A Journey's Link

By Particulan

'A Journey's Link' is a tale about Ash and Goh, as they continue their duties as research fellows at Cerise L... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Battle
Chapter 2 - Adventure
Chapter 3 - Business
Chapter 4 - Pathway
Chapter 5 - Solutions
Chapter 6 - Crystal
Chapter 7- Performing
Chapter 8 - Research
Chapter 9 - Rustboro
Chapter 10 - Preparations
Chapter 11 - Mister Stone
Chapter 12 - Determination
Chapter 14 - Reunion
Chapter 15 - Control
Chapter 16 - Burden
Chapter 17 - Skipped
Chapter 18 - The Lake
Chapter 19 - Reflections
Chapter 20 - Dreaming
Chapter 21 - Rivaled
Chapter 22 - Resolve
Chapter 23 - Sighting
Chapter 24 - Linkage
Chapter 25 - Truths
Chapter 26 - Celebratory
Chapter 27 - Connections
Chapter 28 - Departure
Chapter 29 - Instinct
Chapter 30 - Planning
Chapter 31 - Lurking
Chapter 32 - Presentation
Chapter 33 - Paired
Chapter 34 - Anistar
Chapter 35 - Searching
Chapter 36 - Opposition
Chapter 37 - Threats
Chapter 38 - Passion
Chapter 39 - Split
Chapter 40 - Past
Chapter 41 - Ignite
Chapter 42 - Whereabouts
Chapter 43 - Secret
Chapter 44 - Hidden
Chapter 45 - Impersonations
Chapter 46 - Potential
Chapter 47 - Mixing
Chapter 48 - Squishy
Chapter 49 - Achievement
Chapter 50 - Key
Chapter 51 - Intentions
Chapter 52 - Sacrifices
Chapter 53 - Village
Chapter 54 - Close
Chapter 55 - Intuition
Chapter 56 - Blasted
Chapter 57 - Attack
Chapter 58 - Master?
Chapter 59 - Freed
Chapter 60 - Revenge
Chapter 61 - Explanations
Chapter 62 - Found
Chapter 63 - Fueled
Chapter 64 - Disagreement
Chapter 65 - Aftermath
Chapter 66 - Reconnection
Chapter 67 - Transformation
Chapter 68 - Home
Chapter 69 - Descent
Chapter 70 - Boundless
Chapter 71 - Finality
Chapter 72 - Energized
Chapter 73 - Life
Chapter 74 - Awakening
Chapter 75 - Confession
Chapter 76 - Forward

Chapter 13 - Central

1.7K 35 12
By Particulan

"Ash! Wait up!" Gohexclaimed, trying to keep up with a jogging Ash who was quicklymaking his way to the entrance door of the Devon Corporationbuilding. "Why are you jogging?" Goh asked, out of breathfrom Ash's sudden burst of speed.

Ash turnedaround with a perplexed expression on his face. "I was jogging?"he asked, clearly not realizing his actions. Pikachu, who sat onAsh's shoulder, looked as confused as Ash, as they both thought theywere traveling at a moderate pace.

Goh caught up tothem and looked up at Ash, studying him. "You know, this isexactly like the day you caught Riolu," Goh explained. "Youwere rushing to get to the Pokemon Center where Riolu's egg was anddidn't even realize it then either."

Ash thought fora moment, recalling the day he received Riolu. "I guess I kindof rushed that day," he said. "But it's not like I wantedto, it just kind of happened to me, if that makes sense?" Heshrugged as he said this, not fully making sense of the situationhimself.

Goh just shookhis head, thinking that Ash was getting weirder and weirder by theday. "First the Z-Crystal with Espurr, now this..." Gohsaid, his sentence dwindling. "Ash?" he then asked, a hintof worry in his voice. "Do you know what happened back therewith the loud noise and the crazy weather and the crystal changingcolor and Mr. Stone being all weird and-"

"Stop, Goh!Too many questions!" Ash interrupted. He could only take so manyquestions before his head would explode. He's not wrong in asking,Ash told himself. That entire situation in that office wasweird.

Ash thoughtabout all the questions, before settling on an answer that wouldcover all of them. "My answer is," he began, giving Goh ahint of hope that maybe Ash did have a solution to everything thathappened. "My answer is, I don't know," Ash said, defeated.

Goh almost fellover from the absolute disappointment but recovered pretty quickly.It was likely that if Ash didn't know something, Goh most likelywouldn't either, except when it came to battling. Ash had a certainflair when he battled that Goh couldn't quite replicate.

"Besides,we can ask the Professor about it when we deliver the package tohim," Ash suggested, offering a viable solution. Goh smiled,knowing that if anyone could solve an issue, it was Professor Cerise.With this in mind, both of the Research Fellows exited the buildingand were met with the bright sun.

Underneath thatbright sun was the aftermath of the dark storm. People werefrantically running around with injured Pokemon and trying to gethelp for people who have hurt themselves. There were ambulanceseverywhere, all leading back to the now crowded Pokemon Center;complete and utter chaos plagued the city.

Ash and Gohlooked around in shock at the situation; they hadn't seen the effectsof the weather on the top floor of the Devon Corporation building.They exchanged glances at each other, having more questions thanbefore.

Just then, afamiliar voice rang out across the chaos. It was Officer Jenny, whowas leading a group of people with injured Pokemon to the PokemonCenter. She and her Growlithe were desperately trying to guide theconglomeration of people through the panicking city. Ash and Goh ranup to her and, without hesitation, Ash asked, "Officer Jenny,what happened here and why is everyone injured?"

Officer Jennylooked at Ash in confusion but explained anyway. "A sudden stormpassed over the city," she explained. "And for some reason,the rain is causing some major damage to anyone who touches it."

Ash and Gohglanced at each other in disbelief. The storm that happened rightafter my Z-Crystal changed color caused this much chaos? Ashthought to himself. They couldn't believe it but ultimately decidedthat for right now, helping the city was the best course of action.

Ash turned backto Officer Jenny, who had just finished guiding another group ofinjured people and Pokemon to the Pokemon Center. "Office Jenny,is there any way we can help?" Ash asked. "I want to makesure everyone in this city is safe!" Goh walked next to Ash witha determined look on his face.

When it came toyoung trainers, Officer Jenny usually didn't let them try to assistin dangerous situations, but she knew that at this moment, all thehelp was welcome. She pointed towards the Pokemon Center. "Rightnow, the Pokemon Center is low on staff and needs all the help it canget!" she yelled over the crowds. "Try to get there in onepiece!" Ash and Goh nodded, both replying, "We won't letyou down!"

After traversingthrough the extremely busy crowd, Ash and Goh arrived at the PokemonCenter and made their way through the line to find Nurse Joy andChansey at the front desk, frantically working to heal everyone'sPokemon.

"Yes, I'msorry. All of our healing stations are being used right now,"Nurse Joy calmly said to a woman who seemed desperate to heal herLinoone. Other people with similar requests came forward, with NurseJoy still calmly denying their requests.

Ash and Goh sawthe dire situation and ran up to Nurse Joy, asking, "Is thereany way we can help?" Nurse Joy had a surprised look on her faceas she recognized the two from when they rented a room. Goh decidedto explain further. "We're Research Fellows from Vermillion Cityand saw the damage the storm caused, so we want to help in any way wecan." Ash nodded alongside his explanation.

She faintlysmiled, and nodded, pointing towards a hallway that was full ofworking Chanseys. "We don't have enough Chansey today to workall the healing stations, so if you two could work the remaininghealing stations that would be wonderful," she said, her voicesounding desperate for any help. "We already have one otherperson volunteering to work at one of the healing stations, so besure to look out for them."

Ash and Gohnodded, running down the hallway in a hurry to tend to the hurtPokemon. "I'll take this room right here, and you take the oneacross, got it?" Goh directed. Ash nodded walking into his roomas Goh went into his. As he entered the room, he realized the lightshad been shut off; most likely to conserve power. He brought out hisphone and shined it around the room, trying to find where the healingstation was.

He sat there fora moment, slowly moving his light in hopes of landing upon thestation. Once he did, however, he saw that a girl was standing overit; she was sniffling and peering down at six Pokeballs that satinside the machine. "Hey, you ok?" Ash asked, walkingforward to this mysterious girl. The girl responded with a startledyelp as she turned around, causing Ash to flinch and drop his phone.

It was darkagain, so Ash couldn't quite make out her face in the dark until abright light shined on his face from the girl's phone. He fellbackward after being blinded and fell into a few empty cardboardboxes, landing on his back.

"Ash?!"the mysterious girl exclaimed, putting the light down and walkingover to him. Instead of questioning how the girl knew his name, Ashonly groaned, the impact of the fall taking a toll on him. "Ohsorry! I didn't mean to blind you!" She said, pulling him up bythe arm from the rubble of boxes. He rubbed his back and groanedagain. "I'm definitely gonna feel that one tomorrow," hemuttered to himself. "Are you okay?" the girl asked,clearly worried that she hurt Ash a lot.

"Yeah, I'mfine," Ash responded, grateful that the girl helped him aftershe caused him to fall. "Are you the other volunteer that showedup to help Nurse Joy?" he asked, before quickly cutting the girloff with another question. "And wait, I heard you say my namebefore you blinded me! How do you know me?"

The girl sighed."I am sorry about blinding you, Ash," she apologized. "Ididn't expect someone to creep up on me, especially in this darkroom." Ash was again thrown off by this girl saying his name butdid a double-take when she shined her flashlight onto her face. Infront of him was a person he hadn't seen in a long time. An oldfriend that he traveled with within Hoenn, and someone who he wouldconsider a nice and caring person.

"May?!"

[-]

Deep in theVermilion City forests...

"Electivire,punch harder! Break through the rock!" The command was sharp anddemanding; it had little kindness to it. The large boulder, which satjust beside a small pond that was fed by a waterfall, received astriking blow from Electivire, whose fist was covered in electricity.It shattered into smaller pieces, unable to withstand the powerfulThunder Punch. "Yes! Finally!"

Electiviresmiled as it pulled back its arm, staring at where the boulder usedto sit. "Come back. It's time for dinner," the voice said.Electivire turned around and faced its trainer with respect; it washim, Paul, who had raised it from an Elekid, never failing to pushhis Pokemon to the absolute limit.

Paul dug intohis backpack as Electivire walked over, sitting down near him. "Comeon out, everyone," he stated blandly, sending out his Pokemon.Once they all appeared, he rummaged in his bag again and pulled outsix bowls and a huge package of Pokemon food. He set out the bowls infront of them and poured the food. "Eat up," he saidbluntly, pushing the bowls towards his Pokemon.

They all begandigging in as Paul walked back to his backpack, exhausted fromtraining. Ever since he had lost to Ash at the Lily of the ValleyConference, he'd been trying to create a bond with his Pokemoninstead of treating them as objects. But, it was proving to be adifficult task; that's not how Paul viewed Pokemon; tools to winbattles.

Sighing as hepondered over his dilemma, Paul pulled out his phone, hoping to finda distraction from his moral imbalance. Immediately upon turning iton, he saw that there was a piece of headline news in Rustboro Cityregarding some weather. Looks like they'll put anything on thenews these days, Paul thought sneeringly.

Still, itintrigued him, so he clicked on the live video footage that wascurrently airing. "We're here now in Rustboro City with somevictims of the rainfall. What are your thoughts on the situation?"The reporter put a microphone up to someone waiting in an outsideline at the Pokemon Center with their injured Pokemon.

"I justwant to heal my Pokemon. The rain just came out of nowhere and seemedto electrocute us." The reporter nodded and pulled back themicrophone. Paul was half-heartedly watching while he ate hissandwich, but all attention was on the report as he witnessedsomething strange.

Behind thereporter were two boys running into the Pokemon Center, trying to getthrough. There was one with black hair, but that didn't concern Paul.What he had his eyes on was Ash running alongside the boy. What'she doing there?

He looked up athis Pokemon, who were just finishing their food, as the samepersistent question came to mind again. How do I create a bondwith my Pokemon? He knew what to do next; he was going to findAsh and battle him again in an attempt to understand him better.Grabbing his backpack, he returned all of his Pokemon to theirPokeballs and made his way towards the forest, knowing his nextdestination.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 797 63
The sequel to 'A Journey's Link'. -Spoilers ahead- Six years have passed since the event transpired as a result of Giovanni and his manipulation of t...
83.9K 2K 21
Ash Ketchum is an "ordinary" 18-year-old boy who has just graduated from Kanto High. Everything in his depressing world changes when he receives an...
9.4K 269 25
When Ash and Goh arrive at Kalos. Goh is very excited to see Chloe again and Ash misses Serena. Will Ash and Serena find the power to control the inn...
138K 2.1K 15
Ash Ketchum, a 16-year-old trainer, is conflicted on where to go next after leaving the Alola Region. Everything is about to change in his life after...