✓ Heavenly

By demetersdoom

you have aroused my anger and turned your back on me ✶ Harry Potter / Order of the Phoenix - Deathly Hallows More

Angel face, devilish thoughts. . .
000. The Death/The Birth
Part One: Blink from a Universal Eye
001. Just Like Astrid
002. Parental Guidance
003. Hogwarts Express
004. Ministry Interference
005. Poison Ivy
006. Eye To Eye
007. Heavy On My Mind
008. Defense Against The Dark Arts
009. Eyes Of The Ministry
010. Mind Over Matter
011. Little Sister
012. Lovegood
013. I Must Respect My Superiors
014. Nothing Special
015. Law Of Attraction
016. Life and Death, Good and Evil
017. When Push Comes To Shove
018. Halo Model
019. Only In My Dreams
020. Hog's Head
021. The High Inquisitor
022. In The Fireplace
023. Halfbreed
024. Dumbledore's Army
025. No Such Thing
026. Heavens And Back
027. Absolute Power
028. The Voice In The Void
029. Girl Interrupted
030. St. Mungo's
031. A Single Cry On Christmas
032. Valentine's Day
033. Kindred Spirits
034. The Tiger and The Tigress
035. The Plunge
036. In Control
037. Department of Mysteries
038. Beyond The Veil
039. Guardian Angels
040. Judgement Day
Part Two: A New World Order
041. Revelations
042. Holy Terror
043. Lazarus Rising
044. Venus Black
045. No Rest For The Wicked
046. Coconut Vanilla
047. House Of Cards
048. Dumb Luck
049. Teenage Dream
050. 'Tis The Season
051. Light And Dark
052. Nobody Likes A Bitch
053. God's Grace
054. Trouble In Paradise
055. Kiss And Tell
056. Lightning-Struck Tower
057. Time Will Come
058. Getaway Angel
060. Until Hell Freezes
Part Three: Drunken Gods of Slaughter
061. Universal Law
062. Angels On The Line
063. Resurrection Alone
064. Stairway To Heaven
065. Always A Bridesmaid
066. The Ministry Has Fallen
067. September First
068. Teenage Rebellion
069. Target Of Tyranny
070. Malfoy Manor
071. Fight Or Flight
072. On The Other Side
073. Angel Not On Earth
074. Room Of Requirement
075. Commencement
076. The Battle of Hogwarts
077. Only The Dead Have Seen The End
078. Value Of Life
079. The Human Heart
080. How We Survive
081. Who Wins The War
082. Epilogue / After the Storm

059. Life After Death

2.2K 105 48
By demetersdoom

Part Two / Chapter Fifty-Nine

Venus was sure there was life after death.

Even if the body was gone, the soul never was. After you die, you never stop living and you never stop prospering. It was more that she wanted to believe you never truly died than actually knowing it. She didn't want Jackson Copeland's parents to believe he was gone forever. She wanted them to know that they'd see their son again soon, but she was a child, she didn't know any better.

With her feet inches away from the edge, she looked over the steep, mountainous terrain and breathed in air so cold and so bitter, it hurt her nostrils. She'd never seen a scene so beautiful. The stars were so bright it was as if you could jump up and grab on. The air was so fresh and so clear. The grass beneath her feet were softer than anything she'd ever felt and brighter than any greenery she'd ever seen. The flowers sprouted different hues and shades all around her, Lilacs, Tulips, Roses, Dandelions. It was just like Heaven.

"Venus," said Castiel. He was standing upright, face clean shaven and eyes bluer than ever. "We need you to focus."

"Okay okay," Venus sighed.

"Once again, do what we tell you to and you'll be able to do it." Corinne said orderly.

Venus nodded, then furrowed her eyebrow. "What am I even doing?"

"You'll see," Corinne said patiently after Venus had asked for the millionth time. "Consider this a lesson and an early birthday present."

"You guys know my birthday?"

"June twentieth, nineteen eighty at two twenty two in the morning." Castiel's recited.

"Yes." Corinne stated. "Now stop asking questions."

Venus nodded. "Fine."

Castiel and Corinne held both of her hands.

"Close your eyes," Corinne said. Venus did as she was told.

Now Corinne's voice was the only own she could hear at this point. Anything else covered in pitch blackness. "You need to think fixedly. No distractions. No interruptions."

"Got it."

"Oh and no talking."

Venus hastily nodded.

"Think of two people you miss right now."

"Harry and Constance."

"No." Corinne said.

"What do you mean no?" Venus asked indignantly, already irritated with this new lesson.

"Two people that have already passed," Castiel pointed out in the nicest way that he could.

"Oh," said Venus in a small voice. "Mum and Dad."

"Okay," Corinne continued, her and Castiel's hands still firmly gripped into both of hers. "Now. In your mind, think this sentence: I want to see Astrid Rosario and Sirius Black."

Already confused, irritable and speculative, Venus immediately huffed. But without a doubt of Corinne and Castiel's teachings, she did as she was told.

I want to see Astrid Rosario and Sirius Black.

Nothing was happening.

"Nothings happening," Venus said aloud.

"Give it time," said Corinne persistently.

I want to see Astrid Rosario and Sirius Black. . .

She thought it once more.

I want to see Astrid Rosario and Sirius Black. . .

The ground beneath Venus had vanished, like someone had snatched it from under her. Instead of gravity doing its work, she didn't fall. She was floating. Venus thought it again, and again, and again.

I want to see Astrid Rosario and Sirius Black. . .

Gradually, the cold air around them was relished in warm breeze. The dark sky that was darkened behind her closed eyes had brightened. Venus didn't realize her feet were on the ground until she opened her eyes again. Castiel and Corinne's hands still clutched into her own. They were in front of a house, a few steps away from the porch. A white picket fence house with a healthy front yard and clean opening. The cotton candy skies had cascading hues of orange and purple, it reminded her of the ones she saw in her dreams.

"Did you guys bring me to a house in the suburbs?" Venus asked cynically.

Corinne let out a dignified chuckle. "No, we are not in a suburban neighborhood."

"—and you're the one who brought us here, Venus," Castiel finished.

Instead of knocking at the door, Castiel and Corinne led Venus around the side of the house, into a small alley leading toward the backyard. Venus wasn't sure this was completely legal or if she wanted to get arrested with Castiel and Corinne. But, she allowed them to lead her to a spacious backyard, it was just as healthy as the front. Lilacs, Tulips, Roses, Lilies dancing beautifully in the air. A woman knelt in the ground picking them, her curly hair pulled up in a knot, forehead covered with a silk scarf.

"Who is she?" whispered Venus.

The door to the backyard opened. "The rolls are ready, do you want me to—" Sirius Black stood there, looking down at his daughter with wide, ready eyes. "Venus?"

The woman spun around. Her large brown eyes sparkled under the soft graduations of pink and purple in the sky. The flowers in her hands continued to dance as if they were never plucked from the ground and Astrid Rosario dashed to her daughter and clasped her so tightly they were nearly one person.

Venus didn't understand. How was this happening?

Closing her eyes against the shockwaves, she couldn't prevent the shudder that rocked through her. She cradled her head in her shoulder and another body hugged around them. Sirius, with tears streaming down his face, embraced his wife and daughter. Soon enough all of them were sobbing into each others arms, too many years have gone by without a moment like this. They didn't let go for a while until they felt a cold breeze strike them hard.

"How— how am I— what is this?" Venus said breathlessly, voice cracked from her dried throat.

"Oh Venus," her mother said. Her voice was sweet, like licorice wands. Calming, unnerving, a voice she'd never heard before in her sixteen years of life. "You're in Heaven."

"Am I dead?" she asked worryingly.

"No," said Corinne. Venus had almost forgotten the two angels were standing there. "I think you forget that you're part Archangel sometimes."

Castiel nodded in agreement. "You can travel here, between Earth and Heaven. Just the way we taught you to."

"We were going to teach you the week before you went back to school, but that time with us was cut short." Corinne said.

Venus looked up at Sirius. "I'm so sorry I didn't know or realize that you were compelled—"

"You have nothing to be sorry for," said Sirius. "It's my fault. Remus knew something was wrong, so did I. Patches of my memory were gone, I didn't remember doing certain things, I was drinking every night. I should have acted quicker."

"No," Astrid said. "Neither of you are at fault. You were both ploys to Metatron's plan of action." She held Sirius close and kissed Venus' forehead. "I can't believe this. . . Lives taken, years lost."

"Whats going on? Is anything happening with the Order since I— y'know," Sirius brought his thumb to his neck and slid it across. Astrid smacked his arm gently.

"Death Eaters attacked the school and Snape— Snape killed Dumbledore." Venus shared, watching terror drained the color from her fathers face.

"Dumbledore dead. . ." he said distantly. "Severus that bastard! Dumbledore always trusted him, but I always knew— once a death eater, always a death eater!"

"Metatron has the archangel blade," Venus frowned, kicking at the grass under her feet.

"Is this true?" Astrid said terrifyingly, when she received nods from both angels, she clapped her mouth against her mouth.

"It was my fault," Venus said in a small voice. "I was weak, I should've—"

"You are just like your father," Astrid chuckled, taking her daughters face in her hands. "Stop blaming yourself, you're sixteen. You've done more than anyone else your age has. If anything, you're the strongest girl I know."

For the first time in sixteen years Venus said, "Thanks Mum."

Then Astrid looked up at the sky, a horrified expression came upon her face. Venus followed her eyes. The sky was as white as snow.

"It's them, they're here!" Astrid said alarmingly, holding Venus' shoulders. "I wish I was there with you. I wished for it everyday I was here. I'm always there, okay? You need to leave now!" She took off one of her many gold necklaces and placed it over Venus'.

"Why does she have to go?" Sirius asked.

"The sky is white, it means angels are nearby." Astrid explained before looking back at her daughter with a teary grin. Corinne and Castiel held onto either one of Venus' shoulders. "I love you, Venus!"

"We love you!" shouted Sirius over the sound of trees brushing against eachother and falling down, making contact with ten ground.

Venus looked at them through the strong winds that blew dirt and rock every which way as the ground shook vigorously. "I love—"

She was in a corridor. In Hogwarts at Gryffindor Tower. Neither Castiel or Corinne were at her sides. Venus didn't know how to feel. She didn't know if what she'd just saw even happened. She considered even going down to the hospital wing before looking down at her neck. Cascading below the charm Harry gave her for Christmas, a golden necklace swayed softly.

Telling the Fat Lady the password in an overly cherry tone, she pushed through the portrait hole and into the common room. Almost everyone was by the fire, the room fell silent when she entered. Her happiness had been cut short too often. She could hear gasps, whispers and humming as she walked past and up toward the girls dormitories. Lavender and Parvarti inside, still wide awake.

"Oh hi, Venus," Parvarti said reluctantly.

"I assume the news spread," Venus replied, regarding the Slytherins interruption of her encounter with Metatron.

"I think it's pretty cool. It's nice to know Angels exist and that they watch over us," said Parvarti pleasantly.

Lavender blanched.

"I wish I could support your thought," Venus answered light-heartedly, looking over at Constance's empty bed. "Where's Constance?"

"I think she's with Ron and Hermione, probably in the boys dorms," Parvarti shared, smiling. She didn't know how much her friendliness meant to Venus.

"Thanks Parvarti."

As she entered Ron and Harry's dormitory, the pressure of at least three people hit her as soon as she entered, nearly knocking her off of her feet. Hermione, Ron and Constance had beat Harry to the punch at greeting Venus. Though, Venus wish they'd just taken turns.

"Are you alright?" Hermione asked worryingly.

"Where did you go?" Ron questioned.

"Did Castiel and Corinne take you on a mission or something?" Constance insinuated.

"Guys!" Harry said loudly, silencing the trio that continued to bombard her with questions about where'd she gone. "Let her breathe."

"She can breathe when she's answered our questions," Constance shot back, taking Venus' hand and pushing her in the bed besides Harry.

Ron nodded hastily in agreement. They all looked at her expectingly with starry eyes, waiting to hear a bizzare, divine and fantastical story about Venus and her two guardian angels. They kicked their feet like children waiting for a bedtime story.

Tired and exhausted from her night Venus said, "just an Angel lesson. Nothing important."

Ron and Constance groaned. Hermione looked slightly disappointed but nodded understandably.

"They're talking about closing the school," said Harry, brushing curl off of Venus' face.

"Lupin said they would," added Ron.

There was a pause.

"I put Cordelia to bed," Constance said to Venus.

"Thank you, she's okay right?"

Constance smiled and gave her a hearty nod.

"So?" said Venus in a very low voice, turning to Harry. "Did you end up getting the Horcrux?"

Harry shook his head.

"Someone had already taken it and left a fake in its place." he said, looking crestfallen.

"Already taken — ?"

Wordlessly, Harry pulled the fake locket from his pocket, opened it, and passed it to Venus.

"R.A.B.," whispered Venus, "who was that?"

"Dunno," said Harry, lying back on his bed fully clothed and staring blankly upwards.

Venus looked over at the other three who sat on Ron's bed, they were all glancing down pityingly at Harry. . . None of this truly mattered to him, not at the moment. Dumbledore was dead. Unlike many Hogwarts students, Venus wasn't as sad as she should be.

Because as she always believed. He continued to live, even after his death.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

【 AUTHORS NOTE! :

I feel bad I've caused Venus this much pain. Oops.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.1K 60
𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠. ~ Draco Malfoy wasn't perfect, but neither was she. It seemed like they were destined for one another...
592K 20.1K 89
❝ you're like a mystery just waiting to be solved. ❞ in which 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐭𝐭 holds more...
946 94 10
"𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒚" 𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒖𝒔 𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒙 𝒇𝒆𝒎!𝒐𝒄 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒖𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒆𝒓𝒂
2K 212 48
"𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬, 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦. 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣�...