Timeless Rendezvous (one-shot...

By guccidracula

For the dark academia lovers. Royal ball, mysterious prince... Read to find out more ;) Hope you enjoy! More

Timeless Rendezvous

484 30 103
By guccidracula

Warning: Mature Content

My sisters' shrieks wake me up. I already know the reason behind their excited murmuring. It is tradition for the royal family to host a ball each year, on the first day of summer. The entire town of Bercenelle has been waiting for this day since the invitations showed up on everyone's doorstep.

"Cosette, come! Our dresses have arrived!" my younger sister, Liliane, shouts from downstairs. I grin and get out of the covers to join them.

I descend the staircase to come across a chaotic living room with all kinds of colorful fabrics spread all over. My sisters are chatting on top of one another while holding up their dresses, admiring their silky quality. My mother catches sight of me first and smiles at me warmly.

"Good morning, maman," I say and kiss her cheek.

Liliane hears me and hurries to pull my hand and drag me to the other side of the room. "Won't you have a look at your dress? I will look like a princess in mine!" she exclaims, gesturing to her pale pink gown, its skirt shimmering. I eye my other two sisters and they share a chuckle. Liliane keeps talking, her blonde hair bouncing all over the place. It's the first ball she's attending to, hence her bubbly energy.

Despite the fact that these sorts of social occasions aren't my thing, I share her enthusiasm. Most of the ladies in Bercenelle consider these annual balls a chance to meet the partner they had always dreamed about. Or even to make the prince fall in love with them. All the eligible ladies can pick a male partner to dance with, for the royal family's and their own entertainment. Given that just ladies from their eighteen to twenty-five years can join the dance, only my sister Margot and I can dance this year. Liliane is eleven and my other sister Maribel is sixteen, so they won't join yet. I have recently turned eighteen and Margot is twenty-three. She hasn't found a suitor yet, despite the fact that she has met quite a few gentlemen.

My thoughts stop when I my eyes fall on my own gown. I'm shocked by its beauty. I touch the dark green velvet material and grin. Yes, this is exactly what I expected. It is cut off the shoulder with a low décolletage and tiny flowers decorating the bodice, it has a fitted defined waist and the hem is flared, giving off a flowy style.

Several hours later, I stand in front of the mirror, in shades of flowing green. My eyes are painted with gold and my lips with rouge. There are more gold threads in my brown hair, wrapped around thin braids that make me look as if I'm wearing a crown. The rest of my hair falls in waves. I resemble a fairy. I feel beautiful, ethereal.

...

The carriage comes to a halt, leaving us before the castle's entrance. Dark brown-grey stone walls, high towers with slit like windows and climbing vines with gorgeous, exotic flowers greet us. Before anyone can say a word, I grab my best friend's hand and we rush together in the ballroom, faces flushing and hearts beating wildly. Mimi and I know each other since we were five, and we've been inseparable since. She's wearing a black sheer gown tonight, looking divine. I can feel my mother's glare from behind me, directed at my unladylike behavior, but I don't care.

We walk into the ballroom and I gasp. I have never been in a space that makes me feel so small. Crystal chandeliers hang down from the arching gold ceiling, illuminating the walls and the shiny floor. The ladies sparkle like gems as they move, and the men look elegant, most of them dressed in plain black suits. Their low chatter accompanies the classical melody that echoes around the room and there's the scent of jasmine in the air. The whole scenery feels and looks like a fairytale.

As I take everything in, something -or rather someone- catches my eye and I turn my head. There he is. Prince Thièrry de Boudreaux. Dressed in black finery with gold details, he sits on the dais, leaned back comfortably on his throne beside the queen and the king. A golden crown with red gems is sitting sideways on top of his dark curls. He looks rather bored as he inspects the guests, playing with his rings all the while. His body looks lean as he rests his one leg on top of the other, his fingers long and slender.

"Shall I ask him to dance?" Mimi reappears beside me, breaking my stare and hands me a glass of sparkling champagne, while sipping hers. I follow her gaze and notice a man with short, copper hair, chatting with a couple. He looks young, but I can't see much of his eyes. All male dance partners are required to wear a mask. His is a plain black one.

"Why not? He seems charming."

Mimi winks at me and leaves, but not before pushing me backwards, causing me to stumble and hit something hard behind me. Wide-eyed, I turn around to find a man towering over me, his hand catching my elbow to steady me. I can hear Mimi's laugh.

"Are you hurt?"

The first thing I notice is his mask. He is a dance partner, I think. His eyes appear to be light brown, his hair a deep dark color, and his skin is brilliant golden-brown with freckles complimenting the top of his nose. This man is truly handsome.

I smirk, dropping in a curtsy. "Pardon me, Monsieur. I seem to have lost my balance and I haven't finished my first glass yet."

He chuckles, the sound sending butterflies to my stomach. He bows, still not letting go of my arm and graciously grabs my fingers and presses his lips on my knuckles. "Does that mean you cannot dance? Miss...?"

"Cosette Morel. Are you asking me to dance with you? Monsieur...?"

I notice his neck starting to redden and I laugh, drinking the rest of my champagne and set the glass on the table alongside me. "Indeed I am. And you can call me Luc. Luc Raimond."

Someone taps a glass before I can answer. We turn in unison to find king Hebert standing on the dais, a proud smile on his face. "Mesdames et Messieurs! It is an honor to have you all joining us this lovely evening. Enjoy yourselves and let the dance commence!"

Applauding sounds and cheers echo around the room and the king sits back down on his throne. The prince allows a small grin but doesn't make a move to stand up or speak at all. Suddenly, as if sensing my stare, his eyes find mine and my breath catches. I'm paralyzed. I take a better look at his face and notice his straight nose, full lips and his now narrowed eyes. He studies me as I study him, and I can't help but think of how irritatingly attractive he is.

...

Too soon, they announce our titles and Luc walks me to the center of the ballroom. We greet the royal family properly and I try not to make eye contact with the prince, even though I can feel his eyes burning on my face. When the candles dim and the first rich strings of the violins start, I quit thinking and start moving to the notes of the piece. Luc's arms are strong as he holds my hand and spins me, making my dress swirl. I resist the urge to close my eyes and let the music swallow me whole. Instead, I smile at Luc and we keep spinning and moving across the floor, as if we're floating. I can see my family from the corner of my eye, my sisters waving at me. We gracefully move to the furthest corner as the music comes to a close, so the following couple can dance.

I can still feel the prince's burning gaze.

The dancing festivities end, and I'm now sited at a round table with my sisters, my mother
somewhere close by. Luc also remained by my side the entire time. As I'm about to get another delicacy to eat, a servant holding a tray approaches us, bows, and clears his throat. "My lady. His Royal Highness would like a private word with you. He has asked me to bring you this."

Unconsciously, I look towards the dais and see that he's no longer there. I peer down at the tray and take the single, small daisy, bringing it up to my nose and inhale. I stand abruptly, salute my sisters and laugh at their stunned expressions. I thank the kind servant and make a move to leave when Luc gently places his hand on my shoulder. "Allow me to accompany you."

Luc extends his arm and I gladly take it, allowing the servant to lead us to the prince. My belly contracts in anticipation and heat rises to my cheeks. He leads us outside of the ballroom to the second floor, down the end of a hall and several minutes later halts in front of large golden doors.

"I'll be right here, should you need anything," Luc tells me and steps aside. I nod, take a deep breath and push the doors open.

The moment I cross the threshold, the doors close, making me jump. I walk across the glossy marble floor and scan the silent room, immediately noticing that the whole room is covered in floor-length mirrors.

"Hello?"

Nobody answers. This room is darker than the ballroom, I silently think, and run my fingers on an earthy colored couch that's sitting in the middle, feeling the leather. On the roof, there's a large arching window that allows me to see the night sky. Moonlight leaks in, creating a magical glow. Then I see him.

He walks in through another set of doors and they close behind him. My heart pounds as he stalks closer with long strides, eyes fixated on mine. He radiates confidence and power. Then he stops before me, his face remaining impassive. Blank. Truly tall and enormous, he towers over me, the top of my head barely reaching his shoulders. His eyes sweep over me with keen interest. "Hello, mademoiselle Morel. You look...beautiful."

I drop in my most impressive, deep curtsy. "Thank you, Your Highness."

One side of his mouth lifts when he notices the daisy in my hold. He gently takes it and, pushing my hair behind my ear, carefully places it there. I don't dare to breathe. He's close. Too close. And his eyes... So familiar, so dark green -like moss- almost as dark as my dress, they burn as he takes in every little detail of my face. "It's Thièrry."

I shift on my feet, silently cursing my traitorous heartbeat and flushed skin when he looks at me. He takes my hand and kisses it, eyes never leaving my face. "Will you do me the honor and dance with me, mademoiselle Morel?"

"It's Cosette."

He grins in amusement and cocks his head to the side. "So, what will it be, Cosette?"

"Of course. I saved the last dance for you, after all."

He smiles like he remembers something and when he snaps his fingers music starts playing. He places a strong hand on my waist and pulls me closer, his other hand already holding my own. I place my free hand on his shoulder, and we waltz the first steps. I find it hard to concentrate, since I can't stop thinking about his hands touching me elsewhere. The world disappears as he moves with surprising grace, my dress flowing behind me. Foot forward. Back. Left. Right. We move in perfect sync, we become one with the song, with the dance and with each other. The warmth between us grows more powerful by the second. Nothing feels forced; I literally feel like I'm floating. Thièrry spins me around and my back crashes against his hard body. Heat rushes to my stomach. The melody ends too soon, leaving us both breathing heavier.

I dare to look at his face and the desire I see in his eyes mirrors my own. He leans in closer and when he moistens his lips with his tongue, my gaze falls there. He's so close, his lips are nearly brushing mine and my eyes flutter shut. Suddenly he steps back and moves away from me.

"Ask me."

I'm left speechless and can only manage to stare. He lets out a breathy laugh and clasps his hands around his back. I already know what he means, but I still tease, "Ask you what?"

"To touch you." He circles me and I can feel his body heat envelope me. I feel nervous under his intense gaze, but I can't deny it. I don't just want him, I need him. All of him. I crave his touch more than I can ever admit.

"Touch me, Thièrry." I find the courage to say. "Please."

My blood heats at his low growl and in the next moment he's standing in front of me. Before he
can react, I place my arms around his neck and kiss him. His surprise only lasts a second, before he snakes his hands under my thighs and holds me up. I don't know how he manages to do that, since my dress is quite puffy and heavy. Tightening my hold, I deepen the kiss until our lips are swollen. He breaks the kiss only to gently drop me on the leather couch and we both take our shoes off.

"Won't you undo the lacings on your dress, chérie? Surely you'll feel more comfortable."

I raise my eyes to look at him and find him grinning down at me. Are we about to do this here? I look around, noticing the mirrors once again and goosebumps erupt across my skin. Thièrry is watching me closely, and as if knowing exactly what I'm thinking about, a slow smirk spreads across his face. I stand up, placing my hands to the lacings on the back of my gown and start pulling.

"Eyes on me." Thièrry's voice turns needy, raw. His throat bobs as he watches me.

I let my dress fall to a pool at my feet and step out of it. His eyes drink in my almost naked form and more goosebumps appear on my skin. He walks closer and lifts my chin with one single finger. His hands move to the daisy in my hair, making sure it won't fall off. Never breaking the stare, he takes his thick coat off and pulls his shirt up over his head. I move to unbutton his pants and he greedily takes the rest of my undergarments off. We are breathing heavily as we undress each other. Faster than I can blink, he pulls me closer by my waist and we're skin to skin, lips hungrily
moving against each other's.

He lifts me up and sits on the couch, placing me on top of him. I can feel him, long and hard, and can't help but roll my hips against him. Hie eyes are nearly black, the green barely visible, as his hands burn on my hips. I need more. I roll my hips again and he groans, lifting his own hips up in response and his hands tighten on my skin. My hand comes between us and wraps around him and he jerks, another low grown escaping his lips. My other hand snakes up his stomach, his chest, and tightens a little on his neck. I place open-mouthed kisses at the spot where his shoulder meets his neck.

I can almost hear his control snap when he stops me and takes my breast in his mouth, licking and biting. He moves to the other one and repeats the movement. Grinning devilishly, I trace my finger down the length of him again, enjoying the way his eyes shine with pure need. He snarls and in a single, quick movement buries himself inside of me. We both gasp at the contact and my eyes snap shut. The pain is almost too much, but it hurts so good. I feel a hand wrap around my hair and slightly pull. "Look at me."

My eyes nearly roll at the back of my head when he thrusts deeper even, hitting the right spot. He moves my head to the side and we both watch myself on the mirrors, as I move up and down on him. The sight is so erotic. I graze my teeth against the skin on his chest and never stop moving against him. Abruptly, his arms grab my waist, and he spins me around, so his chest is on my back. I sink down on him again, hearing him hiss.

"The man you danced with is still outside. Do you think he can hear you?"

The question catches me off guard and I am shocked to think that I wouldn't mind if he heard. I forgot he was standing outside the room. As if reading my thoughts again, Thièrry chuckles darkly against my ear and heat drops directly to my core at the sound. He pulls my hair aside and kisses my neck, gently biting my ear. His one hand grabs my breast, and he plays with my nipple, while the other hand moves between my legs and he starts stroking me with expertly capable fingers. I moan and close my eyes, letting myself feel all of it.

When I open them again, I'm stunned to find Luc standing a few feet away from us, watching. I look at Thièrry and his eyes lock on mine in a silent question. Instead of answering, I lean in for a scorching kiss and in the next moment I feel another set of hands on my thighs. Luc is kneeling in front of us, and he moves in, giving me a slow, long lick. I breathlessly moan and let my head fall back on Thièrry's chest as he continues torturing me. Still inside me, Thièrry starts moving once more, slowly, as Luc's tongue is hot and demanding between my legs.

Too soon, a familiar ache starts building in my stomach until it all becomes too much, and I feel like I'm going to explode. "Thièrry- "

Hearing his name, his thrusts become faster, more violent and in the next seconds I'm coming hard, nearly screaming, and Thièrry kisses me deeply to silence my loud moans. I can't stop trembling for a few seconds, but he doesn't stop moving in and out of me, each thrust deeper than the last one. Luc has disappeared and I wonder if I imagined him. I place my hands on Thièrry's thighs to steady myself and start a rhythm of my own, moving up and down, and his hands grab my hips almost possessively. His legs stiffen after a while and he pants, "Get up."

I kneel in front of him, and he spills all over my face, a growl escaping his throat, and I swallow as much of it as I can. We keep looking at each other for a few moments and my heart beats wildly at the longing on his face. When his breathing returns to normal, he brushes his thumb across my cheek to wipe a spot and brings it to my mouth, looking at me expectantly. I lick it clean, and he smiles in satisfaction.

We lay together for a long time, my head on top of his chest. I feel his strong heartbeat and attempt to savor the moment, not letting myself forget any of it. A familiar ache in my chest starts spreading. I let a single tear fall down my cheek when my beautiful dark prince kisses my palm. The feeling gets deeper, more real, more bewitching, every single time.

"I have missed you, amour de ma vie."

I swallow down a sob at his words. "And I you."

It's him. I've known since I laid eyes on him. Nothing can take him away from me, not even death. Our souls are doomed to lose and find each other again and again, for all eternity.

I gently touch the daisy in my hair and smile, remembering the thousands I've received from him before. I will carry this piece of him with me. Always.

Until I meet him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
127K 5.2K 66
โžฝJust short love stories...โค โ‡โค๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ–ค. โ‡โ™ฅ๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ’™. โ‡๐Ÿฉท. โ‡๐Ÿค. โžฝ๐Ÿ’› Going on. [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradually.]