you're gonna be the death of...

By juulsfahey

davina campbell was a karate champion at her old dojo, but when her dad gets a job offer in encino, she gets... More

cast / characters
~ outline ~
[[ one ]]
[[ two ]]
[[ four ]]
[[ five ]]
[[ six ]]
[[ seven ]]
[[ eight ]]
[[ nine ]]
[[ ten ]]
[[ eleven ]]
[[ twelve ]]
[[ thirteen ]]
[[ fourteen ]]
[[ fifteen ]]
[[ sixteen ]]
[[ seventeen ]]
[[ eighteen ]]
[[ nineteen ]]
[[ twenty ]]
[[ twenty one ]]
[[ twenty two ]]
[[ twenty three ]]
[[ twenty four ]]

[[ three ]]

2.6K 64 59
By juulsfahey

You're so golden

You're so golden

I'm out of my head

And I know that you're scared

Because hearts get broken

I was woken up at 5am to the sound of Harry Styles blasting through my phone. After getting my bearings i looked to see what was going on and it was my best friend from back in missouri calling me. i picked up my phone and answered pissed that once again i was woken up from my rest.

"liam it's 5 in the morning what the hell do you want," i said barely even able to keep my eyes open.

"well good morning to you too, crankypants," he said, receiving a small laugh from me.

"liam you didn't answer my question, what do you want?"

"well first off sorry i forgot about this wacky time zone thing so i thought you were already at school, and second can't a guy just miss his best friend and want to hear her voice?"

"awwwww you love meeee," i said mockingly into the phone.

"yeah, yeah, whatever, but how are things going? does it suck?"

i made my way out of my bed, secured my phone in between my ear and my shoulder and started getting ready for school now that i was already awake. "actually it doesn't suck too much yet. i met a couple of nice guys, and one of them brought me to their dojo so i'm probably going to start training there. oh, but there's also this dick who goes there and he won't leave me alone, but it isn't absolutely horrible."

"wow, it's only been one day and you're already back into karate, i don't know how you do it dav," liam said laughing into the other end of the line.

"it's like it's following me," i said, whispering, pretending to hide from something. we both started cracking up. "hey wait let me facetime you instead help me pick out my outfit!" i said and then hung up immediately calling back. i placed my phone on my nightstand and held up a bright red t-shirt and a black cropped sweater.

"i like the sweater! OUU and you can wear it with those plaid pants blair always wanted to steal from you," liam said, and i went to my closest to grab a pair of dark green and maroon plaid pants.

"these ones?" i said holding them up to the camera.

"yes those!"

"awesome awesome, now combat boots or my black air forces?" i asked, holding one of each shoe.

"the boots. they fit the vibe more," he said moving his hands in a circle.

"so you're telling me you have all this fashion knowledge locked away in your brain, but you still wear shorts and a t-shirt everyday?"

"hey hey, for your information my shorts and t-shirts make a statement dav," he said holding his phone up to his outfit and twirling around.

"whatever loser. i have to go get changed now though, i'll call you soon ok?"

"alright, stay away from all those boys though ok? i'm not there to protect you anymore," he said getting into a karate stance and jokingly kicking the air.

"oh please i can take anyone at this school down with a flick,' i said and we both laughed.

"later dav, love you!"

"see ya christian! (his last name if anyone forgot) love you too."

-

it had been a pretty uneventful day so far, but it was now lunch time and i was sitting with miguel and demetri. as i was about to take a hefty bite out of the bright blue cupcake my mom packed for me, i saw my least favorite bright blue thing walking in my direction. hawk.

"hey nerds, what's going on," he said, doing some funky handshake with miguel. "oh hey are you eating that?" he grabbed my cupcake out of my hand and took a big bite out of it before placing it back down right in front of me.

"did i do something to offend you?" i said, looking at his smirking face as he gulped down the chunk of my cupcake.

"your presence offends me campbell." he said, trying to act cool, but not doing a good job of it.

"oh hey you have some frosting on your lip. let me help with that." i picked my cupcake back up and smashed what was left of it in his face. he stepped back in shock and i could hear the whole table behind me start laughing.

hawk was pissed and he clenched his fist at his side. i prepared for him to strike at me, but then he just walked away and grabbed a napkin to wipe off his face and his clothes.

"i don't know what we ever did without you," miguel said, smiling at me.

"yeah... how did you losers even survive?" i asked, gaining another chuckle from the whole table.

-

there was another cobra kai practice after school so i told jj he had to bring me there again and although he wasn't too enthused with it he agreed. when i walked into the dojo miguel handed me a gi that was going to be mine from now on and i quickly went into the bathroom and got changed. when i stepped out though, there was a strange man standing, staring at all the kids. i saw miguel start to talk to him, but sensei quickly got involved and the two walked off to his office.

"who is that guy?"

"i know just as much as you, never seen him before," miguel said, shrugging his shoulders.

we all continued stretching until sensei and the scary old man came back out of his office and up to the front of the dojo.

"class! we have a visitor. this is mr. kreese, he's just an observer. pretend like he's not even here," we all nodded. "mr. diaz, warm them up."

miguel stepped in front of the room and started shouting out moves for us to do.

"fighting positions! front kick, YUH! forward strike, YUH!" the class repeated his movements chanting in unison.

"side dab, YUH!" what the hell is a side dab, i thought to myself, but then looked around as everyone did that cringey dance move from 2016 and barfed a little in my mouth. the whole class erupted in laughter, but then sensei got upset.

"what the hell was that?"

"we were just messing around. i mean we have 11 and a half months until the next all valley."

"besides, we already know how to kick ass," hawk chimed in, making the situation even worse like he always seemed to do.

sensei looked super uncomfortable now and i could tell whoever this random man was, was getting under his skin. then the whole class started to make little snake movements with their arms and hissed. oh god this couldn't get any worse.

sensei started reprimanding us and then said we had to be at the corner of fulton and raymer (?) at 5am tomorrow morning or else we'd be cut from the team. the class stood there in shock, not expecting him to have been so upset with their little jokes, but coming from a sensei who was much tougher than johnny, i knew messing around was the last thing he wanted, especially when someone was observing the class.

we all silently walked around to pack up our stuff and there was a whisper here and there, but everyone was too scared that sensei was going to blow up again that we didn't really speak until we got outside.

"dude what do you think that was about?" i said to aisha, who i had become acquainted with during school today.

"i don't know, but something definitely has sensei all shaken up."

"do you think it was that guy? mr. kreese?"

"who knows, but let's just not mess with him until he cools off," i nodded to aisha in agreement and then hawk and miguel joined us outside.

"hey md!" i said, excitedly, ignoring hawk who was now standing right across from me.

"what? no hi for me? i'm heartbroken," hawk said, running his finger down his cheek, faking a tear and pouting his lip.

"i've already tried to be nice to you hair, i've given up."

"oh so you're a quitter now i see, at least i've moved up to nickname status."

"i'm no quitter, but i have no desire to get to know someone who's been nothing, but an asshole to me for no reason."

"fine, let's start over then. i'm hawk, and you are," he said reaching his hand out to me in a sarcastic tone.

i noticed jj's jeep pulling up so without replying, i grabbed hawk's hand and spit in it. then i ran like hell and jumped into the open window of the jeep.

"later hair!" i screamed with my head out of the window sticking my tongue out. i could see a look of disgust on his face and he wiped his hand on miguel's shirt sleeve. miguel had the same look of disgust on his face and then punched his arm.

"did i just see you SPIT in someone's hand?" jj said yelling as i died of laughter.

"it was cool right?"

"what did that poor guy ever do to you?"

"he's the asshole i was telling you about, he wanted to and i quote, start over, even though he's been nothing, but rude to me ever since i got here."

"i mean maybe you could give him a chance, you say ever since i got here as if you didn't start school just yesterday davie."

"yeah, whatever. there's no way in hell i'd ever give that guy a chance, he's already made up his mind. if he wants to be my enemy, then i'll gladly let him."

——————

"how do you two losers even survive?" - isaac lahey (teen wolf)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 362 16
Y/N L/N moved to California last year, His assimilation to the LA lifestyle has been rocky in the nicest way. With absent parent at home, He doesn't...
523 49 11
wlw Julie Green had just moved to the Valley when she was approached by Miguel and his Sensei to join their dojo. After winning the dojo their first...
9.4K 212 39
Her dad sucks and she hasn't seen her mom in years. She moves in with her granddad to get a better life. She gets involved with her dads dojo after s...
8.7K 439 11
Every Dead End Street, Led You Straight To Me ROBBY KEENE. ╱ COBRA KAI