No Turning Back

BlueEyedDoctor

This is book two in my series titled "Roses and Blood" Series list: Book One: Into The Aether ... Еще

Chapter One: No Turning Back
Chapter Two: Dr Karl von Rohr Pt. 1
Chapter Three: Dr Karl von Rohr Pt. 2
Chapter Four: The Hivemind
Update
Chapter Five: Samantha's Return
Chapter Six: A Deal With The Devil
Update To Schedule
Chapter Seven: A Christmas Special Pt. 1
Chapter Eight: A Christmas Special Pt.2
Update
Chapter Nine: A Heady Past Pt. 1
Chapter Ten: A Heady Past Pt. 2
Update
Chapter Eleven: A Heady Past Pt. 3
Chapter Twelve: A Heady Past Pt. 4
Chapter Thirteen: Alone
Update
Chapter Fifteen: Painful Revelations
Chapter Sixteen: Telepathic
Chapter Seventeen: Back At The Cosmodrome
Small update of doom
Chapter Eighteen: Burning The Midnight Oil
Chapter Nineteen: Weakness
Chapter Twenty: Self-Discipline
Chapter Twenty-One: Action Stations!
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Other Self
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Past Should Stay Dead
Chapter Twenty-Four: Kampf
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Rider Of The Pale Horse Pt. 1
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Rider Of The Pale Horse Pt.2
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Rider Of The Pale Horse Pt. 3
Note: The Rider Of The Pale Horse
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Clairvoyance
Sorry 😔
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Seeing Is Believing?
Oopsies 😅
Chapter Thirty: An Inconvenient Revelation
Chapter Thirty One: Strange Happenings
Chapter Thirty-Two: Here We Go Again!
Chapter Thirty-Three: New Arrival
Chapter Thirty-Four: Deceived No More
Update
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Devil's Footsoldier
Update
Chapter Thirty-Six: Shadows In The Night
Chapter Thirty Seven: Another Close Call!
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Trucker Dempsey
Update
Chapter Thirt-Nine: Inner Courage
Chapter Fourty: The Lifting Of The Veil
Update and News!
Chapter Fourty-One: Divine Intervention
Chapter Fourty-Two: Drowning
Chapter Fourty-Three: Reunion
Chapter Fourty-Four: Reminiscence
Chapter Fourty-Five: Processing The Evening's Action
Chapter Fourty-Six: Her
Chapter Fourty-Seven: The Generator
Chapter Fourty-Eight: Creeping Doubts
Chapter Fourty-Nine: Until We Meet Again...
End of Book Two!

Chapter Fourteen: Assailant

273 14 11
BlueEyedDoctor

After a calming breath, Richtofen eased his grip on the knife. Slowly, he carefully pulled it away from the German's throat. During the struggle, the intruder had dropped the pistol he had been holding. But thankfully though, it had fallen nearest to Richtofen - who quickly clocked it.

The man, however, showed no interest in locating the whereabouts of the gun as he instead lumbered away. Once he had taken a few paces; he came to an abrupt stop. The man steeled himself and breathed a sorrowful sigh. He then dusted himself off and flamboyantly swivelled around on one heel to look at Richtofen.

"Has anyvone told jou how devilishly handsome jou are?" The man cooed before revealing his face - and taking Richtofen by surprise.

Richtofen's eyes widened as they reflected the man's face back at him. His suspicions had been confirmed. Richtofen's glacial blue eyes gazed into the very same ones - but they were not like Primis'. The man stood before him was like his doppelganger.

As well as their eyes, they shared the same swept back dirty blonde hair. The man smirked as he gazed back at Richtofen with the same time-worn face - each line etched by his twisted past. But, strangely, this Richtofen was wearing a cosmonaut suit. He looked just like Richtofen and not at all like Primis. The man before him was his Ultimis self.

Richtofen quickly broke his chain of thought and narrowed his eyes suspiciously. He sized Ultimis up before pursing his lips. Then, he finally spoke first.

"How did jou get here?! Und vhat exactly vas zhat all about?!" Richtofen snapped crossly. He folded his arms as he awaited an explanation.

Ultimis snapped from his smug daze before his eyes widened and he began to panic and grasp for any excuse. Richtofen raised a surprised brow as he was taken aback by Ultimis' reaction.

"Edvard, jou have to understand. It vasn't mein idea--", Richtofen's doppelganger replied with panic before pausing.

"It... it vas zhem! Zhey made me do it, I svear!" Ultimis continued, which earned glaring suspicion from Richtofen as he again pursed his lips.

Richtofen's eyes scanned Ultimis' face whilst trying to gauge the sincerity of his words. This version of him was rather jumpy - he did not carry himself like Richtofen. For his doppelganger, Richtofen had already begun to find Ultimis rather disappointing. Richtofen unfolded his arms and assumed a more open stance before replying.

"Und who are 'zhey'?" Richtofen asked condescendingly.

Ultimis anxiously looked around with paranoia as if checking the coast was clear before finally speaking.

"Jou know who I'm talking about, Edvard. Zhey sent me here after I failed on zhe moon", the doppelganger explained.

Richtofen flinched with the shock of Ultimis' words. How could he fail? The plan was fool-proof! How could someone as genius as him fail at anything - nevermind his grand scheme of all things! For Richtofen, nothing could stand in the way of him and the MPD. This doppelganger was a pale imitation of his greatness!

Then, Ultimis began to speak again which killed Richtofen's train of thought.

"Zhey sent me to zhis shpecific timeline und ordered me to take mein place vithin it", the doppelganger continued.

"Ve are just two of many infinite iterations of ourshelves. It vas nozhing personal, I promise", Ultimis added.

Richtofen's eyes shifted around as he processed the information.

"How could zhey do zhis to me?!" Richtofen screamed internally.

How could they just replace him like that? He was the one and only Edward Richtofen! But then, all the doubts, all the suspicions - they had not been in vain! Richtofen had tried so hard to escape his ever creeping doubts but now it was unavoidable. These advanced beings were no better than humans. But they were far more dangerous.

The thought of Richtofen being used as a mere expendable pawn angered him. His mind raced with murderous thoughts as he calculated every possible way he could wreak vengeance.

"Zhey vill pay!" Richtofen exclaimed in his mind.

His attention then turned back to the man before him who stood eyeing him apprehensively. Richtofen raised an eyebrow as he watched Ultimis try to compose himself whilst he awaited Richtofen's response.

"How could zhey zhink zhat zhis man could take me out?! It is downright inshulting!" Richtofen growled to himself.

He then realised his response was becoming long overdue.

"So, jou are from shome kind of alternate universe then?" Richtofen replied curtly.

"Ja, vhen zhe original vone of us overloaded zhe teleporter und travelled through both shpace UND time it caused zhe universe to fracture und branch off into different paths", the doppelganger replied matter-of-fact.

"In mein universe, I vas unable to shee zhrough mein grand scheme", Ultimis added.

Richtofen thought about what was just said. If this was true then these infinite iterations of himself were all vying for power. And, it meant that what Kiana told him was true. Primis hadn't been some kind of trick, he really was just another version of himself. He really was him from another universe!

"Mein diary..." Ultimis began which caught Richtofen's attention.

"Go on..." Richtofen murmured menacingly.

"It must be zhe key! If only I hadn't listened to zhem, perhaps zhen I could've shucceeded!" Ultimis spat regretfully.

Richtofen's heart skipped a beat as the walls of the room closed in on him - the sudden revelation made the room spin. This was why his masters had been so adamant in talking him out of pursuing his diary. It is the key! They knew that their hold over him would diminish once he found it. Richtofen had never even needed their help in gaining control of the MPD!

Richtofen's obsession with retrieving his diary had created a rift between him and his masters. And the more time that went by; the more insubordinate Richtofen became. They wanted to replace Richtofen with a more obedient version just so they could regain control of their pawn. Perhaps even, if Richtofen wanted to really allow his paranoia to take hold of him, perhaps these beings made his Ultimis self fail in order to convince him to take Richtofen out.

But the question was, what made this time line so significant?

Richtofen's fist tightened as his heart swelled with anger and betrayal. He could feel himself slipping into that dangerously violent mood which proceeded his terrible tirades. But for now, he would have to contain the rage and hold it at bay. There were more pressing matters at hand.

"Oh, zhat old zhing? I forgot all about it!" Richtofen said nonchalantly as he waved dismissively.

In reality though, Richtofen's diary contained details of his research and was the amalgamation of all the knowledge he had gained over the long years - it was the road map for enacting his grand scheme! But it was now clear, Richtofen needed to find his diary at all costs. He had to get to the cosmodrome as soon as possible! At present, he was vulnerable and powerless without it.

Suddenly, Ultimis' voice pierced through Richtofen's thoughts.

"Nein! Edvard, it is zhe key! Ve need to find it! I vill shucceed zhis time!" Ultimis interrupted.

Richtofen instinctively closed his eyes and smiled upon hearing Ultimis' choice of words.

"How quaint", Richtofen laughed to himself.

His eyes then suddenly shot open as he shot an icy glare towards Ultimis.

"Oh, I'm very shorry jou couldn't shucceed and all..." Richtofen began.

Ultimis raised an eyebrow whilst apprehensively waiting to hear what he was going to say next.

"But I reeeeally do need zhat dashing schpace suit jou happen to look so handsome in", Richtofen sang as a menacing smile crept across his lips.

Then, his smile twisted into a devilish snarl...

End of part fourteen...

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

5K 108 29
*completed story* "Lets take a moment and break the ice So my intentions are known See I pity in watching you suffer I know the feeling of feeling o...
Break Me, Mate [Extended Sample] NIQUE

Про оборотней

5.1M 134K 37
Alpha Cross of the Macabre Pack was a ruthless killer. He was known for leaving pack after pack in a bloodbath with not a single survivor in sight. A...
Mein Liebling Emily

Фанфик

14.4K 389 42
Present day, an infection has spread across the globe, leaving destruction and ruins in the wake of zombie hoards. You aren't sure how long the power...
3.6K 204 36
HOLY SHIT 2K VIEWS TYSM 🥺😭❤️ Your favorite couple has grown up, and changed for better and worse. They've gone their separate ways and taken differ...