1| Q҉U҉I҉E҉T҉U҉S҉ - J҉. H҉E҉R...

By EstellaNovella

In which Davina Rollins has more talents than just drawing. JACE HERONDALE X OC More

CAST
PART I
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43

4

14.8K 319 50
By EstellaNovella

The streets of Brooklyn were almost empty as a redheaded woman with a vine tattoo on her face hurried through the streets. The only light she had to guide her was that of the lamps lining the streets, illuminating the small bundle in her arms. She stopped before an apartment building and rang the doorbell. Davina's home.

The woman knocks on the door and Dot opens the door, her expression changing to one of distaste once she realises who it was knocking at her door. A quiet conversation ensues between the two women, one seemingly begging and Dot was shaking her head.

"Why me?" Dot asks, leaning against the door frame. "I know nothing about children or taking care of them. I never thought to learn"

"Magnus Bane trusts you with his life," The red-headed woman says, rocking the baby in her arms gently. "Jackson Branwell has his own, pure Shadowhunter child to look after and wants nothing to do with her. His half-breed child"

"Why can't you look after her?" Dot asks in confusion.

"I have many enemies," The redheaded woman says. "I love my child, I love her to the extent that I have to let her go"

"When do I tell her the truth?" Dot asks.

"When I decide it will be safe for her to be known by her true title," The woman says. "But until that day comes, until the Seelie court is safe, I want her to live as though she was a mundane"

The woman brushes the hair out of the sleeping baby's face.

"My beautiful Davina," The woman says, pressing a kiss to the baby's forehead before handing her to Dot. "My beloved"

Davina's dream is interrupted with a gasp when she shoots up in bed. She quickly sits upright, but her journey to find her bearings is blocked as she slams her forehead into someone else's.

"Shit," Davina hisses, raising her hand to rub the impact site.

"Ouch, "Davina's eyes move up to see the stunning brunette from the club sat at the end of her bed. 

"You were at the club," 

"I'm Isabelle. I've never seen Jace so curious about a mundane or distracted. Like you saw earlier, distractions are dangerous in our line of work" Isabelle says.

"If you're going to just drop cryptic statements, please stop talking," Davina huffs. "It's really of no use to me"

"You really don't know much, do you?"

"I watched two men abduct Clary's mother and my mother morphed into a creature of nightmares and now I'm here," 

"And by "here" I assume you mean "saved your life"?" Isabelle asks.

Footsteps stop Davina from providing a sarcastic retort to Isabelle's question and she looks up to see the blonde that had carried her from the apartment and his brunette friend from the club with Clary in tow.

Davina stops herself from answering Isabelle's question with a sarcastic retort when footsteps fill her ears. She looks up to see Jace accompanied by a tall brunette man who she also recognised from the club with Clary behind them.

"They shouldn't be here," The brunette man says. "To have two mundanes here-"

"Are you all so cryptic?" Davina snaps. "Just give me answers or I'm just going to leave"

"They're not mundanes, Alec"

"How do you know that?" Alec asks.

"Because the seraph blade lit up when she touched it. Look, Isabelle, can you" The blonde sits on the end of the bed. "I'm Jace Wayland"

"I'm Davi-"

"Davina Rollins, we know who you are," Jace says. "Clary told us"

"I'm also capable of speaking so there was no need to interrupt me," 

"Am I the only one who finds this unusual?" Alec asks.

"You find everything unusual, Alec," Jace says.

"I have to report this to the Clave"

"You know what? Dial it down a notch" Jace says.

"My brother doesn't have a dial. I love you, Alec, but you have a switch that's always on,"

"I love you, too. But this-" Alec says.

"Hey, you know what? Give me a minute. Here's a word you never hear me say. Please?"

"What is with you? Really, no, what is with him?" Alec asks.

"Walk with me, big brother. Come on Clary"

Davina watches as Alec and Isabelle walk out the door with Clary trailing behind them like a lost puppy.

"Your wound, it's healed," Jace says.

Davina looks down and sees that her skin had healed completely, without even a scar remaining.

"If you're about to tell me that you're magical, I'm jumping out of that window," 

"No. No, don't confuse me with a warlock"

"Of course a warlock, because those are real outside of fantasy novels,"

"A warlock. It's one of the Downworlders"

Davina raises an eyebrow at Jace to show she was still just as clueless as she had been thirty seconds ago and he sighs, running his fingers through his hair.

"Warlocks, vampires, Seelies-"

"Seelie?" 

At Davina's recognition of a word relating to the Shadow World, Jace's head snaps up inquisitively. 

"How do you know of Seelies?"

"A dream I had," Davina mutters, rubbing her forehead. 

"Well, I'll keep it simple for you. All the legends are true. We're Shadowhunters"

"We protect the human world from the demon world. So those people you saw murdered at the Pandemonium, they weren't people at all, they were Shapeshifting demons"

"I'm not interested in being a gothic ninja," Davina says. "So I'm going to go to the police and try to find my mother"

"Unfortunately for you, I'm the best chance you've got," Jace says.

"Well thank you man I don't know who looks like he could be killed by a gust of wind-" Davina begins but she is distracted by her phone ringing.

"How come you nor Clary haven't answered your phone in two days?"

"Because you can't be number one priority all the time Simon," 

"Where are you? Find My Friends says Clary's phone is in an abandoned church on Deighton. I'm outside"

Davina climbs from the bed and darts to the window to see Simon standing by his unmistakable bright yellow van.

"I see you brought that horrific van," 

"I don't see you"

"Give me five minutes. I have to get dressed and then we're talking about the ethical issues with stalking," 

"Dressed? What are you doing undressed in an abandoned church? Vee is there... Is there a meth problem we have to talk about?"

"I wish it was as simple as a meth problem," Davina says. "Simon, just give me five minutes, okay?"

Davina looks down to reveal she was dressed in an oversized t-shirt before looking at Jace, gesturing to her attire.

"I had to burn your clothes,"

"You did what?" Davina fixes Jace with a glare and he raises his hands defensively. 

"They were covered in demon venom," He shrugs. "Isabelle left you some clothes"

"Cute," Davina says, picking up a knee-high boot and admiring the object.

"She's very comfortable with her body"

Davina stares at herself in the mirror and admires her outfit. The green dress, which Isabelle had given her, hugs all of Davina's curves, and the boots make her legs look a mile long. But her attention moves from her outfit to the large marking on the side of her neck.

"What in the actual f-"

"I drew that"

"Okay, listen. I still don't get everything that's going on here, but you do not tattoo my neck. That's illegal, highly illegal"

"Duly noted. I guess next time I'll just let you die,"

"What does that even mean?!"

"It's a rune," Jace says. "They have enormous power. Good for Shadowhunters. Lethal for humans. But you, you already know all about runes, don't you?"

Jace lifts Davina's sketchbook to reveal symbols all over the page but Davina just stares at him blankly. 

"Maybe you don't. Which is what makes you so interesting Davina Rollins"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 104 21
Everybody thought Sebastian was dead... Everybody thought Fallon was just a girl... Everybody thought Adeline was simple... Everybody thought Hero wa...
34.5K 982 20
For Elizabeth Santiago, family is everything.
383K 11K 200
In which I write short gif imagines for the shadowhunters characters. 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐆𝐢𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝
74.1K 1.8K 30
In which Davina Rollins needs to hunt down the most notorious Shadowhunter to save the love of her life. JACE HERONDALE X OC