Love Hates Me

By Roshnii_28

"Weird feelings as in, you like me?" Cedric asked me. "Maybe." I shrugged. "What the fuck is maybe, Kathlee... More

PREVIEW
THE DANCE
YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN LOVE
WE ARE HAVING A BABY
BEST FRIEND'S DAY OUT
SHORT SPAN OF TIME
TEACHER'S PET
COLD WAR
CHIRPIER THAN USUAL
THE LETTER
WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
HEART TO HEART CONVERSATION
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT CRUNCH
I WANT A REMATCH
SHE WON'T BITE
THE GUY YOU LIKE
YOU ARE SCARY
SELFISH BITCH
BIRTHDAY WISHES
AFTER THE WILSON BROTHERS?
DRUMROLLS PLEASE
THE TRUTH UNFOLDS
OUR SAFE ZONE
CELEBRATION TIME ISNT OVER
A THOUSAND YEARS
WE CAME TO CONGRATULATE YOU
WE ARE DATING
I HAVE A DATE.
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW HE DOES THAT
LIAM OR CEDRIC
I WANT TO LIVE
YOU'RE ENGAGED
BREAK UP
STOP PAMPERING HER
IT'S JUST CEDRIC, NOT A MONSTER
I AM TIRED
KISS ALREADY
AM I DISTRACTING YOU?
I AM NOT ANGRY
ARE YOU IN LOVE?
TELL THEM WE ARE DATING
TELEPATHY
JUST A WEEK
FASTER TURTLES
WEIRD CONFUSING FEELINGS
I'M AMAZING AS ALWAYS
THIS IS DEFINITELY DRAMATIC
IT'S YOUR BESTFRIEND'S WEDDING
I DON'T NEED A SPY
IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN
LIKE FATHER, LIKE DAUGHTER
EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON
FATE
BONUS CHAPTER

I WANT TO REMAIN SANE

186 17 14
By Roshnii_28

CHAPTER 43 : I WANT TO REMAIN SANE.

We were on our way to the airport. Cedric came yesterday and the paparazzi followed him everywhere. After the interview, things became more complicated. We were followed everywhere. I don't understand why are people so interested in Cedric's life. He's just an author. No offense.

Cedric and I were sitting in the backseat of the car and Mike was driving. Cedric was wearing a full sleeves white t-shirt along with blue jeans. His sleeves were folded showing his veins. He was frantically typing on his phone. I was wearing a white jumpsuit and denim flip-flops. My hair was in a high ponytail.

We reached the airport and as soon as I got of the car, I heard cameras flashing. Not again. I tried covering my face and going past the paparazzi but they surrounded me. I hated being the attention. Cedric came towards me, held my hand and dragged me away.

Once we entered the airport after all the formalities Cedric said, "Now do you understand why I didn't want everyone to know that I am an author." He said. I just made a face.

"I have also been dragged with you in this situation, so don't play the victim." I told him, buying a bottle of water.

"You dragged yourself into it." He said. I tried opening the bottle but I just could not. He snatched the bottle from me and opened it at once. I had already made the cap lose by trying to open it. He handed me the bottle.

"How did I drag myself into this situation?" I asked, taking a sip of water. I went and sat on one of the chairs. Cedric sat on the one next to me.

"Do I really have to say that?" He said, raising his eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and took out my phone. Our pictures and videos were already flooding all over the internet. I looked at the picture. Cedric had an irritated look on his face while his hand was around my wrist. He was holding the bags with his other hand. I was looking down at our hands, obviously hating the attention.

"We do look nice in this picture." Cedric said, looking at my phone. I scoffed.

"Nice? Is your eyesight really that poor." I told him. He rolled his eyes and kept his arm over my shoulder, on the chair.

We boarded the flight after a while and after a long argument between Cedric and I about the window seat, I was sitting next to the window.

***

We entered Noah's place. His house was beautiful. There was a grey couch facing the LED TV. There were numerous pictures on the wall. Noah's picture with his family, I guess. They looked like his parents and Angie's photo with her family. Picture of Angie and Noah surrounded the wall. I spotted a picture of Cedric, Noah and Angie. Noah was holding Angie from the waist while her hands were around Cedric's shoulders. All of them were laughing.

As I walked inside I saw paintings in one side of the wall. The paintings were beautiful. In one of the painting there was a guy playing a guitar under a tree and a girl was staring at her.

"This is done by Angie's brother." Noah told me. "The first time Angie saw me was under a tree where I was playing a guitar."

"So this is your story." I told him, pointing towards the painting. He gave me a cheeky smile and nodded. "Where is Angie?" I asked. I couldn't see her anywhere. Maybe she's out for some work or something.

"You didn't tell her?" Noah asked Cedric. I turned towards Cedric. He was coming from a room and he had changed into a sweatpants and a blue t-shirt. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at me.

"Didn't tell her what?" Cedric asked. A dog was tailing him. They had a dog! It was a labrador, golden in colour. It was still really small like it was just a few months old. The dog came rushing to me and sniffed me. I ran a hand through his head. "What's his name?" I asked.

"Brady." Noah said and turned towards Cedric. "That Angie is staying at her parents' house." Cedric went and sat on the couch, Brady following him.

"It must have slipped my mind." He switched on the TV and started watching some match.

"Does that mean I have to stay alone with you two?" I asked them. "Oh my god, I want to remain sane."

"How did you find another Angie, Ced?" Noah asked her. He just smirked and turned his attention towards the TV. Cedric had not been talking much since the interview he had. He had been really quiet since that day. He didn't say a word in the flight or even on our way from airport to here.

"I need water." I told Noah. We went to the kitchen. I could clearly see Cedric from the spot I was standing in. Noah handed me a glass of water.

"What is the deal with you and Cedric?" Noah asked. I looked at Noah, he was leaning on the wall.

"Nothing." I said and looked at Cedric. His light brown hair was falling on his forehead. He ran a hand through his hair in frustration because the opponent team made a goal. His lips were moving as he whispered profanities under his breath. The blue t-shirt was hugging his muscles. The colour blue complimented him. The veins were more prominent than ever. His long fingers laid on Brady, as he put him down but Brady jumped back on the couch anyway.

Cedric looked at me. When our eyes met my heart started beating rapidly, so loud that the people in the next street could possibly hear it. My throat became dry, everything around me was a blur except his face. He got up and was coming towards me. With each of his step my heartbeat was getting even faster.

"Do you like him?" Noah said in low voice. I slowly shook my head, I knew that I lied to him but...

"What's for dinner?" Cedric asked, stretching his arms. I pursed my lips. What is this feeling?

"I'll order pizza." Noah said, with a cheeky smile. "Are you two okay with that?" He asked. I looked at Noah and nodded. Noah went to place the order leaving Cedric and I alone in the kitchen. Cedric came towards me and took the glass of water from my hand. His warm fingers came in contact with mine sending shivers through my body. He drank the water, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down. He kept the glass on the slab and looked at me. I swallowed.

"Were you going to drink that water or what?" He asked. No, I was going to dance with it. I shook my head. "Kathleen, is everything okay?" He asked with concern. I just nodded and went towards the couch.

I sat on the couch still thinking about it. I wanted to talk to someone. I took my phone and went to a room where my things were. I facetimed Rachel and she picked it up at once.

"Emma! You reached?" She asked. I nodded. I was still battling the thought going on inside my head. Should I tell her or not? "Em, what's wrong?"

"Rachel, how did you know that you liked Taylor?" I asked her. She gave me a huge smile when I asked her that.

"It is the best feeling ever. I use to be the happiest when I was around him. All my problems would just vanish. Everything was more happening and when he touched me I could literally feel butterflies in my stomach, no kidding." Rachel could have written an essay about that but when she looked at me, she straightened her face. "But why?" She asked in a mocking tone

"Just like that." I saw Taylor behind Rachel. Taylor was shirtless. He dropped on the bed and kissed the side of her forehead.

"Oh hello Emma. Didn't see you." He said. I gave him a small smile. "Emma, pizza is here." Noah shouted.

"I have to go, bye." I told them and hung up the call. I changed into a sweatpants and a lose t-shirt. I went to the living room and saw Cedric sitting on the couch. Noah was sitting on the floor and Brady's half body was lying on the couch and half on the floor.

I sat on the couch and Brady came to me. He jumped up on my lap. I took a slice of pizza. "What do you want to watch?" Cedric asked me.

"Anything." I whispered. I ran a hand through Brady's fur and took a bite of pizza. After taking a bite I didn't feel like having it. It tasted weird. I kept the pizza back and started using my phone. I was looking at the pictures of Cedric and I.

It's just a mere attraction which will eventually fade.

I kept my phone away and said, "I'm really tired. I'll go to sleep." Cedric and Noah looked at me as Brady got down from my lap and I got up.

I went to the room and lied on the bed. I was looking at the ceiling and thinking. I hated all the thoughts going on in my mind. I tried sleeping but I couldn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442 140 35
Published: 22-6-2020 This is part 2 of The Dark Realm series There are two things Emma fears most; Returning to the realm that caused her so much pa...
4.3K 131 37
Last year, Emma Richardson had it all. The perfect family, friends, popularity, looks, and even the perfect boyfriend...or so she thought. In just on...
1.5M 72.2K 86
[FREE STORY with paid bonus content] Kathy thought she had her entire life figured out, until she realizes that, in order to find herself, she must u...
647K 16.1K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...