The Fire Mage and the 2 Slaye...

By ShujaoEra7

Romeo finally convinced his father to go and do his own first job quest, but the first time he took his quest... More

Chapter 1: Fire Mage's First Quest

Chapter 2: Ready to go

110 1 1
By ShujaoEra7

In a certain restaurant, there is a certain black haired girl and a certain blue haired girl having their long nice and romantic date.

Or at least that's what other people around them thought.

In actual reality, they are nervous and shy. Looking down on their knees trying to come up on what to say. Both the boy and the girl were trying get to know each other, but every time each of them started a conversation, both of them will talk at the same time and coincidentally say the same word.

"So what would you like to eat?" Both of them asked at the same time, before they again looked away.

Another awkward slab was put into their shoulders, a total of 48 and counting. 48 times they said something in complete synchronization.

"The restaurant is silent tonight right?" Again they asked each other at the same time.

Another slab of awkwardness was put into their shoulders. A total of 49. One more and you'll get yourself a-

You know what? Nevermind.

Though the part where the restaurant is quiet is in fact true. Nearly everyone has been staring at the 2 awkward 'supposed to be young couple' for half an hour in amusement.

Romeo suddenly made a hand sign; You go first.

Wendy shook her head and replied with a hand sign;  No, you go first.

Romeo shook his head and made a meaningful hand sign; As a gentleman, ladies first.

Wendy gave her a deadpan look before replying him with a hand sign; I'm a girl, not a lady, and you're a boy not a gentleman.

Romeo gave no counter for that, chronologically, she's 21, even though she's actually 421, but her mind, her memories and her personality didn't change, I mean they were frozen in time.

Romeo gave a next hand sign; But you are-

The glare from her stopped him what he was trying to reason.

He sighed in defeat as Wendy waited for him to start.

"What would you like to eat? It'll be my treat." Romeo started relating to food, not the best start, but it's still a start.

Cue to the noises started with a groan and satisfaction before going back to the way it was, knowing that the small opera had ended.

"Are you sure? I mean, I don't want you to waste your money when I already have one." Wendy stated and Romeo suddenly felt like someone is peeling his dignity away.

"I'm sure, plus I can earn more from doing jobs since I can finally go on my own." Romeo said as Wendy smiled and nodded.

Romeo called the waiter and ordered some food. With Romeo ordering the Summer Special Deluxe and Wendy Ordering a strawberry milkshake and Strawberry Cake.

Wendy find it weird when the waiter suddenly shouted something about Summer Special Deluxe, but she ignored it and started talking to Romeo.

"Well, do you..." Both Romeo and Wendy stopped what they're supposed to say. They probably knew what they're both thinking so Romeo let Wendy took the initiative.

"Do you like reading books?"

.....

"Levy is that you? Where's Wendy at?" The question made Wendy giggled before lightly punching Romeo on the shoulder.

"Of course not you idiot. I'm just trying to get to know you." Wendy stated, getting Romeo to chuckle at her sudden antics.

"Well, it's a start then... I do read books to pass time. But when at home, I usually watch something from Lacrimavision. My favorite was rewatching the Grand Magic Games, especially when Erza fought 100 monster on her own." Romeo shuddered, in his perspective, it looked like Erza was a monster while those 100 'Monsters' looked like an aggressive sheep in a butcher.

Wendy laughed nervously when he mentioned Erza 'fighting' those monsters.

"How about your fight with Chelia? I think it's one of those I've seen you being a badass for once." Romeo asked Wendy, oblivious to her flustered face when he mentioned her being a badass.

But before she could reply, her eyes widened in shock as a large amount of waiters holding tons of food was heading towards them.

One by one they placed tons of food in front of Romeo. Burgers, Pizza, Spaghetti, Sushi, Salmon, Siopao, and many others are lined up in front of him.

"One Summer Special Deluxe, 1 Strawberry Milkshake and 1 Strawberry cake." The waiter announced.

Wendy looked back and forth between the waiter and the tons of food in front of her multiple times, with her eyes as wide as plate as confusion is visible on her face, before she was finally able to form some words.

"Whaaaaat!?"

.....

The street was silent in the middle of the night, and here are two young mages walking together.

But Romeo here, felt like he was about to collapse as he remembered a ton of questions Wendy fired at him like a machine gun before they were able to finally eat together.

"I'm sorry..... I'm sorry..... I'm sorry....." Wendy continued to apologize to him as she walked beside him.

Well, he can't blame her, all those foods, yet it only cost them ONLY 8 JEWELS! This made Wendy grabbed his scarf and shaking him furiously while giving him a barrage of questions that made his eyes spiral like crazy.

Now, because of that move, Wendy continued spouting apologies towards him, even though Romeo accepted her apology. It was really strange for her to act like this.

Even though it looked like Romeo looked like she is ignoring her apologies, which he admitted himself that it was very rude to do so, he was in fact thinking on trying to convince her that he accepted her apologies.

Then he remembered his father's advice when it comes to girls when he was young.

"Wendy." Romeo suddenly grabbed her hand gently as Wendy yelped at the sudden touch as she looked at Romeo who was staring back at her with sincerity.

Her cheeks slowly flushed red as she tried to look away but can't for some reason.

"I already accepted your apology." He started before his mouth turned into a grin. "So don't try to berate yourself too much."

After a long minute, Romeo and Wendy suddenly realized that both of them are still holding hands and they immediately released their grasp as they looked away with Romeo scratching the back of his head and Wendy feeling flustered all over.

'His/Her hand is soft.' They both thought before Romeo noticed that they are getting closer at the Fairy Hill. Both of them stopped as they looked at each other.

"I guess this is where we part ways, I'll meet you guys at the park tomorrow." Romeo awkwardly said as Wendy smiled.

"Sure, we just need to pack up the stuff we need before meeting you there." She stated as Romeo smiled in return.

"Sounds good." And with that, they both went on their separate ways.

Romeo went home, suddenly feeling tired and opened the door.

The room was normal, the walls are covered in wood as well as the ceiling. A large number of books in the corner stacked up neatly. On the right is a room that leads to the living room and on the left leads to the kitchen and the dining room. On the second floor has two rooms on each side, the right one is Romeo's room and the left one is his dad's room, both of them are the size of the living room.

Speaking of his father, he saw him reading a porn magazine.

Macao noticed his presence as he put down the magazine and greeted him.

"You're back Romeo, so how was your date with Wendy?" He wiggled his eyebrows as he grinned.

"I-I-Its not a date! We just hang out to get to know each other! That's all." Romeo shouted as he started blushing. They really were just trying to get to know each other.

"Then why are you two on the Klon restaurant? The two of you are having a lovey dovey moments when I was looking for you." His grin got wider and wider.

Romeo tried to deny but when he thought about it in other's perspective, the two of them seemed like dating.

"But we really are talking about some topic for us to get to know more you know. And we just know each other so it's impossible for me to have feelings for her immediately." Romeo explained, not noticing the deadpan look he is giving him.

'.....Son, Is love at first sight not in your dictionary? Well, pushing him further than he should might destroy their relationship so let's drop it for now. *Sigh* Where's Mira when you need her for shipping?' He mused before deciding to drop the subject.

"Alright..... So,  have you finally got some job you wanted?" Macao changed the topic which Romeo sighed in relief, any more might make Romeo never look Wendy in the same way.

"Well, I got one." Romeo said as he handed him the paper.

His father accepted the paper before looking at them. His face turned to worry as he read more.

After a few minutes passed, he looked at his son, worry evident on his face.

"Son, are you sure about this?" Macao asked him in which he responded with a nod.

"The are many dangers ahead of you. Are you sure what you're doing is worth it?"

"I'm sure dad, besides, I'm not going there alone." He added.

That gave him to raise an eyebrow. He urged him to continue.

"I got Wendy and Chelia to come with me."

Time seemed to stop as his father tried to process what he just said.

"Romeo, to think that you already have beaten me at this age. You finally become a man. Having two cute slayers to come with you." He muttered as he sulked in the corner.

"What are you doing dad?" Romeo, not hearing his word, sweat dropped at his sudden action.

"Nothing, just crying here because I'm proud that my son has become a man." He said with slight jealousy on his tone.

"Umm... Okay?" Romeo said, his confusion visible on his face. "I'm tired dad, so I'll be going to sleep now." And with that he goes upstairs.

If it weren't for his father grabbing his wrist.

"Son wait." He said as he took off his pendant, the pendant was shaped like an eagle, yet it's color is rainbow.

"Here, take this. I found it in the woods. This pendant can prevent the wearer from being killed and it can regenerate quite fast, I don't know to what extent but it can least help you survive. I've been using this for nearly a decade and I'm slowly getting old, so I guess it's time for you to wear it." Macao finished as he placed the pendant on his.

"But, this might be more important to you, I me-" Romeo was cut off by his father.

"I had no importance or connection to him, if anything it only saved my life and I was grateful for that. Nothing more." He said as Romeo reluctantly took it.

".....I'll take care of it. Thank you dad." Both of them smiled before Romeo went upstairs as his father continued to stare at him.

"You're welcome." Macao said before doing the usual.

Romeo entered the room and immediately collapsed into his bed.

'So many things happened, and probably more by tomorrow.' His thoughts have drifted off and he went to sleep.

.....

A few hours later, the pendant on Romeo glowed for a few hours before it went back to normal.

The next day

Romeo slowly woke up, feeling like his life essence had just been sucked dry.

Groaning, he slowly sat up as he let his mind regain its composure and focus.

Slowly, his focus became clearer and clearer until it finally went normal.

'What just happened.' It was strange for him to wake up like that, but he shook it off, probably still tired.

He stood up and went to the shower room and started to do the usual.

After 5 minutes, he was good as new.

Romeo went downstairs to see his father finished preparing the meal.

"Mornin' Dad."

"Morning son. You look like you got laid by many girls." Macao gave him a toothy grin.

"What's that supposed to mean." Romeo really couldn't understand his father. Things like sex, assets, riding someone, or any others. His only answer was that if you have a girlfriend, she will teach you how.

Even when he asked other people or guild mates they would either answer him that he's not ready or just ignored him and pretend that they didn't heard his question, though he noticed many sweats rolling down to their face.

He even asked many girls, in which he got was a slap in the face, but with his surprising stubborness, he didn't gave up. This resulted all of the parents of the girls he asked this kind of question to kneel and beg for him to stop, and that was at the center of the town. In all honesty, the last thing they want is for them to have another Macao in this world.

Such a situation made Romeo utterly embarrassed at such display and forced him to let it slide. They even added a rule for the sake of his innocence.

"You'll understand in the future." His dad answered. He may be a pervert or whatever they call him, but destroying someone's innocence was like insulting Erza's relationship with Jellal with a sucker punch.

The two of them sat down and started eating their breakfast. Romeo asked his father on what he could bring on his journey. He answered more on foods and water, but most importantly are the tools like fishing rods and cooking utensils. He gave him three manuals and two encyclopedia to pass time when going out for a long journey.

He went back to his room and took his backpack and started packing up all the things he need. From books to sleeping bags and tent. He left a space for his backpack in case they will get something along the journey.

He observed his backpack, it's nearly the size of himself which was what he planned to do anyway and after a few minutes, he's convinced that the bag is good to go.

He was about to leave the room when he tripped something and nearly fell.

"Huh?" Romeo looked at what he just tripped before his eyes slightly widened followed by a smile slowly forming from his face at the memories that surfaced in his mind.

The thing that tripped him was a Bo staff. Not just any staff, but a staff Romeo found in the woods 5 Years ago.

Romeo pulled out the staff under the bed before observing it in full view.

The staff was 1.8m tall, taller than Romeo, who was 1.65 tall. It's color was purely white and has golden color carved in a shape of fire throughout its length.

He can still remember its capabilities when he used it to pass time. One is that it's nearly unbreakable, he tested it how tough his staff was from a simple smash to an explosion.

Second is that it scared mindless monsters away from it, he found it out when he accidentally encountered a Lioth, a large lion with a tusk on it. He was about to run when it suddenly stopped as fear crept into its face, before running away.

Third is that the length of the staff can extend and reduce its length, with its maximum length of 2m to a minimum length of 1 inch.

Fourth is that it can split in to two and vise versa.

The fifth one is its ability to amplify any fire by ten times.

He continued to reminisce his time with the staff, before he remembered that Wendy and Chelia are probably waiting him at the park.

"Crap, I'm going to be late! Chelia might kill me." Romeo shouted as he took the backpack and the staff which he reduced its length to 1 inch, enough to fit it in his pocket, before speeding up to the park, ignoring the fact that his dad was not here and left the house.

Magnolia Park
7:24 am
Romeo, with his backpack behind him,  finally got to the park where they're supposed to meet.

'I guess I got here first.' He mused before leaning on a tree he noticed before closing his, enjoying the breeze that passed through. Waiting for the two certain slayers to come.

After a while he slowly opened his eyes to check if the two girls are here, only to see blue eyes staring at him, mere inch away from them.

"GAA-OW!" Romeo yelped as his forehead suddenly collided with someone.

"OW! That hurts." He heard a familiar voice and looked towards the source to see a familiar red-purple haired god slayer clutching her forehead.

Chelia massaged her forehead before glaring at Romeo.

"Chelia? You're here, but why are your face close to mine?" Romeo asked as Chelia's glare was replaced by a look of surprise before she looked away, flustered evident on her face.

Romeo stared at her for a moment before deciding to drop off the topic.

"So where's Wendy? I thought you'd meet her first before going here." Romeo asked, starting the conversation between the two.

"I was but she said that I'll go here first. Knowing how stubborn she was sometimes, I went first and you know the rest. She's packing up the things she needs. Speaking of which, you have the largest backpack out of all of us." Chelia answered before remarking.

"Yeah, I mean we're having a long hiking here, so it's best prepared that we will have everything we need to get through our travel." Romeo explained.

"I guess that's true, I even doubt myself if it was enough. If you don't mind Romeo, would you be the one to collect stuff that are too many or too heavy for us." Chelia requested. Romeo smiled, already knowing the answer.

"Sure, I was planning to do so anyway." It was the reason why he used the largest ones in the first place.

Chelia beamed at his answer before giving her a tight hug.

"Thank you!"

Romeo scratched his head, not knowing what to do, before deciding to just return the hug.

Then Romeo noticed that everyone is staring at him with glee, joy, or amusement.

"Chelia, people are staring at us." Romeo whispered, and Chelia jumped after registering what Romeo just said before looking around, confirming that everyone is indeed staring at her. Chelia blushed in embarrassment before looking at Romeo with an angry pout.

"Say that earlier, you idiot!" Chelia hissed, glaring at Romeo who laughed nervously.

"Roger that, ma'am!" Romeo mockingly saluted. Adding further embarrassment to Chelia, she even heard someone laughing at them.

"Mou~" Chelia pouted.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry for doing that you cute little angel." Romeo said, sub-consciously patting her head before releasing it.

Chelia comprehend what Romeo just did before blushing slightly. She looked at Romeo, who was standing in front of her, and pouted again.
"I'm not a kid you know."

"Sorry again, I just can't help it, you're just as cute as Wendy when you do that." That did Chelia recoiled in shock and made her speechless.

She felt her heart fluttered a little, which further added to her shock, this feeling slightly paled in comparison compared to when she is close to Lyon.

"C-Cute..." Chelia muttered.

"Stop it Chelia! You just meet him so why are you having feelings for him already"

AN: Is it because of his name being related to someone?

"What's wrong?" Romeo was really confused, does saying cute really made other girls she met, stutter and speechless? He really can't tell what's going on inside their mind.

"N-Nothing!" Chelia suddenly shouted, making Romeo jumped a bit.

"O....kay." Romeo really can't understand girls at this point.

"Sorry for the wait... And it seems like you're having fun..." A voice caught their attention and looked to see Wendy staring at them. A closer look you can see her eye twitching and her forehead slightly darken.

What they didn't know was Wendy already heard Romeo mentioning her cute, making her stumble forward with her mind shutdown for a moment. After comprehending what she just heard from Romeo, she went the same Chelia just felt.

Now when seeing them enjoying themselves, she felt like she want to give Romeo a powerful Sky Dragon Roar for some reason.

But even so, she fought down the strange feeling she had before looking at the two. Who were sputtering something she can't understand.

"C-Calm down you two, try breath in and out." Wendy put her hands in front of them to calm them down.

It worked as they took a deep breath before smiling Wendy.

"Thanks Wendy." Both Romeo and Chelia said before looking at each other.

The three then laughed at the hilarity, knowing that this will be a common occurrence in the future.

"That was..... I don't know..." Chelia said in between her breath.

"Hilarious?" Wendy suggested.

"Yeah!" Romeo answered.

The three looked at each other for a moment.

"Friends?" Romeo asked as Chelia and Wendy grinned.

"Friends!" They answered happily.

Then a thought came to Romeo's mind and asked the two a question that's been bothering him for many years.

"Hey Wendy, Chelia... I've been meaning to ask something that's been bothering me for a long time." Romeo started as Wendy and Chelia got confused with the sudden declaration.

"What is it?" They asked at the same time.

"Since you two are my girlfriends..." Romeo started but was cut off by the two who suddenly shouted.

"WHAT!?" They really never thought that Romeo would say that to them so boldly and so sudden.

"Why the sudden shout you two?" Romeo said while covering his ears.

"I-I-I mean, d-did you just c-call us your g-girlfriends?" Wendy asked, stuttering and her face was pure red. She didn't mind being his girlfriend but it's too sudden!

"Y-Yeah? What's wrong with that?" Romeo asked, confusion evident on his face.

"Everything! You're saying that we're in an intimate relationship, that we already loved each other! 'I don't mind it but it's too early'!" Chelia shrieked, blushing furiously at the sudden declaration, before whispering the last part. Which sadly Wendy heard as her pout was evident on her face.

"Ummm..... Isn't that what lovers call themselves at? That's what my father said to me." Romeo answered shyly and sincerely. Though if you look closely, you can see red tint on his face.

"T-Then, what is a girlfriend to you?" Wendy asked, her face still red.

"My father said that girlfriend is your friend who is a girl. Was that wrong?" Romeo said.

'Well... Yes, but actually no.' They both thought, when they thought about it, it actually makes sense.

"Never mind, what are you going to ask anyway?" Chelia stated before she asked him what she was going to ask her and Wendy.

"Well... What is sex? My dad said that if I have a girlfriend, she will teach me how." Romeo started and just like that, the whole town went silent.

"...Eh?" Was the two slayers could only say.

"Can you teach me how to do sex?" He asked again. Oblivious on what the citizens will do to his father.

"W-W-What are you saying! YOU PERVERT! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHA-" Chelia paused when she felt deadly aura converging on her, she looked around and her face warped into a horrified expression.

She's not the only one though, even Wendy was caught in the crossfire because around them...

Are the people of Magnolia glaring daggers at them. Their message was clear.

'Choose your words wisely.'

The two slayers, who are scared at the glares that the citizens are giving them, went to hug Romeo and clutched his shirts like it was the only thing that can save them.

Romeo was shocked at their sudden action before blushing. He would lying if he would say that he didn't enjoy it.

"U-Ummm... Romeo I don't know what sex is! So please leave it like that!" Chelia frantically said.

"Oh... That's fine. I was just asking." Romeo stated, red cheeks evident to his face and utterly oblivious at the townsfolk who lowered their glares and picked up their stuff(Torches, Forks, Shovels, etc.) with mischief before heading to a certain guild to interrogate a certain someone.

The two girls sighed in relief before finally noticing that they are still hugging Romeo.

They both let go off him, much to their disappointment, with their blush creeping on their face.

It was a long silence, save for a cry of help from a certain pervert of a dad.

"So..." The three started before stopping again at their sudden synchronization.

Before they laughed again for the second time. It would be a memory they would never forget in their life.

After a long laugh, Romeo stood up and extended both of his hands towards Chelia and Wendy with a smile.

"So, Ready to go?" Romeo asked, earning a smile from the two girls and accepted his hands with theirs.

"YES!" They answered.

Their journey has finally begun.

AN: Phew, that was tiring, after making a lot of scenarios, this was the final product.

So what do you think, is it good is it bad or whatnot, leave a comment and suggestions in the future chapters.

So next Chapter: Wilderness

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 4.1K 79
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
775K 17.5K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
416K 12.6K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
881K 54.2K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...