Backstabber (Five Hargreeves...

By characters_need_love

[ON HOLD TEMPORARILY] backstabber : a co-worker or friend assumed trustworthy but who figuratively attacks wh... More

Check In
Introduction
We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals
Run Boy Run Pt.1
Run Boy Run Pt.2
Run Boy Run Pt.3
Run Boy Run Pt.4
Run Boy Run Pt.5
Memes Pt.1
Extra Ordinary Pt.1
Extra Ordinary Pt.2
Man on the Moon Pt.1
Man on the Moon Pt.2
Man on the Moon Pt.3
Man on the Moon Pt.4
Tagged
Memes Pt.2
The Past of the Mystery Girl Pt. 1
The Past of the Mystery Girl Pt.2
Number Five
Memes Pt.3
The Day That Wasn't Pt.1
The Day That Wasn't Pt.2
The Day That Was Pt.1
Memes Pt.4
The Day That Was Pt.2
The Day That Was Pt.3
The Day That Was Pt.4
Memes Pt.5
Rescue the Princess Pt.1
Rescue the Princess Pt.2
Rescue the Princess Pt.3
Rescue the Princess Pt.4
Memes Pt.6
Rescue the Princess Pt.5
Fictional Crush Q&A Tag
Rescue the Princess Pt.6
Rescue the Princess Pt.7
Rescue the Princess Pt.8
Rescue the Princess Pt.9
Rescue the Princess Pt.10
Rescue the Princess Pt.11
Rescue the Princess Pt.12
Memes Pt.7
Rescue the Princess Pt.13
πŸŽƒπŸ’€Halloween SpecialπŸ’€πŸŽƒ
What Will Happen (Important A/N)
Rescue the Princess Pt.14
I Heard a Rumor Pt.1
I Heard a Rumor Pt.2
One of u needs to come clean
I Heard a Rumor Pt.3
Not a Chapter but Important
I Heard a Rumor Pt.4
I Heard a Rumor Pt.5
I Heard a Rumor Pt.6
Memes Pt.8
I Heard a Rumor Pt.7
I Heard a Rumor Pt.8
I Heard a Rumor Pt.9
Changes Pt.1
Changes Pt.3
Changes Pt.4
Memes Pt.9
Changes Pt.5
Changes Pt.6
Q&A Pt.1
Changes Pt.7
Changes Pt.8
Changes Pt.9
Changes Pt.10
Changes Pt.11
Changes Pt.12
Memes Pt.10
Changes Pt.13
Changes Pt.14
The White Violin Pt.1
The White Violin Pt.2
The White Violin Pt.3
The White Violin Pt.4
Public Apology
The White Violin Pt.5 (Final Part)
Memes Pt.11
Memes Pt.12
Five in Wonderland: Down the Rabbit Hole
Five in Wonderland: Advice From a Caterpillar
Five in Wonderland: The Grinning Cat
Five in Wonderland: A Mad Tea Party
Five in Wonderland: The Queens' Croquet Ground
Five in Wonderland: Who Stole the Tarts
Five in Wonderland: Five's Evidence (Final Part)
Introduction 2
Right Back Where We Started
The Frankel Footage
The Swedish Job
The Majestic 12 Pt.1
The Majestic 12 Pt.2
The Creatures of the Night Pt.1

Changes Pt.2

967 44 13
By characters_need_love

Song Choice: Fall Out Boy - Thanks For the Memories

Once they got back to the academy, Five led the way into the mansion with (Y/n) following in pursuit. They entered the living room to see Diego pacing back and forth in the room and Klaus huddled into the couch. (Y/n) expected them to freak out but she was committed to proving and showing to them of another side to her that they could trust. But she was surprised when they weren't even fazed. Five actually told and explained to them his reasoning to fetch her before he left.

Diego repeated his past words of "don't let your imagination cloud your judgment" and that's when it hit Five on what that actually meant. For so long he created a version of her that he convinced himself (and tricked into believing) was her true self. He was so focused on the bright side of her he didn't even consider anything past that. He made himself believe she was a good person which impacted and unfocused his better judgement of his suspicions of her. But his perception of her still hasn't faltered by a lot. He still believed she was a good person deep down, she was just thrown into the wrong path very early in her life. And he was going to stick by his promise and help guide her into a new one.

Diego approached the duo as they walked toward the living room. "Ya know the bastard that nearly killed our sister's still out there, with Vanya. We need to go after her."

"Vanya is not important." Five stated, a little harsh. Diego whipped his head to face his brother. "Hey, that's your sister. A little heartless even for you, Five."

Five growled out. "I'm not saying I don't care about her, but if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other seven billion of us." Before Five could give anymore sass, (Y/n) came to the rescue with a soft voice. "Harold Jenkins should be our first priority."

Diego looked her up and down, clearly still not completely trusting her but siding with her. "I agree. Let's go."

"You guys count me out." Klaus quickly said while fidgeting his hand around his mouth, looking to the ground. "I mean, you know, no offense or whatever. It's just... I kind of feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for newly-sober me, so..."

"You're coming." Diego stated as the three standing professional killers stared at him.

"No, no, no. I mean, I think we can all agree that my power's... I mean, it's pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you guys back."

"Klaus, get up."

Klaus glared, offended they weren't caring about what he had to say and additionally offended they thought they could drag him everywhere all the time. "You can't make me." He challenged.

The knife thrown in between his legs and too close to his groin was enough to make the recovering addict start to stand up out of fear. "Oh, then again, a little exercise couldn't hurt."

The three stalked toward the door before Klaus said "I need to take a leak first" in an annoyed tone of voice as he made his way to the bathroom real quick. The trio decided to just wait in the car for him but they opened up the door to one of the last faces Five and (Y/n) wanted to see.

"Going on a little road trip, little piggies?" Tana announced with a pointed gun, her burnt spot on her head still visible and an angry crazed look in her eyes.

The trio froze in their tracts in order to not prompt the brunette to shoot. "Tana, what are you doing here? How are you here?" (Y/n) said, shocked that Tana survived the explosion... but with an obvious fault.

"Excuse me." Diego interrupted with his hands still up but pointed a finger at his forehead. "You got a little something right there." He said while pointing out the elephant in the room. Five mentally facepalmed. He knew Diego wasn't aware of the girls anger issues but god that was not a good move for them at all.

Tana's eye twitched. "QUIET!" She screamed, tightening her grip on the gun and pointing it more aggressively at them. "Scarface! Low life! Judas!" She screamed again, personally victimizing them through name calling. "Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! Quiet!"

Melanie, who was standing off to the side of Tana, stepped forward next to Tana with a sheepish smile aimed at the brunette. "No, no, no. I told you you make it look hot." She said, clearly lying with her voice getting higher. She turned to the others. "Does she not look good guys?" She said with a forced smile and nervous eyes that were screaming 'tell her she looks good'.

Five winced with a cringe (knowing too well it looks way too awful to feel good about), Diego bit his lip (not finding it in him to tell her) and (Y/n)'s mouth hung agap (still shocked at the grouchy genius' head and hair).

Diego averted his eyes, not being able to look at the mess any longer, and his eyes landed on the more stable looking girl. He squinted at her. "You look familiar." He said before realizing that the two were the ones he saw at the boxing place earlier in the week. Before he could mention it though, wanting to confront the other girl he now recognized as the one who tried to attack him and let him off with a threat, but Melanie beat him to speaking first.

She stroked her light strawberry blonde hair with a pastel blush, still clearly crushing on the man. "Yeah, I'm kinda famous since I'm a trendsetter. Ever heard of the Tide Pod challenge?" She said, sounding a little too proud.

Diego's eyes widened, realizing that this girl now took the spot of the stupidest person he has ever met with just one sentence. "Oh my god, it was you. YOU'RE the idiot." He said as he recalled thinking about who was the first stupid person to eat a Tide Pod. "Klaus really was telling the truth." He mumbled to himself, making a mental note to apologize to Klaus for accusing him of being the one behind the challenge.

Tana cleared her throat loudly to steer the attention away from the oddball and back to her. Once all eyes were on her, she smirked devilishly and snickered bitterly. "We hit the jackpot haven't we Melanie? The pathetic momma's boy who can't accept the fact that his daddy didn't love him so he pretends to be a tough hero to cover up his own inferiority complex. The black hearted, arrogant traitor who switches sides more than a flipped coin and thinks doing whatever these people want makes her a good person and gets her a pass into heaven even though she knows she doesn't deserve anything good in the world. And the man child who has the best power of time travel but can't even use it right because of his own overestimation of himself and thinks playing confident will get him to first base even when he knows no one in their right mind would love someone as lonely and wanting as him." Tana got an ego boost after seeing all three tough eyes falter even a little bit.

Melanie gasped with stars practically in her icy blue eyes as she looked over to Five when remembering he can time travel. "You're like that doctor from Back to the Future who sent that boy back in time!" She let out a squeal before sighing and looking at the slightly taller girl who seemed annoyed that she interrupted her. "Man I love that movie, I think it's one of my favorites. Uncle Fester is in it ya know."

Tana turned to the hourglass figured girl. "Wow I love that you're telling me this like I actually care." She said with a blank glare and over dramatic sarcasm. She took a deep breath, just like she learned in anger management classes, then turned back to her prey. "Getting rid of the three most valuable assets to the end of the apocalypse will for sure guarantee my spot at the top! You're the only ones who are caring enough and with you three gone the remaining four will basically make the apocalypse come faster and easier! The crybaby who has basically already given up on life, the emotional self-server who doesn't even use her amazing power, the stoner that can't even remember what street he lives on, and the most average looking fish personality who is probably offing herself right now! This is almost too good to be true!" Tana declared with unhealthy excitement.

(Y/n) glared and tightened her fists. She may not be ready to face just anything yet, but she's been thinking about how she's going to be ready for the future challenges. And this was one of them. She stepped forward. "Tana, knock if off. Just give up before I have to break you." She cracked her neck at the end of her sentence, showing Tana that she's not feeling patient at the moment.

Tana's insanity made her smile as wide as possible with unsettling wide eyes. "Your threats are the only thing keeping me from winning now."

(Y/n) didn't like that sentence.

Tana directed the tip of the gun toward Five first.

(Y/n) didn't like that at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 307 25
love got me confused and scared ━━━ Β©lcveaidan book two of the pause series.
1.7K 129 19
I never knew that betrayal would come my way...especially when it was my own blood who commited the crime. The person I love...the family I once knew...
2.6K 53 11
PART 2 of Hard Feelings series. As your life begins to grow around Five's, you're not sure what you find more sinister: the machinations of an evil s...
1.2K 165 24
....With all the SMILES you brought me I never thought you could cause me so many TEARS... The story about Friendship, love , loyalty, trust, betraya...