By Grace[BWWM]

Von JasmynTailor

Blossom and Bloom Graceful and Tender - She couldn't believe her ears, or her eyes. Her husband, the man she... Mehr

Cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three

Bonus Chapter

13.9K 440 72
Von JasmynTailor

"So you're doing this for real? I mean I expected it, but it's just a nice surprise." Vanessa loved weddings and engagements.

Reid looked at Vanessa and kissed her head. Sometimes Vanessa missed the signs that were right in her face. It was all part of what made her Vanessa. "You have my support. I like that woman for you, she isn't a leech." Or an 'Instagram Model' he still had no clue what that was.

Cabbrieli beamed and rested his head on the table. "Ooh, that's cold." He muttered. "Yeah, I like her too. She's so much like you, Vanessa." He said dreamily.

Reid scoffed and tightened his grip on Vanessa's waist. "You talk so much about how wonderful my wife is. Hush."

Vanessa laughed and rolled her eyes at Reid's silliness. "Don't listen to Reid. I understand what you mean. She's a really sweet woman,"

"Yeah, that's it. She's genuine and beautiful. And she meshes well with the family, I like that the most." Cabbrieli lifted his head and reached for the ring. "You think she'll like it?" He asked unsurely.

Vanessa looked at the ring and rubbed Cabbrieli's hand. "I know she will. You picked a nice ring, and even if you didn't, Davina loves you." Cabbrieli just needed a little reassurance, everyone did sometimes.

Cabbrieli looked at her and smiled. "Thanks, Vanessa. I guess I'll head to her house and get ready to propose. Woah," He grinned creepily. "I'm going to propose to the woman I love. Wow, I never thought I'd be saying that." He stood up and kissed Vanessa's cheek. "You're always a great listener." He looked at Reid and pursed his lips. "And you're the best dad ever."

Reid stood and walked Cabbrieli to the door.

"You're doing a brave thing, my son. I'm proud of you," Reid hugged Cabbrieli and let him go. "And the best part is that you won't be all over my wife." He smacked Cabbrieli's butt and pushed him out of the door.

Cabbrieli narrowed his eyes and shrugged. "Vanessa will always be my first love," He teased Reid, who slammed the door in his face.

"No one talks about my wife."

-

Cabbrieli knocked on Davina's door and closed his eyes. He was mortified. He knew that she loved him, but what if she said no?

He knew what to do if she said no. He was leaving the country and never coming back. It was an overly-dramatic plan, but he didn't care.

"Um, why are your eyes closed?" Davina asked concerned.

Cabbrieli cringed and opened his eyes. "I-wow. You look beautiful,"

Davina laughed and stepped out of the house. "You're acting weirder than normal." She noted and took his hand. "Let's go, weirdo."

Cabbrieli snapped out of his daze and walked her to his car. "Sorry, I was in my head. Also, how can you expect me to be normal when you look so fine?" He asked and opened the passenger door.

Davina blushed and got in the car. "Now that you put it that way, it makes sense." She sat back in her seat and looked out the window.

Cabbrieli started the car and thanked God for peace of mind. He was nervous, but if he never asked, he would never know for sure. He just had to wait for the perfect timing.

"So, where are we going? You were pretty cryptic when you called." Davina asked. "I mean, from the way you were acting on the phone and even now, I would think that you were proposing to me tonight," She joked.

Cabbrieli's heart dropped and he took a deep breath. "Actually, that's what I'm doing." He was just going to bite the bullet.

Davina started laughing and she looked him in the eyes with a bewildered look on her gorgeous face. "You're not joking?" She asked lowly and he shook his head.

"I know that I'm not the kind of man that women dream of marrying, but I love you. You're the only woman that I can see myself growing old with, and fighting over petty things. I know that I'm more in touch with my emotions than regular men, but I promise that I'll treat you right. I'm not trying to guilt you, I just love you." He was laying it all at her feet. After hearing her laugh he wasn't confident at all, but he was still going to try.

"Pull over," Davina demanded softly.

Cabbrieli cleared his throat to pull himself together and pulled over on the side of the road.

"Now look at me." She said.

He didn't like this game. He wanted an answer, yes or no. This was torture.

He looked at her and waited for her answer.

"Cabbrieli, I don't understand why you would say that. We've been together for two years now, I thought that it would be proof enough that I don't care if you're a little different. I like all your little quirks, that's what makes you Cabbrieli. You're unique and the kindest man I've ever met. If that's not the kind of man that women dream of marrying, then I guess that I'm different too. I love you and would love to be Mrs. Cabbrieli!" Davina kissed his cheek and smiled happily. "So, this is when you give me the ring."

Cabbrieli could've cried. He would've, but he didn't want to look like a softy. Like a pillow. He opened the console and pulled the ring box out. "Will you marry me, Davina?" He opened the box and Davina nodded.

"Duh, Cab. I love you!" She answered and extended her left ring finger.

Cabbrieli slid the ring onto her finger and kissed her. He was marrying the woman of his dreams, the woman that exceeded his dreams. He was blessed for sure.

"Do you still want to go out?" He asked unsurely. He wasn't sure if women liked showing off to their families right after getting engaged. Maybe she wanted to post on her Instagram.

Davina looked at him with an 'are you crazy?' look. "Boy, I didn't eat dinner. And I'd love to twinkle my fingers in the waiter or waitress's face. I'm so going to be that woman," She put her left hand in his face and pursed her lips.

Cabbrieli furrowed his brows and kissed her hand. He didn't understand her most of the time, but that was the best thing. He loved how spontaneous and bold she was. She was like a lioness or something like that. He loved her.

"Uh, okay. You're weird," He muttered and got back on the road.

Davina scoffed and placed her hand on his cheek. "And what? Says the one who likes me enough to marry me. Please go sit down," She sassed him and laughed.

Cabbrieli grimaced but on the inside, he was jumping for joy. Davina was a character and he was going to marry her. He loved how sassy she was, it was so cute. She was unapologetically Davina.

"I'm already sitting down. I can't believe I'm marrying a genius,"

Davina shoved him playfully. "Whatever. Your name sounds like some kind of fancy pasta. Reid really sat up here and named you that." She huffed. "I'm Cabbrieli and I bake delicious treats, and I'm marrying the most beautiful woman in the world." She mocked in his voice, adding an Italian accent.

"I love you," Cabbrieli said plainly.

He loved her.

-

Authors Note

How was that for y'all?

How about how beautiful Davina is?!

I feel like this ended leaving you wanting more of our lovely couple. I know I did.

We got to see Davina's personality and she's freaking awesome! I love her sass and that she's a sweetie. I also love the jabs at cabbrieli, I think that if you can't playfully make fun of your man, y'all aren't ready to be married!🤪

Of course, you shouldn't listen to me, I've never been in a relationship. Please don't take that kind of advice from me, I used to be a love guru. I gave good advice, but that up there wasn't serious. If you need any advice, try me out. ☺️

Anywho, we got to see Reid and Vanessa! I had to add them. I love them!

Well, this is probably the last update ever.

Bye, y'all!

Oh, Loving Eleanor is coming out on Sunday!

Had to put that in bold to catch your attention. It's a different story, but I have a note explaining that.

I loved writing this little chapter!

Let me know what you thought!

Ciao!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

9.9K 576 39
I leaned back against the wall "It's been so long hasn't it?" "Yes, it has... I think the last time I saw you was high school graduation." "Exactly...
265K 5.5K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...
513K 18.1K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
139K 6K 35
"Dance with me." While I knew it wasn't a demand, it wasn't a question either. I hesitated and he noticed. "Come on Grace, give this gentleman the...