Shadows of Forgotten Darkness

By kennedyrrrr3

Adira's parents were killed when she was six years old. Their death was a secret. But now Adira is back. To f... More

Trailer/Author's Note
Characters
Achievements
Prologue
Westbrook
The Blue Moon Pack
You lied so I have to kill you now
I too was a wolf
A French Restaurant

Meeting Sam

39 13 6
By kennedyrrrr3

2

White sunlight poured into Adira's room when she woke up the next morning. Her white comforts were half falling out her bed.

Adira sat there for a while just blinking away the sleep in her eyes.

For a moment she was almost confused were she was. While and light grey walls, a large black vanity table, and a small, leather, dark grey couch near the two sliding glass windows that lead to the balcony.

There was a black and white horse sketch that hung above her bed.

She wasn't in Iowa for sure. Back there, her room was far more smaller. She had a bunk bed, beneath which was a desk and chair.

The drawers were attached behind the ladders to her bed, which was were she kept most of her clothes and other stuffs.

Apart from that there was enough space for a bookshelf in the room.

Adira now stretched her arms and got out of bed, a little lazily. She had changed into a white nightgown before going to bed, that trailed behind in the floor as she walked.

She opened the window and let out her hands.

She sort of missed the orangey-yellow sunlight back at home where her Uncle was.

Here at Westbrook the sunlight was always a low white glow, and it was mostly always foggy.

She closed her windows and half closed the curtains before checking her phone next to her bed.

She sat down on her unmade bed as she checked for her messages.

Sam| hey

Sam|The Blue Moon pack have agreed to meet

Adira squealed internally with happiness and texted back a smiley face before remembering that she needed to update her Uncle on this.

He till now didn't know about the involvement of the Blue Moon pack in this whole case.

She quickly texted him, knowing that he would call her as soon as he sees her message, freaking out.

She called Sam.

He picked up on the second ring.

"Hey."

"Sam- " Adira stopped short feeling like she sounded groggy from the sleep.

It was just 9 am, but Sam sounded awake enough for a Saturday.

Adira cleared her throat.

"Sam, they really agreed to meet? And when?"

"Yeah they did. Brook called me to tell me myself!" He added cheerfully as if it was something he expected Adira to care about.

She just rolled her eyes and waited for him to continue.

"The Alpha, Steven, wants us to come over their house in about half an hour from now." Sam said suddenly sounding a bit solemn.

"Oh my god! Half an hour? Why didn't you call me earlier?" Adira shrieked.

She was the type of girl who needed at least an hour to even leave her room and go to the living room.

She would surely need more than thirty minutes to get ready for a meeting with the Alpha.

"That's not the problem," Sam said a little distractedly. "They rarely call people they don't know or are not familiar with, to their houses to talk."

Adira frowned, feeling suddenly a little more awake. She sat up straighter causing her half fallen blanket to go down even more.

"What do you mean? So . . .what are you trying to say?" She asked.

"I don't really know. . .we just have to be cautious." Sam sounded a mixture of hesitant and worried. "Don't talk with them the way you dealt with Brook."

Adira swallowed.

She had never met up with an Alpha before. Or any high ranked pack any way.

She wasn't sure if Sam knew this.

She did, however, kill an Alpha who was breaking the Law when she was just fourteen.

And she once killed a whole pack of werewolves, after it had gone out of control when it's Alpha was nearly about to die.

"Yeah, okay." Was all she said to Sam.

*

The door to Adira's room, suddenly burst open.

"Adira!"

It was Ms. Lawrence. The owner of the house.

It was also awkward, because Adira was only in her black bra and panties.

She yelped and clutched the shirt she was about to put on- before the door was burst open- to her chest.

Lucy Lawrence was oblivious to everything.

She chuckled and gazed around the room, taking in the bare decorations.

The lady was very chubby, and huge. She had a huge looking belly that was very obvious due to the dresses she wore. She was now wearing a light lavender dress, that was sleeveless- showing her huge freckled arms.

She had black curly hair cut till her ears, and huge oversized black framed glasses.

She was a friendly woman but Adira still hated her.

The house was nice enough, and Adira liked it. Maybe that was why her Uncle had sent her here for her stay. But the owner of the house was a presence Adira was annoyingly fed up with.

She lived in the room beside hers. She was absent yesterday from the house, as she had claimed to have gone strawberry farming to her farm house.

"Your room looks nicely kept," she said.

"Err . . .thanks," Adira said flatly. Her uncle would have probably told her not to be such a bitch to a lady who was nothing but nice.

But then, Adira was literally standing in nothing but undergarments, just a shirt covering her from being completely exposed.

Adira didn't know how to address Lucy and ask her to go away without being rude.

"I was actually heading out- " Adira started right as Lucy spoke.

"I got fresh strawberries for you from the farm! I have kept them in the fridge- though they are cool enough- for when you want to have them."

"Yeah, thanks," Adira said quickly. "I was actually heading out though. . ."

She hoped the woman would understand and, like, leave.

"Oh! I see!" She said eagerly, smiling her jolly smile as usual and staring at Adira's face as she fixed her glasses back into place. "Your uncle knows about it?"

"Yes," Adira gritted her teeth, even though she hadn't checked her phone yet and hadn't talked with Uncle Hade.

"Okay! I'll make some strawberry pie while you get ready!" With that, Lucy slammed the door shut, rattling a painting of a dog that hung beside the door.

Adira sighed and rubbed her temples.

It sucked that Lucy was back so soon.

She had wanted to spend the night yesterday maybe watching a movie with Sam, but he had left sooner.

Not that Lucy wouldn't allow Sam to hang out in the house. Uncle Hade had told her clearly enough that Sam was a welcome presence, anytime. (As long as the bedroom door was open).

But it was the fact that Lucy would be in the house too, was what Adira didn't like.

She couldn't imagine her leaving Sam and herself alone even for a minute.

Which was why she hadn't invited Sam for much of an hangout, from the three days she had stayed here.

Well, four days now.

The first day, Sam had picked her up at the airport.

Having seen him only for a few months and sometimes just weeks or days in the past, Adira nearly had a mental breakdown knowing she could now be with him without him having to leave her.

Sam became her friend when she was twelve years old.

She had called Wayward Agency- the operation that checked upon the werewolves and vampires and such, of a few towns including Westbrook- at her uncle's order.

He had been bitten badly in the right arm. Adira remembered that she had also been able to see the bones through all the blood.

She was near fainting before she remembered that she had to help him.

"C-Call the agency," Hade had stammered. He was practically dragging himself onto a couch. "The number is on the fridge. Report them about the rogue-"

Adira didn't need to see or hear and anymore and she had rushed to the fridge along with the telephone.

Sam had picked up the call. Just a thirteen year old boy.

"Hello?"

"Hello, it's an emergency! One of the hunter's have been injured badly. There is a rogue-"

"Okay, okay," Sam said in a soothing voice, trying to calm down Adira. "We need your location and the code of the hunter you are reporting about."

It then took about an hour till help came from the agency, landing near the house in helicopters, and the whole time, Sam had stayed on call with Adira.

After that incident, when her uncle was resting one night, Adira had sneaked into the kitchen and called the agency again.

When on the other side, she had not heard Sam's voice, she cut the call in anger and disappointment.

The next day, her uncle was showing her how to polish the guns, when the phone rang.

He picked it up, and with an amused look, turned to Adira and said, "It's for you!"

It was Sam.

He told her that one of the staff member had said something about getting a weird call from here and then not getting any response, and that he had assumed it was Adira.

She told him he was correct, and that she wanted to talk to him.

Uncle Hade had left the house, to buy groceries, he said.

Adira asked Sam his age and told him hers. She told him she was an orphan who lived with just her uncle and that she was being home schooled for now, and had almost never interacted with someone her age or had any friends.

After that, they talked almost daily.

When Uncle Hade gifted her a phone on her thirteenth birthday, she added Sam's contact on her phone.

He even sent her a picture of himself.

Adira was already secretly crushing, but she felt twice the butterflies after seeing how he looked.

He even visited her. During his vacations. He came with the excuse that the agency had sent him, to take training from Hade.

Adira went completely stiff when Sam hugged her at the airport.

It was Sam. Her Sam.

He drove her to Lucy's house, whom she instantly disliked before the woman had even opened her mouth.

The phone buzzed in vibration, just as Adira zipped up her tight, dark, black leather pants.

She walked over to the bedside table where her phone had been kept on charge.

"Hello?" She said tucking the phone between her ears and shoulders as she sat down on the bed, putting on her socks.

"The Blue Moon Pack? Didn't you get any information at the Inc.?" It was her uncle's way of greeting.

Adira sighed and shifted her phone to another shoulder as she tugged in her other sock.

"The guy over there really looked clueless," she said, putting on her serious, convincing voice. "I don't think the locals know about it. I thought that maybe Sam and I need to discuss this with the pack here."

Hade stayed silent for so long that Adira thought he had hung up.

"Be careful," he said finally. "Talk professionally with whoever you will be talking to. That pack is not only high in power in Westbrook, but in other places too. Do not accuse or demand anything from them. Try a more diplomatic approach if you can."

Adira knew Sam was more better at this. But she'd see what happened.

"Okay, alright," she said obediently. "I will."

"Wait, you are going now?"

"Yeah, Sam is just about to reach any moment to pick me up."

"Okay, be carefu- "

"Gotta go do my makeup!" She said quickly before hanging up and throwing the phone on her bed, behind her.

She didn't even ask him how he was. She wanted to talk more but she really didn't have much time left. And she also knew that Hade would bring up Lucy and ask how everything was going with her, and Adira was in no mood to discuss it.

She quickly combed through her elbow length hair.

It sucked that her hair was wavy, and slightly curly, she thought.

It hurt her way too much whenever she combed.

She looked at herself in the mirror and frowned.

Was this okay to meet the pack?

She wore a white linen frock top, with a belt in the middle, and black leather pants.

She looked like a girl playing pirate for Halloween.

She sighed and tore out of her clothes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4 0 12
This story tells the tale of a reclusive young witch named Morgan who gets pulled into a murder investigation where witches and young children are be...
275K 17.2K 26
A young fairy's desire to break free from the restraints tethering her to her world, pushes her into the arms of a charming, young wolf, whose world...
2.5M 119K 43
Liam Black holds a dark secret inside of him. This secret is cold, merciless, and as dark as the night. It flows through his veins and teases his ski...
1M 54.2K 51
When a murder shakes her tiny village, Alera will discover a horrifying link between the scars on her arms and the werewolves and vampires that stalk...