Rajveer Naina-Rebirth of love

By Authorbest

Rajveer and Naina. couple made in heaven. They stuck with each other through thick and thin. They laughed wit... More

Introduction-character
Introduction-plot
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Holi Special
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11--Part A
Chapter 11 Part B
Chapter 11 Part C
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14---Last Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 3

1.9K 52 1
By Authorbest

Naina's Point Of View

I threw the file at the table, and ran to hide behind that curtains.

Oh no, Naina, why do you have to be so dumb? Don’t you remember what had happened that last time you hid behind curtains?” I thought to myself, as I tried to stay as quiet as possible, because getting caught was the last thing in my mind.  

Rajveer sir, if you have ever loved me, you will save me” I thought, and then cursed, at myself. A few seconds passed, and with each passing seconds, the sounds of footsteps came closer and closer.  I was giving up all hopes when I heard two very familiar voices outside:  Alekh’s and Captain Abhimanyu’s.

A few seconds passed, and then I heard four steps going away, and one step coming closer.

“Naina, come out. They are gone” I heard Alekh’s voice say. I cautiously, got out and walked toward Alekh.

“What are you doing here and where di BC, Mugambo and Muccard go? I questioned.

“You were in here for a long time. When you didn’t come out I got worries, and saw Abhimanyu sir in the corridor. I gave him a lame excuse, and he took the three out of here” Alkeh Explained.

“Um, ok thanks.”

“Tell me one thing, what took you so long?” He asked

“I don’t think this is the right time nor the right place to have a chit chat, don’t you think” I said 

“Let’s go to the Mess. Everyone one is waiting for us.” He said and left.

Upon reaching the mess I saw a worried look on the faces all of my friends. Alekh and I started to walk toward the table, where they all were seated. Huda saw us before we could reach the table, and jumped up from his chair, in order to walk toward us.

“Ohi foolan, what took you so long?” He questioned as soon he reached us. I looked toward him and felt guilty. Guilty, because of me he is not happy. Guilty because I can never love him. Guilty because I know he is not as jolly anymore because of me. Guilty because

My chain of thoughts were broken by someone violent shaking me. I turned around to see Pooja standing next to me.

“Ohi, Naina, you ok na? What happen? Why did it take you so long?’ She asked me. I walked over to the table and sat down.

“BC was not in his office, so I was about to exit when my eyes laid on a file. I read that file and was about to exit when I heard BC, Mugambo, and Muccard’s voice outside” I narrated.

“What? Naina you ok na? You should have been more careful.” Ali said, worried.

“Yes Ali. Abhimanyu sir and I were able to stop the three before they went in the room” Alkeh said.

“But, chief what about the letter?” Yudi asked.

“I have got it.” A voice said from behind us. I turned around to see a serious looking Captain Abhimanyu looking at us. He was holding a white envelope in his hand. He walked over to us handed me the envelope.

“I was able to save your but* this time but never eve pull this kind of stunt again. Understand?” He said/scolded.

“Yes sir” I said slowly as I saw that he was really worried.

 “But sir, how did you get this letter?” Pooja questioned.

“I had to break into Major’s office, but I am never doing that again” He said and turned toward me “So cadet Naina, make sure he never gets anything of your, from now on”

“Well cadets, I have to finish some paper work so I will get going, and you all should go to your room. It’s almost lights out.” Abhimanyu sir said and left.

“Anyways, Naina, what was in that file in thau’s office?” Huda questioned.

“I can’t tell you all that here. Our room. After lights out. I will leave the window open” I said and turned toward Pooja. “Let’s go”

Pooja and I were sitting in my bed, talking. I kept noticing that Pooja was there, but her mind was somewhere else.

“Pooji, everything ok na? I mean, I have noticed that you seem a little distracted for the past few days” I asked.

Yeah Naina it’s just that” Pooja could not continue, because of the loud thud that Huda created, coming in the open window.

“Oh chief, don’t make so much noise” Yudi scolded coming in.

“Shut up Yudi” Huda said, sitting himself next to me.

“Would you two, please stop arguing before Lolita ma’am hear us” Ali said, coming in followed by Alekh.

Ali, Alekh and Yudi, settled themselves in Pooja’s bed.

“Nina, what was in that file that you had to call us here at this time to talk about it’? Ali said, clearly not being comfortable, breaking the rules and being in girl’s room and that too after lights out.

“We have been lied to, Ali” I said.

“Could you be a little more Naina, because I am lost” Yudi said

“Me too, Naina” Alekh and Pooja added.

“We have been lied to about Rajveer sir. We were told that his dead body was found, but its condition so bad that they didn’t want to show it to anyone.” I explained.

“Well, isn’t that what happened” Yudi questioned, still confused.

“No, not according to the file” I said.

“According to the file. Captain’s body was never found.”

“WHAT!?” Yudi screamed.

“Shut up Yudia” Huda said and tuned toward me “Does this mean our Captain Sir is alive?” he questioned.

“Or that the terrorist found his body.” Alkeh argued, still not being able to process the fact that Rajveer sir might be alive. “Plus, why would Abhimanyu sir hide this kind of info from us” He further added.

“Maybe because he does not know. To me it did not seem like any ordinary file that any officer can have access to. It was as if it was kept with very heavy security.” I argues back.

“But, Naina Alekh bhai is right. We have to analyses all point of views” Ali said.

“I agree Ali, but that was not the only thing in that file.” I said and looked around to see all my friends were confused. “The investigating officers found a bullet hole in the petrol tank as if someone shot it on purpose to blow up the jeep”

“You think Captain Rajveer Sir did it” Alkeh asked.

“Why not. As far as I remember Captain Sir was the only person in that jeep.” Pooja declared.

“It not that I don’t want him to be alive punjaban. It’s just that I don’t want to hold any false hope. I can’t bear to lose him again.” Alekh explained. There was a moment of silence, and I guessed that everyone was thinking about sir.

“I still remember the last thing he told me. He had said ‘Naina Mein na, aapna poora career intelligence mein beetai hai. Who log muj tak khabi nai pooach payanga.’”(Naina, I have spend my entire career in the intelligence. They can never reach me) I said, while tears rolled down my cheeks as I remembered that last time I saw Rajveer sir. I looked at Alkeh and saw Alkeh was still not willing to accept, therefore I added “Alkeh Rajveer sir was known in the military for his patience, his strategies, his cleverness, and his way of thinking. Why would such a brave and intelligent officer walk right into an enemy trap, knowing it is a trap without any plan? It just doesn’t make sense. Alekh these are just pieces of a puzzle, that when put together states that mine, Our Rajveer sir is Alive.”

“Ok” Alekh stated, sounding a little convinced. “One piece of this puzzle is the letter, let’s have a look at that.” He added.  I got up to get the letter when someone knocked at my door. “Cadet, who is there? Open this door right now” It was Lolita ma’am and my last thought was ‘We are so dead’

Hey guys. Sorry for the late update, but I had a lot to do. I made this ud a little longer to make it u. hope you enjoyed this part. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 2.9K 43
Dr. Naushad Ali Rizvi and Capt. Naina. Both are so different but so alike. Both are heart broken and part of unrequited love stories. Very talented a...
1.6M 78.4K 73
Winner of "The Golden Bird Awards" hosted by 'AmbassadorsIN' They say, ❝Someone up there has already decided your destiny and paired you up with some...
9.1K 766 19
This story is a prequel of my previous story 'You Are My Everything'. But it can be read as stand-alone. 6 youngsters struggling in their own lives h...
51.5K 3.9K 51
Her goal was to prove her brother's innocence. His motive was to bring his best friend's truth to the front of the world. And then.... everything was...