Mentor

By yasmine_muffin

A story about how the simple word, Love, can change the world of a middle aged woman and that of a Young Adul... More

"The meeting"
"Coma"
"Friends"
"Consequences"
"Dinner"
"Change"
"Memorial"
"Chemistry"
"filler"
"Serenity"
"Went"
"Turmoil"
"Graduation"
"amore"
"Touch"
"Recon"
"Law"
"Gloomy"
"Surprise"
"Gap"
"As told by Angie"
"Drive"
"Volcano"
"Untie"
"Apologies"
"Healing"
"Views"
"Pulse"
"People"
"Jealous'
"Selflove"
"Porn"
"Alien"
"Brunch"
"Dialogue"
"Breakups"
"Completion"
"From the Author"
AN: a new project.
NEW BOOK OUT!
Quarantined!!

"The End"

4.7K 194 77
By yasmine_muffin

Joyful music spread across the house while loud chatters filled the house, it was easier to hear the chatter than it was to hear the music that Ruby had chosen. In the midst of a beautiful day, all I could think about was the day that was similar to this one, my wedding day. We had settled on a beautiful small wedding that still became the talk of the town regardless of how miniscule it was but Ruby decided on a big wedding. Today is the day of the daughter I had inherited due to love, not only was she perfect but she was also very loving in all senses and I will forever be grateful to Angie for allowing me to experience such love from both her and her daughter. We had been planning this day for more than a year and I knew that regardless of the fact that she will no longer be coming to our house whenever she was bored, she would still be the most important part of our lives.

“Mommy, Mama won’t let us eat cake in these stupid white dresses” Theodora said while she held on to Adora, her twin sister.

“Your mommy is correct or else you will mess yourselves up and your older sister would get upset on her wedding day” I said.

“We will wear our aprons” Theo suggested

“Listen, there is plenty of cake but you will have to wait until the ceremony is complete” I said

“Let’s go Theo” Adora said.

“Okay” Theo scoffed and stormed out still clinging to Adora.

Seven years later and I still couldn’t believe that we had created two humans beings and adorned them with all the love that we had. From the first time I held them, I knew that Theo was the strong one and had the qualities of her mother, Angie, while Adora had a calm nature that she inherited from me. Angie held on to them and promised that she will love them for eternity while Ruby couldn’t believe that she was a sister at the age of nineteen but since that day, she had never let them down neither did she care not to give them sweets right before bedtime and for that they respected and loved her more than they did us. They were identical twins with different shades, while Adora has my skin Theo was lighter than we were but not as pale as Angie. They loved their curly brown hair while Angie struggled with it whenever I was at work, she would call me to ask what it needed but she ended up getting the hang of it and now she is their hairstylist.

“Your mother is on her way” a woman said while standing at the door.

“Okay” I said. My mother had been living in Canada and she has recently fallen in love with a man named Elliot, she was head over heels in love with him but she would still feel guilty for being happy.

I stared in the mirror while fixing my makeup and contemplating on the dress that Ruby had chosen for me. The light blue fabric didn’t look appealing to me but this was the theme that she had chosen for her wedding.

“The twins wanted cake and I refused them” Angie said while leaning on the door. I stared at the reflection in complete awe.

“They did come in here to trick me into giving them the cake” I rolled my eyes.

“Where did they learn such trickery?” Angie said. She was wearing a pastel blue suit and a white bra to complete the look, she is still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.

“From their amazing sister” I chuckled

“Yes” she smiled “You are beautiful” she said while walking in my direction.

“So are you” I said.

“Thank you cherub” she kissed my hair

“How is Ruby?” I asked

“She is having wedding day jitters and that is why I am here” she said and I turned to look at her “She said that she needed to talk with her more level headed mother” she chuckled

“I will go to her right now” I stood up and Angie held my hand before I could leave “I love you Mrs Parks” she said and I couldn’t help but lean in for her warm kiss.

“I love you too Mrs Parks”

I walked to the, now white bedroom of Ruby and as soon as I walked in, I found her sitting on her bed with a box of tissue next to her. Her white dress was spread across the bed while her shoes were scattered around her.

“Hi” I said softly.

“Mom” she whispered

“Cold feet?” I asked while walking towards her

“I don’t know why but I have this sudden feeling that I cannot understand” she said

“Are you having regrets?” I asked

“I am not sure” she sniffled “I have been planning this day for months and on the day, I can’t help but feel like I am not ready”

“Do you love him?” I asked

“I do love him, with all of my heart but there is always that what if question roaming around” she said

“I don’t know if I have told you this but before Angie proposed, extravagantly, I had actually proposed to her and she told me that she wasn’t ready yet. Although I played it cool, I will never forget how hurt I was but I was always sure of her love for me and that is the reason why I stayed with her and not make the rejection a big deal. I love your mother more than anything and that is all that matters. The wedding was never a big deal because we knew that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together so I am going to ask you again, do you love him?” I held her hand while I waited for her honest answer.

“I love him so much I would feel like I am breaking the balance of the universe if I let go of him” she said.

“That is all that matters because even if you don’t get married today, that amount of love would never change”

“What if he doesn’t love me they way I love him?” she asked

“In all your previous relationships, I have never seen anyone love you like he does and I mean it because I have held your hand while you cried, begged and demean yourself for love and as soon as he walked into your life, all I have seen is smiles, tears of joy and confidence because you know that there is someone behind you who loves you more than ever” I said
“I know, I have never been happier and he has never changed even after three years of dating” she smiled at the realisation

“Now that we have established the essential part, we can move on from here. Do you want me to call him here so you can talk to him about your current feeling?” I asked

“That is bad luck!” she chuckled

“On my wedding day, I did things with Angie in our wedding dresses and we are okay” I shrugged

“Oh my goodness, Jay!” she squealed in embarrassment

“I am just saying” our laughter filled the room.

“Thank you for making me feel better” she said

“That is my duty as your Jay”

“Are you feeling any better?” Angie said, startling us.

“How long have you been standing there?” I asked

“Long enough to hear you tell our daughter about our wedding day festivities” she chuckled

“Oh shut up!” I laughed

“Are you ready to get married?” Angie asked Ruby who was fixing her dress.

“Yes, I am and thanks to Anna, I already had my puff” she chuckled

“You’d think that marriage would fix her up” Angie rolled her eyes

“She completely turned Steph into her so I guess we have two Anna’s now” Ruby joked.

“Mommy!” the twin screamed and both Angie and I turned.

“They are still clean?” Ruby asked

“Yes, mommy and mama refused to let us eat cake so here we are, still clean” Theo said “But we want cake so can you please hurry up” Adora said.

“Relax you two” Angie said.

“Everyone is already seated and the family is still in here hiding” Anna said while she held on to a glass of wine

“Auntie Anna!” the twins squealed. Because Anna hasn’t decided on having children yet, she tends to spoil the twins because she has positioned herself as the rich aunt.

“Hello you little angels” she kissed them on the forehead “You all look amazing but time is running out” she said while looking at her bare wrist.

“Okay, I will take the twins and position them” Angie said “Please ensure that Ruby is okay and I will wait for her at the entrance” she finished

“Is grandma here?” Theo asked

“Yes, she just arrived and she said that she will see everyone as soon as she can” Anna said.

“Okay then, let’s do this!” I said

                              The end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 1.2K 41
Can be love be so instant it changes everything? A robynxnicki love story
2.6K 127 7
We meet people everyday, strangers with lives and depth within their eyes. One glance can tell a million different stories. One look can say so many...
3.5K 184 25
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...
194K 4.7K 17
Emily had to take a year off from school because of her mental health, and now she's 18 and ready to start fresh. She's always been a straight-A stud...