This Life's Mine (Draco Malfo...

By MayRose713

Haley Snape finally gets to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry although against her so called... More

⚠️Warning ⚠️
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 16

443 8 3
By MayRose713

It's been four days since the DA got caught. We've been waiting for Umbridge to tell us when we are going to have detention. The night we got caught Dumbledore disappeared. The Ministry thought our group was formed by him to go against the Ministry. He left before they could take him away though.

Umbridge now being headmistress has been hell, more than it was before. No one is happy any more.

Draco and all the other Slytherins won't talk to me anymore. All of them are mad at me for being a part of the DA. And because of it I've been ignoring my friends in the other houses too. Hermione and the twins have tried to get me to hang out with them to cheer me up but I just decline the invitations.

I usually skip meals so I don't have to talk to anyone, and if I actually do go to the great hall for a meal I just sit alone. The one time I did that I noticed Draco watching me from the other end of the Slytherin table and I don't know if I imagined it or not but he seemed kind of worried. But there's no way, I'm nothing to him so I know he doesn't care.

I've also been sitting alone in all of my classes. At least in the ones I show up to. Every once and a while I don't feel like going to a class so I just skip. I've been ditching potions every day though. I knew that Severus was going to lecture me so I've been avoiding him as much as I could.

"Will all students who took part in the unauthorized organization please report to the great hall for detention." Umbridge's voice boomed through the castle.

As much as I didn't want to go I knew that if I didn't my punishment would be a lot worse than it already is.

I walked into the great hall with the rest of the DA members. Desks were lined up in rows in front of where Umbridge is sitting, all with parchment and quills on them.

I went to take a seat at one of the desks in the back when;

"Ms. Snape, you will be sitting up here dear." Umbridge said pointing to the desks right in front of her.

I walked up the row of desks to sit down, giving her a glare as she gave me a fake smile. I noticed my quill was different from everyone elses.

"Alright." Umbridge announces once everyone had taken their seats. "Everyone will write 'I must not break rules.'" She said and I went to start writing. "Except for you Ms. Snape."

I look up at her confused as she smiles even bigger than before.

"You, my dear, will write 'I am nothing to Draco.'" She explained.

Everyone gasped as I stared at her with wide eyes. She really is a bitch.

"Everyone go ahead and get started." She said.

Everyone started writing and I could hear the sounds of students hissing and whimpering as the words are carved into their skin.

I look up at Umbridge one last time to see her still looking at me, smiling as she nodded her head at me to get started.

I put the quill to the parchment and wrote "I am nothing to Draco." The back of my left hand had started burning the second I wrote the first letter.

I looked at my hand to see that it wasn't healing right away like last time. It also looked like the words weren't just scratched into my hand but also burned into it at the same time. I looked at the quill in shock.

"Is there a problem Ms. Snape?" Umbridge asked. This caught everyone else's attention too.

I looked up at her to see her stupid smile.

"Bitch." I hissed out at her making her giggle.

After thirty minutes she let everyone leave except for me. She made me write for a full hour then let me be done.

"Now Ms. Snape, remember this the next time you have information you are asked to reveal." Umbridge said as I shakily stood from my desk.

My hand is covered in blood and the pain so strong. I turned to leave as quickly as possible.

"Oh, and your father would like to see you in his office as soon as possible." She said before I could fully walk out of the great hall.

Now that I'm away from the maniac, I finally let the tears fall as I looked down at my bloody hand. I heard a sharp gasp which made me look up. There, standing a few feet in front of me is Draco, with wide eyes staring at my hand in shock.

Through the blood and mess you could still make out the words.

"Haley." He whispered taking a step forward.

Before he could move any closer though I ran. I ran into a bathroom nearby to wash the blood off my hand hissing at the pain it caused.

Once I got the bleeding to stop, I gently patted my hand dry with a towel. The wound is so much worse than I previously thought. Seeing "I am nothing to Draco" both carved and burned into my hand made my heart clench. Especially being on the same hand I wear the bracelet he gave me.

I dried my eyes as best as I could before peeking out of the bathroom to make sure Draco wasn't there before walking to Severus' office.

I stood in the potions classroom in front of his office dreading going in. I took in a deep breath before pushing the office door open. There was Severus sitting at his desk like usual. He looked up at me and he's definitely not happy with me.

"Close the door and sit down." He told me and I complied now really nervous. "You haven't been in my class in days and I've only seen you once in the great hall."

"Yeah, it's called I was avoiding you."

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked sternly.

"Because I don't want to listen to you fucking lecture me." I got angry.

"Language." He hissed. "I wouldn't have to lecture you if you had just listened to me in the first place."

"So you can keep controlling my life, because you think you know what's best for me? Yeah, no thank you." I yelled.

"You are so stubborn just like your father." He grunted.

"Yeah my father, who is not you may I remind you." I sneered back.

"Because your real father is dead." He broke finally yelling. "Merlin's beard Haley. You're such a nuisance. Sometimes I wish I hadn't adopted you so I wouldn't have to deal with you."

I looked at him with wide eyes. Sure he and I fought but he's never said anything like that to me before.

"Haley." He gasped realizing what he said as tears welled up in my eyes for the second time today.

"Well if you don't want to deal with me, then fine, you won't have to anymore." I said before running out of his office and the classroom as I heard him call after me.

I wasn't really sure where I was running to, as tears blurred my vision, until after climbing a few flight of stairs someone stopped me. I looked up to see Draco standing in front of me once again holding my shoulders.

"Haley, please listen for a second." He begged.

"Why, so you can yell at me some more?" I asked.

"Haley please..."

"No Draco. Why are you even trying so hard? You don't care. I'm nothing to you remember?" I said through tears as I showed him the back of my hand and his eyes softened. "I'm nothing. You don't want to be my friend anymore. Everyone in our house hates me. Severus doesn't want to deal with me anymore and wishes he never took me in." I cried out.

I broke out of his grip and pushed past him but he grabbed my arm again.

"Draco stop." I cried out pushing him away from me. I then took the bracelet off my wrist and shoved it into his hands. "I'm done. I just wish I had told Harry the truth."

"What do you mean you're done?" He pleaded. I then saw Severus coming up the stairs behind him slowing his pace when he saw me.

"I'm done with both of you." I sneered at them, now that Severus could hear what I'm saying. "I'm done with this school." I started taking a few steps backwards. "And I'm done with my fucking life." I cried.

I turned and ran. I ran to the one place that most of my problems had been solved at over the school year.

I ran up the stairs of the astronomy tower as fast as I could. All I could hear is my heart pounding in my chest at what I'm about to do.

I got to the very top and ran to the railing Draco and I usually lean against, looking out at the view. But this time I'm not just going to look at the view.

I climbed over the railing, not letting go until I had a firm footing on the other side.

I stood there looking out at the beautiful view one last time before letting go of the railing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 50 62
Y/n Potter just found out that she has a brother. He is supposedly the chosen one. She was expected to study at the same school as Harry, hoping they...
13.2K 502 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...
2.6M 44.6K 104
Y/n Riddle. Daughter of the Dark Lord. However, nobody knows. Well, until sixth year when she gets paired up with a new Death Eater, Draco Malfoy. ...
1.2K 67 29
A muggleborn Slytherin? Unheard of. What will happen when that girl becomes friends with Harry, Ron, and Hermione? What will happen when she falls in...