Polar Opposites || Jungkook f...

By kimjiilee

[SLOW UPDATES BUT STILL ACTIVE] In a world where both humans and hybrids exist, Y/n is a doctor at a shelter... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

13

4.7K 169 118
By kimjiilee

Jungkook's POV

I felt y/n shift to a different sitting position beneath my head causing me to sit up.
"i'm sorry! did i disturb you?" she frantically asked with lots of hand gestures.

"no it's alright. I probably would've fallen asleep if you didn't do that." i said rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly.

"Kookie, if it's alright with you.. i still have a question regarding your past."

I timidly listened. i let out a long breathy sigh before speaking.
"about what exactly, there's lots of things regarding my past." i chuckled dryly at the memory.

"well.. why dont you... know how to read exactly?" her words getting softer as she finished. i opened my mouth to answer but she continued.
"like... you're talking to me perfectly fine and everything i was just... curious."
i noticed she gripped onto her shorts with both hands and kinda sink deeper into the couch.
"if you're worried about me getting upset for you asking, i won't." i said looking directly into her eyes with certainty. she nodded in a reserved manner.

"you see... i was taken by the people I've mentioned before at a very young age. I can't remember much from then because that's where my memory gets a bit hazy, but i guess i just... picked up words from what I heard around me to learn. I've never been properly taught...."
i didn't realize but i couple tears escaped the corners of my eyes again. "damn these stupid tears!" I shouted while aggressively mopping them up with the fabric of my sleeves.

she rubbed my back for comfort while staring into the empty side of the room.
I looked there too but soon realized there was nothing worth interest over there.
"what are you looking at?" I asked.

"o-oh? nothing. Sorry i was just thinking about something."

"What were you thinking about?"
she looked a nervous and nibbled the corner of her bottom lip.

"Could I maybe... Teach you how to read?" She asked me squeezing her eyes shut with anticipation.

My Jaw dropped as an inaudible gasp left it. My eyes gleamed with hope, something i haven't felt in a long time. I understood what she asked me... but I don't think i really understood what she asked me. My nails clawed into the flesh of my own hands. I felt a lump in my throat that was beyond painful now. I'd have to hear it a second time to really believe what I had heard.

"...Really?" I asked but it came off more as a whisper. my eyes never left my feet.

I felt her soft fingers graze through my messy hair.
"Yes, if you'd let me that is." she smiled warmly that contagiously made me smile as well. Again I felt my eyes become moist.

"When... do you want to start? The sooner the better you know?" she said holding both of my hands. I felt my cheeks heat up on impact.

"... i never... i didn't say yes yet." I mumbled.

"oh.. so then it's a no?"

"..no"

"so then it's a yes?!" she exclaimed, you could hear the grin in her voice.

"maybe." I said with my signature cocky smirk, which appeared evidently.

Y/n's POV

That one word was all i needed to hear. Unconsciously I got up and hugged him.

"i'm so proud of you, Kookie. I may not be the best teacher but I will try my hardest to become one for you."
I could tell he was just as excited as I was.

"So uh.. when do we start?"

"hmm how about right now?"
Seeing how shocked the boldness in my answer made him was cute.

i set a thin stack of paper and a plate of my snacks on the desk Jungkook was occupying.
"i need something to write with too." he said crossing his arms like a child.
i gave him a 'really' look which he shrugged off.

"what do you want me to do? Write with my spit and a finger?" he said putting his hands up defensively.

"I was looking for a 'please Mrs Min y/n may I have something to write with' okay?"

"ugh no way! and pfft 'Mrs Min' I most definitely will not be calling you that."

"I'm trying to get into the teacher role and here's a pencil your highness." I said sarcastically.

he looked at me and fake gagged.

"uhh what is this? I wanna write in pen, it looks better." he whined.

"pshh you can't write in pen because you won't be able to erase your mistakes." i said giving him challenging eyes.

"Then why are you using pen?" he fired back equally as challenging.

I clutched onto my heart, dramatically offended by that. he snarled at his own joke knowing he had won our mini battle.
"okay okay you win." i said rolling my eyes.

"so can I get a pen?"

"No." I said smirking this time and flicking him on forehead.
——

"This is so hard!" He yelled out.

"What don't you get?" I asked

"letter 'd' looks a lot like letter 'b' and that looks like an upside down 'p'. Why would they do that?" he sulked, questioning the alphabet.

I cleared the desk for him and got him a clean sheet of paper.
"okay let's just forget about  'D B and P' for now okay?"

he nodded in agreement. his pouty lips still trembling.

"I'm going to teach you how to write your own name."
he smiled and I saw his frustration ease.

"copy what I write. okay?"
———

"And that's it! It should look like that, can I see yours?" i asked him.
He clutched on his paper tightly and shook his head fast.
"Nah.. i'm good, you don't need to look at mine. So... go far far away from here? 'kay?"

"let me see, I won't laugh kookie."

(A/n: Yes, i made that unfortunately-)

The paper read "Jungcook" instead of "Jungkook" which I thought was really cute. Definitely keeping this.

He pulled his hoodie of his head and yanked the strings to shut it.

"Kookie, No need to be embarrassed. You did really good. Whether you make 1 mistake or 100 mistakes it's okay because you're learning and you're trying your best to learn."

he pulled his head out of his 'sweater shell'. his cheeks still a taint bit pink. looking at me to be sure that I was indeed telling the truth.

"so how many did I make?" he asked timidly.

"what?" I asked confused by what he meant.

"How many? did i make 1 mistake or 100 mistakes?"
Such an innocent question asked by someone who was all but innocent. It was somewhat wholesome.

"Just one." I said while ruffling his hair.
_____________
weeks went by and Jungkook would sit at his desk, practicing everything he learned.
he studied hard and his efforts were visible.
__
4:07 am
I rolled out of bed and put on my robe and slippers. The light hadn't peeped through the clouds yet.

I poked my head into Jungkook's room; squinting hard as all that was there was his messy, unmade bed but no bunny boy.

"jeez this boy." i said shaking my head, while I tiredly folded his sheets and smoothed them down.

Closing his door behind me I could see his small desk light on in the living room.

The bunny boy was nearly asleep on the desk. I cooed at the sight. he must've woken up earlier than usual to get some more practice for his reading and writing.

he was still holding his pencil in his hand. I carefully removed it and laid his well built body onto the sofa and didn't forget to toss a blanket over him. His soft snores and twitching nose really reminded me of a bunny.

i turned back to the kitchen but my curiosity got the best of me. I stole a quick glance at the crumpled papers he was working on.

A lot of them were just little doodles but one paper really brought moisture to my eyes.

—————————————————
Quick Survey for you guys! Please answer in the comments—>
Do you want/are you okay with
Smut, Nsfw, mature content?? 😐
I have gotten requests for it and i just want to make sure a lot of you guys actually want it and are okay with it. Please answer Yes or no in the comments!! <3
As Always Thank you so much for reading! remember to vote and comment, it really makes my day :)
-Kimjiilee<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 6.5K 23
Jeon Jungkook hated his life, unlike most hybrids. Jeon Jungkook was a bunny hybrids, unlike most who were either a cat or dog. He was rare, beautifu...
199K 8.8K 30
you found him at your backyard, eating the cat food you left for the stray cats in your neighborhood; Jungkook, a stray and a bunny hybrid decided to...
663K 9.8K 6
Smut warning ⚠️ Jeon Jungkook is a bunny hybrid . He's lovable. He's cute. However he's very , very , very, high maintenance. Being a bunny he has...
297K 11.6K 20
y/n works at a hybrid clinic. a new, shy, hybrid ends up at the clinic and finds y/n is the only one that has earned his trust. when they take a pa...