Green [Chaelisa]

By sapphicrosie

THIRD BOOK IN THE YELLOW SERIES By now, Lisa and Chaeyoung both know to expect the unexpected. But you can ne... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
epilogue

ten

2.1K 89 0
By sapphicrosie

"Don't be so nervous," Chaeyoung laughed, watching as Lisa continued to try and stack the envelopes perfectly in her lap.

It had been about a week since the girls had first told Chaeyoung's parents that they were getting married. Since then, things had begun falling into place. After talking about it, both girls decided they were eager to just get married and get on with their lives.

A small, intimate wedding sounded just right to them. After some discussion with Chaeyoung's parents, Lisa now held a stack of pastel yellow envelopes in her lap, running her fingers over Chaeyoung's cursive handwriting on the front.

The girls had already sent out invitations to a few of Chaeyoung's close family members. Now, all that was left was the handful of envelopes in Lisa's lap, with the names of their closest friends scrawled on top.

They'd yet to tell their friends, simply because they wanted to be able to present them with the invitations in person. So now, both girls sat in the parking lot of their old apartment complex, trying to work up the courage to go inside.

"Right back at you," Lisa mumbled, a shy smile playing on her lips. Both girls were waiting for the other to get out of the car, too nervous to make the first move.

"Why are we so nervous?" Chaeyoung laughed, turning to the younger girl who was fiddling with her cracked yellow nail polish. Lisa looked up and studied the building in front of them.

"I am excited," she nodded softly. "But I am also nervous. Do you think they are going to be surprised?" The younger girl looked over at Chaeyoung curiously.

"I honestly have no clue," Chaeyoung laughed softly, checking the time. "Are you sure that Somi's in there?"

"Jisoo said she was making her come over to make them lunch," Lisa giggled, holding up her phone to show Chaeyoung.

"Might as well get it over with," Chaeyoung laughed softly, squeezing Lisa's hand before sliding out of the car. The younger girl fiddled with the invitations in her hands as they waited for the elevator to reach the top floor.

Lisa followed Chaeyoung down the hallway, exchanging glances with the girl once they reached the apartment and she didn't make a move to knock on the door. Giggling, Lisa reached out, walking straight into the apartment without bothering to knock.

"That's one way to do it," Chaeyoung mumbled under her breath, causing Lisa to giggle. They exchanged glances when the living room was empty. Lisa smirked, hearing voices coming from the kitchen.

Before Chaeyoung could stop her, the younger girl was tiptoeing quickly around the corner. Chaeyoung caught up to her just in time to witness Lisa jumping onto Jisoo's back and throwing her arms over the girl's shoulders.

"Holy shit!" Jisoo gasped, turning around and trying to shake the intruder off of her. When she heard Lisa giggle and saw Chaeyoung standing across the room, she let out a relieved sigh and brought her hand to her heart.

"Oh my god, don't ever do that again," Jisoo unlocked Lisa's arms from around her neck as the younger girl hopped back down to the ground. "Wait, what the hell are you guys doing here?"

Lisa's eyes immediately widened and she quickly took her spot back beside Chaeyoung. The blonde girl elbowed her, giving her a look that feigned playful annoyance. "Uh, where's Jennie and Somi?" Chaeyoung bit her lip.

"They're out on the balcony. What's up?" Jisoo placed a hand on her hip, noticing the girl's nervousness.

"Can you go get them?" Chaeyoung ran a hand through her hair. Lisa glanced up at her, struggling to hold back an excited smile.

"We have a surprise," the younger girl added. Jisoo raised an eyebrow at the couple, but made her way around the back of the apartment to get the other two girls.

Pretty soon, all five best friends sat in the living room. Jennie, Somi, and Jisoo were all squished onto the couch, while Chaeyoung sat in the small chair with Lisa perched precariously on the arm rest.

"You're not like... dying, right?" Somi asked, genuine concern spreading across her face. Lisa couldn't help but giggle, shaking her head and looking over at Chaeyoung once more. She had the envelopes tucked in the large pocket of her hoodie, waiting for the right moment to reveal them to her former roommates.

"Nope. We're perfectly healthy," Chaeyoung laughed. Jisoo cocked her head to the side, while Jennie just stared at them in confusion.

Lisa took this as the perfect opportunity, looking at Chaeyoung for approval before hopping to her feet and padding over to the couch. She pulled the envelopes out, quickly handing the correct one to each girl. Biting her lip nervously, the younger girl hurried back over to Chaeyoung's side.

"What is this? The stone age?" Jisoo laughed, holding up the envelope. "Why didn't you just text us?"

"Who even sends letters anym-?" Jennie began, but was cut off when Somi squealed and startled the other girls. The youngest girl hopped up from the couch, crossing the room in record time and practically tackling the girls into a hug.

"The fuck?" Jisoo and Jennie both exchanged confused glances before racing to get their envelopes open. Moments later, Jennie's jaw practically dropped to the ground and Jisoo gasped, bringing the card up closer to her face to make sure she'd read it correctly.

"Falling!" Lisa squealed, suddenly losing her balance on the arm of the couch and stumbling backwards. Luckily, she caught herself before she fell to the ground, but by the time Jennie and Jisoo caught up to her and wrapped her in a hug, she tripped over her own two feet and ended up sending all three of them down to the ground.

Lisa burst into laughter, allowing Jisoo to help her back up to her feet. She glanced over at Chaeyoung, who was still being held in a tight hug by Somi. When the girl pulled away, Jennie and Jisoo immediately wrapped Chaeyoung in a hug while Somi held her arms out for Lisa.

After the five girls finally pulled away, Chaeyoung and Lisa stole a quick glance at one another. Lisa giggled giddily, looking shyly down at the ground.

"I can't believe it's been almost four years," Jennie laughed, shaking her head. "I never would have seen this coming if you told me four years ago, that's for sure." Lisa blushed, scooting closer to Chaeyoung and leaning against her girlfriend.

"What's going on with the wedding?" Jennie asked, picking up the invitation and studying it once more.

"It's in Busan. We're just doing a small little ceremony in my parent's backyard. Nothing too fancy," Chaeyoung shrugged, pulling Lisa into her side.

"We'll be there," Jisoo nodded, pulling Chaeyoung into another hug. "Look at us, growing up and shit," she laughed and crinkled her nose. "Pretty soon you'll be popping out babies."

Lisa's eyes widened, remembering her conversation with Maia and Toby. She decided on keeping her mouth shut, though, knowing the reaction she had earned from her other friends.

"Let's just focus on one thing at a time," Chaeyoung laughed, squeezing Lisa's arm when she noticed the younger girl stiffen. "Now all we have to do is find you two dates and then we can all get married and wreck havoc in suburban Seoul," she teased, winking at Jennie and Jisoo.

The five girls ended up going out to lunch together, which turned into Jennie, Jisoo, and Somi all gushing about how romantic their wedding was going to be. Both girls couldn't seem to keep the smiles off of their faces.

Now, both girls were in the car once more, headed back home. Well, at least to their home town. They had two more envelopes to deliver, which Lisa had resting neatly in her lap.

"Why were we nervous for that?" Lisa laughed softly, drumming her fingers on her lap and looking over at her girlfriend. Chaeyoung shrugged, crinkling her nose at the younger girl.

"Now telling Maia and Toby should be easy, yeah?" Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow. Lisa considered this for a moment, looking down at the cards in her lap before shaking her head.

"No. I am still nervous," she confessed, making Chaeyoung laugh softly. At the same time, they both reached for each others hands. Both girls exchanged glances, causing Lisa to giggle shyly when Chaeyoung laced their fingers together.

Soon enough, both girls were parked in front of Maia and Toby's house. Lisa suddenly gained an idea, quickly handing the cards to Chaeyoung.

"We have to get them back," Lisa giggled, clapping her hands together. When Maia and Toby had gotten pregnant with Lucas, they had pulled a prank on the other couple to inform them of their engagement.

Lisa and Chaeyoung had been sitting in art class when Toby came in, feigning anger. He had given them a long, made up story about how Maia had found out she was pregnant and practically fled the state. Both girls had been in shock, and Lisa was nearly in tears until Maia jumped out behind them, causing Lisa to actually start crying tears of relief.

Since then, the couple had always joked about getting revenge on them. And now was the perfect time. Chaeyoung watched in confusion as Lisa grabbed a water bottle and poured a few drops onto her palm, before dotting small tear sized amounts around her eyes. The younger girl then proceeded to rub her eyes a few times to make it appear as she had been crying.

"Someone's been planning this," Chaeyoung laughed softly when Lisa studied her reflection in the window and jutted out her bottom lip slightly.

"Come on," Lisa whispered, hopping out of the car and motioning for Chaeyoung to follow her. "You stay here," she grabbed Chaeyoung's hand, making her duck down next to the door so she couldn't be seen.

"What are y-?" Chaeyoung quickly clamped her jaw shut when Lisa pressed a finger up to her lips. The younger girl took a deep breath before knocking softly on the door.

Lisa quickly hung her head down when she heard footsteps approaching the door. A few seconds later, the door was pulled open slightly. Maia peered out, opening the door more when she saw Lisa.

"Lisa?" Maia asked softly, noticing the girl's composure. "Is something wrong?" She pushed the door wide open, balancing Lucas on her hip.

"R-Rosie left," Lisa whispered, trying to hide the smile that was threatening to play at her lips. Chaeyoung watched from her hiding spot, feeling her heart ache at how genuinely sad Lisa sounded.

"She what?" Maia tried to hide her shock, not wanting to startle Lisa any more. The younger girl nodded, squeezing her eyes shut.

"We broke up," Lisa mumbled, shaking her head and looking down. "She... she left this," she added, reaching into the pocket of her hoodie and willing herself not to ruin it. The younger girl slowly handed the envelope to Maia, which she had already ripped open before to make it more believable.

"Oh my god..." Maia whispered. She quickly handed Lucas off to Toby, who had appeared behind her. Lisa bit her lip, watching as the other girl slipped the card out of the envelope.

"What the...?" Maia narrowed her eyes, leaning in to study the words closer. "Oh my god!" she gasped, the card falling out of her hands. It was only then that Lisa broke character, bursting into laughter and clapping her hands together.

"You're getting married?!" Maia asked in disbelief. Lisa nodded furiously, a wide smile on her face. "Where's Chaeyoung?"

Moments later, the blonde girl slipped out from her hiding spot with a playful smirk on her face. Lisa high fived her, leaning into her side and smiling proudly. "Got you," the younger girl teased, crinkling her nose.

"You're really getting married?" Maia asked in disbelief. Toby jogged back into the room after putting Lucas in his swing, just as shocked as Maia was.

"In Busan," Chaeyoung nodded softly. "We don't expect you guys to be there because of the baby and work and stuff, but we just figured we'd let you know in person," she laughed when Toby gave them a playful glare.

"Okay, we kind of deserved that," Toby admitted, rolling his eyes. Maia pulled them both into a hug.

When the hug pulled away, Lisa sniffed, bringing her hands up to wipe her eyes. Chaeyoung grew confused when she saw the tears on her girlfriend's face.

"Wait, Lili, are you actually crying?" Chaeyoung asked, concern laced in her voice. Lisa bit her lip, nodding softly.

"I do not like thinking about you leaving," she admitted, looking up at her girlfriend. "Even if it is fake."

"I don't think you're gonna have to worry about that," Chaeyoung pulled the girl into her side and kissed her cheek. "We're getting married. You can't get rid of me that easy, goofball." She couldn't help the red blush of her cheeks when she felt Lisa giggle softly beside her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 1.2K 19
Sequel of Unexpected. READ UNEXPECTED BEFORE READING THIS ONE! The continue life of the seperated ones. They go back to their.....​ lives....​
103K 5.6K 52
Park Chaeyoung has an ordinary genius life in the Ultara Academy, but then something about her begins to change. A presence of a beautiful, yet myste...
199K 7.4K 97
Never had the interest in getting married or involving in any kinds of special relationship. Everything feels chaotic when they are told to get marri...
10.4K 469 14
Rose x female reader "I want to kiss it all better." "Well, you shouldn't have hurt me to begin with."