The Boy Next Door

By writtenbykara

Brooklynn Thomson, is a teenage girl from the big city known as New York. When Brooke's parents are gone a l... More

IMPORTANT UPDATE! {WATTY AWARDS}
Information & Copyright
Prologue
"It's Just Brooke."
"Smart Ass."
Has He Made It His Misson?
Nothing More
"Trust me."
First Day
You don't know me.
"Lie lie lie."
"The Heart Wants What It Wants"
Authors Note
''I promise.''
"He Kissed Me."
Could It Really Be?
Balzac's Coffee Rostery.
Sneaking Him In
Suprise Visitors
''Into the Woods We Go''
Authors Note
''She's A Liar''
Carry On
"You're A slut"
"It's Not a Date"
"You'll See."
"Best Friend."
"You Ditched Me."
"Get Ready For Hell."
"I Forgive You."
Avon Theater
The Old Prune
"Is This Blackmail."
"Off We Go."
The Truth
Bed Or Couch
Birthday Girl
"A Night To Remember." Part 1
"A Night To Remember." Part 2
"Who's Excited?"
Trailer!!!
"It's Just the beginning."
"Hey, That's My Line."
Fun Fact #1
Fun Fact #2
Life Changing Events
"We're Going Out,"
4 Years Later.
"I Said Tonight"
"I have Big News,"
Childhood Friends
"He's Not Good For You."
"How Could He,"
Thank You.
"You Can Leave."
Caught
Inevitable
"Like Old Times?"
Trouble
"Oh I know."
OMFG
"Promise Me."
Was This A Joke?
The 3rd Floor
"How Does It Feel?"
"Kiss Me."
Update
"Let's Go."
"I'm Fine."
Results.
"He's The Popstar."
The Interview
"Yes."
"Exactly."
"Eventually."
"I Don't Know."
"I Think I'm In Love."
"You're Disgusting."
"What's Going On?"
"Well, It all Started When..."
"We Love You Justin."
"Will You?"
The Official Ending!
Guys!!
Sequel in the making?? The Boy I Married

Prom Night

17.3K 855 374
By writtenbykara

Justin

"How do you think you did Brooke?" I asked over the phone speakers. It was prom day, and as soon as we had both woken up, we ended up talking to each other over the phone.

"I'm pretty positive I rocked that test. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be," She bragged. I could tell she was so proud that she had given the test her all, and it wasn't hard to tell she was overly excited to see if she had did as good as she thought she did.

"That's amazing," I replied simply.

"Yeah, so what about you? How do you think you did? I mean come on, you probably blew them away," she giggled.

"Uhh, I think I did amazing as well," I lied. I knew I hadn't done well at all. I missed every note I had perfected at one time. I missed every beat that had once been engraved in my head.

"You don't sound to sure," Brooke responded confediently. She was right, I wasn't sure at all. I had ruined my chance to get into Juilliard, and I had yet to tell anyone that it was the only college I had applied to because I was sure I was going to get in. I wasn't so sure about it now anymore. "Justin, did you hear me?"

"Oh, sorry, 'Im trying to get ready for prom, see you there?"

"Of course, I mean, we are dates aren't we?" Brooke giggled threw the speaker.

"Yes indeed," I replied simply before I ended the call.

2 days earlier

Messages:

Justin: Brooke?

Brooke: Yes Justin? :)

Justin: Would you, Brooklynn Thomson, take the honor of being my prom date? I mean if you want.

Brooke: I... I. What about Ashley?

Justin: What about her? I mean I know she asked me, but I can say no to her.

Brooke: But Justin...

Justin: You don't want to go with me. Do you?

Brooke: It's not that.. I just don't know what to say

Justin: Yes? No?

Brooke: Justin... I will go with you.

Justin: Really?

Brooke: Really.

Present day

"Honey you look absolutely great. I wish Jeremy was here to see how great you look," My mom says, Tying my tie for me. I've never been able to do it on my own, so she has always done it for me.

"Thanks mom" I responded, forgetting all about what she said about my dad. I was kinda upset that he didn't try to come here when he knew prom was coming up. "I'm happy we both decided on this suit. It goes with my eyes perfectly" I respond, looking at myself in the mirror.

"Yeah, so when are you going to pick Ashley up?" Mom asked.

"Actually I'm not going with Ashley. Brooke and I decided we should go together," I added, cracking a small smile.

"Oh my gosh Justin, why didn't you tell me?"

"Mom, calm down, we are only going as friends,"

"Okay honey, I just think-" She started to display a huge smile.

"Stop," I whined, dragging my words. Quickly turning away so she wouldn't see my cheeks quickly rising in temperature.

"I'm just saying Justin," Mom responded. I turned back around to see her hands raised in defense.

After I had finished getting ready, and mom took the worlds largest supply of pictures, I grabbed the corsage that was once meant for Ashley, and start walking over to Brooke's house. I thought it would be romantic to climb the tree and surprise Brooke, so that's what I did. As I knocked on the balcony door, I saw her come to the door to let me in.

"Where's your dress? Why aren't you getting ready?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows.

Before she had a chance to reply she let out a horrifying cough.

"I'm not going," She replies, plopping down on her bed with a box of Kleenex in her hand. "I must of caught something. I don't feel well and I just don't feel like going." She just looked at me and I could tell that she was actually really sick. Her little button nose was as red as can be, her eyes had red rings under them, not to mention how watery they were.

"I can stay here with you and we can turn on some Netflix and watch Pretty Little Liars all night. I know that you love that show," I respond. Trying my best to be comforting, as I removed my blazer.

"NO! I will not stop you from going to senior prom," she stated simply

"Brooklynn, I don't know if you realized it or not, but you're my date!" I replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Justin, you were going to go with Ashley in the first place, just go with her." Brooke displayed a small smile, before coughing. "I sound like a howling dog. I'm sorry I can't go with you tonight, but I don't want it to stop you from going."

"Okay. Well, I'll be over after prom, so stay up for me." I asked, before putting my blazer back on.

"Pinkie promise me," I respond, holding out my pinkie.

"Promise," she replied simply, linking our pinkies together.

After saying goodbye and making sure she was okay, I climbed back down the side of her house and made my way to my mom's car, I'm driving it for the night. Once I got into the car, I pulled my phone out to call Ashley. I never told her that Brooke and I were going to the prom together so she was totally clueless. As I found her contact I started to call, "Hello?"

"Hi Justin," Ashley chirped.

"Are you still going to prom with me?" I questioned.

"Of course, why wouldn't I? I'm ready right now if you want to come to get me," Ashley replies.

I roll my eyes in aggravation, and pulled off.

"On my way," I replied simply, ending the call before she had a chance to reply.

After I had picked up Ashley, and we took our pictures together, we made our way to the school, where the party was being held.

"I can not wait to win prom queen, I mean do you see how hot we will look with those crowns on our head? And together?" Ashley asks as she brushes her body against mine.

I had forgot the real reason why we broke up. It was because she was just too bossy and pushy. Not to mention how mean she was to Brooklynn.

"You never know Ashley, maybe someone else will win," I reply. Grabbing a cup of punch.

"No. I'm gonna win, that crown it's mine," Ashley response in a demanding way before strutting away.

I watched as she walked away and headed to her two little minions.

To say the least, prom was boring. It was no fun without Brooke. I met up with Claire and Dani. We all hung out and talked for a while, but it wasn't the same without Brooke being there. After a while of chatter and sipping on the punch, which had been spiked, I saw someone walk on the stage with a white envelope with gold letters engraved on the envelope.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have come to the part of prom where we announce prom queen and prom king. I have nominees for the king and queen in my hot little hand,"

"Oh just read the freaking thing Mr. Frank," someone yelled from the crowd. Giggles and chuckles were heard throughout the gymnasium as Mr. Frank pulled out the envelope.

"Runner ups for queen are: Kim Halls, Sasha Marin, and Ashley Roberts," I watched as they all made there way to the stage, inwardly scuffing at the schools choice of 'queens'. "Runner ups for king are: Marcus Cooper, Liam Reeds, and Tony McKnight," I watched as they made there way to the stage as well.

"May I have a drum roll please" Mr. Frank asked as he looked down at the paper.

Groans were heard before and I just chuckled lightly before a drum roll beat broke out in the gym.

"Prom queen goes to" he dragged on before finishing. "Brooklynn Thomson," He said simply. My mouth dropped as I thought back to the fact that she couldn't come because she was sick. The crowd of teens roared with excitement as the crowed waited for her to come to the stage. "Brooklynn Thomson, last call," he replied.

"She not here, so the crown is mine," Ashley replied, racing to Mr. Frank, snatching the crown from his hands, before putting it on her head.

"She's right, if the winner isn't here to claim their prize, the crown goes to the next person with the most votes," Mr. Frank announced through the mic.

I rolled my eyes and pushed the thought from my mind.

"Prom king goes to... Justin Bieber."

I looked at Ashley as she jumped up and down and clapped her hands. The crowd continued to roar as I made my way up to the stage. As I walked up there, Mr. Frank placed the crown upon my head. He gave me the mic and I look at it before speaking a few words.

"Thank you for voting for me. I'm honored to be your 2012 prom king," I announced as the crowd burst out into cheers. I looked at the runner ups as Liam rolled his eyes at me.

Oh well.

Ashley and I did the tradition prom king and prom queen dance and then she had disappeared. I asked Kim where she had went and she told me she disappeared into the bathroom with Liam. I knew what that meant so I decided to ditch the rest of prom to go hang out with Brooke. I didn't know how Ashley was going to get home, but I was sure that she was going to find a way.

I did my routine and climbed the tree to get on her balcony. Before I knocked on the door, I peeked in to see if she was still awake. she was all bunched up with the cover to her eyes, and a bowl of popcorn sitting on her bed. This would be the perfect time to scare her I thought. I banged on the door and her body instantly shot up, as the popcorn went all over the floor. She ran to the door to open it.

"Justin, you scared the living shit out of me," She huffed, lightly hitting my shoulder.

"I know. I wanted to see the reaction you would make. It was pretty priceless. You should have saw it," I chuckled, walking in the room.

"Oh whatever," She replied, shrugging her shoulders. "I see you won prom king," Brooke whispered, couching afterwards.

"Yeah, and you won prom queen, but you weren't there to get your crown, so guess who actually won it?"

"Ashley," She replied simply with a look of disgust on her face.

"Yeah."

"So prom is over that quick? I thought it was going to be over at midnight," Brooke questioned.

"No, it wasn't over. Ashley ditched me to go screw Liam in the bathroom, so I decided to leave to come hand out with my best friend," I smiled.

"I'm honored to be the best friend of a king," She replied, grabbing the crown off my head and placing it on her's.

"Oh stop" I replied, waving her off.

The rest of the night was pretty much calm. Brooke and I just stayed up watching movies and laughing up a storm. It was amazing how much we had connected and I just couldn't believe I found a best friend like her. Currently we were laying in her bed watching Pretty Little Liars.

"Brooke, so who do you think A is?" I questioned, looking down at her. She was already off to sleep. "Brooke?" I whispered lightly.

"Yes," She replied sleepily.

"Should I leave now, you're sleepy and I don't want to bother you," I continue to whisper.

"No, I'm not sleepy, I'm awake," She replied as her eyes began to slowly close. I just smiled at her before wrapping my arms around her petite body.

"Goodnight Brooke."

_____

Decided to do a full chapier in Justin's P.O.V. Hope you liked it.

Let's see if we can get this chapter to 80 votes :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 43.2K 63
"Every girl wants a bad boy that will be good just for her" Brooklyn wasn't trying to find that kind of boyfriend. Until she met Justin. Can Manhatt...
135K 4.3K 33
preveiw; Katie Johnson, their victim? Well, simply because I'm the nerd. And they ain't the ones who hit me, my dad hits me too.Sometimes, he hits m...
28.7K 877 29
Jaliyah Campbell is a 23 year old trying to succeed in life. She was kicked out of her home at the age of 16 by her single mother moved back into her...
39.9K 1.6K 66
It wasn't meant for them to fall for each other. But they did. After all love don't see age, colour, shape or anything. It just happens. They tried...