Falling For The DA

By MrLostSoul

ADA Rafael Barba never was one for falling in love but what happens when he meets detective Olivia Benson, bu... More

prolog
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 2

2.4K 64 6
By MrLostSoul

Chapter 2

Rafael Barba Pov

Today I was working late on a new case we had. A teenage girl was raped by her own teacher. We found out that he's been doing it for awhile. It made me sick that someone could do that to a teenage girl. I'm glad we put that sick son of a bitch behind bars. I was about to get him the max twenty-five to life.

I was sitting at my desk putting away the file. I had about five more files I had to look through. I sighed deeply craning my neck to look at the time. It's already one o'clock and I was desperate for a drink. I grabbed the stack of files putting them into my briefcase.

'I'll work on these later,' I thought as I grabbed my jacket heading out of my office.

I was able to get a cab without throwing my arm around like a crazy person. Once I was in the cab the driver asked me where I was going and without hesitation, I told him to take me to the same bar where Olivia was that last time.

I was secretly hoping I would bump into her there again.

'God, what am I thinking? She's just a person I work with. I have no feelings whatsoever towards Olivia Benson,' I thought as I looked out the window. I was starting to doubt everything now.

'Do I have feeling towards her?' I was in a daze.

I didn't realize we were already in front of the bar. I quickly got out of the taxi, paying the driver.

I stood outside for awhile just looking at the outside of the bar trying to convince myself to just walk in. What if she's there again how will I deal with being so close to her again?

'Why am I so nervous? I shouldn't be nervous,' I thought, and before I realized it my feet were already moving toward the entrance of the bar.

Once I opened the door there was no going back. I scanned the room holding my breath. My eyes landed on the person I really hoped not to bump into. Olivia. She was sitting at the same seat with a drink in hand.

'It's now or never,' I thought as I started to walk towards her.

I tried convincing myself to just turn around and walk out, but something told me I should just go on ahead.

"Benson,' I said greeting her as I placed my hand on her shoulder.

I swear my hand felt tingly. She quickly whipped her head towards me smiling wildly.

"Barba! Hi! It's nice to see you," I was shock by how she replied. It made me feel giddy.

'God, what is this woman doing to me?'

"How long have you been here?" I asked curiously as I sat on the stool next to her.

"Since the hearing," she said a little bit slurred.

"That was hours ago! How much have you drank?" I asked, concerned. Goodness, how bad did this case hit her?

"I don't know. Stop being a buzz kill. Come on have a drink with me Rafael."

I could smell the booze on her, but that soon faded when I noticed she said my first name.

'Man, I loved how my name rolled off her tongue.'

'Not this again. Here I go again thinking about her,' I mentally slapped myself, 'maybe I should have a drink.'

'No. Probably a bad idea,' I quickly decide.

"No, I'm good. How about we get you home Olivia?" I said as I tugged at her arm.

"Awe why Rafael?" She asked with a pouty face.

'Jesus, she was so cute.'

"Come on Olivia," I got a hold of her arm getting her out of her seat.

She tried to walk but she fell over onto my chest. I quickly wrapped my arm around her waist not even thinking. She was so close to me. I let go, helping her to stand steady as she tried put on her coat. I could see her struggling to put on her coat. I swear it was like watching Bambi walk for the first time.

"Here let me," I said as I got a hold of her coat helping her with it.

"Thank you," she muttered under her breath.

"Okay, let's get you home," I put my arm around her for support as we both walked out of the bar.

She stumbled a bit as we walked to the curb to hail a cab. She was so close. This is what I feared the most, being so close to her like this. I looked at her face. Her cheeks were a light shade of pink. She really looked amazing.

"I'm sleepy," she said yawning placing her head on my shoulder. I became tense. I was more surprised then shocked, but I soon relaxed, placing my hand onto her head. As soon as we were getting close a cab pulled over.

"Come on Olivia let's get you into the cab," I grabbed her waist opening the door. Trying my best to place her gently into the cab. Once she was in, I quickly closed the door jogging over the other side.

"Rafael?" I looked over at Olivia who was looking at me. Our eyes meeting.

"Yes Olivia?" I asked

"I think I had too much to drink," she said her eyes becoming drowsy.

I have her a small smile.

"Yeah, you did. Don't worry you're almost home," I said looking out the car window, then looking over towards her again.

I needed to break our eye contact.

"To....tir-" before she could finish her sentence, she passed out on my shoulder. Panic rushed over me.

What do I do now?!

"Benson wake up," I said, shaking her shoulder a bit. She wouldn't budge.

"Shit," I said under my breath, sighing deeply.

"Is everything alright back there?" The taxi driver asked.

"Um yeah. Could you actually drop us off at my place?" I asked giving him my address.

I swear it's just my luck. The drive to my place wasn't long, but it felt like forever. I didn't want it to end because I liked the feeling of having Olivia so close, but I knew her safety was more important.

I looked over at Olivia as we pulled up into my driveway. She was sleeping peacefully. She was more beautiful if possible. I didn't want to wake her, but I knew we had to get out of the cab. I gave it another try at waking her up.

"Olivia wake up please."

"Hmm..I'm I... Home?" She asked sleepy.

"Sure. Come on, let's get you inside," I gently took her head off my shoulder quickly getting out of the cab and jogging back around to open the door. She needed some helping her out. I wrapped my arm around her waist walking towards the front door. Placing my briefcase onto the floor, I looked through my pockets for my key.

Once I found them I quickly unlocked the door, grabbing my case again with Olivia on my shoulder. It was a struggle, but I didn't care.

Once we were inside I decided to just put her in my room. I couldn't put her on the couch. That would be terribly rude of me. I walked her to my room. Gently placing her onto the bed, I made sure she was still asleep. She looked so peaceful. I could look at her forever, but that seems a bit creepy.

I quickly took of her heels, and tried many times getting her coat off. The struggle was real. Once I finally did, I grabbed the blanket covering her with it. Once the blanket was on her, she curled into a ball. She was just too cute even when she was sleeping.

I turned off the bedside lamp, walking out of the room.

'I really needed a drink now.'

Thinking this, I walk over to my table where I keep my scotch. I poured myself some, taking a seat on the couch.

'Olivia Benson is sleeping in my bed,' I said that repeatedly in my head. It made me smile. My smile soon faded away when I saw my briefcase. Just thinking about all the files I needed to do made me groan.

'Files or sleep? Sleep or files? Sleep definitely sleep. I will just wake up early tomorrow and do it them,' I planned out while finishing the last of my drink. I was silently debating to either sleep on the uncomfortable couch or in my bed where Olivia was currently occupying.

Do I want to wake up with a sore back or not? Why am I even thinking about this? Of course I don't want a sore back in the morning.'

I walked into my room with a glass of water and aspirin in hand. I placed them on the bedside table for Olivia when wakes up.

She was still sleeping. I reached over gently dragging my finger over her cheek. She was so warm. I looked at her a while longer till I decided to go to the bathroom and get changed out of my work clothes.

I was really tired. I don't even remember when I got into bed. All I knew was that I was sharing a bed with Olivia Benson and it didn't feel wrong. It felt amazing.

Olivia's Point of view

My eyes fluttered open. It was too bright. I don't remember my room being this bright when I wake up in the morning. I felt as if my head was going to explode. I don't remember what happened last night. I shot up quickly looking around the room. I noticed right away that that it wasn't mine at all.

'Where the hell am I?' I thought as I looked at the clock on the nightstand.

It read 10:01pm. What happened last night? Did I get drunk? All I remember is leaving the precinct. I lifted my blanket seeing if I still had my clothes on. I was relieved when I noticed all my clothes were on. I looked over at the time again, noticing there was a glass of water and aspiration. I don't know where I am, but I probably shouldn't take pills that are on the night stand.

'Ugh, but my head is killing me,' I laid my head back down onto the pillow closing my eyes.

'To hell with the headache, I'm going to take those pills,' I grabbed the pills and the glass of water chugging the pills down along with the whole glass of water. I needed to get rid of this headache.

I turned my head towards the door when I hear things moving around outside of it. I quickly toss the blanket off myself getting onto my feet. It's time to find out who the hell I stayed with last night. I walk over to the door making sure not to make much noise.

I quickly tiptoe through the hall. When I came closer I could hear someone humming a song I didn't recognize, but it sounded amazing. I looked around the wall to where the kitchen was. There was someone in there, but their back was facing towards me.

I took a few more steps towards the kitchen trying to find out who it was. They turned around quickly. My eyes connected with the one and only Rafael Barba. I noticed there was a strip of bacon hanging out of his mouth.

"Good morning detective," Barba said, taking a bite out of the bacon he had.

"Is that bacon?" I asked with a slight smile.

"Yeah, want some?" He replied.

"Did you make it?" I asked. He let out a chuckle.

"No."

"Then yes please." I grinned, showing off my teeth.

"I'm hurt detective," he said as he placed his hand on his chest.

"You have no feelings remember," I point out, rolling my eyes.

"Touché," he handed me a plate with bacon and pancakes, "but that doesn't mean I can't cook. Not to brag, but I'm one hell of a cook."

"If looks could kill," he said as I gave him a dirty look.

"So how did I end up here Barba?" All I could remember was leaving the office then waking up here. Maybe Barbe knew. I crossed my fingers. It was his place after all.

"I kidnapped you," he said jokingly.

"Come on Barba, we know that's a lie," I said, moving to sit at the dining room table.

"Okay fine. I ran into you at the bar and you were drunk. I was going to take you home, but you were basically out cold so I brought you here," he admitted, leading against the counter.

If you could see his figure, you'd admit he actually looked nice.

'What am I thinking? I can't be going around thinking that our DA looks nice. Remember what happen the last time you thought a DA looked nice. It didn't work very well at the end.'

I think it might be a good idea to leave. Didn't want to start making faces while arguing with myself. I get judged enough as it is.

"Well I think I should get going," I said getting up.

"So soon? I thought we could eat bacon all day and talk about how you stripped at the bar," he said with a pouty face.

"What! I don't remember doing that," I say, shocked.

"I'm kidding."

I felt a bit relief leave my body.

"No, but seriously let me drive you home. It's the least I could do." He offers. I knew he wasn't going to let me leave any other way.

"Okay fine, I'll let you drive me home. Plus I really don't want to pay for a cab," I said turning on my heels and walking away to get all my things together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 1.7K 46
They had had each others backs for years, and when Elliot needed more than just someone to make sure he didn't get shot, Olivia was once again there...
38K 1K 18
Hattie Stevens has been working as a victim advocate with Manhattan SVU for two years, denying her feelings for a certain ADA for nearly as long. Whe...
18.9K 584 45
Olivia can do everything on her own, but that doesn't mean she wants to. This story is Rated M to be safe. This is a Barson story!
4.1K 123 11
𝘓𝘪𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘐𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰�...