TWO ALPHAS, ONE MATE

By Jenifer_GG

Lilly, a human, is caught between two overbearing alphas. Both claim her, but only one will have her. A story... More

CHASE| 1
HUNT| 2
CLAIM| 3
TENSION| 4
NIGHTMARE| 5
FOUND| 6
AURA| 7
REVELATION| 8
CONFESSION| 9
EXPOSED| 10
TRUTHS| 11
ACCEPTANCE| 12
INTERPLAY| 14
WARNED| 15
CLIMAX| 16
DUEL| 17
UNCOVER| 18
REBIRTH| 19
PROPOSITON| 20
GOODBYE| 21
SLUMBER| 22
TRIO| 23
UNTAMED| 24
BETRAYED| 25
WARMTH| 26
WHOLE| 27
HIDDEN AGENDA| 28
DISRESPECT| 29
WITCH| 30
TRUCE| 31
PINNACLE| 32
HEAT| 33
TOMORROW| 34
TRESPASSER| 35
REUNION| 36
THE END| 37

SECRETS| 13

10.7K 376 23
By Jenifer_GG

"Ouch, ouch, ouch. Make it stop. Please make it stop," I cried out.

I place my hand over the mark in hopes of dwindling down the pain. Ethan, Crystal, and Josh are at my side in a second, hovering over me. Ethan attempts to remove my hand from the mark, but the pain only intensifies.

I get up, knowing that Ethan's proximity is making the pain worse. I go to the desk, on the father side of the room, hoping to create as much space between us.

He maintains the distance. He understands my actions. Crystal and Josh, on the other hand, follow and remain by my side.

Crystal takes my hand from the mark. After careful examination, she describes the mark; it appears inflamed with a bright red ring around it.

I do not understand what brought about the pain. I am not kissing Ethan this time.

Crystal turns to her brother, questioning him, "Ethan, last night when this happened, you said you were making out. You and Lilly were not physical this time around."

She is trying hard to figure out the mystery.

"Yeah. I think when I got near the mark during our little kissing session, it was trying to defend itself," he explains.

"Defend itself," she questions.

"Our close physical contact was a way for Lilly to reject the mark. Technically, by kissing me, she was rejecting the owner of the mark. Whoever left that mark on her did not finish mating with her... I think we can still remove it."

"Hmm... I get that, but why is it reacting now," she thinks out loud.

Turning to me, Crystal can see pain still visible on my face.

"Lilly, what were you just thinking?"

I briefly ignore the pain as it dawns on me. This pain is not random.

Trying to formulate a theory in my mind, my eyes widen in realization. I had still been thinking about the mark as an animal attack, but this is not. This is a werewolf bite.

Up till this morning, I had no idea werewolves existed. So, I quickly dismissed my dream from last night. But it was not my subconscious making me see a black wolf last night.

I shut my eyes, trying to recall what the wolf said. I remember him saying that despite being unconscious, our minds are connected. Our interaction was real, and it is all allowed by the mark.

I want to know who this mystery person is. I need to find out the reasons I was targeted.

I sense everyone staring at me, but they do not push me, thinking I am still in an immense amount of pain. I use this to my advantage, to keep on thinking.

By now, I have realized that the mark means something more precious to their kind than what I had thought. This would explain Ethan's reaction when he first laid eyes on it and each time, he sees it.

Everyone keeps using the words 'accepting and rejecting' the mark, and I try to find the meaning behind them.

When I first had a dream last night, the wolf mentioned it was because I was thinking in him. If I remember correctly, earlier that night when she took a shower, I was indeed staring at the mark while the blue eyes kept poping in my mind. At this time, the mark was healed.

I conclude that the word 'accepting' means that I am thinking in the mystery person.

Based on this assumption, when I was indulging in some fun with Ethan, I was not thinking in the mystery person back then during our make out session, so I was 'rejecting' the mark. I feel like I am Sherlock Holmes trying to uncover a mystery.

Now, the pain started up again just as I decided to give me and Ethan an opportunity at love. I really was not thinking in this unknown individual then.

I start to think that the pain is brought out from a sudden rush of intense emotions towards Ethan.

I know I am missing a vital piece of information. I do not want to answer Crystal's question.

It is embarrassing to say that I was thinking in being happy with Ethan. But I need to say it. I need to if I want to get to the bottom of things. I am going to need their help.

My pain has subsided at this point. I am so busy trying to figure things out that I assume the mark is not feeling rejected as Ethan calls it. Everything is so complex.

I sigh, before saying, "I was thinking that I wanted to try and be happy with Ethan."

I quickly look down, trying to avoid everyone's eye contact, especially Ethan's.

I do not want to give them an opportunity to say anything, so I quickly ask, "what does a mark mean to a werewolf?"

Everyone explains that a mark establishes the bond between mates. It heightens their connection. It allows them to communicate with each other via their mind. This ability is called mind linking.

So that's why those two are always on the same page.

Ethan elaborates more on the mark. He says that upon meeting each other, werewolves act quick and mark their partners. Usually, after they been intimate.

He tells me that he believes this individual did not complete the mating process with me which is why my mark is not 100% permanent. I start to thank the stars for this.

Essentially, he believes that my mark can be removed because I did not have sex with the unknown individual, but it will be extremely painful.

The mark will disappear with time as the barer of the mark begins to mentally and physically reject or deny the one who marked them.

Just great. If I continue my relationship with Ethan, then I will be in pain each time our relationship hits a new milestone until the mark vanishes.

The trick is that I must make sure not to think in the wolf or the hooded individual. I want to believe that it will be easy.

Concluding everything, I restate, "so because of a crazy person...no wait...because of a delusional werewolf... I have to endure pain if I want to keep moving on with Ethan until the mark is completely gone..."

Everyone simultaneously nods.

"Also, Ethan, you would like to mark me once I'm finally unmarked."

He nods eagerly.

I scoff at the thought, saying, "as if. Why would I go through all this pain to get rid of this one," I point at the mark, "to gain a new one."

He says, "because its mine. We are destined to be together, and I want to get as close as I can with you. I was the only one who should've grazed your skin, but I won't let this stop me from what's rightfully mine."

I feel a little flattered. Yet, I am not ready.

Crystal asks her brother, "do you think it will have the same effect on Lilly. I mean, she isn't a werewolf, so would she be able to mind link or do all the other stuff?"

I keep quiet. I know the answer. I apparently did it with the wolf last night, but for some reason, I cannot get myself to inform the others.

I wonder, if a mark is so special to their kind, then why would a werewolf randomly use it on me... unless it was not random.

Before I know it, my lips move.

"Can you be mated to more than one person?"

Everyone stares at me blankly as if I asked the most obvious question.

Josh answers, "no, Lillian. There is only one soulmate for everyone."

I smile, before nodding. I do not know what led me to believe that I can have two mates. I am not even one of them. I should not even have one.

Everyone decides that it is enough information for a day. For the remainder of the day, I spent it with the three watching movies. Nobody wanted to exert me after my pain session.

It is finally nighttime, and I use the mark to my advantage. I tell everyone that I am still fatigue from the pain I went through. They allow me to go rest for the night in Crystal's room.

After absorbing everything that was shared, something told me that it is not as simple as a delusional werewolf. I am sure that everyone else is also unaware as to why I was attacked or marked.

I had many theories.

Theory number one: It could be a result of a power struggle. Ethan holds an important position. Perhaps, someone in their pack wanted to hurt him though me. The problem with this theory is that how would anyone know I was mated with Ethan when we both were oblivious to the fact.

Theory number two: They were just a perverted fucker and saw me as a piece of meat.

Whatever the reason, I do not intend to stay clueless for long. I omit the fact that I had an encounter with the wolf in my dreams from everyone.

I feel like it will make matters worse. The last thing I want is to make Ethan lose control, again.

Despite everything, we had such a nice day, and I do not want to ruin the night.

I felt at ease with Ethan and had convinced myself that I was not doing anything wrong. After all, they never asked me if the wolf contacted me.

I just want to lessen their burden and figure everything out myself. I decide that I will share everything with them once I gather all the information.

I lock the room, once I am in it. I am going to contact the mystery person.

I do not know exactly how the function works. However, I remember the wolf say that in a conscious state, I just had to think in him to contact him. This is the trigger.

I took a deep breath, concentrating hard on the blue eyes both the hooded man and wolf possessed. It is not as difficult as I thought it would be. Their eyes were frightening, but captivating.

A moment later, I hear a sinister voice, 'couldn't stay away, could you?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

703K 19.8K 28
It basically all started with a strip tease, outside in the freezing cold of winter in New Hampshire, with all his warriors watching. Lily didn't as...
94.9K 4.6K 22
Sent out in a secret undercover mission. Gabe is in search of answers. Along the way, he is captured and taken prisoner. Will the woman, who is his m...
164K 3.5K 31
Lilly is shy and most of the time quiet.When her mother dies her father starts to drink and starts to abuse her.what will happen when she meets Alex...
247K 13.7K 59
18+ SPIN-OFF to The Eternal Curse Everett has been waiting for his mate longer than most. He's fantasised about his future Luna joining him in his ad...