Promises and Deals | The Mand...

Von multi_fandom2015

Promises are made to be broken. Deals are made to be kept. [The Mandalorian Season 1-2] I do not own the Mand... Mehr

.000
.001
.002
.003
.004
.005
.006
.007
.008
.010
.011
.012
.013
.014
.015
.016
.017
.018
.019
.020
.021
.022
.023
.024
.025
.026
.027
.028
.029
.030
.031
.032
.033
.034
.035
.036
Truth and Lies
Author's Note: Incoming Updates
.100
.101
.102
.103
.104
.105
.106
.107
.108
.109
.110
.111
.112
.113
.114
.115
.116
.117
.118
.119
.120
.121
.122
.123
.124
.125
.126
.127
.128
.129
.130
.131

.009

1.7K 67 6
Von multi_fandom2015

That promise didn't last long, and Mando almost feels bad about it, but they need the credits if they are going to survive being on the run. With three strangers and a droid now on his ship for an impossible rescue mission, Mando's never felt more on edge. The Child was asleep last he checked, and the girl seemed fine hiding with him in their small compartment.

He can imagine the girl in his head, curled up with the Child in her arms or in his hammock. Since Tatooine, he hadn't been able to get the image of her tattoo out of her head. It was familiar, just like the one on her back. He'd drawn it from memory as the only time he saw it was weeks ago at this point. Whenever they dock, he finds ways of asking around, but most people don't know either. A Rebellion General of high standing...He never would have guessed.

Forcing his gaze to stay off of the sealed compartment as he slips back into the hull, Mando watches the Devronian Burg grinning at his weapons collection. Quickly shutting the compartment, Mando grimaces under his helmet when Burg slams his fists into the doors before turning to another switch—the switch that would reveal the girl and the Child.

Mando slaps his hand back.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Meyfeld says, holding a hand up. Mando cannot find it in him to respect an Imperial sharpshooter. Sorry, ex-Imperial sharpshooter. "Ok, ok, ok. I get it. I'm a little particular about my personal space too. So, let's just do this job. We get in, we get out, and you don't have to see our faces anymore."

"Someone tell me why we even need a Mandalorian," Burg asks as he stares Mando down.

Mando shifts to stand just in front of the sealed compartment.

"Well, apparently they're the greatest warriors in the galaxy. So they say."

"Then why are they all dead?"

The laugher that erupts from the three others echoes in his head. Why did he even take this job again? Right, the credits.

"Well," Meyfeld turns to Xi'an. "You flew with him, Xi'an. Is he as good as they say?"

The Twi'lek simply focuses on the dagger balancing on her finger. "Ask him about the job on Alzoc III."

"I did what I had to," Mando says, hoping the girl can't hear. He doesn't know why, but that is a part of his history he does not want her to know.

Xi'an laughs as she lets the dagger drop into her palm. "Oh, but you liked it. See, I know who you really are."

"He never takes off the helmet?" Meyfeld asks.

She shakes her head with a mocking laugh. "This is the way."

"Hmm...I wonder what you look like under there," Mayfeld says. "Maybe he's a Gungan. Is that why yousa don't wanna show your face?" Everyone chuckles while Meyfeld looks back at Xi'an. "You ever see his face?"

"A lady never tells."

No, she has never seen his face. No one has since he was a little boy.

"Aw, come on, Mando," Meyfeld taunts. Mando wants to punch him. "We all gotta trust each other here. You gotta show us something. Come on, just lift the helmet up. Come on. Let's all see your eyes."

Burg smiles, saying, "I'll do—"

Before the Devronian can touch him, Mando grabs his arm and twists it back. He fights hard, but Mando is better; he kicks Burg back. Then, he realizes his mistake when Burg's hands wrap around the wall, hitting a switch.

As the wall opens, the girl rolls out, instantly going for Meyfeld. The shining dagger in her hand glistens in the low light as she swiftly pins him to the wall, blade pressed tightly to his throat enough for a bead of blood to drip down.

No one dares move lest she kills their leader; only the Child coos as he sits at the edge of the compartment.

Mando holds out his hands. "Let him go. We're on a job."

The girl glances back at him before letting Meyfeld drop to the ground with a roll of her eyes. She returns to the compartment with a glare towards Mando and sits, pushing the Child further in.

"Got a stowaway, huh, Mando?" Meyfeld asks with a grimace as he stands, eyeing the girl wearily. The girl narrows her eyes at him before jutting her head forward, chuckling at the way he stumbles away. "How much did ya pay for her? And what is that? You got a pet or something?"

The girl straightens her back as she looks over at Mando. "Something like that," he says. He can tell she's begging for some sign from him to kill all of them.

"Didn't take you for the type," Xi'an says. "Maybe that code of yours has made you soft."

"Me, I was never really into pets. Yeah, didn't have the temperament. Patience, you know. I mean, I tried but never worked out." Meyfeld eyes the Child while the girl twirls her daggers threateningly. "You know, I could take them off your hands if you'd like."

The girl clenches her jaw.

"Dropping out of hyperspace now."

The ship lurches, making everyone jerk around the ship. The girl wraps her arms around the child and ends up falling beside Mando, though her limbs seem locked in place around the now crying Child. Mando wraps an arm over her and presses her closer to the ground while the others scramble to hold onto something.

"Commencing final approach now. Cloaking signal now. Engaging coupling now."

As the ship finally stabilizes, Mando stands up before helping the girl to her feet. She blinks a few times before she makes her way back to the compartment as she bounces the Child in her arms.

"Coupling confirmed. We are down. And relax. Commence extraction now."

Xi'an hisses. "That useless droid didn't even give us a proper countdown."

"Zee, you sure they can't see us?" Meyfeld calls up.

"The Razor Crest is scrambling our signature, and I'm inside the prison system. It's impressive that this gunship has survived the Empire without being impounded."

"Alright," Meyfeld sighs. "We got a job to do. Mando, you're up."

Mando sends a look back to the girl before kneeling on the ground, opening a small door at the bottom of his ship. As he hacks into the prison ship below them to open the way, he does take notice of the others glancing at each other even as the hole opens.

"It's me?" Meyfeld asks.

"Always you," Burg replies with a grin.

Meyfeld pulls out his blasters as he sticks his head into the prison ship before he hops down. Xi'an follows before Mando urges Burg to go before him. As the Devronian jumps down, Mando turns back to the girl who has an eyebrow raised at him. "Stay here with the kid, and keep an eye on the droid. We'll be back."

She purses her lips, she holds up both hands and spreads her fingers. She clenches them into fists before repeating the action.

"We need the credits."

With a sigh, she nods and closes the compartment door behind her.

✦✧✦✧✦

Mando is never taking another job again. All he gets is double-crossed. He paces in his cell, waiting for a droid to pass by. One should eventually, and then he has his ticket out.

The sound of heavy footsteps makes him pause and press his back to the wall of the cell, his grappling hook ready; a shrill droid cry makes him waver. He steps away from the cell door and waits. Suddenly, it opens.

The girl stands in front of him, wiping oil from her fingertips. She wields two long swords that shine in the light as she arches a brow at him. Well? She seems to say.

"Don't," he says with a shake of his head. "We have ten minutes before the New Republic blasts us to pieces. What happened to the kid?"

She shrugs. Don't worry. With a grin, she nudges his side as they begin to race through the ship. Mando drags her back to the control room where she pauses in front of the body lying on the ground.

Mando ignores the sorrow-filled look on her face as he cuts communications and begins to herd the group of traitors right where he wants them, watching them scramble around on the security footage.

Once they are completely separated, Mando turns to find the girl holding a blinking device tightly in her grip. "Get back to the ship and take out the droid. Keep the kid safe," Mando says but frowns as she shakes her head. She points at the body, a deadly look on her face. "What? What do you want? We're wasting time."

She points to the body again.

"Xi'an did it."

Going over to the security footage, she points at where Xi'an walks alone through the halls.

"Yeah, she did it."

With a nod, the girl starts to make her way out, but Mando grabs her arm. "Are you crazy?" He asks. "She's a highly trained mercenary. She'll cut you to pieces." He's seen her do it to others. He doesn't want the girl falling prey to the Twi'lek.

She rips her arm away from his before she races out of sight. Mando wants to follow her, he truly does, but Burg is about to fall into his trap. He just hopes the girl can take care of herself.

✦✧✦✧✦

Don't really know what to say, but I love this book even if it doesn't get any attention. 

Hope you enjoyed!

-L

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

121K 2.9K 45
[S1 COMPLETE] [S2 COMPLETE] [S3 IN PROGRESS] -PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION- "I need your help. With the kid. With everything." 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘭𝘰�...
108K 2.3K 31
"i didn't ask for a new padawan. this has gotta be some mistake" "well, master yoda doesn't usually make mistakes so i'm pretty sure it's true." in...
189K 6.5K 49
"You have me. Until every star in the galaxy dies, Din Djarin, You have me." ---- Jeyna Ryn comes from a long line of fierce Mandalorian warriors, a...
5.9K 220 12
━ ❝𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘥𝘪𝘯. 𝘸𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨.❞ OR ━ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘴𝘴�...