Dice [h.s.]

By tpwk_pleaseeee

"She was an angel craving chaos. He was a demon seeking peace." -Helen - Their love wasn't supposed to happe... More

warning/intro
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
Prologue I

2

4.7K 99 57
By tpwk_pleaseeee

"Edit your life frequently and ruthlessly. It's your masterpiece after all." -Nathan W. Morris

Kennedy's POV

3 months from present...

"Are you nuts? Nat you're gonna get us killed!" I threw my thin arms in the air and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Stop looking at me like I have two heads." Natalie crossed her arms, flashing her emerald puppy dog eyes at me.

"I'm not asking your boss for help! You've told me what he's done." I stomped my heel hard on the smooth pavement.

We were having this fight in front of the biggest casino in Las Vegas that she dragged me too.

"So what he fired someone for being annoying?! That's not mean K! It's business." Natalie was starting to get angry and raise her already powerful voice.

"Yes it is! What if they didn't deserve to be fired." I frowned and pulled down on my tight black dress which was riding up my thighs from my fast and angry movements.

"Oh my LORD! Will you give it a rest? He's not a bad guy AND he's not even my boss! I just do some favors for him sometimes." Natalie ran her fingers frantically through her long, golden blonde hair.

"Everyday? Yea okay." I rolled my eyes, finding this argument completely absurd. He wasn't gonna help me, I don't get what she's trying to do here.

"Shut it. He can help you." Natalie huffed out hot air that was building up from our heated argument.

"You really think he can help find who killed my dad?" I lowered my voice, pressing my lips into a frown. I hate how she can always persuade me to do what she says.

Natalie took my hands in hers, nearly stabbing me with her long ass acrylics. They are so fucking unnecessary.

"Yes, I really do." Natalie pushed one of my loose curls out of my face, helping it lay with the rest of my dolled up black hair behind my shoulders.

A few months ago, my father was brutally murdered in the back of an alleyway. Detectives found his body a few days after my mom and I filed a missing person's report. It was so sudden. Me nor my mother had no idea who could have done this to him. He was a brain surgeon who helped save peoples lives. Who could kill a hero?

I was determined to find his killer. Getting police records, hanging out at the station after dark. But I got nothing. Every lead led to a dead end. Whoever killed my father is good, really good. Once we find who killed him, I'll kill that son of a bitch myself. I'll even let my own mother arrest me if it means I get vengeance for him. He shouldn't have died.

Natalie told me about this guy she works for on occasion. His name is Harry Styles. He's apparently a guy who's got a shit ton of connections to law enforcements and people who can help find my dad's killer. At first I told Natalie no, that I didn't want to meet him. But I guess it was opposite day because here I am, standing in front of a casino, trying to be persuaded into meeting the man.

"What's his credentials?" I tightened my jaw. I was being dead fucking serious. I wanna know what I'm getting myself into.

"For fucks sake Kennedy. I don't fucking know what he does for a living! All I know is he's good, for the right price." Natalie pointed at my chest. My cleavage was prominent tonight, exposing my whole chest.

"I'm not gonna sleep with him to get him to help me." I rolled my eyes, watching Natalie slowly get impatient.

"Just, meet him. Find out his price. Nothing has to be set in stone tonight." Natalie pointed to the big door of the casino.

"Fine." I scoffed.

Natalie jumped up and down in her heels, trying not to fall and break her ankles. She was so lucky she's wearing jeans tonight otherwise she would have just flashed the whole entire state of Nevada and all our border states. Natalie kissed my cheek, waddling in front of me and dragging us over to the front of the casino.

It was a huge building with blazing red, blue, and green lights. There was a big white awning in the front with the word "Alea" in big glowing letters stapled to the top. Natalie dragged me under the awning, stopping our feet on soft black carpet. There was a line of people waiting to get into the casino. Fuck, I don't wanna wait on a fucking line.

Two young, muscular men in all black clothing were standing in front of the two entrance doors. On either side were long velvet ropes with tiny golden poles, keeping people in line. Everyone from the age of 21 to the age of 70 were waiting in line. Like I said, the most popular casino in Las Vegas.

I wandered my eyes around the entrance, admiring the little details. There were two red dice being rolled at the logo, which was plastered on either glass door. As I stared at the door, it opened. I felt my mouth gape open at who had come out of it. A tall, muscular man in a dark grey suit came walking out of the casino.

He had short black hair and chocolate brown eyes. He had a sharp jawline, and long lashes. He had tattoos up his neck, along his hands, and one tiny one of his cheek. The man looked over to me and Natalie, and smiled. I felt like I could nearly pass out. Was I dreaming?

The man buttoned his suit and walked over to us, keeping a welcoming grin on his face. The minute he approached us and cleared his throat, my heart stopped.

"Good evening Natalie." The man had a thick English accent. He reached for Natalie's hand, taking it, and kissing the top of it.

"Evening Zayn. Zayn, this is my friend Kennedy. Kennedy meet Zayn." Natalie squeezed the skin on my shoulder.

"Huh?" I shook my head, checking my chin to make sure I wasn't drooling. I locked eyes with the hottest man alive.

"Zayn Malik." Zayn took my hand and pressed a gentle kiss to the top, placing it gently at my side.

"Oh uhm, Kennedy Monroe." I smiled.

"Nice to meet you Kennedy. You look very pretty." Zayn winked and stepped back so he could look at both of us.

Okay yea, all men knock the wind out of me but this was a new high. I'm not asthmatic but he's for shit sure gonna make me one. I hope not all the men in here are this hot. I don't think I can handle it.

"So, what brings you ladies here tonight?" Zayn put his hands in his pants pocket, switching his eyes between the two of us.

"Have a good time and speak to Harry." Natalie glanced in my direction, biting on her lip.

"Harry? Have you told him you're coming?" Zayn kept his eyes on me, watching me still in a daze.

"I was hoping one of you could get us in." Natalie pressed her hands together in a praying motion.

"Nat-" Zayn sighed.

"Pretty please! We'll be quick." Natalie flashed him her puppy dog eyes as well. Zayn frowned.

"You're lucky I like you Nat." Zayn shook his head and spun around on the balls of his feet.

Natalie took my hand and dragged me violently behind her. Wait so she just got us in? Score! Zayn led us up the small set of stairs covered in black carpet and held open a glass door for us. The first thing you're hit with when entering this mad house is the sound of slot machines and the smell of hard liquor. It was a huge multicolored room.

There were the same colors as the outside, lighting up the inside. In one corner of the casino was a mile of numerous slot machines or gambling games. In the middle where money machines. Put your card in and drain your bank account some more. Half of the other side were bars and tables to sit at. The other half was a dim light area where the tables were. Blackjack, poker, solitaire you name it it was there. Women dressed in tight black dresses and men in all black suits walked around the casino. Offering drinks from the bar, offering food for while there playing. Then there were also dealers at each table.

Zayn patted his shoes on the black hardwood floor as he led us through the whole casino and stopped at a small metal door. He covered the knob with his hand and punched in a bunch of numbers. I wasn't paying much attention to where we were going since I was too busy admiring the work of art we were in. How have I never seen or been here before?

Natalie tugged me into a dark hallway, blocking all light from my eyes. We kept a steady walk down a flight of stairs until there was a dim light source. We stopped in the archway of a freshly lit room. No LED's, no sparkling lights or slot machines. Just a normal room. Natalie pulled me beside her and I swear to god she was trying to fucking kill me.

In the middle of the room was a big dealing table. Sitting in the middle was the dealer, but surrounding it were the main attractions. 4 men sat around the circular table, either drinking something or smoking something. The first one to catch my eyes was a short man. He had messy brown hair that sat on top of his head. He was wearing a navy blue suit and a red tie. His legs were crossed and he was smoking a cigarette. This man also had a shit ton of tattoos on his neck, arms and hands. The man glanced up at me, flashing his blue eyes. They were a bit lighter than mine, but still breathtaking. He had a small button nose and narrow lips which were plastered in a straight line.

Sitting beside that man was another brunette. He had a more muscular frame than Zayn and the previous man. He had hair on top of his head and a buzz cut on either side. He was wearing a black dress shirt with white suit pants. His sleeves were rolled up, exposing his millions of arm tattoos. The man looked up to me, furrowed his brows and looked back to his glass of alcohol. He has condescending light brown eyes and a small beauty mark on his cheek.

Across the table were two more brunettes. The one I saw first was the most muscular one of all of them. He had perfect brown hair cut perfectly at all angles on top of his head. He was wearing an all black tux's and his buttons were down past his chest. The man was smoking a pipe. He looked back at me, nodded his head, and looked back at his cards. He had sea blue eyes that reminded you of the ocean. Same as mine.

The last man at the table had his head down. All I could see was the mop of short curls on his head and smoke coming from under his stare on the ground. He looked so mysterious.

"Boys, this is Kennedy." Zayn raised his voice.

"Niall Horan." The man sitting beside the mysterious brunette stood up, shaking my hand. He had a deep Irish accent.

"Nice to meet you." I grinned back, exposing my Brooklyn accent.

"Liam Payne." The second most muscular one stood up from beside the thinner one, nodding his head and sitting back down. He had an accent similar to Zayn's.

"Louis Tomlinson." The skinner man looked up at me, grinning and putting his head back down. He had the thicket british accent.

"Harry." Zayn cleared his throat.

The mysterious one didn't flinch. What he did do was flick his cigarette to the floor and step on it.

"Harry." Zayn repeated.

"What?" The mysterious man raised his head in anger. The breath was knocked out of me as his deep, raspy English accent caressed my ears.

The mysterious man who's name is Harry was absolutely beautiful. Harry had deep green eyes, almost emerald. He had the perfect figure. Not too skinny yet not too muscular. He had little peach fuzz and short eyelashes. He had a sharp nose, and his eyes were twitching. He was wearing an all black suit with matching black shoes. He had the same tattoos as the other boys, but they were more spaced out. His eyes met mine, rolling to the back of his head while he slouched.

"Natalie, you said she didn't want to come." Harry groaned, looking up at the ceiling. Natalie gulped.

"I said she didn't know." Natalie corrects him.

"Same fucking thing." Harry sighed.

"Harry, please. Just hear her out." Natalie pleaded, grasping my hand tighter with every word.

Natalie flashed me a don't fuck this up look.

I could barely wrap my head around the five hottest men to walk the earth sitting in front of me. Let alone being alone in a room with one.

"You're so lucky I'm in a good mood." Harry stood up from his seat, cracking his back on his way up.

"Thank you Harry." Natalie lets out a long, reliving breath.

"Let's go Barbie doll." Harry points to me, inching me towards him with his finger. I gulped, remembering that I actually have to talk to him to ask him for help.

I followed Harry into a room beside the room they were already in. He let me in first, slamming the door closed and locking it behind us. The room was a white box with a leather couch and an alcohol station. Harry walked over to the alcohol station and began to pour himself a drink.

"Speak." Harry ordered, turning around and sipping his newly poured glass of what looks like is bourbon.

"Oh, uhm. I'm Kennedy Monroe-"

"I know your name." Harry barks.

Okay dick, didn't have to say that.

"I want to find out who killed my dad." I stated, fidgeting with the end of my dress. Harry looked me up and down and nodded.

"Who's your father?" Harry's voice vibrated through my ears. I closed my eyes and nodded.

"You knew my name, shouldn't you be able to figure that out too." I slapped my hand over my mouth once I finished that idiotic sentence.

Damn your stupid fucking sarcasm!

Harry pressed his tongue to his right cheek and placed his cup down on the alcohol tray. Harry pushed himself off of the wall he was leaning on and started to walk towards me.

"What was that?" Harry licked his lips and narrowed his eyes down on me. He looked so intimidating.

"N-n-nothing." I stuttered out, moving backwards as he took more steps towards me. His hard footsteps banged against the tile flooring, radiating throughout the room.

Harry took one huge step towards me, pushing me against the door. Harry put our bodies centimeters apart. He leaned his head down beside my ear and scoffed.

"Do not be snippy with me. I will not hesitate to hurt you." Harry whispered into my ear, lingering the you longer than needed.

He pulled back, and walked back over to his spot on the wall. His breath lingered down my neck, making my chin raise.

"My father is Jack Monroe. He was a brain surgeon." I gulped, slowly removing myself from the door.

Harry watched me with a cold expression. He moved his eyes with my movements, but that was it.

"I can help you." Harry kept his cold expression the whole time his mouth moved. He was so fucking scary.

"You can?" I feel the intimidation from him leave my body and refill it with excitement. Maybe I showed it too much because Harry's expression changed to anger.

"With a price of course. My services are not for free." Harry pushed himself off the wall again, stepping forward before stopping in his tracks.

"What's the price?" I ask hesitantly.

"What do you think the price should be?" Harry walked towards me in small steps while sipping his drink as casual as he could in a moment like this.

"You tell me." I bit my tongue as soon as I said that. I'm usually only sarcastic with people I'm close with. What is going on?

"How much do you want to find your father?" Harry moved closer again, less intimidating than before.

"On a scale from one to ten?" I started to move back slowly again, feeling the back of the couch on my thighs.

Harry laughed manically, stepping forward making me stumbled back again. This time I fell onto the couch, my back hitting the fluffy leather cushions, causing me to bounce.. Harry chuckled again, moving around the couch and inching closer with every sip and step.

"How badly, Kennedy." Harry made his voice low and menacing. I didn't like the look in his eyes.

"Very badly." I gulped, moving my body back against the opposite arm rest. Harry sat down on the other side of the couch.

"This badly?" Harry inched his hands closer to me, placing his drink glass on the floor.

Out of instinct, I kicked his hand away as it hovered over my thigh. My mom taught me self defense, so it was truly instinct. Harry kept moving his hand until it touched my thigh, being unphased by my reflex. Was I really this desperate? Was I gonna give my body to this man for a promise that he hasn't even made? I'm better than that, right?

His hand inched softly up my dress, gripping my thigh roughly. I was so wet for him but I can't do this. This is prostitution 101. Sorry dad, I love ya but I'm not giving my body away to get closure. I slapped his hand away and rolled off of the couch, kicking over his glass. Oh shit, I had to run.

His chest started to raise up and down as he saw his spilt drink. Don't cry over spilt milk am I right? Not the time. I ran over to the door fighting the lock. Shit, I forgot he locked us in here. I banged on the door and kept glancing at Harry who was making his way slowly towards me.

I ripped the black bobby pin from my hair and bent it with my teeth. I stuck it in the lock of the knob, spinning it around aimlessly until I heard a click. Harry was just about to reach me. I slammed against the door, opening it to the room full of people. I slammed it shut behind me, locking it and pressing my body against it.

Those self defense classes I use to take really come in handy. All the guys and Natalie locked eyes with me, staring at me with confused looks.

"Nice to meet you all!" I blabbered out, releasing the doorknob and making a run for it.

I grabbed Natalie's hand, stringing her along as we ran back up the dark stair hallway and opening the locked metal door at the top. I heard british gibberish from down below as I slammed the door shut and heard it lock behind us.

I ran us out the casinos nearest exit, running up a dark alleyway until we were met with the blinding lights of outside the casino. I pinned myself against the neighboring brick building, trying as hard as I could to catch my breath. Natalie had her hands on her knees, also catching her scattered breathing. She looked at me, sweeping hair away from in front of her face.

"What the fuck happened!" Natalie shouted, staring at me with flames in her eyes. I gulped.

"I wasn't giving my body away to get an answer that there's no guarantee too." I panted out frantic breaths.

"And you couldn't of done that without making an enemy of Harry fucking Styles!" Natalie paced back and forth.

"I'm sorry! I accidently kicked his hand with my heel the way I was taught in self defense class." I bit my lip.

"You are so fucked." Natalie scoffed.

There were faint footsteps from behind us. We both turned around to see Zayn catching up to us. He stopped in front of us, folding his arms and furrowing his brows.

"What the fuck happened." Zayn demanded. He didn't question, he demanded. His voice was deeper than before.

"Fucking idiot over here didn't wanna fuck Styles and she used fucking self defense." Natalie shook her head in disappointment.

"You did fucking what?" Zayn lunged towards me, holding back a snicker. I already know I'm stupid!

"It was instinct!" I groaned.

"He's pissed so I would leave the premises. You don't wanna come back. Ever." Zayn snickered and walked back through the alleyway.

"No shit sherlock!" I called after him as he entered the building. I was just flat out annoyed.

"Let's go before you make enemies out of more powerful people." Natalie grabbed my wrist and dragged me back to our car. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 352 5
ប្រជុំដោយNovel ក្ដៅសាច់🔥
443K 27.9K 92
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
281K 6.5K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.5M 39.4K 83
[COMPLETED] "And as for owning you, princess" He pauses, hissing between his teeth. "When I decide you're mine, I know exactly what to do to ruin you...