ONLY FRIEND; reggie peters {R...

By janiabeans

๐ŸŽต โ› you're signing off again, but you're my only friend โœ ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ: a girl who struggles to draw the line... More

~ฮตรฏะท~ ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„
01. {demon baby}
three girls crying
butterflies and glitter
spirit rally
off the deep end
flying solo
cute air
country music
the dance
lacrosse team dancing
the gig
physics lesson
unfinished business
band circle
playing the orpheum

julie's party

2.6K 95 119
By janiabeans

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

that same evening was julie's party, her dad, stasie and flynn had planned together. as flynn was setting up her speakers, stasie was inside, bringing some food outside.

a familiar whooshing noise was heard, knowing who it would be, stasie didn't look up from the food platters.

"stasie, did team b win? i was rooting for you guys on the sidelines."

she beamed, "yeah, we won. by the way, thank you for that."

reggie shrugged, "it's no trouble, i thought it was pretty fun."

"it was." stasie nodded.

"could you do me a favour?" reggie suddenly asked, "before i have to go perform."

she looked up at him, "uh, sure. what would you like?"

"could you try this sandwich and tell me how it tastes?" he pointed to the tuna & sweet corn sandwich, "it looks amazing."

stasie laughed at his odd request, "i really shouldn't..."

"oh, but you should." he grinned, "please?"

"only because you helped me in science." she sighed while picking up the bread. stasie peered over to the boy who had a large grin on his face. she took a normal-sized bite into the sandwich and began chewing slowly.

with his elbows resting on the table and his head in his hands, reggie watched her every move, excitedly.

once stasie had swallowed and denigrated the bite, she spoke up. "it's really good."

"that's it?" he frowned, "rate it."

"out of ten?"

he nodded.

"nine." she finalised before picking up another tray and waving goodbye to him.

before she could reach the back door, he had appeared in front of her, "wait, are you sure? it looked like a solid ten."

"i prefer brown bread." she shrugged before stepping through him as leaving.

"what's up, everybody." flynn's voice was heard through the speakers, "time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. here's the new anthem from julie and the phantoms."

the crowd began cheering for the band. carols and one of his school friend pulled open the decorated studio door. julie stepped out and made her way over to the grand piano.

"thanks for coming, everyone." she said over the cheers, "♪ running from the past, tripping on the now ♪"

as she sang, her father reordered her with his camera. stasie squeezed through and stood next to the projector, waiting for her time to 'turn it on'.

♪ we all got a second act inside of us ♪

stasie flicked the projector's on switch and watched with a smile as the boys came on stage. julie stood from her place on the piano and stepped over to the boys.

the audience squealed and ray began chuckling in awe. stasie clapped her hands loudly and grinned, she found the band coming on stage exciting every time.

♪ i believe- i believe that we're just one dream ♪

with a satisfied smile, stasie walked away from the projector. as she passed the boy, she was handed a small camera by carlos.

"you can use this, and record everything around the stage," he explained.

the brunette and clutched the recorder, "great idea."

♪ cause we're standing on the edge of great ♪

"♪ on the edge of great ♪" the boys chimed in.

♪ great ♪

♪ on the edge of great ♪

♪ great ♪

♪ on the edge of great ♪

♪ cause we're standing on the edge of great ♪

"♪ we all make mistakes ♪" luke began his solo, receiving praise from the audience as he did, "♪ but they're just stepping stones to take us where we wanna go. it's never straight, no ♪"

as julie and luke sang together, stasie roamed the backyard. she captured the band, the crowd cheering and even did a little close up on flynn's face.

with a laugh, the girl pushed the camera out of her face, "stop."

"love it." stasie mouthed to her before going back to filming the band.

"♪ that this moment is ours to own ♪" julie sauntered over to her two best friends and took both their hands in one of hers.

stasie cheered for the girl and did a close up of her while flynn chuckled.

"yeah!"

♪ cause we're standing on the edge of great ♪

stasie turned around to record some more, and in the camera, she caught nick and carter with grins on their faces but carrie with a glare.

julie climbed onto the piano and sat on it, " ♪shout, shout come on and let it out, out ♪"

♪ don't gotta hide it. let your colours blind their eyes ♪

♪ be who you are, don't compromise ♪

michelle jackson walked into the back garden, silently greeted ray and watched the performance. she had definitely seen these boys somewhere, she just wasn't sure where.

"♪ oh, i believe ♪" julie started.

luke moved towards her while doing a solo on his guitar.

♪ i believe that we're just one dream ♪

♪ away from who we're meant to be ♪

♪ that we're standing on the edge of great ♪

julie stood up on the piano with her hands up, everyone began applauding and whooping at her actions.

as the four sang, reggie and alex had phased out halfway, leaving julie and luke by themselves.

"♪ running from the past ♪" they sang together, in one microphone, "♪ tripping on the now, what is lost can be found - it's obvious ♪"

flynn and stasie shared a look at how close their friend and the ghost was. but when luke disappeared, they forgot about it and began clapping with the crowd.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the party was over and all the guests had left. michelle, ray, carlos, stasie, flynn and julie were joined together in the dining room, eating the leftover pizza.

"i can't say this enough: that was incredible." flynn stated.

"it was amazing." stasie agreed, "the electricity was crazy."

flynn leaned over stasie to talk to julie, "but epic fail on that eye contact thing."

she was referencing her and luke's last moments. stasie nodded in agreement, her mouth full of pizza. julie glared at the duo and chuckled awkwardly.

"so how do you do those holograms?" carlos asked his sister.

"oh, don't try to understand it, carlos." ray shook his head, "i don't."

"that's because you're old."carlos remarked.

"good one, carlos." michelle high-fived the younger boy.

stasie frowned at the two's interaction and stuffed her mouth with more pizza.

"slow down," flynn warned.

ray fake laughed, "funny guy. i'd send you to your room, but then who's gonna clean up this mess?"

julie giggled, "don't poke the bear."

"mm-mm." flynn tutted.

"so what are the boys doing right now?" ray questioned as carlos walked away.

"exactly what i was thinking." michelle nodded.

"hanging out, i guess." julie told them.

"typical boy stuff." stasie added on.

"you know, or whatever you do when you're from where they're from." julie continued.

michelle gave them a sceptical look, they seemed unsure and vague with their answers.

"hey, so, what cameras did you use out there?" julie changed the subject.

"interested in my work?" ray looked taken aback while he took a seat, "well, uh... i shot with an xf105."

when stasie put her fists out, julie and flynn both tapped it with theirs. the three girls rested their heads under their hands and listened to the man ramble.

"that's what i used. the latest model. it's very good." he explained, "but the other guys had the wide..."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

while laying down on her queen-sized bed, stasie scribbled down some maths working out on an a4 sheet.

there was a loud knock on her bedroom door. thinking it was her mum, stasie told the person they could enter.

reggie phased through the door and frowned when he saw what she was doing, "you're doing schoolwork? after that amazing party?"

"oh, h-hey reggie." stasie greeted him, "and yeah, some people still need school."

"are you directing that at me?" reggie grinned.

"maybe." stasie shrugged, "so, what brings you here?"

"just wanted to say hello." reggie told her, "hello."

"hi." she greeted him as she realised something, "you came all this way to say 'hello'?"

"all this way? i mean, i just appeared outside your door but-" reggie stopped himself, "i have an unusual request."

"you know what else is unusual?" stasie began talking, "the way olympic gold medals are actually made mostly of silver."

the boy sat on her bed, "really? and what are the silver ones made of?"

"erm... i'm not sure." stasie shook her head, "i could research that for you if you'd like."

"that'd be nice, thanks." reggie nodded.

"no problem. so... what's the request?"

"could you uh... try touching my face? i know alex and luke can but..."

stasie was taken aback by his question. she looked him in the eye and saw a glimmer of hope, making her feel guilty.

"i c-can't-"

"just try, please." reggie said hastily, without reasoning.

the girl nodded and slowly elevated her hand to his cheek. her grasp immediately went through his face, as if he wasn't even there.

"i can't feel you." stasie shook her head with a sad smile, "you're a ghost, remember?"

sitting beside her was the boy she was developing a crush on. the same boy she was unable to touch. the same boy who had died twenty-five years ago.

reggie laughed with a nod, "i doubt i'll ever forget."

"i'm sorry."

"it's not your fault." reggie reassured her, "darn it, this got sad fast."

stasie chuckled and nodded. she watched as the playful boy laid back on her bed and turned to face her.

"darn it?"

"is that not a thing anymore?"

"depends on whether you're seventeen... or fifty." stasie joked.

"mm-hm, got it." he replied, "so, let me see this work you're doing."

"it's maths." she explained, "algebra: factorising equations."

"right." reggie nodded, cluelessly, "yeah, i have no idea what that means."

"i'll explain." she told him with a laugh, "so, here there is are two xs and we need to..."

⎯ ❃ neens speaks!

i'm so sorry for taking so long to update but i'm finally on spring break!!

cute sadish stas and reg moment at the end omg

gif is the baes performing xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.9K 1.2K 38
"all i know is this could either break my heart or bring it back to life got a feelin' your electric touch could fill this ghost town up with life" ...
354K 9.7K 21
Stephanie was living the dream. She was in an amazing band called Sunset Curve with her best friends. Not to mention they had the biggest gig of thei...
215K 7K 36
โ ... ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐’”๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ๐’๐’† ๐’‘๐’Š๐’†๐’„๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐’š๐’๐’–, ๐’๐’ ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐’‰๐’๐’˜ ๐’ƒ๐’“๐’๐’Œ๐’†๐’, ๐’Š๐’” ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’”๐’๐’๐’–๐’•๐’†๐’๐’š ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’‚๐’–๐’•๐’Š๐’‡๐’–๐’ ... โž โ”€ IN...
215K 6.5K 31
โ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐›๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐ญโž -- ๐ซ.๐ก. ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง book 1 julie and the phantoms / l...