Conflicted (Buddie) ENGLISH V...

Kit-chenSink tarafından

After a long battle against justice, Evan Buckley, mostly known as Buck is finally back at house 118. Injured... Daha Fazla

Back on the field
Wanna get some wine?
Baby-sitting
9-1-1 What's your emergency?
Eddie Begins
Gossip Girls
Stranger
Ice Trap
Special Mission
Two best friends in a room...
Bad Day at Los Angeles
Friendly Friends
Thoughts
Two Weeks Later...
Buck Indeed
Nightmares
Sleeping beauty
Revelations
There's someone inside
Chains
Tracks
Manhunt
Answers
Buddie
Last day on Earth
Don't Breathe
Rebirth - Epilogue

Worldwide Pandemic

2.6K 48 5
Kit-chenSink tarafından

-Until new information for the States of America, we ask people to avoid masses concentrations, meetings, family dinners,  to go out. Cinemas, theaters, museums, concert places, bars, and restaurants will be closed tomorrow night for an undetermined time. Take care of yourselves, be aware of protecting the others by standing three feet from each other. Wear a mask, wash your hands, cough in your elbow. We're fighting against a worldwide pandemic killing people all around the world, and to get out of that, we need to be united as one.

-What the hell is that? The happy new year of shit is coming in.

-Language, Bobby, told off behind him.

Evan tilted over the couch to see his captain, standing next to Chimney while Hen and Eddies were sat on the red sofa. More precisely, they jumped on it. The breaking news surprised them all during lunch, and they spent the entire morning getting worried about the daily news.

Two weeks earlier, every tv channel and social media abroad showed stats about a virus from Asia. It overran Europe before knocking at America's frontier. It's the end of April, and all around the world, more than a million people were getting sick. Two thousand already died.

-Alright, Bobby called. I need someone to find me all the hydroalcoholic lotions we have in stock. Eddie, could you please find us some masks out there? They won't last forever, but it's just to give the mayor some time to give us good ones. I want all of you to wear gloves during missions. If one of you feels dizzy or sick, I want to know it right away. You'll be passing a PCR every two days to be sure you're doing fine. Finally, I know this will not be funny, but Barbecues at my house won't happen until this is not over. Now, I want everyone to be cautious.

They all approved. Eddie stayed on the couch, sit cross-legged, chewing his thumb's skin.

-What's going on? You're still angry? Buck joked when looking at him.

-My son. Schools. What are they gonna do? If they close up, who's gonna take care of Christopher? If they don't close up, how do I know he's safe? How do I do?

-Eddie, Bobby, reassured him, we'll work on it. I'll do what I can to be sure he's safe and not alone, don't worry. If you need to take some days off, tell me.

-What? No. I just came back, and I won't leave already. I'm just worried about my son.

Buck pet his shoulder to give him some support and left the room. He walked to the stock unit where those hydroalcoholic lotions were supposed to be.

-Cap, do you think we're going to have a crazy day?

-I think that's going to be one of the worse of the year. People are already running in stores to buy everything they need. The police station will be overwhelmed. Be sure to have everything you need in the ambo. It's possible we don't have the time to restock.

Hen and Chimney nodded and ran to the back of their vehicle.

-Eddie, I need you to be at hundred per cents today. Don't think about your son; he's at school, everything's gonna be alright for him, okay?

The firefighter nodded and hurried himself to get back to work. He switched off the TV, which could rapidly become toxic if all the news were that bad.

They didn't start the afternoon, yet they had to take their gear and jump in the vehicles. They had a call about a car accident downtown.

On the scene, it was chaos. Drivers were angry and honking. Some of them abandoned their cars and were making round trips between stores and their trunk. Some others were yelling. A police car has already arrived, and Bobby recognized his wife, who was already wearing an LAPD mask.

-People are crazy! She exclaimed when joining the team. They heard about a pandemic. We ask them to stay away from people. They got the brilliant idea to mass together in stores that couldn't even give enough place to an elephant.

-People are scared, and they want to get back home asap.

-Do you know what they buy? Toilet paper and pasta. Are they scared of having to poop all day?

Bobby sneered before laying his hand over her shoulder. Then, he looked forward to the accident.

A driver, probably in a hurry and angry about the traffic jam, tried to turn aside the left on the other way while a motorcyclist was passing by. That same guy avoided that car but couldn't brake enough and smashed against one of the cars that weren't moving. There weren't bad injuries except for a broken arm. Still, the motorcycle and the debris were getting dangerous for the other drivers. They couldn't get the firetruck to the scene, they had to left it on the pavement, and the ambo was still stuck on the beltway.

-Buck, calm down those people; they have to roll back a bit. Eddie, can you look after the motor's driver and be sure nothing bad happened to him?

They both went on their duty.

They arrived on the scene at 1 pm, and they could only leave at 4 pm. For an easy call, they took too much time. People were helping, already excited to take the road. They were almost trying to drive on the firefighters that were cleaning the road.

On their way back, Buck leaned over the seat.

-Hey Bobby, is that possible to make a stop? I'd like to pick up someone before heading back to the firehouse.

-Someone? Who? Eddie inquired about, curiously.

-No problems Buck, the captain answered, knowing exactly what he had in mind.

-You'll see Diaz. A good man once told me that I had to learn to be patient. Be patient, Eddie.

Eddie made a face, and the captain sneered. They turned in a neighborhood and passed through it before driving in the fourth North district. They stopped by traffic lights a few times, and the truck parked by the roadside. Eddie tilted his head through the window and smiled.

-Are you serious? He asked, hopping up and down with impatience.

Buck nodded.

-Go get your son Eddie, he advised while the firefighter was already running to the school.

Evan pulled his phone from his pocket and crossed his legs on the opposite seat.

-What are you doing? Chimney asked when leaning over his shoulder.

-Downloaded a meeting app yesterday. I'm back hunting!

-Hunting what? He sneered. A sweet lady in a Hazmat suit?

-Contrary to both of you, fake friends, he pointed at his two colleagues also laughing. Not everyone's living the perfect love. And because we cannot hang out in clubs with some strangers, my phone is my ultimate chance.

Chimney drew closer to his shoulder, grasped his friend's phone, and waved it in the air.

-Hey! Give that back!

-Evan Buckley, twenty-seven years old, firefighter and rescue, used to be a barman in Argentina. Looking for a nice girl who's not afraid of danger.

-Nice girl? Hen said again. My god Buck you're such naive.

-Stop! Give me my phone back, you small piece of...

-Chim called the captain from the driving cab, give him that phone back, he's going to make a scene.

The fireman raised his eyebrow, disappointed, and gave it back, frustrated. Evan took it right back and squeezed it tight in his hands, closing it to the chest to protect it.

-I don't care about being naive or not, for now, I met that beautiful Veronica the next night, he bragged, waving his screen in front of their eyes.

They rolled their eyes, and he smiled, happy. When the truck's door opened, he locked his phone and slipped it into his pocket.

-Christopher! Come over here, buddy! The fireman exclaimed, extending a hand to the little boy and grabbing him next to him.

Eddie was right behind him and closed the door in his back. He was smiling.

-So? Asked Buck. How was school?

-Borrrinnnngg! Christopher laughed and stole his helmet and putting on his own head. It wasn't funny, he added.

All the firefighters laughed, and the truck headed back to the firehouse.

-What did I miss? Eddie asked when buckling his seatbelt again.

-Buck's chatting with strangers on a dating app! Chimney admitted. He's got a meeting tomorrow night.

Eddie frowned when looking at his best friend.

-That's true? You're getting back at it?

Buck scratched the back of his head, and if he had the chance, he would have probably slapped his colleague for snitching on.

-Yeah...Well, that's just to pass the time.

Eddie arched but didn't say a word. He just glanced at his son, who seemed to be the happiest boy in the world at this moment. He looked at the blond once again, but he seemed lost in the looking of the landscapes. He was pretty quiet, which was unusual and a bit disturbing, but it didn't really matter right now.

-Tell me, Christopher, what would you like to eat for diner?

The kid lifted his head and clapped.

-Tacos! He shouted.

Eddie approved, proud of his son and his fine interest in Mexican food. He would never admit it, but he loved cheat meal and even more when Bobby was doing it.

-Let's go for tacos! He confirmed.

The entire truck nodded and was already excited about the diner though they just arrived at the firehouse.

When the truck was shut down, they all jumped from it and were already getting ready for the next call. Evan disappeared into the locker room. Eddie and Christopher went up to the restroom, and Hen sat at the ambulance's back, the check-up list in the hands. Bobby escaped quickly in the kitchen, and Chimney started a facetime.

-You're looking so great! He proclaimed at the face that appeared on his screen.

Maddie smiled.

-And it seems like you've just headed back from a call, were you on the one on Bridgeport?

-Yeah...How do you know?

-I'm the one who received it, she announced.

-Oh, I see, having a long day today? Los Angeles people are running in town to buy some stuff. Even your brother is going crazy. He whispered when looking around to be sure he wasn't on surveillance.

-Yeah, the news panicked everyone, we'll have to plan some things here...What do you mean my brother is going crazy? What's happening? She started to worry.

-Nothing, nothing, sorry I scared you, my fault. It's just that...He downloaded that dating app, and he already has one tomorrow...How does he? I could never get one that fast...

Maddie looked at him, looking a lot like saying, "what the hell? I'm right here".

-Sorry, he apologized again.

-You know why he downloaded it? Did he tell you?

-You know, he bragged about it earlier. He even showed us his new "catch," as he said it.

-Was Eddie there when it happened?

Maddie got closer to the screen and tried to see through the phone, curious. Was she really thinking she could see?

-No, in fact, he admitted, he stopped talking about it at the moment Eddie came back. Why?

Maddie sat back on her chair and nodded, her lips turning into a suspicious fixed grin.

-Alright, thanks for telling me, Chim. I'll talk with him later.

-Yes. What? Why? Did I say something wrong? Did he do something wrong? I don't want to be the snitch guy again.

Maddie sneered and shook her head.

-Don't worry, Chim, my brother's doing alright. Did he say when he planned to meet that girl?

-Tomorrow night. Is that really important? I mean, you're not planning on ruining his date and stick your nose in the dinner? That's our cinema night.

-Of course no! She laughed. I just need a good reason to ask him to come to ours instead!

She winked and grabbed her phone before blowing a kiss and hanging up.

-Wait, Maddie! Maddie!

-Why the hell are you screaming like that?

Chimney turned over and hidden his phone in his back, looking guilty.

-What? Nothing. Why? What are you doing here anyway? Aren't you supposed to work on something, Buck?

-Who's the lazy ass right now, Chim? He pointed out, showing his arms full of cardboard boxes.

The Asian shrugged and pulled a face when the firefighter turned his back.

-I warn you, Madds, if you're planning on asking your brother and his girlfriend to come over for our tv night, I repaint the living room with green, he whispered to himself.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

17K 344 23
Buck is a firefighter for about a year now and when a new firefighter Tyler Kennedy Strand mostly go by TK arrived at the 118. Will they be friends...
545K 14.3K 40
[Book One] Agatha Miller Nash thought she was finally starting to have the perfect life she always dreamed of while growing up. She had a job that m...
11K 182 20
Evan Buckley moves to LA and becomes a firefighter for LAFD, station 118. While at work, he meets new coworker Eddie Diaz and is immediately attracte...
55.6K 1.9K 29
In which, Josephine attempts to overcome the losses amid saving lives in the city. [911 SEASON 3-4]