My Plant Girl || Neville x OC

By jamesmarchswifey

(14+) This is a Neville Longbottom fanfic. In it, he makes a friend called Naomi. There are a lot of things h... More

1. The train
2. New Beginnings
3. Hagrid's Lesson Gone Wrong
4. The Truth About Her Past
5. A Trip To Hogsmeade
6. Intruder
7. Pleasurable
8. The Kiss In The Library
9. The Howler
10. The Nightmare
11. Summer
12. Home?
14. Unforgivable Curses
15. An Eventful Halloween
16. A Trip To The Hospital Wing
17. Running Away
18. Remus' Place
19. After The Party
20. The Second Task
21. Why Him?
22. He's Back?
23. Remus' Friend
24. Dolores Umbitch
25. Dumbledore's Army
26. Banned From Quidditch
27. Draco's Hamster
28. Christmas With Miles
29. Why don't you?
30. Confessions And Impressions
31. The Great Escape
32. Nice one, James!
33. Back Together
Discontinued

13. Tournament

109 4 3
By jamesmarchswifey

-Naomi's POV-

On the train, Neville wouldn't stop asking me if I was okay. I kept saying that I'm fine but he wouldn't believe me. 

"Naomi, tell me what happened. Why have you got so many injuries?"

"I am fine."

"No you're not. Naomi, you have....... at least 20 bruises on each arm not to mention a black eye"

I then whispered something which he didn't hear.

"hmm?"

"I sent an owl to George and she got angry with me"

"I'm sorry, what!?"

"The time before that, I ate a packet of crisps and left the crumbs on the carpet so she...... punished me. I got one on my shoulder from where she pulled me out of the car and onto the pavement. After tha-"

"hold on, how many times did this happen?"

"Uhm......"

I had to count on my fingers but then I ran out of fingers to count on and had to continue in my head.

"about......... 43"

"43!?"

"Mhm....... anyway, as I was saying, that day. In fact, it was the first day of summer, you know, when she pulled me out of the car? Anyway, when we were eating dinner, I started early so she slapped me across the back of the head. My dad didn't agree so he stood up to her. Well let's just say, now they're getting a divorce and I might never see him again."

"Merlin's beard. Why didn't you owl me? Or Fred and George, or Miles?"

"I couldn't. She had hidden all of the parchment and whenever I got any, she'd take it and burn it."

"Naomi, you need to reach out to someone. Like Professor Lupin."

"no. He's probably got enough to worry about than me. Pluss, he wouldn't. I know he told me to reach out to him if things got too bad but-"

"but what? Naomi, you're being abused"

"I know but-"

"No. No buts. You're reaching out to someone."

Just then, Fred and George came in. Fred took one look at me and then quickly knelt down in front of me, getting George's attention.

F: "What on earth happened?"

G: "Are you alright, Naomi?"

Na: "I'm fine"

Ne: "hey, where's Miles?"

F: "Transferred to America. No clue why-"

G: "We were just hanging out one day, said we needed a break from him and the next thing you know, he was talking shit about us."

F: "Yup. He got annoyed and moved to America. Anyway. Are we not going to talk about those bruises?"

Na: "No. Hey, Nev? Can I borrow a hoodie, please?"

Ne: "of course, love. Here"

He reached into his bag and got out one of his hoodies for me. It had a picture of a frog on the front and it was really warm.

Na: "Thanks"

Ne: "no problem"

F: "you'll never guess where we went"

G: "the world cup!"

F: "It was mental. Fire coming from every direction."

He said as he sat down by the window, George sitting next to him in sink.

G: "We barely made it out alive!"

Ne: " Me Gran said something about that in the daily prophet. Was there really a dark mark?"

G: "We don't know."

F: "We had to get out of there while we could, so we didn't really see anything."

G: "tell ya what we did see though."

F: "Death eaters!"

G: "At least 20 of them, big pointy hats and torches"

Na: "wow guys, sounds like you had it rougher than me!"

F: "now now, Little. I wouldn't bet on that."

G: "Unless........."

F: "................ no"

The rest of the train ride, we carried on talking. We spoke about house elves, their hair because for some reason it seems that no one has cut their hair over the summer. We also talked about Fred and George wanting to start a joke shop. I really think they're onto something there. On the topic of parents, Neville would always just look out the window or pretend to be reading a book. I thought this was strange as the only mention of his parents has been when Draco said "he's got no parents to come save him" Merlin, I don't like that boy. I turned to Neville and was about to open my mouth to say something. The thing that stopped me was his smile. He was looking at a picture of a man and a woman. I held his hand and he looked a me then instantly put the picture away. Fred and George were chatting amongst themselves.

"Who are they?"

He just ignored me and put his head on my shoulder. I assume he's tired so I let him sleep. When we got close enough to the school, we all changed into our robes. I had completely forgotten about the thing about Neville's parents. It was stormy, very stormy so I had to put my hood up on my robes. We went on the carriages and rode to the school. When we got up there, I sat by Neville in the great hall. All the professors look strangely exited. All except from Snape. As soon as Dumbledore went up and silenced the great hall, everyone shut up. He was half way through talking about new teachers when all of a sudden the roof started having thunder, lightning and rain. Everyone burst into panic. I grabbed Neville's hand and he squeezed mine. He whispered gently in my ear.

"it's alright, love"

Just then, a man with scars all over his face, a missing eye and half a nose who seemed to be using a walking stick of some sort came in and stopped the ceiling. He then said something to Dumbledore and sat down with the teachers. Is that our new dark arts professor? It is. Professor Dumbledore just said. Oh, Merlin..... Wait- Triwizard tournament?! No way!

"Wicked"

I heard from Fred and George. Professor Dumbledore made the great hall go silent before Barty Crouch came up onto Dumbledore's spot and said that only students of age (17 or higher) are allowed to enter. Fred and George yelled at him along with a couple of other students.

"THAT'S RUBBISH!"

A lot of the student were shouting at him that it's unfair and that they want to enter. I didn't see what all the fuss was about. It's just like the muggle Olympics, right? When Dumbledore brought out the cup, I was shocked. It's beautiful. Just then a piece of paper hit the back of my head. I looked at it and saw that it was a note off Draco.

ʜᴇʏ, ɪ'ᴍ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪʙʀᴀʀʏ. ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴇᴇᴍ ᴄᴏᴏʟ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʟᴏɴɢʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ. ɪ ꜰᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ.

-ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏ

I just looked at him and nodded, earning a slight smile from him. He then started writing another note. Neville turned to me and noticed the note then took it from me and read it.

"Draco, huh?"

"y- yeah. He seams like less of a dick this year?"

"Don't fall for it, love"

He turned his attention back to the assembly and I got another note.

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇ?

I started writing on the note.

𝒜𝒸𝒸𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒶𝓉 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒, 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒾𝓉 :)

I passed it to the Hufflepuffs who passed it to the Ravenclaws who passed it to Draco. The boy that I passed it to on the Hufflepuff table looks at me and sighs. Then I see his prefect badge. Shit.

"You know, you really shouldn't be passing notes whilst Dumbledore is talking."

"uhm- I know?"

"I should be telling you off because..... well, I'm a prefect-"

"I know."

"don't cut me off. But...... because it's the first day, I'll let you off."

"I'm Naomi"

"Diggory. Cedric Diggory."

"Fred and George spoke about you, on the train"

"They did? Saying what?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just that you went to the world cup with them."

"Yeah, I did"

"cool. Uhm-"

"Now listen to Dumbledore before we both get into trouble"

I turned my head back to Dumbledore and payed attention. Cedric seems nice, Like Fred and George said. And George was right. He does have cool hair.

After the assembly we all went to our common rooms. One of the things that I don't trust Hogwarts with is our luggage. I didn't focus on it much last year because of my sorting but as I stepped into my dorm I noticed that all of our luggage was already here already. As I was getting in bed, Hermione spoke to me.

"so, you and Neville are still together?"

"yeah"

"cool.... uhm, so what do you think of the Triwizard tournament?"

"Oh, I can't wait honestly. It seems like it will be fun toy watch. Shame about the age thing though"

"Yes, I assume Fred and George aren't very happy about that?"

"Not one bit"

"Yes, they are quite the troublemakers. Did you know, in first year, they enchanted snowballs to hit the dark lord in the face"

"what!?"

"oh, right. Uhm, we had a professor, our first dark arts professor actually, and he had the dark lord on the back of his head. The whole year he had hid it under his turban. It's a long story...."

"wow. Was he stopped though?"

"Yes and no. The professor didn't survive where as the dark lord did."

"oh, well I'm getting tired now so, night"

"goodnight, Naomi"

The next morning, the second of September was sort of boring. I went down to breakfast in the morning and saw a notice on the wall saying there is no quidditch this year, due to the tournament.

"Hey Nev"

I say as I sit next to him.

"Oh, morning, love. I was just talking to Cedric about the Hufflepuff common room"

"cool, umm.... I was thinking of trying out for chaser on Gryffindor team next year"

"wow, really?"

"well, yeah. They aren't doing quidditch this year because of the tournament."

"Are you any good on a broom?"

"well, yeah...... sorta. My dad used to take me out when I was younger to these broom flying practices. I was top of my class. When I was 11. Still. It wouldn't hurt just to try out, right?"

"well, last time I got on a broom, I broke my wrist......... so........"

"Sorry, what?"

"It was in first year-"

Ron cut him off.

R: "It wasn't your fault, mate. Those things happen. Pluss, you were on a crappy school broom."

Ne: "I was humiliated, Ron. Listen Naomi. The point is, I don't want you getting hurt. It's your decision obviously but, I don't want you to injure yourself."

Harry then joined the conversation.

H: "I- I think you should, Naomi. I mean, If you've got the skill then go for it. One of our best players left last year-"

Na: "Oliver Wood?"

H: "That's the one. We need a new keeper to be honest."

R: "I could be keeper?"

Ne: "Ron, you can ride a broom?"

R: "Not well, but yeah"

Just then, the bell went for 1st period so we all went to our lessons.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.4K 21
My name is Blair Bougar and I am in Slyherin house at Hogwarts along with my two friends Dandy and Amelia. I also have a crush on a certain Gryffindo...
4.8K 208 22
Jinx Darlington is a pureblood witch that was sorted into the House of Slytherin her first year at Hogwarts. She only has one friend, Severus Snape...
6.3K 162 21
Yep this is happening! Dramione fan fiction. please don't come for me thanks. I don't feel like writing an actual description so lets just move onto...
60.8K 1.5K 18
(Neville Longbottom Fanfic) Abigail Dright, known as Abby, certainly has a hard life being the only child of the notorious death eater Kint Dright. A...