Hidden Kingdoms

By AssassinPsyche

Once upon a time, in a land far away, their lived kingdoms, but not like one that any mortal would know. A ki... More

Prologue
The Kingdom of Time

Kingdom of Thunderclouds

73 3 0
By AssassinPsyche

Denki spun around pointing at seemingly random locations but it wasfar from that. He was preforming his duties as the Prince ofElectricity, in another world the thunder boomed and the lightningflashed.

His mind wasn't on that though, what it was on was the ball that hewould be hosting. Normally he didn't care one way or another aboutit, though it was a nice chance to talk to different people. He wasthe furthest from viewing himself as different then those in hiskingdom just because he was royal, but unfortunately there was no wayfor him to talk to them without them knowing thanks to his veryobvious blonde hair with a black thunderbolt and bright yellow eyes.While most didn't try to take advantage of him but the fact remainedthey were very stiff. Always worried, it didn't stop him from talkingto them and most eventually did relax with him but it was nice totlak to people who weren't automatically nervous when meeting him.

He had hired musicians, cooks to make all kinds of delicacies fromhis territory. The Kingdom of Thunderclouds was known for their loveof sweets; sugar, candy, honey, fresh fruit, it didn't matter theylived for sugar. They were sugar fiends. The hardest thing whenhosting a ball that Denki found was trying to appease everyone'stastes. Between Kingdoms who ate six or seven light meals, to thosewho ate only one or two huge meals, those who ate almost only rawfood and those who ate mostly meat, those that ate spicy, and thosewho ate bitter. So Denki tried to offer up all kinds of food, but hischefs only knew how to make food that is what those who lived in theKingdom of Thunder would eat. They all made electricity, thunder andstatic, and it required a lot of energy meaning they needed thebursts of energy from the sugar.

Stillhe had them make plenty of food; Sage Crackers, thin crackers madewith sage and topped with apple butter, a block of aged cheddar, somevery crispy bits of bacon, and a pinch of chives, Vanilla Crackers,thin crackers made with vanilla bean instead of rosemary and it istopped with a silky chocolate sauce topped with a mint leaf andraspberry. Cucumber Pinwheels, sliced cucumbers topped with a creamcheese mixed with salt, pepper and chives, and dotted with a thinsliced stewed tomato sliver, and finally an Apple Croissant,croissant that is made in a a small circular shape than topped with athin sliced peeled apple and drizzled with honey. And thatwas just the appetizers.

Salmon cooked in orange marmalade, Midsummer Salad, salad made ofleafy greens, mandarin oranges, pine nuts, dried cranberries and adressing made of a mixture of honey, olive oil and rosemary. RhubarbPork, pork that is covered in honey and then cooked and topped with arhubarb chutney, and finally Chicken and Waffles, garlic and lemonchicken put in between two quarters of waffles with ketchup and maplesyrup to dip them in. Then also plenty of side dishes; sweet potatocasserole, bacon wrapped steak bites, jasmine rice, fruit salad,sweet and spicy curry, cinnamon mashed potatoes, and a pick of cookedvegetables.

Andfinally the snacks and desserts, pies, cakes, tarts, that was wherethe chefs got to make whatever they wished and plenty of sugarydrinks and juices. He was excited to see everyone, he had his closefriends but there would also be others coming as well, it would bethe first real ball of all the royalty, now that the Princes of theSun and Moon have come of age. Denki put on his own clothing, theKingdom of Thunder was known for being very relaxed and Denkiaccepted that with open arms.

He wore black trousers, plow man's leather turned shoes, and a whitetunic and black vest that he left open. The only thing that let himbe seen as the prince instead of a citizen, other then the blackthunderbolt in his hair that marked him as a member of the Kaminarifamily and the thunderbolt showing him to be Denki, was his coppercrown that was woven around quartz in hard sharp lines resting on hishead.

He saw so many people he knew at least a little bit, either knowingthem in passing or as close friendship. The Prince of Decay, Tomura,the Princess of mirrors, Himiko, the big Todoroki family, Prince ofFire, Touya, Princess of Family, Fuyomi, Prince of Rebellion, Natsuo,and the Prince of Ice, Shoto. The Prince of Spiders Mezo, thePrincess of Ponds Tsuyu, the Prince of Mountains Koji, Princess ofSilence Toru, and the Prince of Sugar Rikido. The Princess of GravityOchaco, the Princess of Change Momo, the Prince of Sparkles Yuga, thePrince of Work Mashirao. Finally those that he was closest to and waslooking forword to.

So once he had made his rounds Denki was looking foreword to going tothe group of six that he was closest to, they were all his bestfriends. "Hey there you are dunce," Katsuki, Prince ofExplosions, clapped their host on his back and the other blonderolled his eyes smiling at him.

"You know I have to be a good host before I can have my own funKatsuki, I can't exactly just ignore my guests. Mother would killme." All six nodded having met the Queen of Thunder.

"So, I don't see the new princes, did they not come?" Tetsutetsu,the Prince of Minerals asked and his twin, the Prince of Rocks, Ejironodded.

"Yeah, I looked but I don't think that I've seen a hint of them.

"Yeah, I went to greet everyone but I didn't hear a hint of them,but plenty are talking about them, but no one has seen them." Denkisighed, he had been looking foreword to meeting them, having nevermet either Prince.

"Don't be too worried Denki, maybe they'll come to the next ball,and that will be mine. You know mine will be awesome!" The Princessof Energy giggled and Denki nodded.

"That's true Mina." He chuckled a bit, "but you might scarethem."

"Lies!" Mina yelled and Hanta nodded.

"Relax Mina, I'm sure they'll get used to your ways, they might belike you or they might be laid back." The Prince of Spiderwebsassured and at this point Katsuki had lost all interests when thePrincess of Music spoke up for the first time.

"They seemed pretty laid back."

"Did you meet them Kyoka?" Ejiro asked and everyone was lookingat her now and she shrugged.

"I went to the Palace of Time to speak to the King of Day and endedup being invited for dinner. I met all three of the siblings." Itwas a big talk at one point when the princes were adopted, it calmedby the time the young Princess of Twilight was adopted.

"What were they like?" They asked and she shrugged.

"Well it was just dinner, the Prince of the Sun has green hair andthe Prince of the Moon has purple hair, honestly...other then theircoloring I'd almost buy they were biological brothers." She saidand hummed, "they seemed nice."

They stopped as they heard the door open and two young men entered,the shorter one had green hair and eyes as well as four freckles oneach cheek that was shining and the taller one that was about a headtaller and had purple hair and eyes. The shorter looked worried asthe older looked embarrassed, several had their eyes on them, ofcourse they did but Denki couldn't take his eyes away from him. Itwas like when electricity flew through him, the adrenline rush ofthat but it felt...warm...like he had jumped and was free fallingthrough the slightly muggy steam of when he first shows up during thesummer, before the Princess of Rain came.

"Kyoka, who are they?" Denki asked and she rolled her eyes butsaw half the people even in their small group were staring enamoredat them, and everyone to some extent was staring at them.

"Are you stupid? Obviously that is the Prince of the Sun and Princeof the Moon." She looked between the two, "Sparkly Freckles isIzuku, the taller one is Hitoshi. Strange...when I met them Izuku'sfreckles didn't sparkle like that...and Hitoshi's eyes lookdifferent." She was confused trying to remember, maybe his freckleshad shined like that? And maybe it was because they were across theball room that Hitoshi's eyes looked different? When she came to fromher thoughts Denki was already gone over to the two.

"Hi!" He smiled a bit at them the shorter jumped and Denki heldup his hands, "sorry I didn't mean to startle you." He grinned,"my name's Denki, Prince of Electricity, I'm guessing you two arethe Prince of the Sun and Prince of the Moon?" He asked and theynodded.

"Nice to meet you Denki! My name is Izuku, and this is my brotherHitoshi." He introduced them and then looked around, so many peoplewere watching them, while Izuku got anxious easily Hitoshi justdidn't like crowds.

"Oh, hey man don't worry," he tried to assure them and smiled,"everyone is really nice here, they just get excited. We aren'tdoing any duties, it's a ball! Eat, listen to music, mingle and enjoyyourselves!" He grinned and while Hitoshi remained quiet Izukuseemed to take it in stride and nodded.

"Thank you Denki, it's the first time meeting any royals thataren't family, I guess I was kinda nervous." He chuckled and Denkigrinned being his normal friendly self.

"No problem man, any time." Izuku excused himself and Denki thentried to talk to the other brother. It was kind of cool how thebrothers were so similar yet so different, Izuku was absolutelyadorable but Hitoshi? Well if someone were to get Denki's honestopinion, Hitoshi was the hot one. "So, your brother was nervous,what about you, Hitoshi?"

"I'mfine. You've been a gracious host. Thank you." He answered andwhile it was polite it was cold and Denki deflated for just a momentbefore grinning again, he was not one to be discouraged easily.

"So...why not tell me about the Kingdom of Time? Or Kingdom of theMoon?" He asked and Hitoshi raised an eyebrow.

"Why do you want to know?" He sounded suspicious which justdidn't make sense to Denki but he took it in stride.

"I'm curious about you, tell me anything you're willing to! Whatabout your favorite color? What do you like to do?" He asked andHitoshi seemed confused but was open enough to it. The two talked fora bit before Hitoshi excused himself, he had no interest in makingfriends with other royals but his brother wanted to see it and hewasn't about to leave him to go and he wanted to at least know themif they would need to make alliances.

Denki returned to his small group, it no longer had as many, Kyokahaving gone off to talk to Momo, Tetsutetsu and Mina had gone offexpanding their energy, Ejiro normally would join them but thenewness of the two princes was enough to keep him, Katsuki was theonly other one remaining, Hanta having gone to eat.

"Hey there Denki, how was talking to them?" Ejiro asked and Denkilet out a sigh.

"I think I'm in love," he cooed and the two looked at himshocked.

"What idiot?! You can't be serious." Katsuki yelled and everyonewas used to the hot temper of the Prince of Explosions and barelyglanced but it was obvious the two newest princes were shocked. Izukuhaving jumped but being comforted easily by Shoto and Fuyomi who hehad somehow ended up talking and Hitoshi merely glanced over fromwhere he was talking to Himiko and Tsuyu, raising an eyebrow andDenki blushed hoping he didn't hear that. He wasn't about to just beyelled out that for him.

"Come on man, don't yell." Denki sighed and glanced back over toHitoshi who was back to talking to the Princess of Mirrors andPrincess of Ponds. "I can't help it, he's hot and something aboutlooking into those eyes just pull me in. His eyes are like lavender."He sighed and Katsuki looked at him shocked as did Ejiro.

"Wait, Denki man, which of them are you talking about? Prince ofthe Sun or Prince of the Moon?"

"Prince of the Moon obviously." He tilted his head as both thered eyed royals looked shocked and he shook his head. "Izuku isgood looking, I won't ignore that, and his sparkling freckles areadorable but compared to Hitoshi..."

"What's wrong with him?" Ejiro asked and her looked a bit angry,Denki understood because Ejiro was very much an older brother friendand Katsuki was a mom friend.

"Nothing bad, he's adorable and seems really friendly. But Hitoshi,man Hitoshi~" he gave a dreamy sigh, that got the two red eyedprince's attention, he never acted like this before. Sure he admiredhis share of beauties, both male and female, but only in a detachedway, not ever so...enamored. It was almost like he was under somekind of spell.

"Woah Denki, man, you're being..."

"I know, believe me Ejiro, I know." He sighed, "I can't explainit, there's something about him...he's...different."

"Well don't come on too strong to him, the last thing you need todo is scare him off." Katsuki said after seeing that Denki wasserious and the man nodded.

 "I...I don't need to be with him like that. If he just let's metalk to him, I'll be satisfied."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1M 98.9K 104
>「𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘰 𝘌𝘳𝘢 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 」 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐄𝐑. Demon Slayer belongs to Koyoh...
395K 11.9K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...
302K 9.1K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
126K 5.4K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...