𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐒�...

By TVDstoriesss1864

❝it's always been you❞ *COMPLETE* *BOOK ONE OF THE SALVATORE SISTER SERIES* THE VAMPIRE DIARIES - SEASON TWO... More

•CASTING & INTRODUCTION•
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
FOREVER WITH YOU - SECOND BOOK

Chapter 31

12.8K 282 276
By TVDstoriesss1864

Homecoming

LOLA POV:

I check my phone when I wake up, it's only 5:30 in the morning. I turn around in bed to see Klaus still fast asleep, I smile to myself looking at how peaceful he looks when asleep. I leave a light peck on the corner of his mouth and get out of bed. We're leaving L.A. today so I just want to enjoy the sunrise one last time.

I get changed into a black bathing suit, shove on some denim shorts and tie my hair up with a hair scarf and quietly leave the room not wanting to disturb Klaus. The beach is only across the street from the hotel and the beach is as quiet as it can get. I smile as I take in the scenery around me, enjoying the last of what L.A. has to offer for the time being.

I'll miss waking up here every day, but nothing can beat waking up besides Klaus, I don't care where I am as long as I'm with him. I play with the chain that is round my neck which has Klaus' daylight ring attached to it. That was such a huge thing for him to do and I'll forever be grateful that he loves me enough to give me a part of his life to hold on to.

I hum to myself as I smile when I feel arms wrapping around my waist from behind and a trail is kisses are left on my neck. I turn slightly and greet Klaus with a kiss who has sat behind me, "Good morning."

Klaus kisses my cheek as he pulls my body closer to his, "Good morning, my love."

We both sit in comfortable silence as we gaze on the sunrise. I lean back slightly so my back rests against his chest as I wrap one arm around his neck and play with the short curls on the back of Klaus' head, "What are you thinking about?"

"I'm thinking...about how much...I want to carry you back to that hotel room..." Klaus mumbles as he leaves kisses all over my neck and shoulder making me laugh.

I move my hand to his check and trace circles around his jawline, "I'm serious."

Klaus raises a brow and smirks, "So was I." I roll my eyes as I laugh, removing my hand from his cheek and holding onto his arms that are wrapped around my body. Klaus rests his chin on my shoulder, "What are you thinking about?"

I sigh as I look down at my lap and starting playing with my nails, "Do you think we're gonna make it?"

Klaus hesitates for a moment before responding, "Of course I do, don't you?"

"I think we will, I want us to." I start, my mouth opens and closes trying to find the words to explain how I'm feeling, "I just...It's not like everyone else is particularly thrilled with the idea of us, are they?"

"Nonsense, my family is your family and they all adore you."

"But what about mine?" I question, Klaus turns silent, "It's not like you're on either of my brother's Christmas card lists, are you?" Klaus chuckles slightly, "Not like I particularly care about Damon's opinion right now."

"If you're worried that Damon will kill me, you needn't worry, love." Klaus places his hand on my cheek to make me face him as he has a devilish grin on his face, "I can't be killed."

I roll my eyes at him, "I would say I forgot how cocky you can be, but I would be lying." I break away from his hold and come to my feet, "We should get going if we wanna get to Portland."

Klaus stands to his feet also and intertwines his hand with mine as we walk back across to the hotel and get ready to head to Portland.

Before we make our way to Portland, I want to say goodbye to Adrianna first so I meet up with her at a restaurant for breakfast.

"You're leaving already?" Adrianna says in a sad tone and a pet lip on which makes me laugh.

"I'm sure I'll be back at some point, Ade. No doubt we'll be meeting up again soon."

Adrianna sighs, "Yeah I know, it was just nice of being the two of us back in L.A. again. I should probably get back to Canada anyway and see how little miss tantrum is doing."

"You need me to talk to her again? How she doing?" I ask. A few years ago when I was in Chicago, I found a young girl on the streets. She went on to tell me how her foster family kicked her out and Adrianna being the angel is she, took her in with my help.

Adrianna rolls her eyes, "Yeah she's good. She's found a pack to hang around with so she does seem a lot better now she's around people like her. Nate however, being the protective uncle he likes to call himself keeps following her to make sure she's okay."

Aw Nate. Adrianna's boyfriend. She met him about 20 years ago now, she was in New York at the time when she overheard a bar fight going on. Nate was in pretty bad shape after it but Adrianna healed him and the rest is history she likes to say. Turned him a few years after that and have been inseparable ever since. She always told me it was his eyes that caught her attention at first, 'those damn blue eyes' she always said. Which I can totally relate to, having my own pair of blue eyes I can't seem to shake off.

"How is Nate? Has he proposed yet?"

Ade shoots me a glare, "No, he hasn't. Thanks for bringing that up, you would be the first person to know if he had don't worry."

I laugh as I grab my bag and stand up from my seat, "Good. Okay I gotta go." Adrianna stands up too and we both pull each other in a hug, "Don't be a stranger okay, Ade? Keep in touch."

Adrianna laughs, "Oh I will, given what's going on in your life right now, I'll most definitely be keeping in touch to hear all the gossip. You're like my very own reality show."

--------------------------------------------

It's been about 8 hours since we've been in Portland. Some of Klaus' hybrids were already here and wrangled up a werewolf pack before we arrived. Most of them have gone through their transition and there was just a handful still needing to wake up.

I'm sitting on the hood of our car watching as Klaus help his new hybrids readjust to what they have became. There's something just so sexy about him being in charge of people and also just seeing how happy he is that his plan he has longed for for so long finally happening.

I get snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Klaus' phone go off, he looks down at his phone and then glances up to me before answering. I already know who it's going to be.

"Portland is fantastic, once you get over the whiney music and healthy looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves." Klaus says answering the call as he walks towards the car I'm sat on.

"Your father's dead." Stefan's voice says from the other end of the call.

My heart stops in my chest as Klaus and I both look at each other with the same shocked expression,
"What did you say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

"It was self defence. Mikael found Elena, he wanted to use her as bait towards you. Damon and I vervained him which is when we found he had one of those lovely little daggers you love so much."

"Get to the point." Klaus snaps over the phone.

"He was going to use the dagger on Rebekah but Elena used it on him."

"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body, for myself."

"Well he's here. Come by whenever."

"If you're lying to me, Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So answer with your life. Is what you're saying the truth?"

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes."

"I want to talk to Rebekah."

"That's not a problem. She's right here."

Muffling can be heard in the background, Rebekah then begins to speak, "Hello, Nik."

"Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?"

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good."

Klaus and I both breathe a sigh of relief hearing those words from Rebekah. Klaus takes hold of my hand with his free one and squeezes it as reassurance.

"I miss you. I'm miserable here. Is Lola with you by any chance? I haven't heard from her since she left."

Klaus looks up at me but I shake my head and put my finger against my lips, signalling to say I'm not here.

"No she isn't here, I don't know where she is. But, I'll be home soon."

"Good. I'll see you then, brother."

Klaus then hangs up the phone as I slide off the car and pull him in for a hug, "Do you think that's the truth?"

Klaus pulls away, his eyes glossy, filling with tears as he stares deeply into mine, trying to find the right words. Klaus blinks away the unshed tears and smiles down at me as he cups my cheeks, "We're finally free."

I smile back at him and jump into his arms and wrap my legs around his waist as he grabs hold of my thighs. Crashing our lips onto each other, both feeling each others' smiles against one another. The feeling as though a thousand bricks have left our shoulders.

Klaus puts me down and takes hold of both my hands, "If this is all true, I promise you that I will release Stefan from the compulsion."

"You will?" I say excitedly as I stand on my tip toes, Klaus smiles back and nods in agreement. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer, "I love you."

"I love you too." Klaus mumbles with his hand buried into my neck. We both pull apart and Klaus gestures me to follow him to the car, "Come on, we've got a plane to catch."

KLAUS POV:

We arrive at the airport and board the private plane, making our way back to the one and only Mystic Falls.

Lola falls asleep not long after we all board and take off. I sit on the edge of the couch she is laid across, pulling the blanket up past her shoulders. Taking in all that is her beauty, even asleep she is the most beautiful person I've ever laid my eyes upon.

I look up as the curtains pull open, revealing one of my hybrids, Tony, standing on the other side. I glance down at Lola once more before leaving that side of the plane, closing the curtains behind me.

"What's your plan for when we get there?" Tony asks.

I smile to myself, "We'll throw a party. A celebration that the dark cloud forever looming over me will be gone after a thousand years."

"You really think everything that was said is true?"

I raise a brow towards Tony, "Well that's not like me, is it Tony? Don't worry, I've got a few plans up my sleeve incase it's not all what it seems." All of them are looking at me with questionable looks, "If by any means my life becomes in danger and for any reason any of them kill me...I want you all to do something for me. I want you to kill Damon Salvatore in the event of my death."

Another hybrid, Mindy, looks over to me shocked, "Isn't he your girl's brother?"

"Technically yes. But Damon Salvatore lost the privilege in calling Lola his sister a long time ago. He's hurt her one too many times for my liking and by killing me, he'll be hurting her even more." They all nod in agreement at my words, my face becomes serious, "None of you are to breathe a word of this towards or even near Lola, do you understand?"

"Yes." They all agree in unison.

LOLA POV:

"Love. We're here, sweetheart." Klaus says softly as he nudges me to wake up.

I flutter my eyes open to reveal daylight shining in through the plane windows. I look up to Klaus who is smiling down at me, "We're back in Mystic Falls."

I sit up and stretch, "I slept through the whole flight?"

Klaus hums in agreement, "You must have been really tired."

I lean closer to him and smile, "I wonder why."

Klaus leans forward and smirks as our lips are practically touching. I close my eyes waiting for his lips to press against mine but they don't. I open my eyes and frown to see Klaus smirking at me, "I wouldn't want to make you even more tired than you already were."

I laugh as I put my hands behind his neck and pull him in for a kiss, "Shut up."

-------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few hours since we arrived back in Mystic Falls. I've been helping Klaus out with organising a party at the Lockwood's mansion.

Apparently it's meant to be the school's homecoming dance tonight and I may have accidentally tripped and burst a water pipe at the school causing it to flood, oops, me and my clumsiness.

Klaus has told Tyler to tell everyone he's moved the party to his house for the night, but little do they know it's not really about homecoming tonight, let's call it an extravagant wake for my dear father-in-law.

I have a silk robe wrapped around me in one of the bedrooms at the Lockwood's, glancing between two dress choices for tonight when Klaus walks in.

I turn to face him and smile, "Have you got rid of Carol Lockwood?"

Klaus nods, "I've compelled her to go to church for the night." I frown about to question why church but I shrug it off and turn to face both dress choices as Klaus wraps his arms around me and rests his chin on my shoulder, "Are you wearing one of these tonight?"

I purse my lips, "Yeah." One dress is a black velvet wrap dress with spaghetti straps and the other is a white and nude lace dress, "I feel like I should go with the black with tonight being kind of like a wake."

Klaus walks towards the dresses and picks the white one and turns to face me, "You only wear black to a wake when you are in mourning, love. Tonight we are celebrating so I say go with white."

I kiss him on the cheek and take the dress out of his hands, "White it is." I turn towards the bed and slip out of the robe leaving me in my underwear, I unzip the dress and step into it, I turn my head to face Klaus, "Will you zip me up?"

"Come to think of it, I much prefer you out of that dress." Klaus mumbles as he walks up behind me, mockingly biting my neck.

"Easy, wolfie." I mock as he eventually zips me up, I turn to face him and rest my hands on his chest, "You're like a wolf on heat."

Klaus smirks at me, "Can you blame me?"

I straighten up his tie, "Once tonight is over, I promise that you have permission to rip this dress off of me."

Klaus raises his brows inquisitively, "Is that so?"

"Mhm, if you play your cards right." I say in a teasing tone as I put my heels on and make my way out of the room.

---------------------------------------------------------

We're both standing at the front of a huge crowd, watching a band perform. I look over to Klaus and laugh, "Can't say I've ever been to a wake like this before."

Klaus smirks and kisses me on the cheek, "You haven't seen anything yet, love." Klaus pulls away from me and walks up onto the stage, "Good evening everyone! I wanna thank you for being here with me to celebrate!" Klaus' eyes find someone further into the crowd, "It's been a long time coming!" I turn to see Stefan standing from afar glaring over to Klaus.

Klaus walks off the stage, towards me, he puts his hand behind my back and we walk towards Stefan.

Stefan's eyes are stuck on me as we walk over to him, glaring at me, "Lola."

I cross my arms against my chest as we come to a halt, "Hello brother."

"Wasn't expecting to see you here..." Stefan states bluntly, his glare goes to Klaus, "Especially not with him."

I scoff, "Careful, Stefan. Your humanity is starting to show."

Stefan shrugs as he glances back at me but then turns to face Klaus again, "Quite the Homecoming."

Klaus laughs as we all start walking through the crowd, "I've been planning my father's funeral for a thousand years. Granted, in no version of it were any of these people invited, but you get the idea."

"So, what now?" Stefan asks, "Stop running?"

Klaus smiles, he stops walking and faces Stefan, "Hm- now I reunite my family."

"Your family?" Stefan repeats, "You mean the people you cart around in caskets?"

"None of that matters anymore. Mikael is gone. Bygones will be bygones."

"Really great party." A girl says as she walks past wearing a tiara.

I scoff at the sight of her, "Seems the Homecoming Queen still walks among the living, which leads me to believe Rebekah isn't here...Where is she?"

Stefan shrugs, "I have no idea. I thought she was coming with Matt."

"Oh, be honest now, Stefan." Klaus says, "Where's my sister?"

Stefan takes a step closer to us, "I said I have no idea. Now, would you like me to take you to your father?"

Klaus smirks, "Well, it wouldn't be a party without the guest of honour, would it? Bring him to me."

Stefan nods, "All right. Perhaps there's something in it for me...?" Klaus frowns as Stefan's question, "My freedom from your compulsion?"

Klaus smiles, "Oh, you want your freedom? Well, once he is dead and his weapon destroyed, you'll have your freedom. It'll be my pleasure to give it back."

Stefan smiles, he hesitates for a moment but then walks away, I'm guessing to go and grab Mikael's body.

I smile up at Klaus, "Thank you."

Klaus intertwines his hand with mine, "Let's go get a drink."

When we both grab a drink, we bump into Tyler. All three of us walk over to watch the band perform.

Tyler looks around at the scene in front of him and laughs, "My mom would seriously freak if she saw all these people here."

Klaus shrugs, "Your mother won't be a problem: I compelled her to go to church and pray for your friends."

Tyler laughs, "What are you talking about?"

Klaus turns to face Tyler properly, "I want you to look around." Klaus points behind Tyler towards his friends, "There's Bonnie, there's Elena and Matt and there's your pretty little girlfriend Caroline. Their big dance was wrecked tonight and who came through with the party?"

"You did." I answer for Tyler, I smirk at him, "What a pal."

Klaus frowns, acting dumb, "But who are all these other people here?"

Tyler looks around at the other guests and shrugs, "I have no idea. I've never seen half these people in my life."

"That's because I've invited a few dozen friends of my own." Klaus turns around and looks down at a group of hybrids at the bottom of the stairs, "That's my friend Mindy...picked her up along the way in Kansas. Did you know that there's an entire bloodline of werewolves in the heartland? That's Tony from North Dakota and let's not forget the Seattle contingent."

"Hold on." Tyler interrupts, "Are those people all hybrids?"

Klaus smirks, "And they also love a good party. And they, like you, were sired by me. They wish to serve their master. So if anyone should so much as make a move against me, they may feel obligated to retaliate. Feel free to warn your friends."

Klaus puts his hand on my back and walks away from Tyler. I frown up at him as we walk away, "Care to tell me this plan of yours?"

Klaus smiles, "All in good time, love." His expression turns more serious, "I think it would be best if you stayed inside, just in case. I'll meet you in there."

I hesitate for a second, but he's right. I nod and head into the house.

-----------------------------------------------------

It's been a while since I've been inside, the only company in here are drunk teenagers or hybrids. I need some sort of entertainment and I soon get tired of waiting inside for Klaus so I figure I'll go outside and find him, what's the worst that can happen?

I head outside, looking around for Klaus but I can't see him anywhere. At the corner of my eye I see Elena walking up to me looking all preppy...a little too preppy.

She walks towards me with a big smile on her face, "Lola, hi! I didn't think you'd be back."

I smirk at her then turn to face the band, "Hello, Katherine."

The big fake smile soon drops from her face and sighs, "Am I ever going to make you think I'm Elena, just once?"

"How about you tell me why you're pretending to be Elena?" I ask, tilting my head waiting for her response.

Katherine soon turns into herself again, with her famous smirk, "I have something better, I know something Klaus is hiding from you."

"Which is?"

"I bet you don't know his plan about what he's going to have his hybrid army do if anything happens to him tonight?" Katherine laughs as I frown at her not knowing what she's on about, "I can tell by your face he hasn't told you. How awkward, lover boy already keeping secrets from you?"

I take a step closer to her as I glare at her, "Say what you have to say before I rip out your heart."

Katherine scoffs, "Ironic, that's exactly what Klaus wants his hybrids do to Damon. You remember Damon, right? Your big brother you always looked up to..."

No, he wouldn't do that. I look at Katherine, trying to figure out if she's lying or not. But there's one thing about Katherine Pierce, she has a good poker face. I brush off the disbelief look on my face and scoff, "You're bluffing."

"Why would I bluff about that?" Katherine asks, I don't respond. She steps back slightly and holds her arm out, gesturing me to walk, "But please, go, find Klaus and ask him yourself."

"Fine." I push past Katherine and walk around the house, towards the front. I turn to see if Katherine was following me, but she wasn't. I bump into someone when I turn back around, someone I really did not want to bump in to tonight.

Mikael smirks at me, "Well if it isn't Charlotte Salvatore. I thought we agreed you would stay away from Niklaus?"

I look up at him shocked, "You're suppose to have a dagger in you."

Mikael steps towards me as I step away from him, "It seems you've been played by your own family." An evil grin appears on his face, "The same family who you saved all those years ago...that must hurt."

I turn around to vamp speed away but one of the hybrids grabs me, not allowing me to escape. I look up at him furious, "What do you think you're doing?!"

The hybrid looks at me with a guilty look on his face, "I'm sorry but I have to do as he says."

Mikael walks towards us both as I struggle to get out of the hybrid's hold, "Niklaus may have created his own disgusting species and they do as he says. But what he failed to realise is that they are part vampire, so they also do as I say. You'll have to miss out on that fun though I'm afraid..." Mikael's vamp features appear and then everything goes black.

3RD PERSON POV:

Mikael bites Lola's neck and drains her of her blood, he drops her to the floor passed out. He retrieves a handkerchief from his pocket and wipes his mouth. He also grabs a syringe out of his pocket and hands it to the hybrid, "As we discussed."

The hybrid nods in agreement and picks Lola up from the ground and takes her away. Another hybrid, Mindy, walks over with Katherine who is pretending to be Elena.

"Let me go!" She cries out in panic.

Mikael chuckles to himself watching her struggle, "Excellent." Mikael grabs Katherine from Mindy, "Go and fetch the beast would you?" Mindy nods and goes inside to get Klaus.

Klaus is at a table playing beer pong when Mindy approaches him, "You have a visitor."

Klaus smirks, "Well, tell my visitor I'm on the brink of victory here."

"He said his name is Mikael."

Klaus' smirk drops from his face, he throws the ping pong ball into a cup, "Then we mustn't keep him waiting. Move everyone out back. I'm gonna have a little chat with my dad." Klaus finishes his drink, "Tony, you know what to do. One of you, find Lola and make sure she is safe."

Klaus walks over to the front door, where Mikael is waiting by the doorway, "Hello, Niklaus."

"Hello, Mikael. Why don't you come in?" Klaus smirks, "Oh, that's right. I forgot you can't."

"Or you can come outside if you want."

"Or I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb."

A group of hybrids gather behind Mikael on the lawn.

Mikael shakes his head, "They can't kill me."

Klaus shrugs, "True. But it'll make a hell of a party game." He raises his hand up, "All I have to do is rub these two fingers together and they'll pounce."

Mikael scoffs, "The big bad wolf. You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward. You only forget. They may be sired by you, but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me." Mindy walks up besides Mikael and pushes Katherine to Mikael, "Come out and face me, Niklaus. Or she dies."

Klaus smiles as tears start to form in his eyes, "Go ahead. Kill her."

"No, Klaus." Katherine begs as she continues to pretend to be Elena, "He'll do it."

"If she dies, this lot will be last of your abominations." Mikael says gesturing to the hybrids standing behind him.

"I don't need them." Klaus argues back, "I just need to be rid of you."

"To what end, Niklaus? So you can live forever, with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you any more, boy! What do you have other than those whose loyalty you forced? No one." Mikael snaps, "No one." He repeats in a whisper tone, he turns to his other side to see another hybrid stand besides him, who is holding Lola who is still unconscious, Klaus looks at his love in shock, Mikael laughs, "Just look at this pathetic excuse of a whore you call your soulmate, it wasn't hard to make her leave you on your own once, I'll do it again, this time with a stake through her heart." The hybrid puts Lola on the floor besides Mikael.

"If you touch a single hair on her head, I'll kill you myself." Klaus seethes through gritted teeth as tears fall down his face.

"You can't kill me, even if you had what it takes to kill someone like me, you'd never do it. You're pathetic and weak." Mikael looks over to Katherine still in his hold, "Just like this pitiful cast off. No more doppelgänger, no more disgusting creatures."

Klaus' eyes start tearing even more, "I'm calling your bluff, father. Kill her."

"Come outside and face me, you little coward. And I won't have to."

"My whole life you've underestimated me. If you kill her you lose your leverage. So go ahead. Go on. Kill her. Come on, old man. Kill her." Klaus snaps, he voice raises, "Kill her!!!"

Mikael laughs, "Your impulse, Niklaus. It has and will forever be the one thing that keeps you from truly being great."

Mikael stabs Katherine with a dagger and pulls it out, she gasps out in pain and falls to the floor. Mikael laughs as Klaus looks on shocked. Damon rushes up behind Klaus, twists him around and stabs the White Oak Tree dagger into his stomach. Klaus screams out in pain as Damon pushes him to the floor, Mikael watching on.

Katherine gets up from the floor and smirks at Mikael. He turns around and glares at her, "Katherine..."

Katherine smiles as she turns to face the group of hybrids, "Kaboom." She has two wolfsbane grenades in her hands and throws them at the hybrids.

Damon takes the stake out of Klaus' stomach and is about to drive it through his heart when Stefan knocks him off of Klaus and holds Damon down.

Damon glares up at Stefan, "What are you doing?!"

Klaus looks over to the brothers and then sees the stake on the ground. He picks the stake up and jumps a Mikael, driving the stake through his heart, Mikael then bursts into flames. Klaus watches on as his father turns into ash. Klaus turns to see Lola beginning to wake up, he rushes to her side and helps her up, walking her back into the house.

"What the hell did you do?" Damon snaps at Stefan who is still holding him down.

"He's earned his freedom." Klaus says as he walks Lola back into the house.

Stefan stops clutching Damon, gets up and faces Klaus.

Klaus smiles at Stefan, "Thank you my friend. You no longer have to do as I say. You're free." Klaus un-compels Stefan. Lola smiles weakly over at her younger brother, Stefan turns to look where Damon was but he is nowhere to be seen. Stefan flees from the house.

Klaus holds Lola up who is still weak, "Are you okay?"

Lola nods and pushes away from him. She walks into the room upstairs and begins packing up her things.

Klaus enters the room shortly after and wraps his arms around her, "So how about ripping that dress off you?"

Lola freezes in her spot with her back still to Klaus, "Were you planning on having Damon killed?"

Klaus removes his arms from her, "What?"

Lola turns to face Klaus with tears streaming down her face, "Just tell me no. Tell me Katherine was lying and you weren't actually planning on having my brother killed?"

Klaus looks down in shame, "Lola..."

"Oh my god." Lola practically whispers, she looks up and glares at Klaus as her voice raises, "Oh my god!"

"It was just my leverage, just to make sure that nothing was going to happen to me." Klaus says trying to reason with Lola, "Damon was only going to get killed if he had killed me."

"I am so sick of hearing that word!" Lola snaps, "I'm so sick of people having all sorts of different leverage against each other!"

"They were planning to kill me!" Klaus raises his voice.

"And if they killed you then Damon would also be dead!" Lola seethes, she sighs as more tears fall, "I'd have lost you and him all in one night!"

"Damon has hurt you countless times!"

Lola laughs, "I don't care! I can't just dagger my brothers whenever they piss me off like you can! I don't want to just kill people whenever they do something to hurt me!" Lola turns away from Klaus when something in her mind clicks, she laughs again as she faces Klaus, "This was all part of your plan wasn't it?"

Klaus frowns in confusion, "What was?"

Lola shrugs, "Making me fall for you again."

Klaus raises his hands up as he steps towards her, "Now wait a minute..."

Lola runs her fingers through her hair, "Yes! You wanted to get me close again, so you could just get information to use against my brothers, you wanted to drive a wedge between us for your own gain! This is all just a game to you, isn't it?"

Klaus sighs, "You're being ridiculous."

"You're right, I am. I'm being ridiculous to think that you're anything like the man I loved all those years ago!"

Lola attempts to push past Klaus to walk away but he grabs hold of her arm, stopping her from leaving, "Lola, please. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I love you so much, this doesn't have to change any-"

"It changes everything!" Lola snaps back, "You know what crazy thing is? I think I've known, I think I've known this whole time that something like this was going to happen and I just didn't wanna see it. Something was going to happen that was going to tear us apart but I didn't think it would have been you to do that. Because, I just..." A shaky breath falls from her lips, trying to fight back her tears, "I wanted us to make it. I just..."

Klaus crouches down to be face to face with Lola, "Hey, we can still make it, okay?" Lola sighs as she pulls out of his hold and sits on the edge of the bed. Klaus crouches down in front of her, taking hold of both her hands, "We can still make it. I wasn't thinking straight, I was just thinking out of rage but please. Please don't leave me."

Lola looks into his eyes for a moment, trying to figure out how to reply. She bows her head as she wipes away her tears, "I love you too... but I can't do this. She looks up to see Klaus looking heartbroken, she shakes her head, "I'm sorry I can't. Things like this are just going to keep happening and I don't have the strength to keep doing going through it and being in the middle of it all the time."

Lola stands up to walk away but she gets a sudden wave of dizziness and almost falls over. Klaus quickly grabs hold of her, he looks at her concerned, "Are you okay?"

Lola pushes out of his hold, "I'm fine! Maybe it has something to do with your crazy father draining me of all my blood!" Lola grabs her bags and storms out of the Lockwood mansion.

----------------------------------------------------

Elena and Damon are in the living room, talking about what happened tonight.

"How did this happen?" Elena asks.

"We thought of everything, Elena! Klaus having hybrids. Mikael turning on us. We brought in Katherine so you weren't in danger. Anything that could have gone wrong we were prepared!" Damon shouts out in anger as he paces the room, he takes a drink of his bourbon.

Elena furrows her brows in confusion, "I don't understand. Stefan wanted Klaus dead. More than anything. That's what we were counting on."

"We blew it." Damon mumbles into his drink.

"Where's Katherine?"

"She ran for the hills like usual, the minute things got bad! And who blames her?! Klaus would've crushed her. I had him, Elena." Damon says as he walks towards Elena carrying the bottle of bourbon, "I had Klaus! This could have all been over!!!" Damon throws the bottle of bourbon into the fireplace, causing the flames to rise higher.

"Hey. Damon...Hey!" Elena walks over to Damon and takes hold of his arm but he swats her away, Elena grabs hold of Damon's face, cupping his cheeks, "Hey, listen to me! We'll survive this. We always survive. Trust me."

Damon frowns, "We're never getting Stefan back. You know that, don't you?"

Elena sighs, "Then we'll let him go. Okay? We'll have to let him go."

Damon nods. His phone begins to ring, Elena removes her hands from Damon's face as he answers his call, "Not interested in the play-by-play of our failure right now, Katherine."

"I'm just calling to say goodbye. I don't know what to tell you. You had a good plan Damon. And that's high praise coming from me."

Damon scoffs, "That's not very comforting at the moment. You're going back into hiding?"

"At least my life is not boring. Goodbye, Damon."

"Take care of yourself, Katherine." Damon hangs up.

Damon and Elena turn to face the front door as Lola opens it and walks in not looking as good as she usually does. Her fresh white dress, now ruined with dirt and blood. Her mascara running down her face and eyes red and puffy from crying.

Damon looks over to his sister relived, he smiles slightly as he steps closer, "Lola..."

Lola puts her head down and vamp speeds upstairs into her room, they can hear her door shutting behind her.

Damon bows his head and sighs. Elena comes up behind him, placing her hand on his shoulder as reassurance, "Just give her time. Silver lining, she's here and not with Klaus."

Lola enters her bathroom and turns her shower on. She strips down out of her clothes from tonight. Lola puts her hand over her mouth so her cries can't be heard, she rests against the wall of the shower and slides down it, collapsing onto the floor, hysterical. She brings her legs up to her chest and lets all her tears out as the water washes away tonight.

Damon walks up to her door and is about to knock when he hears the running water but also Lola's cries. Damon sighs, deciding to give his sister some space, he's only heard Lola like this once before and that was after he told her that Dominic had left because he didn't love her but the real reason being Damon killed him.

Once Lola has calmed herself down, she walks out of her shower and changes into a vest and short set and wrapping a robe round her. Lola can hear someone knocking at the door while she gets dressed but chooses to ignore it, just wanted to be on her own tonight.

Lola walks back into her bedroom as Elena walks into the room, looking over to Lola with a sympathetic smiles. Lola rolls her eyes and walks back into her bathroom, "When people don't answer the door when you knock it means go away! It doesn't mean just walk in as you please!"

"I just wanted to see if you were okay." Elena says softly as she follows Lola into her bathroom, "I wanted to tell you how bad Damon feels about everything that happened between you both."

Lola scoffs as she looks at Elena through the mirror, "You wanted to tell me that?" She turns to face Elena properly, "Or did Damon just want you to do his dirty work for him?"

Elena sighs, "If only you've seen him over this past week or so without you here, Lola. He's been a mess and..."

"And what about me?" Lola interrupts, "How do you think I've been about it all, Elena? Has that ever crossed anyone's mind at all?"

Elena starts to shift uncomfortably, "I know Damon isn't one for apologies but I know him, Lola, he truly is sorry."

Lola laughs slightly and glares at Elena, "How about we stop acting as though you know my brother? You've known him, what, a year? And you spent most of that year hating him. So let's cut the crap on you thinking you know what Damon is like. He's been my brother for 167 years, you would think I knew him but I don't. So stop thinking you do after knowing him for five minutes." Lola frowns and holds her head as she gets another wave of dizziness, she falls back slightly, grabbing hold of her sink to keep herself steady.

Elena steps closer to Lola, "Woah, are you okay?"

Lola pulls up the sleeves of her robes and notices red veins pulsating all over her arms, she stares down at them, panicking, "What the hell is happening to me?" Lola starts to stand up straight but her eyes roll to the back of her head and she collapses to the floor.

Elena gasps and kneels down besides Lola, "Oh my god, Lola. Damon! Damon get in here!!"

Damon vamp speeds into the room, he looks down in shock at his sister passed out on the floor, he kneels down by her side and lifts her up slightly, resting her against his lap, "What happened?"

Elena shakes her head, "I don't know, she just passed out."

Lola gasps as she wakes up, she looks around the bathroom confused. Damon turns Lola's head to face him, "Lo, it's me. Are you okay?"

Lola's eyes widen and looks at Damon terrified, "Oh my god, please don't hurt me."

Damon furrows his brows, confused, "I'm not going to hurt you."

"You said that before!" Lola shouts back, in hysterics as tears stream down her face trying to fight out of Damon's hold, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do it, I promise! Please father, don't hurt me again! It wasn't my fault!"

Damon removes hair out of Lola's face, "Lola, it's me, it's Damon."

Lola becomes even more hysterical, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, father. I'm not in control!" She looks over to Elena, "Mother! Mother, please, tell him it's not my fault!"

Damon picks Lola up and carries her into her bedroom and places her down on her bed. He looks down at his sister, concerned, "Something's wrong."

Elena comes up behind Damon, noticing the veins all over Lola, "Damon...her arms."

Damon notices the veins, Lola's pale grey complexion and sweat droplets all over her. Damon shakes his head in disbelief, "No...no it's not possible. She doesn't have a bite."

Lola starts screaming out in pain. Damon sits on the bed and tries to comfort her and holding her down, "Lola, don't worry. Don't worry, you're safe. You're okay, no one is going to hurt you."

Lola starts to twist in pain, screaming, "Why does it feel like I'm on fire? Ugh, make it stop, please make it stop!"

"Shh, you're okay." Damon says softly, trying to reassure her.

"I need him." Lola mumbles as she begins to drift off, "I need...I need Klaus."

"We need to call him." Elena says.

Damon turns to face Elena, glaring, "No!"

"Damon, she's dying!" Elena argues, "He won't hurt her!" Elena walks out of the room with Lola's phone and dials Klaus' number.

"Lola?" Klaus' voice speaks from the other end, "Are you okay?"

Elena clears her throat, "Lola is dying."

A moment of silence from Klaus' end before he speaks again, "What did you just say?"

"I don't know what's wrong with her, but it looks like she has werewolf venom in her somehow. But she doesn't have any bites."

"If you're lying as another way to trap me, I'll kill you all."

Elena sighs, "I wouldn't lie about this, just please help her, Klaus."

Klaus hangs up the phone and Elena walks back into Lola's bedroom. Lola is fast asleep as Damon is sitting on the edge of her bed, one hand holding Lola's and the other dabbing a damp towel on Lola's skin.

Klaus walks into the bedroom not long after, he looks over to Lola, worried, "What happened?"

Damon stands up from the bed and storms over to Klaus, "You happened!" Damon pushes Klaus back slightly, "You done this to her, didn't you?!"

Elena stands between them both, "Damon..."

Klaus smirks at Damon, "I'd watch the way you were talking to me, Damon."

Damon glares at him, "Oh yeah, or what?"

"Stop." Lola's quiet voice speaks up from behind them all, "Just stop it."

Damon rushes back over to Lola, "Hey, you okay?"

Lola nods, "Please, let me talk to him."

Damon shakes his head, "I'm not leaving."

"Yes you are." Lola says in between breaths, "This doesn't change anything, Damon. I don't want to be around you right now, please just go."

"You should listen to her mate." Klaus speaks up, acting cocky.

"You're no better!" Lola snaps back at Klaus, glaring at him. Lola gives Damon a nod of reassurance and then he and Elena leave the room and go downstairs.

Klaus walks over to Lola, "What happened?"

Lola tries to sit up in bed but is too weak, she lays back down and scoffs, "I assume this is the lovely work of the late Mikael. The bastard must have got venom from one of your hybrids some how and got it in my system without a bite so it wasn't obvious, then once he killed you, there was no way for me to survive."

Klaus bows his head, "I'm sorry."

Lola takes hold of Klaus' hand, "Don't be, this isn't your fault."

Klaus gestures to her bed, "May I?"

Lola nods and Klaus sits on the edge of the bed, he bites into his wrist and holds it out for Lola. Lola hesitates for a moment, holding onto his arm, "Me doing this doesn't change anything between us by the way."

Klaus goes to say something but clasps his mouth shut and nods. Lola drinks his blood and she heals. Lola sighs with relief as she lays back down onto her bed, "Thank you."

Klaus takes hold of Lola's hand, "I know I can't change what I have done, but please forgive me, Lola."

"Is this how it's going to be from now on?" Lola starts, "You and my brothers fighting each other constantly? When are you both going to realise you can't hurt each other without hurting me? I was so naive to think this time would be different."

Klaus sighs, "It will be different. Mikael is gone now, we don't have to be constantly looking over our shoulders. We can wake up our family and get on with our lives like I promised we would."

Lola lets go of Klaus' hand, "And what? What do we do? You honestly think you're going to be able to live a peaceful life and expect to get a new blood bag from Elena every month so you can continue making hybrids?"

Klaus clenches his jaw, "That would happen if your brothers weren't always getting in the way."

"Here we go again!" Lola shouts, "Stop trying to pit me against my brothers, it's not going to happen! It will never happen!"

"Damon hurt you, Lola." Klaus says softly.

"Yes I know! I've hurt him in the past." Lola shrugs, "Granted it was never to that extreme but that's what we do. We hurt each other, we fight, we argue and eventually we make up. Whether it be 30 years or 30 minutes. That's what we do. I might have lost Damon tonight and I can't lose him. He's my big brother, Nik." Silence floods the room, neither of them saying anything else, Lola sighs, "I just need space, okay? Please at least just give me that for the time being, I think you should go."

"I know you're mad, but..."

"If I get mad then that means I still care. You should worry when I don't get mad." Lola pulls the covers up, "Thank you for saving me, Nik, but I really think you should go." Lola turns around in bed so her back is to Klaus.

Klaus stands up, he sighs looking down at Lola, he reaches down and kisses Lola on the top of her head, "I really am sorry."

Klaus walks downstairs, Damon rushes over to him and goes to attack Klaus but Klaus easily pushes Damon off and pushes him against the wall. Klaus smirks at Damon who is struggling in his hold, "You're quite the brave one aren't you? The other chap was clearly easy to kill but don't think that it will be as easy to kill me. Mark my words, Damon, if you ever hurt your sister like that again, I will kill you." Klaus lets go of Damon, Damon glares up at Klaus as he tries to catch his breath, Klaus steps closer to Damon and glares at him, "Make no mistake of that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...
505K 10.1K 38
After the incident is 1864 everyone in mystic falls including the Salvatore brothers assumed their youngest sister was dead. She had fled the town to...
110K 2K 46
When Rowan Taylor moved to Mystic Falls over the summer she definitely got more than what she bargained for. Vampires, witches, hybrids, love, death...
15.4K 849 15
*BOOK TWO OF THE 'TIL SERIES* read Dusk til Dawn before reading this book Klaus and Briana's love story has been one full of ups and downs since the...