2018

By binjinyes

A short story of what could've transpired in 2018. From aquaintances to best friends, fate and destiny lead H... More

CONVERSATION
COMPLIMENTS
CONFESSION
COURTING
CONFIRMATION
COMMITMENT
CONSTANCY - day one
CONTENTMENT - day two
COMPATIBILITY
CERTITUDE

CONNECTION

5.6K 156 26
By binjinyes

They were filming a crucial part of the film today. It is the only scene where the two leads meet each other. Everybody was looking forward how the two actors will deliver this difficult scene. They have filmed it before but due to some controversy involving another actor, they decided to reshoot. When the camera rolled, both Hyunbin and Yejin showcased their top-tier acting once again.

-- AND CUT! --

Their expressions immediately changed when they finished the scene. She smiled though her eyes still red and her hands cold and shaking from the grief and anger she portrayed. Hyunbin strode towards her and squeezed her shoulder, trying to comfort her while giving her space to recover.

They finished filming without hitches and directornim was happy with the result. Knowing that the scene was emotionally heavy for both actors, he invited them to cool down through dinner and a few drinks.

"Today's filming must be emotionally exhausting to the both of you. I apologize for abruplty asking you to reshoot. Let's enjoy the dinner and drinks tonight!" Directornim happily announced.

Director, Hyunbin, Yejin, and their managers were seated in the same table. They were talking about the challenges they have overcame while filming.

"Yejinssi, congratulations on your comeback drama! You're still filming, right? I'm sorry I had to squeeze our shoot in between your busy schedule." Directornim inquired as he knew how hectic her schedule was.

"Ne, directornim. We're filming the last few episodes. Don't worry about it! I was actually excited when they told me. I missed everyone," she winked and displayed her full smile, washing away the director's concerns.

"I'm glad to hear that. Well, I hope your boyfriend is fine with us borrowing you for a day, on your supposed rest day," directornim smiled cheekily as he asked Yejin.

They have had several dinners together and they talked about random things, but their relationships was never mentioned. Given how secretive Yejin is with her personal life, people tend to be drawn about her relationships.

Yejin laughed and jokingly replied, "I'm dating with my work. No boyfriend as of the moment, director haha. I'm too passionate when I work, men seem to not like it."

Just like everyone around them, Hyunbin got curious about Yejin's personal life. He wondered about her relationship but he never asked because he himself finds it uncomfortable when his personal life is brought up while working. Yejin's answer surprised him.

Directornim went to the other table while their managers went to get more drinks leaving Hyunbin and Yejin alone.

"I personally know the struggles in meeting up and dating given our profession but, for sure you have a lot of suitors, Yejinssi." Hyunbin asked carefully.

"Well, I've been in a few relationships but it didn't worked. My friends have set me up to a few blind dates but I just don't feel it. I don't exactly know what I'm looking for but I don't seem to be lucky in the dating department," she replied with a head tilt and a half-smile, trying to lighten up the conversation.

Hyunbin was thinking of a proper reply when Yejin took a shot of sumbaek and continued, "All I want is a good guy. Are my expectations far too high? My friends tell me a novel-like love does not exist, but what can I do? I'm a hopeless romantic," she laughed at herself.

Hyunbin studied her companion and when he saw her staring blankly as  she allowed her thoughts to drift away, he smiled at her outburst.

"Nothing's wrong with having high expectations. Committing to love is an important life decision.

Don't worry, I suck at blind dates too," he whispered while checking if the other table heard him.

Yejin laughed at his antics and they continued laughing with their random conversations.

Everybody was in high spirits when they ended the night. Hyunbin and Yejin went arround to bid goodbye to the production team.

They were now standing at the door towards the parking lot as they waited for the chauffers to bring their respective cars. Yejin turned to look at Hyunbin when she spot her car coming, she bowed at him and shook hands. Hyunbin squeezed her shoulder and smiled sweetly, "No goodbyes, just see you soon." Yejin nodded and smiled brightly.

. . .

Hyunbin finished filming his upcoming movie, The Rampant. He had a few months of vacation before he begins filming his next drama. While resting at home, he absentmindedly opened his tv and scanned through the channels. He paused when he saw Yejin's drama on air. His curiosity got the best of him and ended up binge watch the previous episodes.

"Wow. Their acting is so raw, it almost seem real," he murmured to himself.

A flashback of her eye smiles, of her laughing at his jokes, of her opening up about her journey in the industry got him thinking. Since the reshoot, he would find himself remembering Yejin at the most mundane things. They haven't spent much time together, but he seem to be reminded of her about everything. As he watched Yejin on tv, he finally acknowledged how much he enjoys talking to her. He likes hearing her loud-hearty laughter; how she can be a sweet chatterbox. He likes how he felt whenever he's with her. He miss her.

He debated with himself about sending her a message. "Is she filming tonight? Or is she asleep already? But it's only 8 in the evening," he tried to rationalize the idea of sending her a short text.

"Hi Yejinssi! I watched your drama tonight. I hope filming is doing well," he edited his message for the nth time. He gulped and hit send before he change his mind again. His phone chimed as he excitedly read her reply.

Yejin was just lounging in her living room when she received Hyunbin's message.

"Hi binssi! Omo! I was watching it as well! We're almost done shooting the drama ☺️".

They continued chatting for the rest of the night; exchanging greetings and catching up with each other's lives.

Messaging each other naturally became part of their daily lives. There was never a dull moment in their conversations. They grew accustomed talking and updating each other.

🚎

Time has come to promote the movie Hyunbin and Yejin worked hard for. They spent weeks promoting The Negotiation nationwide. Traveling by bus for long hours has never been a burden since both enjoyed the company of one another.

Yejin placed her arms across her chest as she felt a little cold. She was wearing a see through, long sleeved black dress. Her personal assistant was sitting 2 rows away from her and from what she remembered, their luggage were placed at the bus compartment. She didn't want to bother anyone to get the blanket for her so she settled on warming herself as she softly caressed her arms.

The moment Yejin seated and looked at the direction of the aircon's blade, Hyunbin figured that she must be feeling cold. When he saw her hug herself moving her hands up and down for warmth, he thought she is uncomfortable.

"Hey, are you feeling cold?" He asked with his gentle, concerned voice.

"Hm?" Yejin was on a daze, she wasn't sure if she heard him right. Before she could ask, she saw him move the aircon away from her.

"Oh thank you, Binssi," she muttered as she realized how Hyunbin noticed her discomfort. He nodded and smiled.

She basked the peace and quiet since everyone were already asleep, tired from all the activities they did out of town.

As she allowed herself to look far ahead without thinking of anything, she suddenly felt a large coat cover her small figure. She looked beside her and saw Hyunbin putting his coat on her.

"Don't worry, I have more muscles and fat to protect me from the cold," he humored before she refuse and return his jacket. She could only smile endearingly at how attentive he was.

"You seem to be deep in thoughts. Do you want to talk about it?" He carefully asked.

"Oh. Actually I wasn't thinking at all haha! I'm just enjoying little moments of joy, like staring blankly," she giggled for getting caught.

Hyunbin smiled at her adoringly. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw her dimpled smile and the look of sincere adoration in his eyes. She looked away before he sees her blush.

An hour later, Hyunbin looked to check if Yejin was asleep and if she's comfortable but he noticed that she was again on a daze.

"You've been staring blankly ahead for the past hour, Yejinssi. You look conflicted, are you okay?" He asked with concern in his voice.

She was surprised at how attentive he is towards her though she doesn't mind because she actually felt comfortable and safe with him.

"I was thinking of what to have for dinner. I might just order delivery, too tired to cook. I don't know what to order though," she mumbled. "I'm craving for samgyetang and maybe have some tteokboki as well." She decides on her meals seriously.

Hyunbin laughed at Yejin's passion for food and eating. She can talk about food endlessly and would always eat with gusto whenever they shared a meal. He admired how unpretentious she is despite her image.

"You've been thinking about food all this time? Haha! Oh.. I know a good place to have those," he excitedly told her.

"Chincha? Where? What restaurant? I'll order there later," she inquired excitedly.

"Hmm ani. I'll get it for you. I'll have it delivered to your home."

"Omo! You don't have to!" she profusely refused.

He smirked at her shyness and insisted on ordering her dinner.

"Arasso. I'll treat you next time!" Yejin resigned because Hyunbin was adamant at his offer.

🚗

The TN team arrived in Seoul. Each went to their respective cars and bid farewell.

Yejin's manager drove her home and asked to buy her dinner. She kindly refused saying that she'll just get delivery.

They arrived in no time and Yejin decided to take a quick warm shower before the delivery Hyunbin ordered arrive.

She finished her bath and has done her skin care routine. She wondered why the delivery hasn't arrived yet. She checked her phone for delivery updates when she noticed a missed call from Hyunbin. She quickly dialed back to return the call.

"Yobeoseyo? Binssi! I'm sorry I was out of reach when you called," she said as soon as he picked up the call.

"Hi Yejinssi. I was just going to tell you that the delivery might take 20 more minutes. Will that be okay with you?"

"Oh. The restaurant you ordered it from must really be famous huh. It's okay, binssi! I can wait. Komawo!" Yejin replied and went on again about troubling him for her cravings. Hyunbin was quick to stop her from feeling embarassed. They ended the call smiling at their banters.

🚙

As soon as Hyunbin got out from the bus, he immediately drove to a grocery store nearby. Back in the bus, he made a mental note of the ingredients he needed to buy. He hurriedly went back to his apartment and started cooking. He realized that it will take some time to cook everything so he tried calling Yejin to check if she can still wait for the food he "ordered".

She didn't pick up so he just focused on cooking. He was already packing the food when Yejin returned his call. He was smiling to himself as he carefully and diligently packed everything. He quickly changed his clothes and drove to her house.

Yejin was watching tv to kill time when she received a text from Bin.

"The delivery is outside already. It's outside the gate of your villa though. Is it okay if you pick it from there?"

Yejin wondered why the delivery wasn't sent to her door. She wanted to ask but decided to just pick it up immediately. She went out wearing black sweater, a cap and a mask.

She peeked outside the gate but saw no one. He was about to call Hyunbin when she noticed a black Lincoln parked a few meters away.

She saw a hand waving at her and that's when she realized it was Hyunbin's car and... Hyunbin? What is he doing here? She thought to herself.

She ran towards the car after checking if no one's around. Hyunbin noticed how she carefully checked the surrounding so he decided to open the passengers seat for her to come in. Yejin went in his car and was about to ask him shotgun questions as to why he's here but Hyunbin beat her to it.

"Okay before you say anything, I decided to bring the delivery myself," he smiled and moved to get the lunch boxes from the backseat. "It's quite heavy though, can you carry all these by yourself?"

Yejin was surprised and was even more shocked to see 5 large lunch boxes. It seemed to be personalised and didn't look like a take-out box from a restaurant.

"Seolma... Did you cook all these?" Her face gave away how surprised and touched she felt.

Hyunbin scratched the back of his head and smiled coyly as he nodded at her.

"But aren't you tired too?" she asked worriedly.

"Ani. I would have cooked anyways. I just cooked for a bigger quantity this time. You should eat it while it's still hot."

"Komawo Binssi." she whispered as she hugged the lunch boxes. "These are a lot and I'm sure you haven't eaten too. Come inside. Let's eat these together." she invited him, smiling shyly.

.

They met up again the following day for another out of town promotional tour. When everyone was settled in the bus, Yejin giddily gave the food she prepared to Bin. She woke up early to make clubhouse sandwich with cherry tomatoes and berries on the side. She also made some protein shake for two. He was enthralled to see how delicately she packed the food. They enjoyed the two-hour drive, energized by the breakfast food she prepared filling both their stomachs and hearts.

Note: The next two chapters have been sitting in my mind for too long that's why I wrote it down. I felt like something was missing and needed an intro to complete the story. I had a hard time creating scenarios for this chapter. I tried to summarize the events that occurred during the TN era, I hope it still made sense. Also, this is my first ever attempt in writing a story. I apologize for the grammatical errors. And if you're reading this, thank you for reaching this far. I really don't think anyone would read this story which is a product of my procastination 😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 369 13
A collection of short fics inspired by prompts from CLOYnation's #SuitfitCupid A CLOY Valentines Challenge. *ctto of some pictures used
61.3K 2.8K 17
What if he is her only chance? Her only chance to be free from her father and her brother. Also, a chance for her to pursue her dreams. Being as bril...
48K 1.8K 12
Hyun Bin is a CEO of SK's biggest coffee shops chain. An ambitious businessman by day, a womanizer by night. Son Yejin is an owner of a small coffee...
150K 8.2K 52
What will you do when you need to make a decision upon reaching crossroads in life? Both options are equally important that left you with no option...