Romeantics ✔️

By slowpaw

Sooyoung has never thought that she will be back in Rome. Moreover with her boyfriend, Kim Namjoon. After all... More

Prologue
1 - Tutte le strade conducono a Roma
2 - Breve orazione penetra
3 - Ogni cosa ha cagione
4 - O mangiar questa minestra o saltar questa finestra
5 - E meglio qualche cosa che niente
6 - Guarda innanzi che tu salti
7 - La gatta frettolosa ha fatto i gattini ciechi
8 - Mangia benne, ridi spesso, ama molto
10 - I gran dolori sono muti
11 - La vita è un sogno
12 - Chi si volta, e chi si gira, sempre a casa va finire
13 - Così fan tutte
14 - Lascia che la vita ti sorprenda
15 - Il primo amore non si scorda mai
16 - Gli amori nouvi fanno dimenticare i vecchi
17 - Senza tentazioni, senza onore
18 - Aiutati che Dio ti aiuta
19 - Che sarà, sarà
20 - Tutto è bene ciò che finisce bene
Epilogue
QnA
Encore
Bonus chapter: la lettera di Sooyoung
Bonus Chapter: la lettera di Taehyung

9 - Non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco

154 17 18
By slowpaw

Non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco - Not all doughnut come out with a hole/things don't always turn out as planned

Sooyoung's PoV
1,5 years ago

"It's still cold outside! Why didn't you bring a coat?"

Namjoon nagged as He put his suit on me, leaving him in his waistcoat. He must have seen me shivering as I wait for him to pay. It is spring here in Seoul, but it's rather chilly at night.

"Now don't go anywhere! I'm going to the washroom."

I nod weakly. Namjoon walks in his long stride to the bathroom, leaving me in the reception area.

I fidget with Namjoon's suit and snuggle deep to it. It smells exactly like him. It's masculine, warm, calm and comforting. I look upfront and my reflection is shown in the glasses ornament in front of me. I have been smiling unconsciously. Well, Tonight has been perfect. More or less.

"Sooyoung unnie?" Someone suddenly said from my back.

I turn around and got surprised, "Yerim? What are you doing here? Wow, you look wonderful!"

Kim Yerim is Namjoon's younger and only sister. Namjoon and Yerim might look like a cat and dog, but deep inside they are both really protective of each other.

"Unnie too..."

And before she can finish her sentence, someone calls her from my back.

"Yerim-ah, let's go home!"

This voice... I recognise it. It's really familiar.

Then, a tall and handsome man in a suit walks past me, walking to Yerim's side. He is tall, but not as tall as Namjoon, and rather muscular. He has his arm draped on yeri's waist. For that, Yerim seems startled and shy. Then I start recognising the man.

"Jungkook?" I exclaimed while pointing at the man, "You guys are... Woah!"

"Sooyoung noona!" He said, surprised, "I didn't expect to see you here."

Jeon Jungkook. Yes, I know him very well. He is basically Joon's brother from another mother. Beside me, he is the one who knows everything Namjoon do in a day. He is Namjoon's right hand and secretary. For him not to know that I went with Joon here tonight is surprising, to be honest.

"Ah, what the hell," Yerim said coolly, "Don't tell my brother, ok unnie?"

"I- uh..." what should I say?

"By the way noona, you dressed up," Jungkook save me, "Are you on a date?"

Or not?

"Well..." I flustered.

"Finally!" Yeri almost screams, "You have to date, Unnie! Don't hang around my brother all the time. He is such a bad influence, being so workaholic and timid. You should date around and enjoy life!"

"You see... About that..." I can only stutter.

"I'm so excited!" She adds, "Wait until my brother hears about this...

WAIT A MINUTE!"

They look at each other. Both of their face twisted as reality hits them.

"It's Namjoon Oppa, isn't it?!"
"It's Namjoon hyung, isn't it?!"

They shouted at the same time, jung-shooked and panicking.

"Noona, I don't think Namjoon hyung should hear about this for now..." Jungkook said.

"KIM YERIM!!!"

A familiar deep voice startled the three of us. Jungkook let her go in an instance. Both Jungkook and Yeri's face are tainted with horror.

"I think it's too late guys," I said as I feel a tall presence on my back.

"Yerim-ah, what are you do-" Namjoon said beside me. His words cut out as he recognises another tall man beside his sister.

"Jungkook? What are... WOAH! YOU WENT OUT TOGETHER?" he said, flabbergasted.

Ah, here we go... His protective brother mode is switched on.

"Yes!" Yeri said in a challenging tone while linking her arm with Jungkook. Jungkook looking down at his arm in confusion.

"So this is why you've been bothering me with your presence at my office lately? To see him?"

Yerim smile sheepishly, "I'm not a child anymore, Oppa! I can date!"

"Not when you promise to finish your thesis first, you don't. Wait until mom and dad heard about this."

"No, wait until mom and dad hear that you two are dating! They will book the wedding venue at once!"

Okay, I should save these two youngsters before all hell breaks loose.

"Now, now," I said as Namjoon take a deep breath to prepare a counter-attack, "I think it's getting late and Jungkook has to take yerim home, isn't it?"

I wink to Jungkook and Yeri, trying to usher the two young love away.

"Fine! I won't talk if you don't, Kim Yerim!" Namjoon said in which yeri answer with sticking her tongue out, "And you, Jungkook, drive her home safely! we'll talk the first thing on Monday."

"Su... Sure, Hyung," Jungkook stuttered.

"Alright then, don't want to make Mr Choi wait for too long," I said, dragging Namjoon away to the exit, "See you guys!"

Taehyung's PoV
Present-day

"Let's try what we haven't tried."

Sooyoung said as her face buried in the menu.

"I lived in Italy, though. I have tried almost everything," I smile at her, "Let's try what YOU haven't tried."

"Ok," She said, "So far I have tried spaghetti, fettuccine, penne, fusilli, Lasagna, and I think Gnocchi."

"That is so much already," I said, "Now what about ravioli or cannelloni."

"They are stuffed pasta, aren't they?" She asks which I answer with a nod, "I haven't tried any of them, I think."

Ravioli is a type of pasta where a filling is enveloped by a thin layer of pasta dough. It is usually served with a sauce or broth. Ravioli are usually square in shape, but sometimes found in circular form and doesn't rule out the possibility to be in any other outline. Ricotta cheese and spinach are some ingredients that traditionally used as fillings.

Cannelloni, on the other hand, is another type of pasta with a filling that is cylindrical in shape. It is customarily served baked and covered in sauce, almost like a lasagna. Popular stuffings include spinach and minced beef, while the sauce is generally tomato.

"Ok, then ravioli and cannelloni it is!" I said, "What filling would you like?"

"What's good? What would you recommend?"

"You like beef and cheese, don't you?"

She nods.

"Just your luck! They have a mushroom and ricotta ravioli, also spinach and minced beef cannelloni."

The traditional one has always been the best.

"Perfect," she said.

"Oh," I said as I saw something I particularly love in the menu, "What about calzone? Have you tried it?"

"What's a calzone?"

A calzone is an Italian oven-baked folded pizza. A typical calzone is made from salted bread dough, baked in an oven and is stuffed with salami, ham or vegetables, mozzarella, ricotta and parmesan or ricotta cheese, as well as an egg.

"It's like a folded pizza," I answer, "You will love it!"

"Sure, let's try that too."

It didn't take long until we finish ordering. The food also came quickly and we also finished it in a blink of an eye. The atmosphere was so merry and cheerful. It made me remember our old days.

"So, what do you think?" I ask after the food is all finished, "Which one do you like?"

She gulps her cola then said, "Well, the ravioli taste divine. The ricotta suits the mushroom really well, it makes them taste smooth."

"The cannelloni also taste hearty. The spinach and beef filling was just right, it doesn't overpower each other.

"It really sets a new bar for me. I think I will prefer stuffed pasta more from now on.

"Are you a food critique now?" I laugh.

"Should I change my profession now?" She said with a huge grin.

"And the calzone?"

"The calzone was..." She gestures a poof by her head, "Mindblowing."

"I know you'd like that," I said, proud with my correct judgement over her taste, "It's my favourite too."

"You are just a pizza mania, aren't you?" She jokingly said.

"Aren't you too?" I wink.

"Remember that this pizza mania is introduced to pizza by the one and only..." She said holding her hand to me.

"But seriously," She adds, "I have never met someone with the same taste as me beside you."

"Exactly!" I said, "Your appetite match mine the most. Even when we used to date, food always brings us together."

"Right," She said, "We never have problems with food. It even helps us reconcile whenever we argue."

"Right, right! Remember when we were arguing about which dog treat was the best but then we both just made up after tteokbokki?"

"The one near your school right?" She beams, "The tteok was amazing!"

"Have you gone there again?"

"I don't think I went there at all after we broke up."

"Why did we break up again?"

"Did we ever agreed to?"

Well, not contacting each other for 10 years is breaking up, right?

Or not?

Good day, readers 👋🏻

From now on, I think I will be able to do a twice-weekly update for Romeantics yeay 🎉 please anticipate Wednesday/Thursday and Friday/Saturday (depends on your own time zone) for updates.

There isn't that much new term that needs clarifying, but for those who are new to the fandom or Korean, I'll define these words:

1. Jung-shook: (v.) known widely within k-pop whenever jungkook is shook, can also be used when you or someone is also shook about or towards something.

2. Tteok: Korean - (n.) a class of Korean rice cake made with steaming flour from various grains, including glutinous and non-glutinous rice.

3. Tteokbokki: Korean - (n.) stir-fried rice cake, a Korean dish made from small-sized tteok seasoned with gochujang (chilli paste), usually paired with fish cakes, boiled eggs and scallions.

There are also lots of pasta type mentioned too 😅 I'll just attach this here fyi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 632 31
It has been a WHOLE YEAR LATER. NamJoon is finally graduating and is on his way to college while Jimin is about to enter his senior year. Despite the...
4.4K 179 22
" Haven't we met before? " He whispered. " N-No, we haven't. " She replied avoiding his staring gaze, not wanting to entangle the old strings. Now th...
606 42 11
When Jungkook met a stranger in Rome, he found out that their destination was the same but their motives weren't. But something was alluring in the f...
166K 5.8K 21
Tae and Jimin's relationship was already close to its breaking point, with Taes habit of taking advantage of his vulnerable and insecure boyfriend...