Secret of the Blue Bird(Kakas...

By lupisoralb

Ori doesn't know that the path she chose it's the most dangerous thing she'll ever have to face. A Shinobi's... More

I. Waiting for an adventure
II. The vision
III. Blue Bird's voice
IV. Leaving home
V. The first attack
VI. Old friends
VII. |Lost my mind|
VIII. A new challenge
IX. |You could never disappoint me|
X. Not safe
XI. |We never lose each other|
XIII. |It's all dangerous|
XIV. Sacrifice
XV. One step closer...
XVI. Crossing paths
XVII. The truth
XVIII. The awakening
XIX. |Well... It's love|
XX. |I'm home|

XII. Feelings||Pakkun returns

35 1 0
By lupisoralb

enjoy, u angels❤️

*

We were far away from the dojo. We have been walking for four hours, in silence. No one had followed us in the meantime. We had gone back to that place we had slept and then, we continued on that small forest path, which I sensed we should've followed. It was quiet and we were walking really close to one another, really careful at what was surrounding us. Any threat had to be detected.

I knew we were closer to the destination, because that last feeling I got had been stronger. We didn't have to worry about finding the cave, because I started to trust those feelings. I knew one would appear soon enough and I was positive that maybe... maybe I could save my parents without anyone getting hurt. Of course, that thought was haunting my brain almost every minute, because I saw how every fight was getting more intense as we were approaching the cave. I was afraid some of us wouldn't make it. I hated that thought and I had to trust them as I always did. But why was I so concerned?

My comrades came in time when those idiots had kidnapped me. We worked like a true team and it went well - we escaped. Even if our enemies weren't as powerful as I imagined they would be, I was so freaking sure that the next fight will be much harder. I had to be prepared for anything... Orochimaru was weird enough to wait for us that long and he was sending his followers really quickly.

Kakashi scared the hell out of me when he killed that pervert. Yes, he deserved to be beaten, but I wondered - how far was he willing to go if someone hurt me? I knew he would do that for each and every one of us, but I saw something extremely different in his eyes. When he used Chidori, he had so much rage inside! And down in the chasm, he swore to protect me with his life. He was more relaxed back then, still protective, but in that dojo... I thought of an animal. That kind of rage.

Questions started to invade my mind and I saw flashbacks, memories. I remembered the look on his face back home, when I was crying. I remembered his smile when we were staying on a rooftop, how happy and relaxed he was.

I recalled his broken expression when we had met after that Genjutsu - how he leaned his forehead on the top of my head, in that group hug. That feeling was different, good different, but... I couldn't even say it to myself!

I remembered his dangerous voice when he threatened the three Sound Shinobi down in the precipice. For me.

My heart buzzed in my chest and I had to inhale deeply. I raised my eyes - Kakashi was walking ahead with Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto behind me. It was like they were forming a defense group around me. I felt a little pressed: I didn't need that much protection... I managed to fight those guys at the dojo. I needed my team, but still... I wasn't that weak... Was I?

Kakashi hasn't spoken to us. At all. He was just walking and looking around like we were chased. We weren't, because he would've felt it. But I didn't understand why he was so silent. Usually, when he was relaxed, he would open Make Out Paradise and read. He had something on his mind and I knew it had to do with me, but I couldn't understand why he wasn't recovering? He was a grown man, and still... he seemed to not be truly able to understand himself.

"Orinai, how are you feeling?" Sasuke asked me, walking backwards.

I looked at his face and I noticed there was no sign of sarcasm. I arched one eyebrow.

"What? You're not going to make fun of me?" I smiled at him.

"Since this mission is worse than I've expected, no!" he winked at me. I rose both my eyebrows. "Seriously, how's your wound?"

"It's okay!" I shrugged. "It's inching."

"Amazing!" Naruto said from behind. "It's healing fast!"

"Good." Sasuke nodded and turned around. "Kakashi, we should stop here, somewhere. Not to sleep, to rest. I don't know if you noticed, but Naruto's stomach is growling!"

Naruto touched the back of his neck and a quick blush formed over his cheeks. "It's... It's not that bad! I can resist!"

"Hm..." Kakashi looked up.

My heart filled with a weird sentiment; it made my heart flutter. Was it happiness? He was usually using that hmm when he was feeling okay. Maybe he went back to normal. I hoped so - it was all I wanted to see that moment. Him, happy and calm. Was he truly okay? My arms tensed, as I was trying to get my thoughts together. I could ask him...

"I could eat, to be honest. All right. Let's look for somewhere to stop." Kakashi told us, watching the surroundings.

He smiled.

"Look - there!" Sakura said, pointing at a small spot between three trees. It was really sunny there.

"And it's close to this path, let's go there!" Naruto grinned at Kakashi, who had stopped, his hands in his pockets. He was analyzing the place. "Kakashi-sensei! It's all right?"

"Well, I guess we can stop anywhere..." Kakashi shrugged, walking towards that spot. "As long as I can see clearly through the trees, it's perfect."

"Neat!" Naruto announced, sitting on the grass, close to one tree. "Who wants carrots?"

"Naruto, lower your voice!" Sasuke rolled his eyes.

We all sat together. Kakashi was eating an apple, his mask off. Sakura was sharping her weapons while chewing a piece of carrot, while Sasuke and Naruto were leaned on the grass, watching the sky through the tall trees. It was beautiful.

I watched Kakashi, but without him noticing it. His expression was back to normal. I looked at his entire face - it was really, really beautiful. His black eyes seemed deep as the sea, and he was peaceful as he was reading from that book. I loved that I could see him relaxed.

I felt somehow... myself? I didn't know how to explain it. Just seeing him okay was enough to make me happy. And I loved it. I hated that I couldn't tell him. My heart pounded and my cheeks started burning. Fuck! Stop. Stop blushing.

"Um..." Sakura said suddenly. "Ori, can you walk with me?"

I lifted my head, because she was already standing. "Why?" I asked.

"I need to show you something. Like, um... now." Sakura offered me a closed-eye smile.

Kakashi looked at her. Sasuke seemed intrigued, as well. Kakashi was staring at me.

"What? What is it?" Naruto said, curiously.

"It's not... it's a girl thing, Naruto. None of your business! Ori, come on!" she insisted, pulling me up. I stumbled after her, shrugging at Naruto and Sasuke.

"Don't go too far!" Kakashi told us, barely rising his eyes from his book.

"Of course, Sensei!" Sakura smiled at him, pulling me after her.

"Why are girls so secretive?" Naruto whined, sitting back on the grass. "Now I'm curious!"

"Huh!" Sasuke laughed. "It's probably nothing important..."

I smiled when I heard Sasuke and I shook Sakura's hand, making her look at me. She put her finger on her lips and walked through the forest, as far away as possible from the boys. I looked back. We were like fifty meters away from them, which was enough, I presumed. But Sakura kept walking. I suddenly stopped, making her lose balance. I caught her hand and pulled her towards me.

"What's this, all of a sudden?" I exclaimed. "You all right?"

"Yeah!" Sakura looked back, to make sure they couldn't hear us. "I hope we're far enough..."

"Sakura, what's going on?" I said, with a serious voice.

"Let's sit!" she waved her hand at me and then she sat on a fallen tree branch.

"You're already freaking me out!" I said, almost whispering. "What? Did something happen between you and Sasuke while I was gone?"

Sakura blushed immediately. Then, she shook her head, along with her hands. "No, no, no! Pff!" she rolled her eyes. "I wish..."

"Then what?" I pushed her slightly.

"It's about you and Kakashi-sensei!" she told me, speaking slowly. Seriously.

Shit.

My heart went up in my throat. "M-me and... No!"

"You didn't want to talk about it after that Genjutsu, and you're denying it again, now. What's up with you? You used to be honest with me!" Sakura exclaimed, her eyes sad.

"But I am -

"No, you're not, Ori!" she sighed, annoyed. I felt bad. "Come on... You told me you saw Kakashi-sensei in that Genjutsu. You were crying like someone was taking out your heart! You had stabbed yourself so deep to get out of that spell and still, you gave in. And then, when he appeared, you wanted to hug him: I saw it. You stopped and you clenched your fist. You're avoiding the subject! You said you weren't ready, but... I'm tired waiting for you. Spill it out! I'm not stupid."

I remained with my mouth open. I couldn't say a single thing! My heart was beating so hard I almost lost my words.

"I..." I whispered, looking right into her eyes. "Why do you think that... I mean..."

Sakura rolled her eyes, again. And then, she took a deep breath. "Look... I told you to talk to me about it when you're ready. I can see you're not, but girl - have you seen the look on his face when he killed that guy?"

That memory sent shivers down my back.

"Ori." she muttered, looking down. "Please, stop lying. It hurts me. We're friends, and I know something is bothering you. You can see it from miles away - even Naruto asked me what was the matter with you, but I shut up, because I couldn't tell him that you're in love with K-"

"Stop!" I said, covering her mouth. She widened her eyes. "Don't say it..."

She looked at my hand. I took a deep breath, concentrating on her face. She really was sad. Not judging or anything, but... Even if I knew it was true, I couldn't even say those words to myself. It was like I had to cross a barrier and that barrier scared the crap out of me!

"Ori..." she said, putting my hand away. I didn't look at her. I was too embarrassed. I felt so awkward I wanted to bury myself under the ground. "You are in love with him. And you can deny it all you want, but it won't stop being true!"

I raised my eyes, forcing myself to do it. She smiled, in a joyful way.

"I think it's sweet, you know?"

My cheeks flushed. "Really?" I asked. For one moment, I was just glad she wasn't judging me. "But... he's our..."

"So what? You're a grown woman. Even if he's our Sensei, that doesn't mean you're not allowed to be in love with him!" Sakura smiled, widely.

She seemed so happy. Happy that I stopped lying. My hands stopped shivering. Sakura was so understanding; that made me feel much better.

"It's so weird when you say it..." I murmured, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I can't even think it without panicking..."

"I saw."

I frowned. "Huh?"

Sakura watched me with a beam on her face.

"I watched both of you, Ori. Every reaction. It's something between you two that I can't solve!"

"There's nothing between us, believe me..." I muttered, looking at my feet.

She put her arm around my shoulders and pulled me towards her. We leaned against each other, just looking at the grass.

"Ori. Can I ask you something?" Sakura said, lightly.

"Yes. You were right. I'm sorry, Sakura! I promise to be honest from now on!" I smiled, hugging her back.

She smiled so widely and I was afraid of what she was going to ask me. "Do you... do you love him?"

My hands turned cold. I almost choked. Do you love him?  My whole spine got covered in shivers. I felt something in my stomach, like a powerful explosion of heat. Do you love him?  I could've lied, but I didn't want to. I couldn't do that to my best friend, and I've already messed up...

I thought about all the moments that question had popped inside my head - every time I looked at his pure eyes, when he was reading, when he was fighting. Or when we were training and having breaks when we would just talk and have fun... Or when it was just the two of us and we would talk about our past and understand each other. I believed that I've felt it since then, but I couldn't accept it. During the Genjutsu, I realized it. And it scared me. A lot.

Now... it wasn't so scary anymore. Maybe it was the fact that Sakura was so understanding, maybe because I was more powerful within... I didn't know. So I looked at Sakura.

I returned the smile. "Yes."

She squealed, covering her cheeks. "I'm sorry I'm reacting like this, but it's just... Oh! It's wonderful!"

"Um..." I blushed. "Is it? It's not going anywhere, honestly!"

"Shut up!" she raised one hand, smacking me again. "It is, actually. I told you I watched both of you. He's clearly in love with you too!"

I nearly fell of that branch, but Sakura started to laugh. I couldn't help it - I burst into laughter as well. "No way!"

"Orinai!" she exclaimed, shaking me by my hands. "He murdered that guy because he touched you! And he was really violent. Don't tell me he didn't give you signs..."

I opened my mouth, to say something, but I stopped. She arched her eyebrows. "It's true that..." I said, embarrassed. "... that he threatened those Sound Ninja down in the chasm. He said that they would be sorry if they laid even one finger on me. And he told me he would protect me with his life. And... well... I've seen something on his face when he had woken me up from that nightmare. I've felt like it was something only me could see. It was a different kind of emotion on his face. I can't explain it..."

"Well!" Sakura rolled her eyes. "See? He loves you, trust me! He's just as freaked out as you are, but he's so mysterious. I heard he didn't have such a happy childhood, so he must be complicated. It's all natural..."

I rolled my eyes as well. "We have no proof, tho. Let's not get lost on the fantasy realm..."

"I'm never wrong!" she winked at me, standing. "Come on, let's go back. They're probably worrying."

"Naruto clearly is burning!" I laughed, walking with her.

"Oh, and one more thing!" Sakura said, putting her arm around mine. "You have to tell him. I mean, not now, but... if we get out of this situation alive, which we hopefully will... you have to tell him."

I didn't answer to that. I just walked along. We were really close to our camping spot and I could hear Naruto talking about how much he missed ramen. Kakashi was giggling and Sasuke was just looking at them, his chin on his fists. Kakashi had his mask back on and he had his legs crossed. He was laughing at Naruto and nodding along. A cute smile began to form over my lips.

"You're back!" Naruto exclaimed, waving at us. "Come on, Ori! Tell us! What did Sakura want to show you?"

I blushed.

"What the heck is going on?" the blonde boy laughed. "Come on! You said we're friends, then share with us. We're curious!"

"I - I'm not curious!" Sasuke shook his hand toward me. "He's the only one."

"I'm... actually... a bit curious!" Kakashi lifted one hand, offering us a closed-eye smile.

Me and Sakura looked at each other at the same time.

"Well, you can't say no to Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura rolled her eyes, putting her arm around me. I panicked, getting ready to cover her mouth, but she slapped my hand. "I showed her my boobs. Happy now?"

All three of them looked like they had been hit by a rock. Naruto blushed really hard and he strained his eyes, looking really stiff.

"Why... Why would you... show her... your... um..."

"I thought I had a problem with one of them. I told you, idiot - girl problems!" Sakura said, sitting with me, next to Naruto.

Kakashi shrugged, opening his book. I giggled a little, because I couldn't get over Naruto's face. Sasuke was back to normal.

"Well, that was indeed to much infor-"

Kakashi didn't even get to finish, because a bush from the forest suddenly started to shake. We all looked at it, our weapons at the ready. Naruto and Sasuke stood, protecting me and Sakura. Kakashi didn't move. He was really cool.

"Pakkun!" I exclaimed when I saw the small dog jumping out of the bush.

"Oh, man!" Sakura said, dropping her shuriken. "I almost fainted!"

"Wait!" Sasuke said, approaching the dog. His face was really serious, his eyes sparkling weirdly. "Why are you alone? Where is the backup team?"

Pakkun leaped towards Kakashi and I saw how tired he was. His paws were scratched, his fur was dirty and his clothes were teared apart. Kakashi petted him on the head and Pakkun panted. He was trembling. Me and Sakura ran to them, kneeling next to the small creature, which was barely catching its breath.

Naruto and Sasuke approached too, but slower.

"What happened?" I asked, suddenly really scared.

Kakashi frowned. "Were you attacked?"

"Attacked?" Pakkun said, sarcastically. "My team was slaughtered! If I had ANBU with me, it might've ended up differently... but... man! Sound Ninja appeared from nowhere - and only four of them. They were stronger than some I've seen in my past. Those had Cursed Marks."

"The whole team was killed?" I muttered. "Oh, no... Does the Hokage know?"

"No..." Pakkun sighed. "I couldn't go back and report it. I had to give you this..."

He raised one paw and I saw that he had a small note on the inner part of his arm. It was tied up with some string. I pulled it off his fur and noticed that it was well folded. It was a long note. A piece of parchment.

"It's from The Third..." Pakkun licked his nose. "He found out what was the deal with you and that blue bird..."

I unfolded the note. My hands started to shake all of a sudden. The Hokage kept his promise... I unfolded it quickly, inhaling a lot of air. Sakura told me to relax, but I barely heard her. Kakashi, Sasuke, Naruto and Pakkun, they were all glancing at me. I felt their eyes like some rocks crashing my brain...

"Hello, Orinai." I read. "As I said, I looked into the old books. Surprisingly enough, I was lucky to find out what your vision was about. Your Ninja way is linked to the Blue Bird's legend. It's a really old legend, so a few heard about it. Kakashi surely heard about it, but maybe he needs time to remember. It's not that popular. It's believed to be just a myth. Down below, I'm going to explain to you all about The Legend of the Blue Bird."

I looked at Kakashi. He seemed shocked. Suddenly, he slapped his forehead, looking at me like I was a phantom. He looked like he was trying to remember the story. He closed his eyes for a second, and then he shook his head.

"Legend of the Blue Bird... Orinai, it's barely a legend. If it's real... I'm afraid it's going to get far more complicated!" he whispered, staring right into my eyes.

to be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

770 15 26
Isamu Tatsuageru is the last known survivor of her clan. She is also the first born and heir chieftain to her clan. Her home was destroyed during a r...
185K 7.1K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...
132K 4.5K 43
Nobody knows what's going on in Kakashi's mind, not even him. He's been for some time in the Anbu now, but he still feels as lost as he was when he f...
363K 14.1K 80
(Y/n) (L/n), once a ordinary girl, living her life in the city of Queens, New York, will soon, and literally, get hit with a life altering expiernce...