The God Hashira

By Aband0nedL0gic

A strange man arrives at the Kamado household seeking shelter. Along the way, the stranger is taken on a jour... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Demon's Struggle
Chapter 2: Tanjiro's Training
Chapter 3: Selection and First Mission
Chapter 5: Hello New People
Chapter 6: I Smell Wisteria
Chapter 7: Spiders... Why Spiders...
Chapter 8: One Difficult Meeting Later
Chapter 9: Rehabilitation
Chapter 10: The Demon Train

Chapter 4: Preparation For Confrontation

1K 20 0
By Aband0nedL0gic

Edward: I can't thank you enough for letting me stay with you.

Mitsuri: It's the least I could do for all you've done for me.

Currently, Mitsuri and Edward are spending some time together getting caught up.

Edward: Mitsuri, do you know when Final Selection is supposed to end?

Mitsuri takes a moment to think, "I think it will end in another 4 days, why?"

Edward: Sakonji's student, Tanjiro, was participating along with Genya and Kanao. I just wanted to know because I'm traveling with Tanjiro for the time being.

Mitsuri: Oh. Will you be meeting up with him again soon.

Edward: Possibly. I find it best for the students to go on their first mission alone so they know what they're capable of.

Mitsuri: How lovely, you always know what's best for your students.

Edward poses, "Why of course I do. It's what I pride myself on."

Mitsuri laughs at her past sensei's antics.

Edward: Anyways, I should start dinner. Anything you would like?

Mitsuri: Not particularly. I'll let you decide.

Edward: Alrighty then.

He makes his way into the kitchen and decides to make some Sakuramochi.

Once finished, Edward returns with the food and gives it to Mitsuri.

Mitsuri: Oh, my favorite! How did you know?

Edward: I pay attention to the small things.

Edward let's Mitsuri enjoy her food while he decides to take a look around her estate.

Edward pays attention to just how colorful she decided make it. The main colors though were a bright pink and green.

Edward: This doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

As he continues to make his way around, he ends up bumping into a small man and knocking him over.

???: I'm sorry, I wasn't looking were I was going.

Edward: It's fine. Neither was I.

Edward helps the man up and dusts him off, "Sorry about that. My name's Edward, what's yours?"

Obanai: Iguro Obanai, the serpent pillar.

Edward: Ah, another Hashira. I take it your here to talk to Mitsuri?

Obanai: Yes, I wanted her opinion on something.

Edward: If you don't mind me asking, what did you want her opinion on?

Obanai visibly tenses up. Edward realises it must be something personal.

Edward: Ah, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. But does it have something to do with the mask?

Edward points to the mask that Obanai has covering his mouth. Obanai reacts in a way that is a dead give away to Edward.

Edward: I see. I could do my best to help.

Obanai: I really don't see how you could help. I just wanted to see if Mitsuri would look at me differently if she knew about this.

Edward: Well, even if I can't help, I can give some advice if I know what the problem is.

Obanai: *Sigh* Fine. Come on.

Obanai drags Edward to another room. Once they enter, Obanai takes off his mask, revealing forceful cuts on both sides of his mouth.

Edward: Those look old, what happened.

Obanai: Before I was a Demon Slayer, I had a run in with a demon and they marked me by forcefully cutting my mouth open to be like a snakes.

Edward: Well, I know I can't help now, but I can go into some research to see if I can help close that up and make it less noticeable.

Obanai doesn't know how to react, "Oh, I.. um, thank you. I really appreciate it."

Edward: I'll do my best. Now, let's go talk to Mitsuri.

Edward walks with Obanai to where Mitsuri is sitting.

Edward: Mitsuri, your friend's here.

Mitsuri: Iguro-san! Its nice to see you!

Obanai: It's great to see you too, Mitsuri-san. Um, can I ask you something?

Mitsuri: Of course! You can ask me anything.

Obanai seems hesitant push goes through with it nonetheless, "I need to show you something. Please don't think differently of me."

He slowly removes his mask, revealing his scared face to Mitsuri.

Mitsuri, of course, was surprised at first but calmed down quickly, "There's nothing that would make me think differently of you, not even your scars."

Obanai was glad she was so understanding.

Edward: Hey, does anyone know what time the meeting is?

Mitsuri takes a second to think. Once she finally remembers, she stands quickly.

Mitsuri: It's in about an hour. We should get ready to leave.

Obanai: I'll take my leave then. I'll be seeing you two there.

Obanai puts back on his mask and makes his way out of the estate.

Mitsuri: I'll go get ready.

Edward: I'll sharpen my sword.

Mitsuri looks at Edward with a curious expression, "Why do you need to sharpen your swords?"

Edward shrugs, "You never know when you'll need to fight."

Mitsuri nods and leaves while Edward starts inspecting and sharpening his sword.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagaya: Thank you all for gathering here today.

As of now, all Hashira(-Edward) are gathered together at Demon Slayer headquarters. Master Kagaya Ubuyashiki is giving an announcement.

Kagaya: As most of you know, we have been one Hashira short for some time. Since some new information has been brought to my attention, I must make an announcement.

Rengoku: Master, if I may, if your making the announcement I think you are... then I'm afraid I must step down as a Hashira.

Uzui/Sanemi/Muichiro: As am I.

Master does not falter, instead he smiles.

Kagaya: I understand, but that is not what I intend to say.

Sanemi: Then what are you saying, Master?

Kagaya: Well, as you know, Edward has been known to travel for long periods of time without warning. But today, I have good news.

Most Hashira raise their heads with interest.

Kagaya: After around 3 years, Edward has finally returned.

Master steps aside to reveal Edward standing there with a smile on his face.

Edward: An here I thought y'all forgot about me.

Many Hashira smile at Edward's return.

Kagaya: That is all I have to say. You may reunite once again with our missing Hashira.

All Hashira stand and walk to where Edward has moved to.

Rengoku: It has been too long, dear friend.

Gyomei: It is great to hear your voice again.

Uzui: What a Flamboyant entrance!

Obanai: I had no idea you were a Hashira.

Edward: I couldn't wait to see you all again. I'm very proud of you all.

Muichiro: Hi, dad.

Edward turns towards Muichiro, "Hello again, son. I would never have expected you to want to be a Hashira.

Shinobu: Son?! Your his son?

Shinobu frantically looks between Edward and Muichiro.

Edward: Yep, Mui is my adoptive son.

Edward then turns to Giyu, "Hello again Tomioka. Quiet as ever I see."

Sanemi: Sensei, would you mind following me?

Edward: Not at all, lead the way.

Sanemi takes Edward a little away from the group, leaving the rest of the Hashira to talk among themselves.

Edward: So, what'd you need?

Sanemi punches Edward right in the jaw, knocking him over in the process. This act gains the attention of the rest of the Hashira.

Edward: I deserved that.

Sanemi: Where were you!? I looked everywhere yet there was still no sign of you! I thought you left us for good!

Rengoku, having made his way with the other Hashira over to the two, helps Edward to his feet.

Edward: I understand that your upset and I'm sorry. I should have told you where I was going, it was selfish of me not too. Will you be able to forgive my mistake.

Sanemi: *Sigh* I will, as long as you don't do something like this again.

Edward: I promise to never do something so selfish ever again.

Mitsuri: So wholesome!

Uzui: How Flamboyant!

Giyu: What a nice encounter.

Shinobu: Shut up, Tomioka-san, nobody likes you.

Edward laughs at how everyone acts, "Ahh, I miss this."

Sanemi: Your estate should be the way you left it. I had it kept in pristine condition for your return.

Edward: Thank you. Well, I should get going. I'll be seeing you all again later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~6 Days Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edward: I'm so bored!

Edward has been cooped up at his lonely estate for days with nothing to do but sit there.

Edward: What to do, what to do.... hmmm, Kanao should be back by now. I should visit Shinobu then.

Out of boredom, Edward finally frees himself from his estate and goes to visit Shinobu and Kanao at the Butterfly Estate.

Upon arrival, Edward decides to announce his presence.

Edward: I am here!

???: There you are. Its been awhile since your last visit.

Edward: Now that is a familiar voice. Is that you, Aoi?

Aoi: Who else would be here to take care of the place?

Edward laughs, "Fair enough. So, how have you been?"

Aoi: I've been great, actually. Everyone is a big help when they want to be.

Edward: That's great. You been taking breaks like I told you to?

Aoi: Yes I have. I haven't been overworking myself at all.

Edward: Perfect. I hated the times I would show up and see you passed out from doing too much. It wasn't good for your health.

Aoi huffs, "Yeah yeah. If your looking for Master and Kanao, Master's in her room working and Kanao is in the garden."

Edward smiles, "Thanks, I owe you one."

Aoi: I hold you to that.

Edward makes his way to the garden where Kanao is supposed to be.

Edward: Now, where is the young flower at.

Kanao: Over here.

Kanao is sitting on the balcony over-looking the garden. Edward makes his way over and sits next to her.

Edward: How have you been?

Kanao: Good.

Although still of few words, Kanao never needs to flip her coin when talking to Edward. Not even she knows why.

Edward: That's good. I'm sorry I missed you at Final Selection, but good job on passing.

Kanao: Thank you.

A few moments of silence pass between the two.

Edward: God, this got awkward quick.

Kanao lets out a small giggle.

Edward: Here, I have something for you.

He pulls out a small stone from his pocket and passes it too Kanao.

Kanao: What's this for?

Edward: It's a special stone that is supposed to calm one's mind if they become too indecisive. You can use it if there are too many options for your coin to decide.

Albeit a small gesture, Kanao gladly keeps the stone. She's always been one to cherish any gift no matter the size.

Kanao: Thank you. It's very beautiful.

Edward: Most fitting for a girl like you. Now, I must be off, I need to talk to Shinobu about something.

Edward stands up and Kanao waves goodbye before going back to looking at the stone.

Edward arrives at the door to Shinobu's room. Instead of knocking, he barges in without any warning.

Shinobu, who was working on herb mixing, jumps in surprise before being lifted up by Edward.

Shinobu: Hey! Put me down!

Edward: Not until you take a break!

Shinobu: Fine! Fine! Just put me down!

Edward sets down an upset Shinobu.

Shinobu brushes herself off, "Was there something you needed?"

Edward: Yes, actually.

Shinobu: Well what is it then?

Edward: If at any point a kid named Tanjiro Kamado ends up here, please treat him with care along with his sister.

Shinobu: O...k?

Edward: It may not make sense now but it will when the time comes.

Edward turns around and walks to the door, "Well, I'll be taking my leave now. Give my best to all of the Butterfly Estate."

Edward leaves and makes his way outside.

Once he makes his way outside, a crow makes its way to his side.

The crow is holding directions to where a demon was spotted taking a child to an abandoned building.

Edward: Well, looks like I've got myself a mission.

Edward: Demons! Here I come!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And boom, done. That's chapter 4 of "The God Hashira" finished. I had to get another chapter out to make myself feel better for being gone for so long. Thank you for reading and I'll see y'all in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 227 14
β˜†------------------------------β˜† This story talks about the life of a demon slayer who's only goal was to fix the relationship she had with her remai...
840 59 11
Y/n and Sanemi have always clashed-she thinks he's reckless, he thinks she's uptight. But when they're forced to work together on a lengthy mission...
15.3K 866 22
A story about a girl who brings light to those around her despite being shrouded in darkness herself. WARNING: THIS STORY MAY CONTAIN ▫️Strong Langua...
527 59 29
!!KNY SWAP AU!! !!MOST OF THE CHARACTERS HAVE BEEN SWAPPED WITH ANOTHER!! !!SIMILAR PLOT/STORYLINE!! !!DEMON SLAYER DOES NOT BELONG TO ME AS IT BELON...