TWO ALPHAS, ONE MATE

Par Jenifer_GG

Lilly, a human, is caught between two overbearing alphas. Both claim her, but only one will have her. A story... Plus

CHASE| 1
HUNT| 2
CLAIM| 3
TENSION| 4
NIGHTMARE| 5
FOUND| 6
AURA| 7
REVELATION| 8
CONFESSION| 9
EXPOSED| 10
ACCEPTANCE| 12
SECRETS| 13
INTERPLAY| 14
WARNED| 15
CLIMAX| 16
DUEL| 17
UNCOVER| 18
REBIRTH| 19
PROPOSITON| 20
GOODBYE| 21
SLUMBER| 22
TRIO| 23
UNTAMED| 24
BETRAYED| 25
WARMTH| 26
WHOLE| 27
HIDDEN AGENDA| 28
DISRESPECT| 29
WITCH| 30
TRUCE| 31
PINNACLE| 32
HEAT| 33
TOMORROW| 34
TRESPASSER| 35
REUNION| 36
THE END| 37

TRUTHS| 11

12K 405 21
Par Jenifer_GG

I want to punch Ethan and tell him to hit the high road. But at the same time, I have a powerful need of closing the distance between us. His actions are normally considered a red flag to just about any normal girl, but his words make my heart flutter.

Being stubborn, I am not going to let Ethan have the last word, even if they do make my world spin.

Blushing, I reply, "you are flattering yourself. It obvious you got a big ego. Who goes around calling themselves alpha?"

I stretch my hands, reaching his chest, and nudge him. I want him to let go. To my disappointment, he complies.

I look behind Crystal and Josh, noticing the Adams' absence. Ethan follows my stare.

"My parents said it looked like we had things under control, so they decided to leave us," Ethan answers.

This catches me of guard. I turn my attention back at him, and he simply smiles, completely content with the fact that he was able to answer my question before it was asked.

"I don't recall hearing anything," I respond.

"You wouldn't. They mind linked us," Crystal answers.

Many words had already been said that I did not one hundred percent comprehend, making my mind chaotic. I do not want to be in the dark anymore. If I am going to be a part of their world, I am not going to go in blindsided. I need more information and answers.

"They mind linked you," I question.

Josh scans our surroundings before saying, "why don't we go to a more private place."

Ethan scans the area as well, before nodding in agreement.

I cannot see why they are so tense. I do not see anyone nearby. Before I can protest, Ethan grabs my hand and leads me back inside the house.

This is the first time I can pay attention to the outside of their home. When I first entered it, I was unconscious.

After studying it, I realize their house is huge, almost like a mini mansion with rustic vibes.

Upon entering the house, I request for Ethan and Josh to put on a shirt. I can care less about Josh, although I am quite impressed by my friend.

The truth is that it is difficult for me to concentrate with a distraction as impressive as Ethan. I try to play it off, but Ethan knows better. He smiles before complying.

I take this time to call my mom. She gave me a whole lecture about not letting her know I was going to come to the Big Green sooner, how she was worried sick. She is frantic. But I just smile at her nagging.

I am so glad I get to hear it. Yesterday I thought I was a goner. Hearing her nagging is music to my ears. I am glad Crystal and her mom manage to convince her I am safe, although that seems like a loaded promise right now.

After many reassurances and promises, we had agreed that I can stay here if I like, and the Adams permit me with the condition that I call or text her frequent. She knows this is an opportunity not many get, and she wants me not to be alone anymore. She wants me to be able to share time with my friends.

I told her I loved her, which I truly deeply do. I do not know how long I will be here in the Big Green, but I will miss her. I will make sure to call her as much as I can.

After I end the call with my mom and the guys come back, everyone goes to the fourth floor. I am overjoyed when I find out they have an elevator. After leaving the elevator, everyone goes inside a room.

The room is spacious, with books everywhere. It is like a mini library. In the center of the room, two sofas are present with a coffee table in the middle. Then at the far end, near a huge window, a desk is present. It is all quite impressive.

"This is my office. Do you like it," Ethan asks.

I excitedly shake my head yes. I cannot deny it. I am mesmerized. He makes a hand gesture to the middle of the room towards the couches.

Crystal and Josh sit on one sofa, while Ethan and I sit in the opposite sofa, both couches facing each other.

"Let's begin," Ethan says, almost sounding like an order.

"I think it's important to tell her the basics. I'll start," Crystal happily begins.

I make sure to keep my eyes glued on her. I want to give her my undivided attention. I have no intentions of missing any details.

Crystal continues, "let me just say that werewolves have always lived among humans, but as a whole race we have concluded that its best not to make our existence known. You can understand why, right?"

I am happy that I can answer the first question. I have seen plenty of movies to know that humans do not take kindly to things that are perceived superior to them. Humans act often out of fear. They would control or try to dominate werewolves.

"I can totally understand why. You guys are probably afraid of hunters and wouldn't be able to live in peace," I respond.

"Exactly! I will not lie. There have been rumors of some packs co-living with humans, but this has not been confirmed. Our pack does not. The forest works as a barrier to keep our pack separate from Valley Forbes. While we are on the subject, I want to clarify that our name is not the Big Green. We are the Shadow Creek Pack."

I chuckle at the name. It seems like a typical name you would hear in a comic.

"Uuuuu...the Shadow Creek Pack, so scary," I tease.

Josh cuts in, "you should be scared. The Shadow Creek Pack has been around for hundreds of years. We are one of the strongest and oldest packs. We can easily kill everyone in Valley Forbes if we wish to."

My smile falls off, letting out a monotone, "oh."

Josh laughs, "relax. We would never do that Lillian. Our pack has no beef with humans. We live peacefully among them."

"Does that mean there are others who don't like humans?"

Crystal answers, "unfortunately, many packs believe that humans are inferior to us. Some simply fear the number of humans. Although we are stronger than humans, they greatly outnumber werewolves which is a threat itself. Those that hunt or fight humans see themselves doing a noble thing for our race."

I realize that their world is so complex. I admire the Shadow Creek Pack for choosing to stay neutral and peaceful, going against many of their kind's beliefs. However, had they said that the Shadow Creek Pack also fought humans, I cannot say I would be bothered.

I am a logical person. My mother believes this makes me coldhearted at times. If humans are so much of a threat to werewolves, then it is logical for them to act against humans. Still, they chose not to. This is praiseworthy. I want to know more.

"So, who decided that your pack would be so passive?"

Ethan leans towards me.

"That would be me. The past alphas of the Shadow Creek Pack have believed that humans deserve the same right to live. They believed that we could learn several things from them. These teachings have been passed down to me, and I wholeheartedly agree."

"There goes that word again. I'm assuming I have the wrong idea of the word."

"An alpha is the leader of the pack. Their word is law, no exceptions. They are known to be the strongest in the pack," he proudly states.

"In our pack, my family's bloodline has always been in charge. I am alpha like how my father, grandfather, and so on were. One day, our eldest will be alpha."

I could not take Ethan seriously. I am all too surprise how quickly Ethan is trying to impregnate me. He stretches his arm, placing it behind my shoulders.

"Slow your roll, hot stuff. Let's not talk about children yet," I nervously say.

I start to see Ethan in a different light. It must be hard to have so many expectations and duties. I look at him, concerned.

"It sounds kind of harsh," I mumble, afraid he will not be able to follow my thought process.

"It can be, but I have been trained for this position since birth. I know what I am doing," he answers, no explanation needed.

He understands my comment clearly, grinning at the fact that I worried about him. Our eyes met for a brief second, and I could not help smiling.

Things start to come together. I realize why Ethan is so controlling. No one in his pack can say no to him. These expectations would not be met by me, though.

He scoots closer to me. Our sides are touching. He guides me closer with the arm wrapped around my shoulders.

He says, "although everything we have told you is important information to know, the most crucial piece of information I want you to remember is that you are mine, my mate."

"Is that supposed to mean anything to me? Because right now I'm thinking that werewolves just move a little too 'fast'. You catch my drift."

I look at Crystal for an explanation.

Crystal answers, "it's not that we are 'fast' Lilly. We simply know who we are meant to be with. A mate is your other half. It is the one person in the universe who was made for you. Think of it like your soul mate. Werewolves are mated to each other by the moon goddess for life."

"Moon goddess," I question.

I am trying my best to wrap my head around Crystal's words. From my perspective, it just seems like werewolves are hopeless romantics.

Crystal clarifies, "she is our deity like our god. She makes sure every werewolf has a pair."

I am intrigued by everything.

"How you know who your mate is or who she assigned you with?"

"When both parties turn 16, they are able to recognize each other. An irresistible scent radiates from your mate. It leads us to them. The scent is not the only thing that is irresistible," Crystal briefly pauses, looking at Josh with a smile.

"When you are with your mate, your body starts to crave them. You feel like you never want to leave their side," Josh finishes Crystal's thought process.

Josh holds Crystal's hand. Then, it hit me. I put the puzzle pieces together. Josh and Crystal started going out three years ago, after Crystal's 16th birthday. Josh had already turned 16th.

This is how they were able to recognize each other. It was as if a light shined over me. I finally comprehended how they went from friends one day to practically inseparable the next.

I smile as I see my two best friends. It's comforting to know that they will be together forever.

I do not really believe in true love, but this is unimportant. The only thing that matters is that Crystal and Josh do, which is good enough for me.

I feel Ethan tighten his grip around me. Suddenly, it dawns on me the reasoning behind his actions.

He is not trying to be rico suave. He is not trying to be disrespectful to me. He thinks I am his mate.

I do not hate the idea, but it does not seem plausible. I do not smell anything. I am also not one of them. Surely, he must know that.

I can admit that Ethan is hot, that I constantly want to wrap myself around him. I am drawn to him. He makes my heart flutter like no other, but this is not love. This is lust.

I look down towards my lap, fidgeting with my hands like I always do when I feel anxious. I can feel tears form, along with an immense sense of guilt. I am misleading him.

I am taking someone else's rightful place. Ethan probably took our make-out session as a confirmation of love.

Dam it! It's my fault for acting on impulse. I am not an impulsive person, typically, but I was unable to resist that day.

I try my best to hold back tears as I look at him. I grab the arm that is wrapped around my shoulders, placing it on his lap. I want to take responsibility for my actions. I want to set him straight. I finally understand the type of person he is.

He is not a jerk, or a player. Every action he took towards me was based on a firm belief that I was his destined one. But I cannot be.

I let out a low sigh, before looking at him straight in his eyes.

"Ethan, I am NOT your mate."

I try my best to lace my words with venom. I want them to come of harsh. He needs to see reality.

Ethan becomes tense. His chest rises and fall more rapidly. His breathing is labored. He roughly places his hand on my lap and forces my head up with the other. His eyes are a pool of blackness.

Mesmerized and terrified by his brute display of anger, I lowly hear Crystal say, "uh oh, he is turning."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

79.9K 6.6K 48
After Jared's mate, Amelia, left him for good, he had given up all hope of ever finding love again. That was until he discovered the Moon Goddess had...
453K 13K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
357K 11.1K 30
"My body and my wolf may want you but my brain and my heart don't." I said, proud of my words. "They will." ~•~•~•~•~•~ Weird, clumsy, smartass and b...
992 36 7
Humanity has fallen, the supernaturals have come out of hiding and taken control. Years after watching the chaos of The Fall Emelia is faced with her...