopped around—very happy Harry didn't ask why I had so much Muggle money or an extra expandable bag—and bought quite a bit. I bought a lot of clothes; Harry got book sets; we got some cute little figurines for our friends that we planned to enchant ourselves back home; and some fudge for when we'd see Remus in a few days.

As it was getting dark—a little past eight—Harry and I found a cute little pet shop.

I nudged his arm. "Hey you wanna get a cat?"

"I have Hedwig," said Harry with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah but she can't cuddle with you at night."

"I can always borrow Iris," he pointed out.

I pulled my hair out of its bun to change it into a ponytail instead. "For the next few years sure, but what about after graduation?"

Harry scratched his cheek, peering into the pet shop. "Uh. Huh. I never thought about it. How soon are you moving out?"

"The day of."

"You already got a place picked out?"

Technically I already have a home at Lunar's Orchard.

"I'll find a spot," I said confidently. "Are you wanting to stay with Paddy?"

Harry chewed on the inside of his cheeks, his brow furrowed in thought. "I—I honestly never thought about it. I don't think I'd want to keep living at home, but I've no clue what to do. I don't even have a job lined up, how could I afford a home?"

"Don't worry about the money, dear," I assured him. "You have the Potter fortune."

He gave me a dry look. "And you don't?"

"I've already done some investments and it's paying out well."

"Oh," said Harry. "Wait, how? With your allowance? Can—Can you show me how to do that?"

"I've already made investments in your name that you'll be able to collect when you're eighteen," I said. "I've, uh, dabbled in Muggle stocks."

I mean, like, with future knowledge about certain companies going big it'd be crazy not to hire a financial manager and tell them to invest money into things like Microsoft, Google, Amazon and so forth.

Harry blinked. "Muggle what?"

Since explaining stocks and economics would take way too long, I decided to plow ahead in the conversation. "Please trust me when I say you won't need to worry about money."

"Okay," accepted Harry after another moment of thought. "Then what are you going to do?"

"Politics and research," I answered.

Harry let out a very loud sigh of relief. "Oh, Oh thank Merlin... then can you take the Potter and Black seats?"

"Sure."

"Thank Merlin," sighed Harry again, placing a hand over his chest. "I didn't realize how stressed I was about becoming Lord Potter until now."

"You can still be Lord Potter," I pointed out.

Harry quickly said, "Nope. Nope. Please accept Lady Potter and leave me out of that snake den—er—no offense."

I giggled. "None taken."

Harry smiled. "What kind of research?"

"Maybe potions or alchemy," I said. "I haven't decided which branch to study first. I love learning."

"You'd have made a good Ravenclaw."

"Maybe next life," I answered with a smile. "Have my aspirations given you any ideas?"

"I like Quidditch, I like reading, and I like my family," slowly said Harry. "I don't think I'd want Quidditch to be a career though, I hate flying in rain."

"Okay, are there any classes at Hogwarts you like? A subject you've enjoyed learning about?" I pressed. I recalled he mentioned considering being an Auror but that could have been something he said to appease Hermione and pick out his O.W.L classes.

Harry looked up at the dark sky and squinted his eyes. "Hmm. Hate Potions, Professor Snape is a git. I only like Care of Magical Creatures 'cause of Hagrid. Hmm. I guess I like Charms the most."

I nodded, oddly surprised he hadn't mentioned DADA. "What about Defense?"

Harry's face screwed up. "Rather not fight at all. Uncle Moony's right—the best fight is the fight never had."

A giggled slipped out. "What a pacifist my brother has become."

"A pacifist with anger issues," he muttered.

"That'll pass in time," I said, reaching out to comfort him. He pulled me into a hug, I rubbed his back and patted the back of his head. "I promise."

He sighed. "It's better. None of the stories talked about... puberty."

"It's too terrible of a monster to face," I teased, then frowned when I got an odd tingling sensation down my back.

Huh.

Harry blinked vapidly, confusion flickering over his face until he looked up at the dark sky. Like fingers lovingly grazing down the back of my spine, goosebumps rose on my skin and I shuddered.

Harry grabbed my hand, his face flushed and eyes wide. "We need to go. Now."

I didn't have time to respond because Harry started to run, dragging me with him. Judging from his frantic actions, and the increasingly pleasant tingling sensations I kept having, I assumed Harry spotted some dementors.

We searched for a hidden spot for us to take out our brooms. It took a few minutes of sprinting down the sidewalks before we found an empty alley that we dove into. We pulled out our brooms, tapped them with our wand to expand them, then mounted and zoomed off.

Lo and behold as soon as we climbed high enough into the air I spotted them.

Power of Plot.

I really ought to have known that of course dementors would hunt Harry down the one night I sneak him out. I could sneak out all I wanted to without consequences but as soon as Prophecy Boy™ tries to have fun shit hits the fan.

Poor baby boy.

Knowing what I knew, there was really only one thing to do. I ought to play along for a bit and—

I gasped, halting my broom as soon as I spotted a familiar shade of black cloak. "BOOBOO!"

Indeed! There were ten dementors in total flying towards us and one of them was none other than my darling Booboo. He recognized me immediately because he floated over to me, lifting a hand. I reached out and grasped his skeletal fingers, squeezing them gently despite the burning pain that seared down my arm due to the cold.

With a beaming smile, I said, "I have missed you, my friend. Did you come to visit?"

Booboo returned my hand squeeze with one of his own before letting go, his fellow dementors swarming toward me. I would have been perfectly fine on my own but my heroic brother turned his broom around, wand out.

Yeah, no.

"Expecto Patronum," I said, my silver fox darting out to protect Harry from the dementor aura.

Harry's eyes widened in surprise at seeing my Patronus dancing around him and the dementors. He lowered his wand hesitantly as he realized that I was grinning while being near so many dementors.

It took him a few seconds to connect the dots but when he did he shook his head.

"You're friends with dementors," slowly said Harry. "Friends with dementors."

"Booboo is my favorite," I told Harry, gesturing to Booboo who was hovering right next to me. "I taught him spirit fingers."

I wiggled my fingers—although they hurt quite a bit from holding Booboo's hand, they had turned bright red from the frost burn. Joyously, Booboo also wiggled his fingers. I squealed in delight. "Booboo! That was so cute. Oh my gosh I wish I could nuzzle you."

Booboo leaned in and Harry let out a yelp, "NO! Do NOT try to nuzzle THE DEMENTOR!"

"We'll try it out later in private," I whispered to Booboo. "What're you doing here anyway?"

The dementors didn't respond.

"Sorry Harry. I guess Booboo really missed me," I apologized. "We should head back now though."

"Yeah..." Harry sighed, rubbing at his forehead. My Patronus nuzzled his cheek. "Thanks for your Patronus."

"Anytime. Booboo, come visit me again, okay?"

Booboo reached forward and patted my cheek.

I sniffled, the tears a reflex from the instant pain of his freezing touch. "If you ever want to retire from being a guard, I'll be getting my own place in a few years and you can always come hang out with me."

"Rosie, please," said a tired Harry.

"Yes, yes..." I blew a kiss goodbye to Booboo (he wiggled his fingers again, so cute!) before Harry and I flew off into the night.

Better for me to get in trouble than Harry, I thought, dismissing my Patronus once we were far away enough.

If I couldn't fight the events Fate wanted, I could at least protect Harry from having to go through them.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

Sirius found out we snuck out pretty quick.

He was not amused.

Especially when he saw the frost burn on my cheek and hand. Immediately he broke into a reprimanding tirade as he roughly treated my injuries. He scolded us both, citing how idiotic we behaved and yada yada. He hadn't raised his voice thus far so at most I would say he was exasperated by our behavior rather than angered.

It took a lot to actually anger our godfather.

"How did you even get these burns?" he muttered crossly.

"Dementors," answered Harry from beside me.

"What?"

But at that precise moment, a screech owl swooped in through the kitchen window. Narrowly missing the top of Harry's head—my brother ducked and Hedwig made offended noises from her perch in the living room—it soared across the kitchen, dropped the large parchment envelope it was carrying in its beak at my feet, and turned gracefully, then zoomed outside again

Dear Miss Potter,

We have received intelligence that you performed the Patronus Charm at twenty-six minutes past eight this evening in a Muggle-inhabited area.

The severity of this breach of the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery has resulted in your expulsion from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Ministry representatives will be calling at your place of residence shortly to destroy your wand.

We regret to inform you that your presence is required at a disciplinary hearing at the Ministry of Magic at 9 A.M. on August 12th.

Hoping you are well,

Yours sincerely,

Majalda Hopkirk

IMPROPER USE OF MAGIC OFFICE

Ministry of Magic

I burst out into laughter, tossing the letter over to Sirius who paled with rage as he read.

Tom whistled in my head.

"Snrrk. Ahahahaha," I laughed, clutching at my gut and wiping the tears from my eyes. "Oh GOD they're so stupid. Ahahahahaha. Paddy—Paddy give—give me the letter! I—ahahahaha—I have a great idea."'

Sirius tossed me back the letter as he frantically ran over to the fireplace. Within seconds he was yelling into the embers and talking with a group of equally frantic adults. Only a dubious Harry paid me any mind.

I headed over to our living room apothecary cabinet, giggling still as I pulled out one of the crystal enchanted vials. I held the tip of my wand up to the temple, sorting out the exact memory of seeing my brother surrounded by dementors, coupled with me then using my wand. I didn't want to include the conversation prior or after to that memory.

I pulled the memory out, dropping it in a vial.

"This is going to be great," I giggled. "Kreacher!"

Kreacher popped up on the cabinet. "Yes, young mistress?"

"You know the Daily Prophet?" I asked him. At his nod, I asked, "You remember that lovely Skeeter lady?"

He nodded again, his ears bobbing cutely. "Yes mistress."

"Give her these and uh, the usual," I whispered the last bit as Kreacher accepted the letter with the memory.

Harry was staring at me with such a tired look on his face.

I put my finger to my lips. "Shh."

"Your secrets are always safe with me, Rosie," he sighed. "Even if they're completely asinine."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

The Daily Prophet might have been pro Ministry at a glance, but the reality was they were pro sales, pro money, and pro drama. Rita thrived on it, she'd take a pot shot at anyone she could get her claws into. She loved all the scandals I made up (as Enáretos), not digging too much in how the information was obtained. She'd be tickled pink at what I was sending her.

Sirius pulled his head out of the fire as Kreacher disappeared, thunderous. "Rosie! To your room. Stay put, Dumbledore'll get this figured out."

"Mm-hmm," I said. Harry and I kissed each other on the cheek goodnight then off I went.

The second letter did come, and I gave it to Kreacher to give to Sirius, then told Kreacher to bring it to Rita when done. The letter was mostly the same as the first, only re-advising the punishment from immediate to "up for debate" and to be decided upon at a hearing on August 12th.

With a big smile on my face, I hopped into bed.

"They're dancing in your palms."

"Yes, darling. They really are."

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

MINISTRY OF MAGIC PROSECUTES YOUNG WITCH DEFENDING HER BROTHER FROM DEMENTOR ATTACK!

Right below the title was a picture of the memory of me conjuring my Patronus to defend Dementors from Harry. Harry's face was too blurry to make out his identity, but that didn't matter. Who was being targeted didn't matter.

Rita, ever the genius, didn't even use my name until the end of the article. She set me up as a sweet witch out for a ride with her brother when suddenly a horde of dementors attacked. Below that was the letter which was stealthily cut off at the top to hide who. Reading through the article, the reader was designed to immediately sympathize with the witch and be outraged at the Ministry for such an extreme overreaction to an obvious self-defense case.

At the end when my identity was revealed the average reader would already be too invested.

"Beautiful," I whispered, handing the paper to Kreacher for him to destroy.

"ROSALINE LILY POTTER YOU GET YOUR ASS IN THIS KITCHEN RIGHT NOW."

"I think Paddy found the Paper," I said, rolling out of bed. I put on some slippers and headed down with a big smile on my face, my arms outstretched. "Paddy! Aren't you proud of me?"

Sirius Black's eyes were narrowed with anger. "Proud?"

"Of course," I chirped.

"How did a reporter even get a copy of your memories?" demanded Sirius. "Rosie, damn it, don't you understand how dangerous that was?"

"It's fine, Paddy. I was extremely careful with trimming. I sent the memory with the letter to the Prophet," I said, holding my hands up in a calming gesture. "It was necessary."

"How do you know what's necessary?" he demanded, fuming. "Dumbledore—"

"Won't be too upset with my assistance."

"BOLLOCKS ROSIE! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT A COCK-UP THIS IS?" Sirius's shouting elicited a reflexive flinch. I was never afraid of my godfather. His emotional outbursts could be magical and loud, but they hadn't turned violent. Sirius had learned to keep a lid on his anger pretty well (after he gave up drinking), so when it did come off it was like a volcano. Even as a mental adult I found it hard to resist the urge to demurely look away.

The fact of the matter, though, I was not afraid of him. Intimidation only worked when there was fear.

Compared to Crucio?

My hands clenched into fists. My hormones worked against me, wanting to sneak out some tears but I stubbornly refused. I did not speak until I had regained control over my voice so I could soften it to try and calm him down.

"Paddy," I said softly, "I love you dearly, but I don't think you understand the situation."

Sirius paled, mutinous. "I don't understand the situation?"

"Knowledge is power," I said, gesturing toward the chessboard set up at one of the end tables. "Manipulating the press and public image is necessary. I've been working too hard on tearing down certain opponents to let such a juicy opportunity slip."

"What—What are you talking about?"

"There will be a change, Paddy," I said. "With each mistake made, each scandal found, each pound of galleons wasted bribing the media, they dig themselves a little deeper in their own graves. When Voldemort inevitably slips up and reveals his hand, Fudge and our enemies will be eviscerated, buried by the public's outcry. They'll have no choice but to bow out."

Well. If they want to live they'll bow out in shame, I thought. There was no use for people too stupid to defend themselves, and too weak to resist. If they still tried to stand in my way then they were obstacles to be removed. If they were too useless then I simply couldn't use them alive. They'd be better off as cadavers to test potions on.

Considering how cowardly they behaved, I doubted any of them would be able to withstand the public pressure. They'd flee.

Sirius stared at me, furious but flustered. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it soon after.

I folded my hands together in front of me, beaming at Sirius. "It's going to be okay, Paddy. I won't let anyone hurt you or Harry."

Sirius rubbed at his face, holding his breath for several seconds before letting it out slowly. "Rosie... I'm not the cleverest of men. Schemes and convoluted long-term plots aren't my forte. I work and understand best when things need to get done quickly or spur of the moment. That does not mean I'm an idiot, nor am I too slow to notice your use of words there. I was not Sorted as a Slytherin, but I was raised as one. Rosie, what have you been doing?"

"You know those orgy scandals you've been giggling at for the past couple of years?"

He stared at me in disbelief. "How do you even know what an orgy is to come up with that? Who the hell told you what that is?"

I shrugged, not wanting to admit that drunk Sirius told a toddler version of me about it many years ago. "I've made some good investments with my allowance and using the money I've made I've been manipulating the press to favor the Light."

Sirius sighed, his shoulder sagged as the anger tiredly drained from him. "My devious little fox, why am I not surprised?"

I stepped forward and kissed his cheek. "I love you, Paddy."

"I love you too, princess. You're still super grounded."

"What if I wore the unicorn onesie for the rest of the day?"

Sirius smiled. "It'd certainly make me feel better." Then he frowned. "Uh, do me a favor... no more... orgy scandals please?"

"I promise," I assured him. "They'd lose their flavor if I used them too frequently. With this dementor 'attack' I've got some juicy ammo."

"That's... that's nice, princess."

I beamed.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

Extra:

"Hey princess," Sirius said early into the summer break. He came into my room before I had even gotten out of bed. He sat on the food of the bed, eyes bright.

"G'morning," I mumbled sleepily. "'Sup?"

"I made a mental deal with myself that if you beat Krum's champion then I'd buy you whatever you wanted. So name what you want and I promise I'll get it," he said cheerfully.

He made a what with what? Why?

Not awake enough to question why, I instead considered what I wanted Sirius to buy me. It took a few seconds of thought then I said, "Booty shorts."

Sirius's face fell. "What?"

"Booty shorts. Buy me a few pairs of booty shorts."

"Why?"

So I can practice regulating body temperature when playing with Whomping Willow instead of relying on charming my clothes, I thought. I had some experience keeping myself warm while being possessed, but I wanted to see if I could cool myself down as well. What better way to do that than playing tennis in the middle of winter with booty shorts and a shirt?

But Sirius didn't need to know that logical explanation.

I smiled. "Because it'll make you extremely uncomfortable and you'll hate every second of it."

Sirius's face twisted in disdain. He was quiet for a solid minute, visually conflicted as he struggled to choose his next words. He carefully said, "Harry—Harry told me you had an escort to the ball."

"Mm-hmm?"

"Are—Are they for him?"

"Tom, you want some booty shorts?"

Tom started to laugh.

"Nope," I said cheerfully.

ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ

Sirius doesn't have the patience for long-term schemes but he can still spot them.

Answer: Most likely some kind of feline or vulpine. I think it'd be amazing to be something mythical like a phoenix or griffin or dragon.

Question: What would be a long term scheme you'd want to pull off if you were reborn in Potterverse with Harry&Co?

Reviews are love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 773 32
Y/n Merlin Wyllt the descendant of Merlin Wyllt has a dark story. Tom Marvolo Riddle the heir of Salazar Slytherin has even a dark story. When this b...
148 25 15
Childhood is a curious period of time where we discover and learn many things, we've been already through Harry Potter's childhood to adulthood and h...
16.3K 437 44
"I never want to feel like that again" Lenora said, Tom felt like he saw a spark in her eye. "Let me teach you more dark magic" he brushed hair out o...
1.5M 60.6K 91
𝖢𝗁𝖾𝗇 π–΅π—ˆπ—…π–½π–Ύπ—†π—ˆπ—‹π— π–Ώπ—‚π—‹π—Œπ— 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖽 π—π—‚π—Œ π–½π—ˆπ—π—‡π–Ώπ–Ίπ—…π—…, 𝖺 π–Ώπ—ˆπ—Žπ—‹ 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋 π—ˆπ—…π–½ π—π–Ίπ—Œ 𝖺𝗂𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗀 π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝖾�...