Home- Calzona

Por lovingcapshaw

We all know that Callie leaves Arizona to be with Penny in New York. But, what happens when she returns? Will... Más

Sleep
Why
The Litte Things
Glances
Communication
News
Silence
Surprise Guest
Flirting
Confrontation
Anger
Avoidance
Starting Over

Secrets

2.5K 46 4
Por lovingcapshaw

Callie's POV:

I can feel the fury building up inside of me. Arizona has a girlfriend? And she didn't tell me?

"Callie, as in your ex wife?" Eliza says turned to Arizona. I can see how drained Arizona is from this whole catastrophe which makes it really hard to be mad at her. But I am. I'm mad as hell.

"Yeah. Calliope meet Eliza. Eliza..." she gives me a sad look, "Callie."

The change of her words. When she is speaking to me it was Calliope, but then to Eliza it was Callie.

I push all of my feelings down.

"It's nice to meet you" I say to Eliza with a fake smile & she gives me one right back.

"Yeah, you too. I'll just..." she points to the door "see myself out. I didn't know she had company." She turns to Arizona & I can't see her face, but by the way Arizona looks sadly at her as she leaves I can tell Eliza was crying.

Arizona sighs & I see her wipe a tear before turning around. She clears her throat & looks at me.

She doesn't say anything, & I wasn't going to. But, the anger inside of me just boils.

"She's pretty" I say in a sarcastic voice.

"Calliope..." she says her voice breaking.

"No! Don't you Calliope me. What the hell was that?"
I say angrily but not screaming because Sofia is asleep.

"I- I didn't..." she says but I cut her off. "When were you gonna tell me that you had a girlfriend? Or were you just not gonna tell me?" I say.

"You think I knew she was gonna show up?" She says back angrily & I know this isn't a battle worth fighting but I'm so angry I just let it out

"So what you were just gonna sit here & have a moment with me, then go to work tomorrow to kiss her? You didn't think I would find out Arizona? You thought you could- cheat again?" I say & that's when she walks closer to me so I know her fury without her having to scream.

"I was going to tell you. And this moment we were having..." she scoffs & looks in my eyes "Cheating on you has been the worst mistake of my life & I will go to my grave swearing on it." She's tearing up now "So for you to imply that after- everything that we've been through... that I'd repeat it." She sighs.

I look at her.

"So what? You just... think you could hide it? You don't think I wouldn't have found out considering I work with you?" I say mad.

And she turns towards me.

"You got you old job back?" She asks me with tears in her eyes.

I hold back the burning sensation in my eyes.

"You aren't the only one who can keep secrets Arizona." I feel myself about to cry. "I'm going to bed." I say as I turn my back to her.

"Fine. Goodnight Calliope." She says as she goes to her room and shuts the door.

I lay on the couch in the dark & instantly regret everything I said in the last 5 minutes.

Arizona's POV:

I close my door & silently cry as I go into my bathroom. I start breathing heavily & I get dizzy. So I sit on the floor as I hyperventilate.

I'm spiraling. What have I done? Who have I become? Why am I this way? What is going on?

A panic attack.

I sit in the floor until it's over and then wash my face because I'd been crying.

I change my clothes into a silk button up and some spandex & I take off my leg. I take a deep breath and turn my lamp off staring at the ceiling for another sleepless night.

Time goes by fast just like every other night.

11 pm

12 am

1 am

Then strikes 2 am.

Now all I need is a mysterious knock at my door & the days will really be fading into each other.

Knock knock.

I chuckle under my breath. My mind has officially turned against me. I'm going crazy.

Callie's POV:

Arizona didn't answer when I knocked on her bedroom door, but I could've swore she chuckled. So, I go ahead & open her door.

"Arizona? Are you awake?" I whisper so if she's asleep I wouldn't wake her.

I hear her shift around in her bed.

"Yeah, I'm awake." She says in her raspy voice. I can tell she's tired. But, she hasn't been asleep because if she had she'd be talking slower.

Before I can say anything she speaks again. "Can't sleep?"

"Actually I did. For like 2.5 hours, but when I woke up I realized how hard your couch is." I chuckle a little.

"Yeah, it's not comfortable. That's- that's why I let you sleep in my bed today." She sits up & turns the light on looking at me.

"Want too sleep here?" Arizona asks me rubbing her eyes because the lamp is bright on her eyes.

"I can't kick you out of your bed." I tell her.

"Please it's no trouble. I wasn't gonna get much sleep anyways." She shrugs.

"Why do you always do that?" I ask her going over to her bed.

"Do what?" She asks

I get into her bed and cover myself up leaning against the head board.

"I just sat in there & overreacted about you having a girlfriend. I mean I yelled at you & called you a cheater. Just for you to sit here & let me take your bed." I say looking at her wanting a actual answer. This is one thing I've always wanted to know about Arizona because I genuinely don't understand it.

She shrugs her shoulders. "Yeah so?"

I look at her. "I'm serious. Or like- in the custody battle. I took your daughter from you & moved 6 hours away with someone I barely even knew. And I let them say all those lies about you in court & you still won. Yet, you let me take Sofia." I sigh. "Or what about the time when I gave you an ultimatum in the airport. And you still went, which I don't blame you. And then you come back for me but I'm so pissed I tried to push you away with something you didn't want. A baby. And you stayed." At this point I'm recalling every thing I've ever done to her that she has put up with. "Or in all of the therapy lessons. When I was absolutely awful to you."

"First, Sofia is our baby. Not just mine. Not just yours. Ours." She says sincerely. "Second, I left because I love you & I want you to be happy. Even if that means we aren't together." She shrugs leaning back against the headboard. "And in the whole baby fiasco well- Sofia is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me so I wouldn't change that for the world. Best decision I've made by far." She sighs. "And in therapy... we both said things we wish we didn't." She looks at me. "Just like earlier." She smiles sadly & we stare at each other before she looks away. "Anyways, I don't wanna keep you up. First day back tomorrow." She pats my leg & gets off the bed. "Get some sleep."

Arizona's POV:

I turn off the lamp & walk out of the room gently closing the door. I go to the couch & laying down not saying a word as I stare at the ceiling again.

Still not able to go to sleep.

When I hear Callie open the bedroom door.

"Can you lay with me?" I hear her say.

I sit up.

"What?" I say

"I just- I don't like being alone. Can you just- can you lay with me?" I hear Callie say a little embarrassed. She's always had a little bit of abandonment issues when we were together, but it didn't bother me any because I like to snuggle & be next to her.

I walk over to where she's standing.

"Of course I'll lay with you." I smile even though she can't see it because the lights are out. I hear her sigh with relief.

"Thank you." We get in the bed & both cover up, but lay on our old sides of the bed with our backs to each other.

"I'm sorry for overreacting earlier." I hear her say. And even though I can't see her face. I can hear how sincere she is. Our backs are touching since my bed isn't that big, but she grabs my arm. "I really shouldn't have, I'm sorry." And for the first time since she left, all the tension in the air between us had been lifted. "It's okay Calliope." She lets go of my arm & we sit there for a moment.

And for the first time in nearly a week. I was able to sleep.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3K 100 17
After Arizona moves to Callie to NY they both realize what mistakes they both made. Will they talk things out and get a happy end? 💕written with MeW...
31.9K 958 27
A week after Callie left for New York, Arizona gets into a car accident; it is near-death situation until Meredith Grey pushes she is not dead until...
118 11 3
Will one plane journey change it all? (Calzona) It's been six weeks since Callie and Sofia moved to New York, and six months since Callie and Arizona...
22.3K 501 31
What really is going on behind the screen? The story? The show? Behind all the fame? *Characters are borrowed from Grey's Anatomy and the real Jessi...