Divine Serendipity • Stiles S...

By klaussupremacy

Arabella craved an adventure, she had always been one to throw herself in the deep end. She longed for her ow... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

12

1.4K 34 16
By klaussupremacy

Arabella's POV:

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asked Stiles from behind him, recieving nothing but a cold silence in response.

"Can you at least tell me if your dad's okay? It's just a bruise right?-"

"Scott, the Sherriff's okay, but by the looks of it you might wanna save your breath right now. He's pretty stubborn." I teased looking between them.

"You both know I feel really bad about it right?"

"Okay" the werewolf huffed. "What if I told you I'm trying to figure this whole thing out and..that I went to Derek for help?"

"If I was talking to you I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him. But obviously I'm not talking to you" Stiles finally chirped, determinded to stand his ground.

"I mean, I don't think Derek's the bad guy right now. He's probably one of the main reasons the alpha hasn't managed to properly get to Scott yet. But I agree it wasn't an ideal move" I looked between the boys before my eyes rested on Scott's stare. "Oh come on I could have literally called up my mum, told her everything and she'd have him gone and Scott in control faster than Stiles can eat a portion of curly fries."

Both of them laughed before Stiles gave in, turning around. "What did he say?"

Scott spend the rest of the class explaining what Derek had told him, along with something about staying away from Ally, an idea I understood but wasn't particularly fond of. Especially since she wouldn't have a reason for his sudden absense.

---

"The beast of Gevaudan. Listen. 'A quadruped wolf like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over 100 people becoming so infamous that king Louis XV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it." Allison explained as me and Lydia tucked into our lunch.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if my dad knew the guy back in the day, could have even been friends. Alllison was tapping into her family's history, something to do with a history project, though it wouldn't hurt to get a little more info on the Argents.

"Even the church eventually declared the monster a messanger of satan." The likely-hood of Dad knowing this beast seeming more and more likely as the description went on. "Hm. Still boring" Lydia added as I nudged her shoulder.

"Go on Ally, I'm listening." I piped up as the brunette continued, basically explaining how people thought it was a shape shifter and her anscestors were the ones to take it down.

"Your anscestors killed a big wolf. So what?"

"Not just a big wolf. Take a look at the picture" Allison held up the book.

"I don't know, a werewolf? If they were real anyway" I answered as Lydia stared. "It looks like a big wolf. See you in history." she finished before walking away as me and Allison continued to talk. It was clear to me the image had triggered a memory, but I kept my thoughts to myself.

Not even ten minutes later, I watched Allison chase after Scott as soon as she caught site of him, although he disappeared down the corridor before she could reach him. She wanted answers and I honestly didn't blame her, ignroing her without an excuse was a dick move from Scott, even if I knew why he did it.

"Hey Belle" Stiles called from behind me, a hand on my shoulder as I turned to face him. "I have a plan to help Scott with control, you wanna come?"

"Nothing better to do" I shrugged before noticing how he didn't move. "What's the catch?"

"Well we sort of need to break into Coaches office and steal a heart rate monitor. But that's not why I asked you to come- oh god please don't think I'm using you for something-"

"You're lucky you're my favourite, Stilinski" I cut the boy off as he flashed a goofy smile, that familiar light shade of pink flushed onto his cheeks. "Cmon, lets go get our teen wolf."

---

The three of us made our way out onto the field, Scott questioning where the hell the equiptment came from. "So you guys stole it?"

"Temporarily misappropriated" I grinned, pulling out coach's phone, "this, we stole" I finished with a smirk.

"You're heart rate goes up when you go wolf right? When you're playing lacrosse, when you're with Allison. Whenever you get angry. Maybe you can control it if you can learn to control your heart rate." Stiles added as we set everything up.

Scott had his hands bound with duck tape as Stiles began to launch lacrosse balls at him with a stick, I watched in amusement keeping an eye on his heart rate, hearing the grunts from the boy in front of me. "Try not to get angry okay?"

"Wanna go?" Stiles asked me, holding out the lacrosse stick.

"God I wouldn't even now where to start Stiles, might be better off leaving this to the players." I answered looking at him.

"Cmon, I'll help you" He gestured for me to come forward as I complied. I grabbed the stick, slinging it back over my right shoulder as Stiles positioned himself behind me. Directly behind me.

His hot breath grazed my neck as I found myself struggling to focus. What is this boy doing to me? He grabbed hold of the stick, one hand placed gently onto mine whilst the other found itself towards the end. "Ready?"

I nodded, throwing it forwards as the ball flew through the air only to hit Scott right in the balls. "oh my god" He grunted in pain as I turned behind me, Stiles' face etched with another one of his goofy grins.

"Perfect shot, you're a natural." he teased, although the tone of his voice implied he was rather impressed with my aim. I put my hand on his chest pushing him away playfully as I made my way back towards the monitor.

"Ah ah ah, don't get angry" I called. Although after only a couple more shots, the monitor began to beep frantically, Scott dropping to the floor as he groaned.

Stiles and I shared a glance before making our way over to the boy. "Centre it Scott. Focus the anger, focus on something else okay" I finished as the beeps began to decrease. He did it.

From my peripheral vision I saw a boy, the captain of the lacrosse team, syping at us through the bleachers. He must have seen the whole display, well shit. I turned my head, pretending not to notice his presence as Stiles helped his friend to his feet.

"I can't be around Allison." McCall pointed out between breaths.

"Why? because she makes you stronger?"

"No, because she makes me weak." God how cliche do you get Scotty?

---

As the end of the school day approached, I made my way into Economics, taking a seat beside Scott. Allison sat behind him whilst Stiles finally settled into the seat behind me. Oh god this could get awkward, fast.

Scott made up some dumb excuses, something about his phone not being fixed and being busy all day, Allison falling straight into the trap his words had laid out.

"Lets start with a quck summary of last nights reading" Coach Finstock began, "Greenberg put your hand down eveybody knows you did the reading."

"How bout McCall?" he said after looking around the class. "the reading."

"Last nights reading?" the boy asked from besides me. This didn't look good.

"How about the reading of the Gettysburg Address?" the class laughed. "Thats sarcasm. Are you familiar with the term sarcasm McCall" Coach mocked.

"Very" He replied, turning to look between me and Stiles as a proud grin stretched across my features.

"Did you do the reading or no?"

"Uh- I think I forgot" Scott retaliated hesitantly.

"Nice work McCall, its not like your averaging a D in this class. Cmon buddy, you know I can't keep you on the team with a D." Coach replied kind of sincerely. "How about you sumerise the previous nights reading? No? How about the night before that?"

I could hear Scott's heart rate rising as coach's voice grew louder. "How about you summerise anything you've ever read in your entire life? No? A blog? how about the back of a cereal box?" The heart rate monitor Stiles had was going crazy at this point.

"How about the adults only warning from your favourite website you visit every night? Anything?" The monitor increased. "Thank you McCall, Thank you!"

You just blew it for everybody, thanks, next practive you can start with suicide runs-"

His heart rate slowed. Just as he was about to break.

I turned to the tanned boy, only to notice his hand linked with Ally's under the desk.

"She doesn't make him weak, she makes him strong" I muttered in realisation.

---

Walking down the hallway, Stiles basically explained everything I had already figured out. Scott arguing about how it felt when he kissed her in comparison etc.

"No. That's not the same. When you're doing that, you're just another hormonal teenager thinking about sex, you know?" Stiles replied as Scott zoned out.

"You're thinking about it right now aren't you?" I added, pulling the boy back to reality.

"Yeah, sorry."

"Thats fine, me too" Stiles mumbled the last part as if I didn't have supernatural hearing.

"So all of this is because I love her?" Scott changed the subject.

"Obviously- oh my god" I cut off realising what he had just admitted.

"Did I just say that? I love her." He said with a smile as my face lit up, I was happy for them.

"No really I think I'm totally in love with her."

"And thats beautiful. But before you go off and write a sonnet can we figure this out please-"

"Oh give over Stiles, let him have his moment, they're in love." I defended with a smile. It must be nice to have someone feel that way about you, be so in love to the point where they can't leave you alone.

Anyways, not long after Stiles let us outside towards a truck, holding up Scott's keys as he looked around. He had told the tanned boy to focus on Allison as he stood there curiously holding up the keys his friend had returned to him.

"Oh my God" I muttered as Stiles went over to the car, scratching his house key across the glossy surface before standing directly in front of me as if to block my vision. Scott's jaw dropped.

"Hey dude what do you think you're doing to that truck bro?!" the boy in front of me mocked in fake surprise. Just as he anticipated, this caught the attention of four men stood near by, inspecting the damage done to their car before walking over to Scott.

"Stiles!" I scolded as I watched my friend take swift hit to the face, the first move followed by a fight between the boys- an unfair one might I add.

Before I could react, Stiles swivled to face me, grabbing my wrists as his eyes bore urgently into mine. "Bella promise me you won't use magic, please. I need- we need to see if Allison can keep him in control. We can help him after, just please trust me on this."

I gave him a hesitant look before relaxing my shoulders from their rigid position, one which Stiles took as an indication to losen his grip, dropping his hands a few moments later. He remained next to me, as we watched this whole thing play out.

"Cmon Scott stay calm" I muttered under my breath, catching the attention of Stiles as the beeping of the heart monitor increased. Sensing my obvious discomfort, I felt Stiles reach around my back hesitantly, his hand grazing gently up and down my upper arm as he pulled me into the safety of his side. Woah. Such a small gesture made a volcano of butterflies errupt in my stomach. I responded almost immediately, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Stop! Stop it right now!" a voice called as the group of boys dispersed revealing Scott on the ground. His nose was bloody, but hus heart rate had gone back to normal, I adjusted my head to see the sarcastic brunette staring at his friend with a proud smile, his hand still tracing circles across my arm.

"Detention, all three of you." Harris ordered without a lick of emotion on his face.

"Seriously?" I retorted, walking over to my injured friend, helpimg him to his feet. From what I could tell, he had come away from this relatively lucky, a few cuts and bruises, but nothing vital. I thought about offering him my blood, but decided against it as I knew he would heal on his own regardless, that and it would seem awfully strange to Harris for a student to clean up so quickly.

"You knew I would heal?" Scott began looking at Stiles. "Yep"

"So you did that to help me learn?"

"Yep"

"But partially to punish me?"

"Yeah." Stiles added with a little more emphasis. "That ones obvious."

"Dude, you and Ari are my best friends, and I can't have you being angry with me." McCall started, peering at the boy across the desk from him.

"I'm not angry anymore. Look, you have something Scott, whether you like it or not, you can do things that nobody else can do." Stiles prompted, pausing as he thought about his next words. "Which means you don't have a choice anymore, you have to do something."

"I know, and I will"

"Alright, the three of you, out of here-" "Thank you" I didn't waste another second in there before the three of us began walking towards the parking lot. Each of us got into our cars, driving home.

God home much I longed for a peaceful night tonight, of course, with a blood-thirsty alpha werewolf on the prowl, that isn't exactly a priority. Mr. Teen wolf had called me almost immediately after he got to work, telling me everything, sbout Deaton, Derek etc. Stiles arranged to pick me up a little later Scott had some sort of plan apparently, what was it? I was yet to find out..

---

A/N: 2.4k words wow. Again I'm sorry, no time to proof read and check for mistakes, as always please ignore any bad spelling or grammar!

The infamous school episode next! lets see how this one plays out..until next time...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1M 98.9K 104
>「𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘰 𝘌𝘳𝘢 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 」 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐄𝐑. Demon Slayer belongs to Koyoh...
586K 9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
74.9K 1.7K 32
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
395K 11.9K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...