Running From The Alpha

By SeeBritFisher

"You cannot run from me forever, Violet," he whispered against my neck. A small shiver racked my spine from t... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Hindsight
Chapter Five
Stalker
Chapter Six
Hide and Seek
Chapter Seven
Too Late
Violet's Letter
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
First Night
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty

4.7K 159 28
By SeeBritFisher

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of months, the horror. Unfortunatly iIhave this diasease, L.I.F.E. I am not proud of it. I know it is short. I'll try to make the next chapter longer but I don't know when I can have it up.

Violet

“Violet!”

I jumped back and hit Peter. He wrapped his arms around me just as the door to his bedroom slammed open. “Hey, hey,” he murmured softly into my hair. “It’s just Cynthia.”

“Why didn’t you tell me she was back?” Cynthia hissed at Peter.

“We only got back last night,” Peter replied stroking my arm.

Cynthia sat on the edge of the bed and studied me. “Oh sweetie,” she murmured.

I detached myself from Peter and wrapped my arms around her neck. “Hi Cynthia,” I whispered hoarsely.

“Never get kidnapped again,” she ordered. “Do you understand me, Violet? Don’t you ever scare me like that again, I mean it!”

“No promises,” I told her failing dramatically at putting some laughter into my voice.

She gave me a small smile and brushed hair out of my face. “I’m glad you’re home.” She then turned to look at Peter with a threatening look in her eyes. “If you screw up and make her leave I will send you straight to hell.”

A growl escaped my lips and was followed by a squeak and the sound of my hands slapping over my mouth. “Sorry.”

Peter chuckled and pulled me too him. “You shouldn’t growl,” he murmured into my ear. “It’s just not fair.”

‘How?’ I asked through the mate bond.

“Because,” he whispered, “it’s really hot.”

“Sorry,” I repeated blushing.

He shook his head. “Don’t ever be ashamed to express yourself.”

I looked down as Cynthia clear her throat. “Are you two going to kiss? Because I can come back later.”

I needed her right now. Cynthia felt like an older sister now. After all those years of rejecting her. “Sorry I was mean to you.”

She shook her head. “Don’t fret sweetie. So when is Big Bad Alpha over here going to let me steal you from him?”

Peter’s arm tightened slightly around me. “Never,” he answered. “She is mine. Go get your own Violet.”

“But I want this one!” she whined.

Peter shook his head. “I had her first.”

“Learn to share!” Cynthia countered.

“But you would never give her back,” Peter replied.

I chuckled and Cynthia looked at me. “What? You know he’s right.”

She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. “Fine. Side with the best friend stealer.”

“Well technically I am his,” I pointed out and caught peter smile at my words.

He kissed my temple. “See. She’s on my side. Mine. Not yours.”

She stuck her tongue out. “No fair. That is so taking advantage of being her mate! If I make out with her it’d only be weird!”

I smiled slightly then looked at Peter. “Can we have some time to talk?”

He noticed the serious in my eyes and nodded. “I’ll be right outside if you need me.”

I nodded back to him knowing that if I spoke I’d only say that I would always need him. Cynthia looked at me confused as he left. I took a deep breath to prepare myself. “You deserve to know what happened the night my parents died.”

“Are you sure?” she asked softly grabbing my hand.

“You said I needed to trust someone,” I told her. “And there is no one I trust more than you and Peter.”

“Okay,” she replied. “Tell me.”

Cynthia didn’t take the truth much better than Peter. I know for the next few weeks, months, or possibly years, Cynthia and especially Peter would be even more over-protective of me than before. Great. Because his parents weren’t bad enough. I swear Luna Kiara has checked on me 60 times and Peter and I have only been home less than 3 days. All of which Peter never let me leave his room.

I sighed and grabbed the bag of Twizzlers. Cynthia, Peter and I were in his room watching horror movies. Right now we were at the end of Mama. “I don’t like this,” I comment turning to look up at Peter.

He frowned with me. “I agree. Let’s blame Cynthia because she picked it out.” Before I could respond a handful of popcorn hit him in the face.

I arched an eyebrow at a too smug to be innocent Cynthia. “Really. I sleep on this bed, there was no need to get popcorn all over the bed.”

Cynthia rolled her eyes. “That is not my problem.”

I shook my head at her and grabbed a piece of popcorn of Peter’s lap and threw it back at her. She of cause, being the same girl who claims to drink juice boxes like a badass, just ate it. Peter shook his head and collect the scattered handful of over buttered popcorn and tossed in in his trash can.

We haven’t kissed since that first night we got back. Part of me wanted to kiss him so badly but the other part knew that I was not ready. Not yet.

Peter caught my eyes and his smile hinted that he knew where my mind had wondered. I looked down at my hands feeling my cheeks heat slightly. Cynthia shook her head. “You two are just… you two are something.”

Peter and I shared a look and shrugged. “Cynthia!” Luna Kiara called. “Your mother wants you home!”

“When?” Cynthia yelled back.

“Two days ago!” Luna Kiara answered.

The three of us sat in silence for a total of three seconds before laughing. For a moment it I felt okay before the laughter stopped. I gave her a tight grimace. “You should go home Cynthia. You have school.”

“And you don’t?”

“Homeschooled,” Peter said a little too smugly for my taste.

“We’ll actually be going back to school Monday,” I told her and the smug fell off Peter’s face and landed flat on the ground.

“What?” he asked frowning.

“Your dad is going to make sure we are in the same classes,” I told him. “I talked with your mother about it. We both agreed that it’d help me to get back in public so I can adjust.”

“When did you talk to my mom about school?” he asked with a cute little confused look on his face.

“The other night while you were asleep and she came up to check on me,” I told him patted his cheek gently while Cynthia curled up into a ball of giddy laughter.

He pouted. “But I don’t want the other males looking at you,” he whined.

I rolled my eyes at his antics. “I am just one girl in an entire high school you over-possessive fool.”

“No, you are the most attractive and beautiful girl in a compound of horny teenage wolves that I do not trust around you.”

Cynthia is just curled up over there dying isn’t she? I threw a pillow at her and focused on Peter. “What would they do Peter? I know that you made sure everyone knew I belong to you. What idiot would hit on the Alpha’s mate?”

He looked down and mumbled, “The one who saw you. You are too hot for my peace of mine.”

Cynthia is in tears. “Peter, you don’t see me being overly possessive of you.”

Cynthia cleared her throat. ‘Um actually you did growl at a girl who touched him.”

Peter gave me a pointed look and gave Cynthia a look of my own. “Don’t try to help. And Peter would do a lot more than growl.”

“I would not,” he lied.

I smirked and wrapped my arm around his neck placing my other hand on his chest leaning closer so our faces were an inch apart. Cynthia left us alone muttering about best friend stealing. I moved so I was straddling his waist and his hands traveled up to the back of my thighs. “Peter,” I whispered in what I hoped was a seductive tone and kissed the side of his neck. He closed his eyes and groaned in the back of his throat and his hands moved a little North and I kissed his neck again. “Imagine another male with me in the same position you’re with me right now.”

He growled and his eyes turned black. “I would kill anyone who tried.”

I pulled back with a smirk. “Thanks for proving my point.”

He took a deep breath through his nose taking in my scent. “You don’t play fair Violet.”

I chuckled taking a metal note that he still hadn’t removed his hands from my rear. I pushed him back so he was laying on the bed beneath me. I kissed his neck just below his ear and he shuddered. “Do you really want fair play?”

“God no,” he moaned before flipping us over finally moving his hands using one to support his weight and the other lingered at my waist. He lowered his head to the pit of my neck and placed an opened mouth kiss on it.

I moaned and my hands latched onto his arms. I felt his smirk against my skin before he nipped it with his teeth. “Peter,” I gasped.

He pulled away and pressed his forehead against my own. “We… I need to stop before I mark you.”

I expected to be overwhelmed with fear considering what happened that night. But this is Peter. He knows everything about me and he isn’t running in the other direction. Peter would never hurt me. Sure I’m scared but it’s different. It wasn’t anything like it should have been. “Maybe that wouldn’t be a bad thing,” I told him softly.

Peter lifted his head slightly, “Violet, after what happened…”

“I have to move on,” I told him. “Peter for the past eight years I’ve let what happened that night control me, control my life. I don’t want to, I can’t live like that anymore.”

He kissed my forehead. “Not like this Violet. I have more respect for you. You deserve something like roses and candlelight and…”

“And a scene from a cheesy romantic comedy?” I finished.

He blushed and narrowed his eyes at me playfully. “You think you’re so cute don’t you?”

I nodded fighting a smile and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Peter…” I trailed off unsure of how to say it. For him the words came so easily but for me it would be the first time I’ve said the words to someone in eight years and this time the meaning was something completely different.

This time it would change things. I would be giving him a part of myself that I swore to keep to myself all those years ago when that man ruined mates for me. Something I wouldn’t be able to take back.

But this is Peter and I don’t think I will want it back. “Peter… I love you.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
1.6K 53 39
"I don't know what kind of girl you think I am Greg" I mumbled. I was not the kind of girl who slept with guys on a whim. I wanted him, but not enoug...
6.1M 211K 61
HIGHEST RANK: #4 as of 3/8/17 *PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION, THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 16 YEARS OLD, THIS BOOK IS NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEA...
129K 5.1K 60
*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I said throwing a fit, obviously panicking...